The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
Captain Falcon 
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
we don't want characters that can use one attack to combo from 0 to a finisher, it should take some work. you'll see that reflected in both mario and cf and any other characters that had that before.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:15 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Was Falcon's dash dance shortened? I can't do it with the same timing that I had in 0.9a, and Falcon's traction seems really low. Perhaps this is just because he is so fast, but if you run -> shield he slides a lot. I would expect that he would have one of the higher tractions.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Currently Playing: L4D2, SSF2
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I'm honestly not liking the new Falcon. There's alot of restriaints to his character.
I'd say he's worse than his Melee counterpart, but not Brawl bad. He does lack the buffs the other characters have, outside the faster Falcon Punch, Falcon Kick, and improved Raptor Boost.

Least he has some good sides I suppose:

Extremely fast, both in movement and attack speed (for the former, somewhat).
Above average-amazing combo game.
Has lots of power.
Can take quite the beating and still come back to destroy you more.
Possible Low-Mid tier material.

His weaknesses include: His recovery (while improved, it still stinks), being tall, can have a harder time KO'ing (y u no land Knee as easily?), having a very low short hop, and being a fast faller (easily combo'ed and chaingrabbed).

While Falcon was made to be more simliar to his Melee self, that didn't exactly settle well in the SSF2 enviroment. The place where everyone can combo just as well as Falcon.

Overall, Falcon lost what made him fit in so well. His slower combo tools (most notably uair) don't exactly fit with his playstyle, and should be changed back asap imo.

Well, first, his recovery has been nerfed, not buffed, his UpB doesn't go as high as before, and he falls faster. Also Upair has higher ending lag so he can't go offstage as easily as before. Also he falls really fast after you hit the opponent with UpB
Also trying to recover using "reverse" UpB (Not Facing the stage) is just a bad idea now, Falcon will go forward
Also I don't see why having a low short hop is a bad thing it makes his SHFF aerials faster it's actually good for comboing.
And I don't agree with him having a harder time KO'ing, upair is still powerful, backair also, dair...Overall he didn't really lose that much killing potentiel, plus Knees aren't that hard to land, it's just hard to get use to his new speed overall. And Upair to Knee is more difficult now yeah
Now he has this buffed Raptor Boost, Falcon Kick also, and Falcon Punch is faster might be viable now.

After having played simultaneously 0.9a and 0.9b with Falcon in training mode I can say this :

-Dtilt and nair are a bit more powerful than they were before. Like, 15% maybe
-Upair is not exactly "slower" you just have to wait longer than in 0.9a before you can do anything aerial. In 0.9a as soon as the animation was over you could do another aerial, or another jump now you have to wait a bit. Which is why Upair to Knee is more difficult than before. Upair to Bair, which I often used after like an up-throw, also. About the hitbox, the trajectory I'm not too sure if it has changed.

I find it easier than before to do reverse upairs though
The landing lag is the same as before however so you can still chain SHFF Upairs the same way.
The landing lag however has changed for Fair and Bair. It's longer than before. This, I have no idea why :(
About the down throw, it sends the opponent forward, more than before. It still combos into upair but the upair hitting the opponent with the tip of the legs, it's harder to extend the combo after it as it sends the opponent quite far away even without DI so
The good thing about this new down-throw is, it seems to combo very well into knee even at high percentages.

There is also a new hitbox for the dash-attack I think, a crappy one with almost no knockback.

And yeah he has a shorter dash-dance it seems, actually I'm pretty sure that's the case

Tl;dr : Overall Falcon has been nerfed, yeah.
I can understand about the upair, even though imo it wasn't as stupid as Mario's, but I didn't really like that way to combo anyway. Too bad it also nerfed upair to knee and upair to bair
I don't know why his UpB was nerfed though, same thing for knee and bair landing lag.
Overall he's lost many options but he also got new ones. So I'd say he's actually still better than Melee Falcon. And since overall SSF2 characters have been nerfed I can see him being pretty much as the same place as before in the Tier List.

