The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:18 am

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Yoshiblaze wrote:
I've got quite the oddball:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's Grovyle
Universe: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon/Pokemon (Anime could also work)
Game: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (GBA) or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Time, and Darkness (DS)

Standard-
Jab 1: False Swipe (introduced in Pokemon Gold/Silver)
Jab 2: A Second False Swipe
Jab Finisher: X-Scissor (introduced in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl)
Side Tilt: Fury Cutter; Good combo starter (Pokemon Gold/Silver)
Side Smash: Chargeable version of Leaf Blade (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire)
Up Tilt: Swing his head, with the long leaf on his head doing damage. Can combo in to itself
Up Smash: Upward Slash (Pokemon Red/Blue/Green (JP); Grovyle cannot learn Slash in the Pokemon games)
Down Tilt: Low Sweep. Can meteor (Pokemon Black/White)
Down Smash: Two slashes at the ground. Similar to :yoshi: 's Down Smash

Aerials-
NAir: Spins with the leaves on his arms extended
FAir: Arching Leaf Blade. Similar to :sheik: 's FAir, except it has more range, but weaker
BAir: Leaf Blade. Ike's BAir from the main games
DAir: Mega Kick. Can meteor (Pokemon Red/Green (JP)/Blue)

Grabs and Throws-
Type: No tether, 1 hand
Pummel: Pound (PKMN Red/Blue)
Forward: Tosses the opponent with one hand; Kill throw (Strength from PKMN Red/Blue)
Down: Slam (PKMN Red/Blue)
Up: Tosses opponent up, and hits them with the leaf on his head. Combo Starter
Back: Spins and Slams opponent to the ground. Similar to Pit's Back Throw in the mains games

Specials-
Neutral: Bullet Seed (PKMN Ruby/Sapphire) - Five quick seeds shot at the target. No flinch
Side: Quick Attack (PKMN Red/Blue) - Similar to :fox: 's Fox Illusion, but with no freefall effect. Can meteor
Up: Aerial Ace (PKMN Ruby/Sapphire) - A damaging diagonal jump. Free Fall effect
Down: (Decoy) Time Gear (PKMN Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time) - A reflector, similar to Pit's Mirror Shield from SSBB.
Final Smash:
Primal Dialga (PKMN Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time) - Summons Primal Dialga, which pitfalls nearby opponents and does massive damage with Roar of Time

Quote:
Some revisions:
Dash Attack: A running Slash (again; PKMN Red/Blue)

Grab REDUX! :
Type: No tether, ONE Hand
Pummel: Pound (PKMN Red/Blue)

Added stuff:
Idle: Checks claws, similar to Weavile's in Pokemon X & Y/Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Taunts:
Up & Down- Tosses a (fake) Time Gear up and catches it while posing
Side- Turns into a substitute doll for half a second, then turns back
Neutral- All lights dim around Grovyle and lighting flashes, reminiscent of his first appearance in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Sky, Darkness

Victory Theme: An excerpt from "Dialga's Fight to the Finish!" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxS8YDjTpeg ) Remixed
Victory Pose: Crosses his arms then suddenly moves them apart, revealing a (fake) Time Gear, and posing while smirking
Defeat: Lucario's clap from the main games

The following will use values from Super Smash Flash 2 for reference:
Weight: (using SSF2, which puts Mario at 100) 89, slightly lighter than :sora:
Dash/Run Speed: (Which puts Mario at 10) 11.3, slightly slower than :goku:
Fall Speed:
Normal- (Mario: 13) 11.8, slight faster than :sora:
Fast- (Mario: 16) 15, tied with :kirby: :metaknight: :yoshi: :naruto:
Jump, No Mario stats for this one:
Normal- Above Average
Short- (in terms of lowness to the ground) Above Average
Running Start- Great

Jab Resetting moves: Jab 1, Jab 2, Low Sweep (DTilt; >20%), Fury Cutter (STilt), NAir (Falling, hard to land)

Color Swaps: [ Image ]

Revised again

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Click to expand thumbnail

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Last edited by Yoshiblaze on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:46 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
I have made a thing of beauty on an online music tracker(pulseboy). I have made the vicory theme for gallade!

Download the .wav here: https://www.mediafire.com/#qfse0sqf7cue2

:bump:

Please do not spam smilies.
~Kiki

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
maybe you should use some other program.
like synthesia or mario paint composer.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:25 pm

maybe, but i didn't want to install anything.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:28 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
mage wrote:
Godot wrote:
Been a long time since I suggested any characters, so I guess I'll come back in. Like what TCS said, I'd like to review more character lists its just that I don't usually recognize the characters. Just going through the list in the OP, I don't even recognize half of the names. Maybe what we should start doing is, for those who want to submit more than one or two characters (to give ppl just passing through some freebies) you should take the time to review a moveset every time you want to submit. Give back what you take, ya know?

