The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:34 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

Goku2500 wrote:
I want to see a Rhythm Heaven rep get into SSF2. The problem is, would they have a good moveset to go along?

If one gets in, I am picking the Chorus Men.

i want to see they as a Rhythm Heaven rep
http://pavlovs-walrus.deviantart.com/ar ... -536965341

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:27 pm

yamnow wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
I want to see a Rhythm Heaven rep get into SSF2. The problem is, would they have a good moveset to go along?

Oh man! I was just about to post that! I'd love to see Rhythm Girl in Smash! Specifically, the version you posted!

Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
dragonballhero wrote:
yamnow wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

Oh man! I was just about to post that! I'd love to see Rhythm Girl in Smash! Specifically, the version you posted!

Dude, if Rhythm Girl gets in, she will be one of my mains! Make it happen Devs!

Sorry about the previous post, I edited it because my laptop was acting crazy.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Eggman, Espio, Waluigi, Yato (idk he would be kinda fun), Amy Rose (WE NEED FEMALES), Mephiles (why not?), Waddle Dee (DON'T JUDGE ME), Inuyasha and Zero should return. Bowser Jr. maybe Metal Sonic, Fawful, Simon Belmont and TEAM ROCKET,
PAPER MARIO, Cheese (not Cream, Cheese) and Big the Cat

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:33 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Cheese wrote:
Eggman, Espio, Waluigi, Yato (idk he would be kinda fun), Amy Rose (WE NEED FEMALES), Mephiles (why not?), Waddle Dee (DON'T JUDGE ME), Inuyasha and Zero should return. Bowser Jr. maybe Metal Sonic, Fawful, Simon Belmont and TEAM ROCKET,
PAPER MARIO, Cheese (not Cream, Cheese) and Big the Cat

• That's 7 new Sonic characters. That would be an even bigger saturation than the original Super Smash Flash. Furthermore, Mephiles is from the most hated game in the franchise, and Big the Cat is from one of the most hated gameplay segments in the franchise. Also, why would Cheese, a satellite character to Cream, appear without Cream (who's already a background character in Green Hill Zone, I might add)?
  • No more anime characters are being added, meaning no Yato, Inuyasha, and Team Rocket. (I know you mean Jesse, James, and Meowth rather than the in-game organization.)
  • Paper Mario is questionable. I know he has advocates, but I don't think we need another version of Mario.
  • Waluigi, Waddle Dee, Zero, Bowser Jr., and Simon Belmont are all reasonable. I don't personally agree with all of them, but they're possible.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:17 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Cheese wrote:
Eggman Yes please, mm-mmh. :chibirobo:
Espio Sounds like a neat idea, but...
Waluigi Same reaction as Eggman, yes please.
Yato (idk he would be kinda fun) Who?
Amy Rose (WE NEED FEMALES) If your only excuse for Amy is "We need females" you're gonna have to try a lot harder. Amy is cool, though. :chibirobo:
Mephiles (why not?) No thanks. Keep that as far away from me as possible.
Waddle Dee (DON'T JUDGE ME) I ain't judgin', Waddle Dee's a man of many talents and would work great in the Smash Universe
Inuyasha Nah...I'm not really feeling it. :chibirobo:
Zero Good idea, there. No complaints, Zero's neat.
Bowser Jr. Same reaction as Zero, he's pretty neat.
Metal Sonic Eehhh... :chibirobo:
Fawful As cool as he'd be, I feel as if he isn't really needed, all things considered.
Simon Belmont I've never really played Castlevania so I have no opinions, but by all means.
TEAM ROCKET Or better yet, take a page from a certain Smash fan game on Deviant Art and have Meowth on his own with Team Rocket assisting in his Final Smash. He's the best at bein' the best. I love Meowth in Super Nuke Bros., so he'd be great here. I'd support 'im. :tails:
PAPER MARIO I could see him making it in. Probably as an Expansion Character, but there's hope.
Cheese (not Cream, Cheese) You can't have one without the other, here...Cheese needs Cream to be a character. It's like Cheebo and Telly but on a much larger scale.
Big the Cat Yea-oka-No. :chibirobo:

Notes in Bold.
Additional Notes:
That's 7 Sonic Characters, and you don't even mention people like Knuckles or Shadow who have been vets in SSF1 and Knuckles almost making it into PM. I'm not sure whether to be surprised in the shocking way or disappointing way. It's odd to me. Infact a lot of them are unimportant like Espio, Big, Cheese and especially Mephiles. Why would you ever want Mephiles, unless you're referring to that which shall not be named. :chibirobo:
You put Team Rocket all together and leave out Cream when wanting Cheese in. Why is that? Cream & Cheese worked together in Battle, so... :chibirobo:
Who is Yato? :chibirobo:
You could give ideas for how the characters would work, like Paper Mario having a Flower Points Gimmick or Fawful being a character all about messing with their enemy's heads with Traps and Fakeouts, or something. That'd help more than you think. :chibirobo:
You really like Sonic, I noticed. :chibirobo:

Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Scorpion [Mortal Kombat], Bill Rizer [Contra], Alex the Kidd [Alex the Kidd], Arthur [Ghost N Goblins], and Ed Elric [Fullmetal Alchemist].

Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:07 pm

For the rest of SSF2, I am speculating that the roster increases to at least 60 characters.

Veterans:
Ice Climbers
Falco
Olimar
Snake
Mewtwo
Lucario
Lucas
King Dedede
Ganondorf
R.O.B.
Diddy Kong
Cloud Strife
Young Link
Little Mac
Ike

Newcomers:
Monkey D. Luffy
King K. Rool
Knuckles
Shadow
Chrono Trigger
Zero
Simon Belmont
Lip
Andy
Geno
Ray MK III

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm
BR Member

Goku2500 wrote:
For the rest of SSF2, I am speculating that the roster increases to at least 60 characters.

Veterans:
Ice Climbers
Falco
Olimar
Snake
Mewtwo
Lucario
Lucas
King Dedede
Ganondorf
R.O.B.
Diddy Kong
Cloud Strife
Young Link
Little Mac
Ike

Newcomers:
Monkey D. Luffy I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand, there's a reason people keep requesting him. On the other hand, it's practically a meme how people keep requesting him.
King K. Rool
Knuckles
Shadow
Chrono Trigger His name's Crono. Considering he was in the original SSF, you'd think that would be easier to remember. (I am still betting on his inclusion in v1.0, though.)
Zero
Simon Belmont He's a given at this point, honestly.
Lip
Andy I think Sami's more likely as an Advance Wars rep than him, given that she's one of the characters who almost made it into Project M. She was just behind Isaac, with an in-game model but no moves programmed yet, when it was axed.
Geno
Ray MK III

Comments in bold.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:49 pm

Harr Turnpike wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

Veterans:
Ice Climbers
Falco
Olimar
Snake
Mewtwo
Lucario
Lucas
King Dedede
Ganondorf
R.O.B.
Diddy Kong
Cloud Strife
Young Link
Little Mac
Ike

Newcomers:
Monkey D. Luffy I have mixed feelings about him. On one hand, there's a reason people keep requesting him. On the other hand, it's practically a meme how people keep requesting him. Luffy has a pretty high chance, practically because of the infinite amounts of moveset potential he has. If he gets in, then he will be in v1.0 as an unlockable character.
King K. Rool
Knuckles
Shadow
Chrono Trigger His name's Crono. Considering he was in the original SSF, you'd think that would be easier to remember. (I am still betting on his inclusion in v1.0, though.) Thank you for correcting me on that. I hope he gets in v1.0 too.
Zero
Simon Belmont He's a given at this point, honestly. Need I say more lol?
Lip
Andy I think Sami's more likely as an Advance Wars rep than him, given that she's one of the characters who almost made it into Project M. She was just behind Isaac, with an in-game model but no moves programmed yet, when it was axed. In all honesty, I think Sami would be better too because the Devs could utilize her rifles in her moveset. I only said Andy because he has a high chance of getting in. I wouldn't mind if either one got in.
Geno
Ray MK III

Comments in bold.