No DI - A SSF2 v0.9a Combo Video :
YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

MGN username : Shady75

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
The uair had 2 (?) frames of lag thrown onto the end. That makes it from easy to really hard. I'd like to see video of someone pulling it off (multiple times if possible). Uair->knee when landing in the ground in between aerials works tho.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 am

MGN Username: StarrTheSquirrel
Currently Playing: Smash Flash 2, Dishonored, Will be playing SSB4 soon
The CF combo that I've used ever since I mained him is

Sidespecial (Ground) => Up special => Fall down to the ground => Falcon kick into falling opponent

Sometimes the last step is hard to pull off, but it can be devastating.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Currently Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team; SSF2; Mega Man II, Project M
StarrTheSquirrel wrote:

Sidespecial (Ground) => Up special => Fall down to the ground => Falcon kick into falling opponent

:|

I've heard that Ganondorf in Brawl can also go from fsmash to uptilt.

It's pretty good.

Kappa

SSF2 Online Hitlist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lU38_PwQ3UcEGLNfA8wdNNj6CSWZNl75Y09n1wL4pGg

Check out my twitter: https://twitter.com/CodeBlueSmash

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:38 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
StarrTheSquirrel wrote:

You really shouldn't try that combo out on humans, they can just DI away from the S-spec and avoid the U-spec completely, which leaves you punishable.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:15 pm

well 0.9b falcon feels l ike brawl falcon. Out priortized >.< and just can't lead the same combos anymore. :(

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:25 am
SSF2 Developer

ss4chris wrote:
well 0.9b falcon feels l ike brawl falcon. Out priortized >.< and just can't lead the same combos anymore. :(

Nah he's more like Melee falcon, where you have to actually work for the combos. His combos are just as devastating, they are just really hard to get. It was easy in 0.9a to mindlessly get uairs into knees and the like (and I had a huge success rate with landing them because I figured out a trick) but now his stuff is harder to land because of his new uair.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:11 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
You just have to get used to him, and work harder imo

ImageImage

Link!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 pm
YIM

Starkiller2 wrote:
ss4chris wrote:

Nah he's more like Melee falcon, where you have to actually work for the combos. His combos are just as devastating, they are just really hard to get. It was easy in 0.9a to mindlessly get uairs into knees and the like (and I had a huge success rate with landing them because I figured out a trick) but now his stuff is harder to land because of his new uair.

hes def brawl falcon not melee falcon. Melee falcon was easier to land stuff compared to what you said about his U air which is horrible in brawl so ya hes def like brawl falcon.

At least Falcon Pawch Is faster to execute it seems.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
ss4chris wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
ss4chris wrote:

hes def brawl falcon not melee falcon. Melee falcon was easier to land stuff compared to what you said about his U air which is horrible in brawl so ya hes def like brawl falcon.

Brawl Falcon is useless.

0.9b Falcon isn't, he just takes more skill and execution.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:48 pm

DrunkenRockman wrote:
ss4chris wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
ss4chris wrote:

Brawl Falcon is useless.

0.9b Falcon isn't, he just takes more skill and execution.

brawl falcon isnt useless he had chain grabs on mk and a select few chars.

he lacked priority and his kill moves from Melee were hit.

o.9b falcon is pretty much in the same boat just a little bit better.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Not even. Falcon can still 0death characters, it's just harder to do.

In Brawl, Falcon had no way of comboing into kill moves reliably; In 0.9b he does.

In Brawl, Falcon wasn't viable; in 0.9b he is.

You really can't compare the two and say "0.9b Falcon is slightly better".

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:22 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
DrunkenRockman wrote:
Brawl Falcon is useless.

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

(Brawl Falcon main here)

Anyway, v0.9b is a slightly lesser version of Melee Falcon. Nair and Uair don't combos as well. Bair and Knee have more landing-lag, than Melee Falcon's L-cancelled versions. Up-throw scales more. Down-throw knocks at an awkward angle that make follow-ups more difficult. Overall, Falcon is just alright compared to his Melee-counterpart; who was still out-shined by several other high-tiers.

Neutral-air and Up-air nerfs are welcomed. They were way faster, maybe twice as fast, as their official Smash versions. It made it too easy to self-combo the moves or combo them into his other aerials. The more landing-lag on Fair and Bair seem much though. Especially now that his grab isn't unbelievable broken.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:23 pm
 [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next