The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Thoughts on HRC? 

MGN Username: puzzler7
Waifu: Aeris
1am probably isn't the best time to write this, but...

How do you go about getting the highest possible score in the home run contest?

This is really two questions:
1. How do I deal the greatest amount of damage in the small time period I have?
2. How hard can I hit the bag while still knocking it away at the most advantageous angle?

(sorry I don't have more concrete numbers here, I'm too tired to record data.)
(also some of this requires the barrier)

To answer #1:
Spacies.
Fox can multishine, capable of outputting over 100%. However, this is susceptible to staling. It may be better to shine-drill, doubleshine-drill, etc.
Fox can shine-dthrow. I ~believe~ that this has a higher damage output with the added bonus of not requiring the barrier. In 0.9b, you could just hold down, and alternate grab and special. In beta, however, you have to input the throw direction every time you grab (holding the button doesn't work), which in addition to making this strategy technically more challenging, it slows down the damage output by quite a bit as sandbag is no longer thrown as soon as possible, and rather when you input the throw.
Falco can pillar. I don't know if it's even possible to shine>shdair at med-high percents, or if I'm just slow. If it is, then that's definitely a viable strategy.
I've seen some melee HRC vids where Ganon does some ridiculous dair>bat drop combos. Obviously we don't have the lord of darkness, but CF may still be able to do something similar. I'm not sure how exactly this works, so I'll let someone else correct me on this.

To answer #2:
I don't know.
It seems that the bat has several different hitboxes, and at least on reverse hitbox. I'm not sure what's strongest.
As to some attacks that may be more powerful than the bat: Rest? Falcon PUNCH? G&W 9? Bowser F-Smash? Sandbag up-b? Luigi f-smash (I know it had the highest knockback growth in melee)? Falcon knee? Zelda knee?

Normally I'd go code-diving and pull out numbers, but I've currently no idea as to the beta DAT system (mostly because I haven't looked), and I plan to be sleeping in the immediate future rather than surfing through the code.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms?

Tue May 30, 2017 3:27 am

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
she's kind of uncharismatic but the email conspiracy was nonsense and she would have been a better leader than drumpf for sure

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:51 am

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
Correct answer:
YouTube Video:

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:23 am
 [ 3 posts ]