Not a bad idea, though like you said, you barely knew half of the summited works{I'm pretty sure only like 1 of mine are even remotely known here} Though i'm sure this would make production and activity more encouraging here.

Godot wrote:
So, since none of y'all are man enough to give feedback on a female Disney Ice Queen (/s), I'll help out Shine here and avoid the potential hypocrisy that my opening statement lends itself to.

I think it's good that more female and/or disney characters are being suggested, i just HATE frozen, i don't think ppl with a - biased towards a certain series/character should review it since mostly likely they will be harsher and more unfair in judging, myself included.

The Review

Size: - Fair size, he is 6'2 after all.
Weight - I'd imagine having that armor would weigh something.
Fall Speed. - This is a nice fall speed to go with.

Jab - A ganondorf jab, strong but not good for combos, interesting.

f-tilt - Like the above he seems to have some anti-air potential though he might need to relay on other moves for most ground to ground combat.

D-Tilt - Good juggler started, and would visually look cool.

Up Smash - Very interesting, seems like a good punisher for those trying to attack from behind as well.

Aerials - Overall reminds me of a mix between mewtwo and lucas with some ganon mix in the b and d air.

N-Spec - Interesting and usefull move, personally i would of gone with a projectile shield, maybe thats too basic.

S-Spec - I like it more then i should really, but for doom i think he has enough types of projectiles to do something else, if out of ideas read about him in marvel or play other games he has been in to get more ideas{That what i did for chocobo moveset, i did some research on the japanese only games and replayed my copy of chocobo tales.}

D-Spec - I'm thinking of that divekick game for some reason, it looks like a good move to use, though imo i would swap places of current S and D spec, though thats just me.

U-Spec - I was thinking maybe make it like brawl pit's up-spec but i'm not sure if that type of aerial movement is frown upon here.

Final Smash - I would of gone with the infinity gauntlets but this can also work.

I wanted to give Doom a projectile shield, but based on moveset conventions it would have to go in d-spec or n-spec. The other contender for n-spec was the Finger Lasers, which I eventually decided to take because I wanted the potential to re-enact his most famous combo from the MvC series. So, if I still wanted to put in the projectile shield I'd have to put it in his d-spec, but that the only place I felt like the Foot Dive could go. After all, d-specs usually stay in place or go downward. So the projectile shield fell out of use. However, I just thought of how I can still incorporate a projectile shield. He can have a Yoshi-style shield, the shield is green (with a hexagon motif) and becomes red as it reaches critical levels. Quite a useful tool for someone so big.

As for the s-spec, I really wanted to put something less known about Doom into his moveset, something that is left out of the spotlight but still iconic to his character. So I'm glad that you do enjoy this choice.

I did want to give Doom omnidirectional flight, but then I felt like his recovery would be WAY too good for a heavy character. After all, he can use a more horizontally angled Foot Dive for recovery, his jump, and now he has flight? He does have lots of control in the air, so I tried to capture that in this up-spec. I might think a little bit more on the implication of Foot Dive + 3 boosts for recovery, maybe his Foot Dive should put him into helpless afterwards, or maybe not let the player control the trajectory at all.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:08 pm

RagnorokX wrote:
[ Image ]Gallade [ Image ]

overview: show
Gallade will be a unique character based around 2 things: comboing and mega evolution.He will combo easily, but his attacks deal low damage, but he still comboes extremely easily. All of his specials propel him in the air so he can keep up with his hapless punching bag. As you might of guessed, he has practically no kill options, with his strongest kill option killing at around 170-190 based on vertical height. However this is were MEGA EVOLUTION comes in. As he pulls of comboes and time passes, a bar, kind of like the KO punch meter, fills up. At any time he has some of that meter, he may mega evolve. He can mega evolve for a short time if the meter isn't full, and for a good 10 seconds if it is full. Mega evolved, his smashes and certain specials gain a major knockback buff, giving him the ability to kill at 100% easily.