Comments in dark blue.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:02 pm
BR Member

I don't think Luffy's moveset potential changes anything; you have to keep in mind that the devs are actively trying to squash the "super anime bros." reputation SSF2 has nowadays.

Unlike :goku: :naruto: :ichigo: , they can't use the Grandfather Clause excuse if they added Luffy. I like the anime characters personally—I'm a Goku main, for crying out loud—but they're really more trouble than they're worth.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:40 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
My final newcomers/veterans speculation/wishlist:

Newcomers:
Zero
Crono
Knuckles
Waluigi
Daisy #realmemoryman3
Kratos Aurion
Geno
King K. Rool
Zoroark/Sceptile/Gen 2, 3 or 5 Pokémon
A Tekken, Mortal Kombat or other fighting game character.
Simon Belmont
Sephiroth

Veterans:
Ganondorf
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Mewtwo
Roy
Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
R.O.B.
Diddy Kong
Ike
Cloud
Bowser Jr.
Ryu
Robin/Shulk/Both

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:53 pm

DSwift wrote:
My final newcomers/veterans speculation/wishlist:

Newcomers:
Zero yes
Crono yes, veteran of ssf1
Knuckles yeah
Waluigi better than daisy 8-)
Daisy #realmemoryman3
Kratos Aurion i dont care
Geno 50/50
King K. Rool plizz add him
Zoroark/Sceptile/Gen 2, 3 or 5 Pokémon i dont want zoroark or septile because people only want they because they are susesors of lucario/ivysaur but other pokemon will be good
A Tekken, Mortal Kombat or other fighting game character.scorpion or the tree or the bear from tekken
Simon Belmont stage argument
Sephiroth first cloud but balanced

Veterans:
Ganondorf new moveset
Falco with twisting bird and an arwing
Wolf first the bird or crystal
Ice Climbers yeah
Lucas 50/50
Mewtwo yes
Roy I did not see coming this speculation from you (yess)
Dedede yess(beta surprise)
Olimar stage argument
Lucario i dont mind
R.O.B. yessss
Diddy Kong hoo haa
Ike 50/50
Cloud if he will be more balanced
Bowser Jr. yesssss
Ryu yesss
Robin/Shulk/Both both

i want cloud can only gets the limit charged if he charge it.....no if he get 100% damage,if he makes tamage, its unfair
pd:coments in this color

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
yamnow wrote:
DSwift wrote:
Zoroark/Sceptile/Gen 2, 3 or 5 Pokémon i dont want zoroark or septile because people only want they because they are susesors of lucario/ivysaur but other pokemon will be good

This triggers me.
Just because Zoroark and Lucario are both mammals doesn't mean they'd have the same moveset. Zoroark doesn't even learn Aura Sphere.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:31 pm
BR Member

Why do people even want Zoroark, though?
And don't say "representation" like I usually hear. That by itself is a horrible reason to want a character. The character has to have its own merits as a character.

As for the rest of Yamnow's comments...
You already know my opinion on changing Ganondorf. I won't argue it any further because that'll just get me riled up again for no reason.
Scorpion, Mokujin (tree), and Kuma (bear) aren't main characters. If anyone from Mortal Kombat or Tekken is getting in, it'll be Liu Kang, Jin, and/or Heihachi. And frankly, I can't see any of those three being very unique, especially if Ryu makes it in.
Furthermore, Mokujin's entire gimmick would require an ungodly amount of spriting.

And Cloud not being balanced... I think you play For Glory a little too much.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:55 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 189  Next