The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm

[ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
MG Mafia XVIII: Turnabout Mafia [Trial Over - Aftermath] 

Who would you like to host the next game?
TOWK - Dota 2 Mafia 69%  69%  [ 11 ]
Axel - Kingdom Hearts Mafia 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Terra - Hidden Rules, Crazy Roles, Always On 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 16

MG Mafia XVIII: Turnabout Mafia [Trial Over - Aftermath] 

I'm basing my vote on facts. I'm not mafia, you're claiming I am. That's all the proof I need for my vote.

If you're going to keep this up, tell me how the hell I'm supposed to prove I'm town. If you're not going to do that, stop f*** telling me to do it.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Actually, you prove you're not mafia. All we have is you saying TOWK was town (something we don't) know, you using a power that tells everyone who visted you and nobody actually visiting you and you saying I'm mafia (something I know is false).

Prove to me you're town, buddy.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Well then.

I am Apollo Justice, one of the protagonists in Ace Attorney.
My powers are Perceive and Chords of Steel. Perceive is my lie-detecting ability in which I choose someone at night and during the next trial phase I am alerted to their FIRST lie, which is based on the following criteria:
- it is false
- the person knows it is false
- it is relevant

Chords of Steel is my ability where I stay up all night and announce to all players via a public message who visited me that night. That ability is triggered by anything from the mafia killing to a potential role block to a doctor protecting.

My night actions throughout the game were:
1 - Perceive TOWK
2 - Chords of Steel
3 - Perceive you

I received a lie from TOWK about him having a passive ability. I got no one visiting me on the second night. Finally, I received a lie from you about you being town.

Anything else I need to reveal?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:48 pm

How that's proof.

That doesn't prove anything. How do I know you're not lying? I don't.

Do you get my point yet?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Fine. I get it.

Well, now the mafia knows everything about me and what I do, so you have that now. Deph, I'm still waiting on you.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Currently Playing: baseball.
Kyuubit Level Two wrote:
Actually, you prove you're not mafia. All we have is you saying TOWK was town (something we don't) know, you using a power that tells everyone who visted you and nobody actually visiting you and you saying I'm mafia (something I know is false).

Prove to me you're town, buddy.

I used my ability on TOWK and i got that he was innocent.Of course if genis is mafia he would know that.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Ok. Well, Champ. Since you asked for mine, what are your reads?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:49 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Oh wait this is dumb of me to be wasting everyone's time. Because I know nothing of the Turnabout series, this is going to be an extremely bland game-ending post.The mafia literally cannot be lynched this day, so...

THIS TRIAL IS AT ITS END: THE MAFIA TEAM OF DEPHIUS (MANFRED VON KARMA) AND KYUUBIT (GODOT) ARE THE WINNERS

Everything about the game: show
Turnabout Mafia

General:
-No reveal setup
-Day and Night renamed as Trial and Investigation Phases respectively.

Numbers: 7 vs 2 vs 1

Roles

Town

Phoenix Wright
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney!
Once a rookie attorney, now a legend, you hold an impressive ability to stand out even during the hardest moments.
The time has come to set the score straight. Good luck finding the true criminals!

Active abilities:
You usually have to rely on your allies, and this time it is no exception.

You only have your vote and your voice. Use them wisely.

Passive Abilities:
However, you have the capability to be at your best during the worst moments.

Cornered - At any point during a Trial Phase, as long as you are at L-2 or worse, you will be able to cast a double vote.

Miles Edgeworth
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Miles Edgeworth, Ace Attorney!
Feared by many, your quest for the truth and your cold logic are unparalleled. And now, you need that calm to find those who want to break the law for once.

Active Abilities:
Your voice on the court is to be listened, and your words to be read.

Objection! - Once per game, during any Twilight Phase, you may publically post the next image:

If you do so, the Twilight Phase will finish with a No-Lynch, no matter of the vote income.ie, you may cancel a lynch.

Again, you can use this ability only once.
Logic and Trick - During any Investigation Phase, you are allowed to send me the name of a player and a message.
I will give said message to said player. I won't reveal who sent it, but you are free to reveal yourself if needed.

Passive Abilities:
However, your dark times as a Demon Prosecutor still back fire.
Rumours out there - You appear as guilty upon investigation.

