The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:05 pm

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Chibi-Robo 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Chibi-Robo specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
A moment of silence for Rusty Robo, you will be missed ;~;

Chibi's new costumes are looking really good though, with my personal "offender" being red for not being quite red enough for my taste, so nothing new here :pikachu: I think Im gonna rep the Black Chibi again tbh

Now onto the more interesting part: I will use this post to put my first impressions and changes I noticed down for future reference if someone wants to laught at me for being incorrect or something like that. Gonna add a small tl;dr at the end, considering that the wall of text below is both huge and a f*** to read :chibirobo:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wall of text: show
* On certain ledges a ledgejump will put Chibi back on the ledge instead of onstage if no other input is made (example: right side of 3DS, left one on FD). That also was in 0.9b but never adressed I think.

* The engine changes regarding jumping backwards out of a dash are a huge hidden buff, spacing aerials is going to be a lot easier now.

* Our run speed might have gone slightly up, but I might be imagining things here. Would be a really nice quality of life buff helping with our meh mobility, but even if it is a thing, its not a major difference I believe (unless you guys changed the size of 3DS).

* The addition of shielddropping might be one of the bigger buffs, but honestly I cant tell yet. Shielddrop Uair and Fair especially look promising.

* Grab can be angled up and down, which sounds lit af and can propably be incorporated into our edgeguarding and anti-approach game. We cannot grab opponents that missed their tech anymore however.

* Jab still deals the same amount of damage (3%/5%), but it feels... better for some reason. Might just be the new effects though. The first hit appears to deal less KB, making the second hit guaranteed even at above mid percentages, and propably makes it a much better Jab Lock/Reset tool as well. Now we dont have to rely on Blaster for that anymore (Ill come back to that later btw) :chibirobo:

* FTilt recieved a pseudo range buff due to the fact that it propels Chibi a small distance forward - a bit less than a side of those hexagonals on Pokemon Colusseum, but its something. It also now is a two-hit attack (down from 4), and thus deals overall less damage (3/3/3/4=13% --> 3/5=8%). Sadly it doesnt destroy shield as I hoped, but Ill take what I have here.

* UTilt now does 10% damage instead of 9%, although 9.5% is propably more accurate from what Im seeing. It definetly has more KB overall, now being a solid KO options against floatier characters at roughly 120%. Thats a really nice change from being essentially an inferior DTilt, especially considering that it could neither combo nor KO at those high damages before. It appears to have less ending lag as well, which would be super nice (or Im just suffering from post patch placebo, idk).

* DTilt still deals the same damage and seems to have roughly the same speed. I do however think that there was a launch angle nerf, as I have a bit more trouble getting a reliable followup at higher percents than I used to (which may very well be caused by some changes to other moves). Dunno about this one yet.

* Dash Attack recieved a damage nerf on the sweetspot (8% --> 7%) and a damage buff on the sourspot (5% --> 6%). Sour Dash Attack can still Jab Reset, so that is nice. Other than that I havent noticed anything different about the move yet.

* Forward Smash now deals up to three instead of four hits, and the damage output thus went down to 13% (formerly 19/17 depending on spacing). From the looks of it the initial back hitbox still exists and is about as reliable as before (which I have no gripes with despite my constant complains). The damage output on the individual hits is... weird. First hit is 3%, but the second hit is either 5% (percentage meter) or 6% (training mode) for some reason, which propably doesnt matter all that much, but w/ever. Assuming that priority is now not a broken mess anymore, this move may be the biggest buff for Chibi overall, being the tool it should have been the last 3 years (I still want to know what the thought process behind giving it litearlly 0 priority was though tbh). The animation looks a bit more... sluggish? Something about the cord feels heavier now, idk how to properly explain it. Startup and cooldown havent changed much, if they have changed at all.

