The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:24 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Sheik 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Sheik specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:40 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Feels really smooth. I like the addition of Bouncing Fish to her kit.
Her Up-Smash seems like it got nerfed to the ground. It isn't even close to a kill move at this point. FeelsBadMan

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Tue May 30, 2017 2:04 am

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
I couldn't find a specific Beta tech topic, but I used sheik on the video so I put this in here.

Dash grab vs Jumpcancelled grab

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Tue May 30, 2017 2:32 am

Her kill options have been nerfed. No more killing a light-weight when their 70% using F-air/Up-smash.

Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 am

I don't know if this is where I should be posting it, but eh, whatever.

There is a way to do very easy + fast Shino stalling (repeated ledge grabs with the leaping animation of Sheik's Vanish) that involves holding both left and right while holding to the ledge, then pressing down and then immediately up-special for an easy regrab, then repeat.
It's not as useful as the Melee Shino stall because you don't get full invincibility out of it, but at least it's useful when you want to hug the ledge because it's one of the fastest methods of regrabbing for Sheik.
It's not the only way to do this, but I found it to be the most comfortable to me and it's not intuitive, so I guess I'll share it or something. :P

*Description of inputs
To do this, you first need to "set up", which is as simple as grabbing the ledge while holding towards the stage. You need to do this because if you have already grabbed the ledge, your "forward" input will make you neutral getup, and that's why you wan the input to be done beforehand. Simple methods are just Up-B'ing to the ledge while holding Up and Forward (an usual recovery) or alternative methods that are briefly demonstrated in the video.

After that, hold back while not letting go of forward. I have simply found the trick much easier to execute repeatedly when you do this.

Now, with forward and back held simultaneously, tap down to drop from the ledge then immediately up-b. It should regrab the ledge.

*Video demonstration with visual inputs
This is a demonstration video on horrible quality with my horrible voice too low to be understood over the in-game audio. At least the inputs are clearly visible and it's not too bad as to be incomprehensible.

YouTube Video:

Tue May 30, 2017 5:54 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
keep in mind though ssf2 ledges remove your invincibility the frame you let go so that might not be useful except for mindgames

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:13 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
Rip FAir kills. F-Air is such a joke right now. I have to either wait for the right time to use Dsmash or do something that follouws up into an upair in order to kill.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:44 pm

How is Fair a joke? The hit box got bigger and lasts longer and up until mid-high percents, it reliably hits into itself or Bouncing Fish, depending on DI/gravity/etc.

I would say yes, Sheik took a hit in kill power, but virtually every one of her moves combos into grab confirms and follow-ups, making it even easier for her to obliterate combo weights/spacies and people who struggle off stage.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:28 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Right now I'm liking :sheik: (pause), any tips for grab combos I should try out?

Edit: Also, is there any use for her dair? I can't seem to spike with it. Or is the spike hit box just as small as :luigi: 's dair?

Practicing: :yoshi:

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 pm

darkrinorex wrote:
Right now I'm liking :sheik: (pause), any tips for grab combos I should try out?

Edit: Also, is there any use for her dair? I can't seem to spike with it. Or is the spike hit box just as small as :luigi: 's dair?

Not sure it spikes, but it's useful as a mixup for tech chases and baiting options, especially to close a stock. Occasionally it can extend/start combos but you're better of with Nair/Bair/Fair.

As far as grabs, Up throw and Down throw have always been staples, depending on weight, percent, stage, etc. I prefer Nair --> grab/up throw --> Uair or Fair chain as a bread and butter, but Sheik has virtually every option available to her, especially at early percents.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:08 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Sheik dair has no spike hitbox; it's a launcher. You can use it in combos to extend them, as it links into other aerials quite nicely at lower percents. It's also a decent tech chase option, because it often sets up for a side-B, up-B, or fair to start trying to finish a stock.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Yeah, I'm finding some really good combos with :sheik: , and man her fair is so good for edge guarding and so is her down smash.

But as a :metaknight: main (and :luigi: too), i'm mainly just going to use her against characters like :bowser: , :donkeykong: , :falco: and :fox: (I don't like using :metaknight: against them for obvious reasons, I'm still practicing with him against them though, except for :donkeykong: ).

I may feel like using :sheik: against other characters later on, but for now, i'm only really use her against the 4 characters I just mentioned.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Only other thing I wanna say is, can you guys plz give :sheik: a crawl?

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Anyone finding good true combos for bouncing fish? Especially offstage? I find that Fair x2 --> at low/mid percents is DI dependent but can close a stock early against certain characters. From what gameplay I've seen, I haven't seen it utilized much for being rather quick, safe, and good for recovery/edge guard.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Brawl Minus, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Sm4sh
Waifu: the succ
holy s*** sheik's survivability is nuts. i've been playing her a good amount and i can tell you that the days of an easily gimpable ninja are GONE. sheik constantly lives to absurd percents with good DI, and her devastating combo game is enough to turn things around even at high percents. she's got such a good isai game (don't get hit) too.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:35 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next