The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
Protukuga 

Date: November 21, 2027
Log #236
Today it is complete. The matter diffusion device, capable of unraveling the very fabric of the
universe, has been completed by scientists under direct control of the Proletariat of New Bavaria. A
momentous day indeed, but the thoughts of the ferocious power of this machine frightens my very core.
While I was brought in as a volunteer scientist for the project, as I wasn't from New Bavaria, nor it's
mother-state of Prussia, I grew fearful of it's projected ability day by day. I am proud, but I worry
if this device is in the hands of a trustworthy source. Might my worries come tr

End of document
----------------------
Stale air floated through the dreary night sky. However, as late as it was, the bright neon signs lit
up the streets intensely. The hustle never ceases when day becomes night, and the streets were crowded
to the sidewalks with passersby, each body strangling another as they traverse together like clockwork.
The speed never increases nor decreases, a constant flow. Those on the outer edges peel away as the
roads diverge, setting out on a newer path filled with the clockwork motions of the people.

Marco took a drag on his cigarette, the smoke leaking from his nostrils as he exhaled.
------
The year was 2039.

Twelve years since the Cucerire project's disappearance, where a terrorist group
called Kuga dismembered the communication lines to the main quarters. When axillary forces arrived,
the base was empty, and there were no signs of conflict within the complex at all. Kuga became a larger
threat to operations of the world over, but the matter diffusion device became an important gambling
chip in their disposal, and the looming terror of the unraveling of the matter of the universe itself
shook the weary inhabitants of the Earth.

Four years later, in 2031, the World Embassy joined together to form a force that would act as the
Anti-Kuga, or the Protukuga as they were affectionately called by the council.

Marco, born in the Wild Americas (The western area, consisting of what used to be California all the way
to Wyoming. A mass exodus followed a deconstruction of the land, and much of the people settled back
in the middle and eastern lands of America. Few stayed and the land reverted to a state similar to that
of the Wild West of the 19th century.), was selected to lead the Protukuga after years of stellar
service with the Special Operations service known as WAC, defending the dangerous Wild Americas area.
Given a crack unit consisting of veterans from all over the world, he lead the group to notoriety on
the world stage. However, because the Protukuga doesn't "exist," and the work they perform is strictly
classified, civilians were never made aware of the group, and it exists in secrecy alone.
------
The crowds began to dissipate, stumbling towards their living spaces. Marco despised the thick
metropolis, and New York was no exception. He loved the wild range of Wild Americas, but his job did
not imply that he could stay wherever he wished. After all, Kuga preferred to work in spaces where they
could blend in with the natural environment and slowly unleash havoc upon large cities, sector by
sector. In a metropolis, a member could blend in as an everyman, and act as a leech upon the society
until the time came is exterminate.

The cigarette fell to the ground, and he smothered it with his boot. Fondling his pistol carefully,
perched on the windowsill.
The shadows covered his Protukuga uniform in enough shade to prevent notice of rank. While civilians
did not know of the Protukuga, it was still important to be hidden. The Kuga knew the uniform well, and
if his target spotted him, he would lose the upper hand. The uniform was simple. A Black under suit with
a thick, charcoal-ish blue vest. The shoulder carried the insignia of the Protukuga, a golden swarm. An
additional option for the uniform was a beret the same color as the vest with the insignia on it as
well.

Marco eyed his target carefully. His marksmanship was spot on, and he knew he could easily take out a
moving target with his pistol. It was the only conventional option available, after he was specifically
told not to use an automatic weapon. Additionally, he was also told not to use a sniper rifle, which
was complete s*** in his point of view.

"Marco, s***'s gettin bad down here." A voice sounded through. "Abandonato's down f***!"

Static went through. He didn't react whatsoever. It was a suicide mission, that was what he was told
before he set out. He never briefed his men on it, he did not want the thoughts to run through their
minds during the mission. After all, they were meant to be "fodder," as HQ called it.

Tonight they were f***. He knew it, deep in the mass of his mind, he knew they were going to die.
However, before that happened, he had to kill his target, the ringleader of the entire charade. One
shot, or it would be over. He had no silencer, and the Kuga leader would easily notice him.