Physical Attributes: show
Weight:Using Brawl weight values(which put mario at 98),101.
Walking Speed: Using Brawl walk speed values(which puts mario at 1.1), 0.95.
Running Speed: Still using Brawl, (which puts mario at 1.5), 1.3.
Jumping Force:Yet again using Brawl,(which puts mario at 2.22), 2.
DJ:Using Brawl, 1.7.
Falling speed:Using Brawl,(which puts mario at 1.28),1.2.
Fastfalling Speed:With brawl,(which has mario at 1.792), 1.68.
Height: A bit taller than Mario

Ground Standards: show
Jab(fury cutter)3 quick slashes. Jab canceling into a grab can start a combo. jab1:1% jab2:2% jab3:3%
F-Tilt(leaf blade)A slower slash infront of gallade, has disjointed hitbox. It knocks opponents to far away to followup, so its just a GTFO. Damage:4%
D-Tilt(false swipe)A slash along the ground with virtualy no knockback, can be followed up with a grab or a jab Damage:3%
U-Tilt(psycho cut)A slash upwards that leaves a short ranged projectile that knocks opponents behind you for mixups Damage:3%
F-Smash(feint)A short teleport forwards with knockback that will kill 190-200%. Damage:4-8%
D-Smash(slash)twin slashes on both sides, basicly greninja's d-smash. damage:5-7%
U-Smash(giga impact)A blast of strength above him. Slow both in startup and cooldown. Gallades best kill move, in and out of mega evolution. kills fully charged around 155% out of mega, and 60% in mega.
Dash Attack(Double Team)Shoots forward and trips the opponent. 1%

Aerials: show
N-Air(Close combat)A speedy flurry of swipes around himself, moving opponents back in range of his fair if they DI towards him. 5 hits one each side, 1% each
F-Air(Cut)A Virtually lagless cut infront of him, his main combo tool. 4%
D-Air(Shadow sneak) Disappears for a moment then strikes below him, weaker spike than wolf's from brawl. 6%
B-Air(Dual Chop)twin slashes behind him, has followups if you fastfall. 2% each
U-Air(focus blast)a blast upwards, spikes slightly stronger than D-Air. 6%

Specials: show
N-Special:Psycho Cut. A long ranged projectile similair to Ichigos but only hits once and is a great combo starter, popping opponents into the air and towards you. When used in the air, it goes diagonally downwards and forwards, and pops foes hit towards you. Damage:3%

S-Special:X-Scissor. A quick slash in front of you that can switch you being comboed to them being comboed. However, if it misses, you are treated to endlag and a heavy punish. It can only be used once in the air and is Gallades best horizontal recovery move. Damage:5%

U-Special:Night Slash. Gallade swirls his "swords" around himself for a second, trapping opponents and finishing them with a good combo finisher. Gallades best vertical recovery, can be jump canceled when used on the ground for easy combos. 11 initial hits, each doing .5% and the finisher 6%.

D-Special:Mega Evolve. Gallade gains meter over time and for comboes which contributes to this move. 1-4 seconds not fully charged, 10 seconds if it is. This transfermation is noncancellable.
X-Scissor gains kill power at high percents(135%), night slash 100-120% depending on vertical height, and all of his smashes gain much higher kill power. Along with this, every move he deals deals 1% more damage.

miscellaneous: show
Victory theme:The beginning of the Elite 4 battle them from DPP.Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPQhMJ1NLXg(8 bit clip:https://www.mediafire.com/#qfse0sqf7cue2)
Victory pose: Fires of two psycho cuts at the screen, sheathes his "swords", and smirks
Losing reaction: Stares at the ground, rapidly sheathing and unsheathing his blades
Taunt 1:Uses the move taunt
Taunt 2:Goes into an ultra ball and comes out
Taunt 3:Puts up a barrier(protect) then dissipates it
Entance:An ultra ball is thrown on stage and it opens, revealing gallade
Idle:Looks around and sheathes/unsheathes his blades

EDIT1:UPDATE! specials and miscellaneous added!
EDIT2:UPDATE!Ground standards added and miscellaneous finished!
EDIT3:UPDATE!Aeriels finished, dash attack added, and completely done!

COMPLETELY FINISHED!!! Feel free to review fully now!

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:01 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Not sure if i should ask here but should i make a poll for what expansion movesets i should make and link it in my sig, i have plenty of ppl i want to make but don't want to make it just for myself and i don't want to spam, should i make a poll for that?

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:38 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Make them in any order... Then release them all at once and flood the thread with a sevenfold post :twisted:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:42 pm

But...i might in in truuble D:

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Make a poll. It would be easier.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:25 pm

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll392017x9AaC4996-15
Well here it is, go vote if you want to.

kb wrote:

Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:30 pm

you now what character i want

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:20 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
yamnow wrote:

Lanky Kong? Weird choice but I respect your opinion.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:08 pm

I'll most likely start posting 3 days after the poll, also I Won't be making Lanky Kong X_X he's too much of a feature length.
Edit: Actually i'll just make a poll consisting of the 4 most voted characters and use a different poll maker that doesn't allow repeat voting >.<

kb wrote:

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Shiver-Star wrote:
yamnow wrote:

Lanky Kong? Weird choice but I respect your opinion.

No, a new ganon is the correct answer

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:37 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 46  Next