Pearl Fey
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Pearl Fey. A little girl maybe, but a prodigy spirit medium!
You want to help out your Mystic Maya, you wouldn't let her alone. And you will make it no matter what!

Active Abilities:
While you can handle spirit channeling, you prefer to protect and bless. If people didn't die spirits wouldn't be needed!
Kurain Blessing - Once per Investigation Phase, you may pick a player. You will bless that player, and that player won't be affected by killing abilities during said Trial Phase.

Restriction:
Innocence and Power do not blend well.

If you use your ability on a Mafia player, your soul will shatter, and you will die.

Detective Gumshoe
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Dick Gumshoe, but you would rather go as Detective Gumshoe.
You have been a bit of a nuisance, but you try hard and never give up. It's time to use your contacts for a bit
of help!

Active Abilities:
As a detective, you get access to tons of valuable information.

Autopsy report - Once Per Investigation Phase, you may pick a deceased player. At the beginning of the next Trial Phase, you will receive an autopsy report on said player, stating his alignment among other information.

Restriction:
Getting the lab team to work is costly, and your salary is already low enough. You may use this ability at most two times.

Franziska von Karma
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Franziska von Karma, Ace Attorney.
Hard and tough, your skill and your whip are the fear of many. It's time to go unleash your power and look for those criminals!

Active Abilities:
Hold it! - Once per Investigation Phase, you can pick a player. You will whip that player good, preventing him from performing any actions during that phase.

Apollo Justice
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Apollo Justice, Ace Attorney!
A rookie attorney once, but a skilled lawyer after all. You hold the unique ability to perceive those signals nobody
would see, and you will use it to tear those liars apart!

Active Abilities:
Perceive - Once per Investigation Phase, you may send me the name of a player. During the next Trial Phase, you will focus on said player, and you will be alerted of the very first lie stated by said player.
Chords of Steel - Once Per Investigation Phase, you may choose to use this ability. You will stay awake training your voice, and loudly salute anyone who visits you. A message will be publically posted by me per every player who visits you during that phase.

Restriction:
You can't focus if you couldn't sleep. You can't use your two abilities during the same night.

Maya Fey
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Maya Fey, Ace Spirit Medium!
Skilled at bringing the dead back, you wish to help. But many years have passed since the last time, and life has taken its toll. You don't know if those who you loved are good anymore...

Active Abilities
Kurain Channeling Technique - At any Investigation Phase, you may pick a deceased player.
After a while, you will channel that player!

If said player is Town aligned, you will keep your identity as Maya Fey and also get the player's identity. You will also gain any information that player had, as well as his/her abilities.
If said player was not Town aligned, you will lose your identity as Maya Fey, but get the player's identity instead. You will gain the player's abilities as well as his/her win conditions, losing your town alignment.

Victory Condition:
You are part of the Town. You will win if every Mafia player has died or if nothing can prevent that from happening.

Mafia

Manfred von Karma
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Manfred von Karma, Ace Prosecutor.
A life of perfect records destroyed, and now you can't stay the same. You have to destroy them. Destroy them all.

Active Abilities:
40 years of perfect cases are not built on dumb luck.

Courtroom Antics: During any Investigation Phase, you may use any of these abilities. You can use each of this abilities at most once. You can use all your abilities at most three times.

-Preparing the witness:
Once per Investigation Phase, you may pick a player. During the next Trial Phase, that player will be impervious to lie detection.
-Destroying the corpse
Once per Investigation Phase, you may pick a deceased player. You will burn the player's corpse, preventing any investigation on him to work at all.
-Opening Statement (Journalist)
Once per Investigation Phase, you can send me a message. I will post that message at the start of the next Trial Phase.
-Object the talkativeness (Post restriction)
Once per Investigation Phase, you can pick a player and create a post restriction. During the first 72 hours of the next trial phase, the player will
be forced to follow that restriction.
-Intimidate the witness (Vote Restriction)
Once Per Investigation Phase, you can pick a player. After threatening to said player, that player won't be able to vote during the next Trial Phase.

Safe claim: You know Ema Skye is not in this game.

Godot
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia! You are Godot, Ace Prosecutor.
You lived the dream of your life until a shadowy force put you to sleep. Now you are back, and even when you want to forgive, your soul is as dark as the liquid on your cup.

Active Abilities:
Surrounded in mystery, you may pull some strings to get the work done.