Mulling over the trigger, he lined up his shot. He could not afford to miss, otherwise he would have
holes in him, like Abandonato and Radkov. The poor bastards. Most of his unit died earlier in that day,
and those two were the remaining few. Of course now, it was only him. he decided the fate of his life,
and this entire sector. Wasting no time, he emptied the entire clip at the target. The man danced
wildly as the bullets ripped through his upper chest and neck, until he finally dropped to the street,
blood pooling around him.

Marco exhaled heavily and fell back, exhausted. The mission was over, and he had survived. A stray
thought entered his mind as he pulled himself up, discarding the pistol onto the floor, and made his
way from the room. What will the assembly bring to him now? He answered his own question; another
unit...
APPLYING BASE CHANGES...
APPLYING BASE CHANGES...
APPLYING BASE CHANGES...
BOOTING MAINFRAME...
BOOTING MAINFRAME...
BOOTING MAINFRAME...
BOOT COMPLETE...
______
MESSAGE RECEIVED...
OPENING...
OPENING...
OPENING COMPLETE...
Welcome!
You are one of the several armed forces members that has been nominated by the Assembly to work with
Protukuga. You are highly certified and your merits prove you enough to be recognized by this impecable
special operations unit. In order to oblige with this request, please continue by answering the
information below.
WARNING: REMEMBER THAT IF YOU OBLIGE WITH THIS REQUEST AND QUEUE UP WITH THIS ORGANIZATION, THAT YOU
MAY NEVER RETURN TO YOUR NORMAL LIFE AGAIN. YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED DEAD BY ALL CIVILIANS AND ONLY HIGH
LEVEL MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY AND THE ASSEMBELY WILL KNOW OF YOUR CONTINUED EXISTENCE. IF YOU CLOOSE TO
DECLINE THIS OFFER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU RELAY ANY OF THIS INFORMATION WITH ANY CIVILIAN
OR THOSE OF LOWER SECURITY CLEARANCE. TRANSGRESSION OF THIS PACT WILL LEAD TO UNCEREMONIOUS DEATH
AND/OR EXECUTION.
_________
::::MESSAGE REPLY::::
You are applying? Alright, first let me have your basic information...
-----
Name:
Date of Birth & Age:
Place of Birth:
Current Residence: Only if different from PoB, otherwise omit
Prior Armed Force:
-----

Splendid! Now, please give a short description of yourself for archival purposes.
-----
Current Appearance: Please include clothing size for uniform fabrication
Optional Beret: Y/N
Primary Weapon of Choice: Please list either a Light machine gun, medium machine gun, assault rifle, or
non-automatic rifle
Secondary Weapon: Please list a non-automatic side weapon i.e. a pistol. May be omitted
Historical Background:
Military Achievements: While this information has already been given to us, please relay this to use in
order that we may double check our archives
-----

Thank you for undergoing our application process! Please stay alert for our response in the near future.
Before you send this reply, remember that you may not opt out of the Protukuga once you are accepted.
If you decide to opt out before you are decommissioned, you will be executed for treason.

Remember, the war against Kuga is not complete, and we need every able bodied nominee to rally up
behind the Assembly in a grand purge to save the human race from lunatic ideologues. Do not fear, only
fight.
- The Head Assembly Chairman
LOAD COMPLETE...
Once again, hello!
This program has been sent to you by the Assembly after you applied. What I, as the program, do for you
is control much of your tactically movement. If you pay attention to the screen, it gives suggestions
to your movement. It is very simple actually. I give you the information on where the enemy is compared
to your location, and you can respond by either attempting an attack or evasion. Either is fine with
me, I do not judge you for how you act in battle, only assist you.
There is no need for fancy dice systems or statistics in my mainframe, just a simple run and gun
system. Please take that to heart and use it well on the battlefield. For now that is it, I hope I
might be of good use to you in the future.
SYSTEM SHUTDOWN...
SYSTEM SHUTDOWN...
SYSTEM SHUTDOWN...
SYSTEM SHUTDOWN...
SYSTEM OFFLINE...

Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 am

Currently Playing: The Game
For a black ops unit, they sure love their uniforms.

Sun May 23, 2010 6:33 am

The Assembly has a shared love of fashion.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Капрыз чэрапа wrote:
The Assembly has a shared love of fashion.

They probably do but the last thing you want to do was to alert your enemy. I mean, the uniforms totally scream "shoot me please".

Mon May 24, 2010 2:12 am
 [ 4 posts ]