The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:51 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
[PC] - Pony Island. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/405640

Why am I telling you to play?

It's simple. It's one of those games, sort of like that game, especially that other game.

Turned off by the title? Don't worry, it has nothing to do with thoses or thats or the theys about thats.

Thankfully it's not as flamboyant as that other game.

Either way, check it out.

Last edited by Nogknit on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:41 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
What the f*** are you talking about?

Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:49 pm
Site Moderator

Toilet clog wrote:
It's simple.

I'm talking about meaningless text that will only make sense to anyone that has complete a game and has completed this game in an attempt to give some flavor to a crumble of text that would have just been a line that said "this is a game" with bunch of black bars beneath it. Not like that would matter since the game maker didn't even care enough to hide anything on the place you buy it so ay might as well either give the guy a sandwich's worth of money or just watch it on YouTube.

Anyway I guess that isn't your kind of approach, is it? Can't blame you, but you could have just skipped the insider-only gibberish and checked the game out.
You are not going to convince anyone to buy the game based on "insider only gibberish" that will "only make sense to anyone that has [..] completed this game"

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Maybe, but I would have thought that if someone didn't want to say anything about a game they're recommending you'd have tried it for yourself?

Interesting how that works.

So, what do you expect of the game from the store page?

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:51 pm
Site Moderator

Toilet clog wrote:
Maybe, but I would have thought that if someone didn't want to say anything about a game they're recommending you'd have tried it for yourself?
No?

There are almost a hundred games in my backlog right now, and hundreds more classics I've never played, and at least a hundred games I'd like to replay. I don't have unlimited time or money to play all these games. If the most positive thing you can say about this game is f*** nothing at all, I have absolutely no reason to purchase the game, let alone play it instead of something else

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Term wrote:
If the most positive thing you can say about this game is f*** nothing at all

That would depend on your interpretation of saying something.

But hey, you already all these 100 games to play, you don't have any reason to purchase any game ever again.

But you will, because other games exist, and they interested you enough to buy them.

The only thing now is to check it the page for yourself and for you to decide if it's worth the sandwich money.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:27 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Term wrote:
Toilet clog wrote:
No?

There are almost a hundred games in my backlog right now, and hundreds more classics I've never played, and at least a hundred games I'd like to replay. I don't have unlimited time or money to play all these games. If the most positive thing you can say about this game is f*** nothing at all, I have absolutely no reason to purchase the game, let alone play it instead of something else

This is funny, yes please let toilet clog dictate if you should buy any game from now on, since you know can't be bothered to look at it yourself, tbh it doenst look like something i'd play, it looks horror eqse pixel games so if you like those go nuts.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:32 pm
Site Moderator

Toilet clog wrote:
The only thing now is to check it the page for yourself and for you to decide if it's worth the sandwich money.
I did before I posted, numbnuts. The game is vague about its premise and doesn't look very interesting, so it's up to your personal recommendation to convince me it's worth playing

But your posts are a minefield of worthless information and you still have yet to make a single post about what the game is about or why you like it

Your very first post in this thread included
Toilet clog wrote:
Either way, buy it.
And if your goal is to get people to buy it, you have done an amazingly poor job

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:43 pm

Term wrote:
So it's up to your personal recommendation to convince me it's worth playing.

Oh alright. Guess I'm the only one that enjoys being cryptic, which is... ironic now that I think about it.

The puzzles and the story and all that.

You get to pretend hack the game with puzzle elements. The puzzles aren't easy, but they aren't frustratingly hard.

There's how the game just screws with you, especially the penultimate boss whose just, perfect. It's obvious how he tricks you too.

Then, you have how the makes programming jokes, like how the game is constantly changed over and over. The main "game" sucks, but in way that's actually fun (until the middle where the rest of the game is that game and it's mainly find out how to get from A to B)

Then you have the story. Your past is shown through visions. Sometimes you get to ask one question about it. The rest of it straight forward, but interesting.

That's about as best as I or any other can summarize it without ruining that surprise.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
The game fancies itself a horror game, but it's not scary. That's the main draw.
It reveals its hand far too early; once I see the option to turn off "cheerful facade", my mind instantly turns off "suspension of disbelief".
A large portion of the story is about pointing out the main antagonist's awful programming skills and obsession with ponies. How am I supposed to be scared of that?
The story tries to deconstruct player agency and completionism the way Undertale did, but it completely fails. It leaves a ton of unresolved plot threads, refuses to answer or even acknowledge the few prudent questions one might have about the story, and the secret ending is so underwhelming it's practically an insult.
It's just bad writing, through and through. Bad storytelling, bad pacing, bad characterization, bad foreshadowing, bad resolution. And a ton of unanswered questions that it seems like the developer just forgot about.

And this should go without saying by now, but "Zoe Quinn's Top 10 Games" should be a huge warning flag.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:57 am

Rapty wrote:
The game fancies itself a horror game, but it's not scary. That's the main draw.

It says in the store it's supposed to be "suspense puzzle."

Given that it doesn't even try to make more than two bosses in any way especially intimidating, I don't see how people are getting the horror bit out of it.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:02 am
Site Moderator

Rapty wrote:
And this should go without saying by now, but "Zoe Quinn's Top 10 Games" should be a huge warning flag.
this was the big thing i pulled from the store page too

Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:20 am

Zoe Quinn liked it because she likes it. Other people who would be as opposite to Quinn as possible still like it.

It really doesn't matter that much really.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:38 am
Site Moderator

lemme put it this way

most people who like zoey quinn only do so because they have something to prove

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:41 pm

I really don't care that she exists other than she felt like becoming a cyborg.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next