Secret Influence - Once per game, during any Trial Phase, you may pick a player at L-1. That player will be hammered instantly.

Passive Abilities:
Caffeine insomiac - Those cups of coffee pay their price. You are allowed to post during Trial Phases.

Safe Claim: You know Mia Fey is (dead and) not present in this game.

Third Party:

The Judge
Welcome to Turnabout Mafia, your Honor! You are the Judge, omnipresent force of justice.
Your age prevents you from taking action, but it is always fun to look and see if your wisdom is still there.

Active Abilities
But you are still a judge, and a competent one at that.

ORDER IN THE COURT! - Once in game, during a Trial Phase, you can send post the name of this ability on bold.
The vote count at that point will be fully reset and no votes will be counted during the next 48 hours of said Trial Phase.

The veredict - Once per investigation Phase, you can send me a message stating the name of a player. You will get one point if that player is lynched the next Trial Phase.

Win condition: You win this game if you get two or more points. At that point, you will be removed of the game.

1.- Genis (Apollo) +
2.- ~Awesome~ (Franziska) x
3.- TheOneWhoKnocks (Maya) +
4.- Kyuubit (Godot) -
5.- RG4L | Champ (Gumshoe) +
6.- Lucina (Judge) x
7.- usuk (Phoenix) -
8.- Thomas Terminator (Pearl) x
9.- Dephius (von Karma)
10.- King Arthur (Edgeworth) +

~Awesome~ roleblocks TOWK. Nothing happens since TOWK can't use abilities tonight anyway. +
Lucina guesses Champ will be lynched. +
King Arthur sends the next message to usuk: "Edgeworth's past is catching up to him. Despite the work he's trying to do now, an investigation will declare him a criminal."
Thomas protects Dephius and dies.
TOWK and Champ can't use their abilities since there are no dead players yet.
usuk has no active abilities.
Dephius kills Lucina. He doesn't use any of his given abilities.
Geno focuses on TOWK.

Result:
usuk receives the message.
T_T and Lucina die.

Night 2:

Champ tries to investigate Axel.
TOWK channels Axel.
KA sends Kyuubit the next message: "Second of my tips to the other jury members. Wonderful.

Anyways, this is the last of the information I have on Edgeworth, and most likely the last of the tips I'll be able to send for a while. If someone Edgeworth believes is town is lynched, he will be able to cancel the lynch. This ability can also be used if he's lynched himself. It seems that it is also his only ability, oddly enough."
Genis uses Chords of Steel. Nobody visited him tonight. He gets a message stating it?
Dephius prepares himself, rendering himself invulnerable to lie detection for Trial 3.
Kyuubit kills TOWK.

Results:
TOWK dies.+
Champ gets "not guilty" on Axel.+
Kyuubit receives the message.+
Genis gets to know nobody visited him.+
Dephius gets an (useless) invulnerability to lie detection for Trial 3+

Night 3:

King Arthur does nothing
Genis lie detects Kyuubit
Champ tries to investigate TOWK
Kyuubit kills King Arthur
Dephius takes away Usuk’s ability to vote

Results:
King Arthur dies
Genis will know when Kyuubit first lies
Champ gets “not guilty” on TOWK
Usuk will not be able to vote on Trial 4

Edit:
Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/h9Kv8QWwsNZu9
Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/XpRcwNFpsLE

AMA

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:02 am

f***.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:15 am

B)

Twice now I've won as mafia simply by not drawing too much attention to myself

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:57 am

*facepalm* I knew it. Well played, Kyuubit.

Wait wait what no they can. usuk and Champ were still alive right.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:31 am

Currently Playing: animal f*** crossing,
...well, apparently I couldn't vote this day because I was intimidated, and anyway no WiFi. Since Dephius and Kyuubit were both mafia, even though Champ was still alive, there was still no way for the town to win because I couldn't vote.

I'm honestly surprised Awesome's claim as Franziska was true though, what even

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:13 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
Called that one.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 am

Genis wrote:
*facepalm* I knew it. Well played, Kyuubit.

Wait wait what no they can. usuk and Champ were still alive right.

Usuk was voteless and me and Deph were obviously never going to vote for each other

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:42 am

Currently Playing: baseball.
I thought Axel was somebody else but can't believe he actually was franziska :o. anyways GG mafia.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 pm
 [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next