* USmash now deals 1% more (the first hit now does 5% instead of 4), and the second hit has the same issue as FSmash where it does 10% according to the regular HUD and 11% if you choose to believe the training mode counter. The attack now also actually gets both hits against Fox, so thats nice :chibirobo: Another nice buff is that the first hit no longer simply Jab Resets grounded opponents (which usually put Chibi at a disadvantage), but instead launches them up with the exception of the aforementioned spacie(s?). This also applies to opponents on a platform above you, meaning that the first hit has blessed with a large range increase vertically speaking. On the flipside, the second hit lost its (admittedly rather absurd) huge horizontal hitbox and was toned down considerably, losing almost all horizontal range, so you really have to space the opponent right under the plug with very little leniency now. The range nerf was for the better (as said before, it was definetly oversized), but imo it was a bit too much. USmash was perhaps Chibis best Smash attack and general anti-air overall (catching approaches, landings after Blaster snipes etc), and I kinda doubt that it can still that role sufficinetly now. Blaster -> USmash to catch landings is harder to hit at the very least. There might be a KB buff however, which Im not sure about quite yet. Would be pretty neat though and somewhat make up for the range nerf.

* Down Smash still is impossible to sweetspot without a hard read/shieldbreak (if anything it feels EVEN HARDER), but boy does it hit hard. Whereas 0.9b DSmash was surprisingly lacking in the KO department (giving its impossible sweetspot and whatnot), being outclassed by USmash in some instances, Beta DSmash is a friggin monster. The sourspot now deals 11% instead of 10% (as if anyone cares about that), but the real deal is the sweetspot. It now deals 21% on hit uncharged - 27 fully charged (a major buff from the 15% it previously did) and now kills the likes of Fox as low as 80% on Battlefield vertically (no DI), a feat that was simply not possible before. Jab Reset into DSmash also seems more useful now, giving the global change to that mechanic. I havent gotten more than one Jab Lock yet sadly enough, but either way this is a huge deal and a very welcome buff to Chibi's KO power. Just make sure to Jab Reset with Jab1 now - I will touch on Blaster stuff regarding that matter later.

* Nair feels roughly the same, although there may have been a KB increase on the second hit. The damage is still 13%/6% (plug/cord), it appears to be the same speed, and I havent noticed a range change either. The only thing that feels different is me not being able to get the double plug hit anymore, instead landing cord/plug (which still is 19%, but playing Chibi/MK with their 26%/20% Nair may have spoiled be a little in that department). That may be due to some engine change, me not adapting quite yet or simply some change in the move itself. Honestly no idea if I just suck now or if there was a change. SH Nair does not autocancel anymore, which is kinda "sad" I guess. FH Nair appears to be as lagless as before however. The endlag of Nair itself seems to have gone up quite a bit however (Im pretty sure you could to a FH Nair and act before landing in 0.9b, but I honestly cant remember). It is now actually Chibi's only aerial that doesnt allow him to act afterwards before landing out of a fullhop. Kinda sucks, but Nair still seems to be a good move nonetheless. Just not as amazing anymore.

* Fair still does 10% (which is nice) and has less range (which is fine with me - old Fair had a hitbox that was just too big tbh). Its combo potential seems to be about the same, especially if Fair --> ChibiCopter is still a reliable setup. SH Fair now has actual landing lag as well, which I can deal with considering thats a global change. FH Fair still autocancels however. As for recovery purposes, Ledgehop/Rising Fair from below the stage is considerably less useful now, but Uair might be an effective alternative for that.

* Bair... is where Im somewhat starting to complain. Sure, it got stronger damage wise (15% instead of 14% - not much, but appreciated nonetheless, and I honestly was fine with 14% to begin with) and now has a neat water effect on hit. There were also some rumours regarding a KB nerf for Bair, and I got around to test that. Using an idle Mario from the center of BF, Bair now KOs later, going from 122% to 132% instead - assuming that neither Mario's weight nor the size of Battlefield was changed. Meh. Dont like that. At all. Id rather have a damage nerf if that meant keeping our second most useful KO tool the (already somewhat weak) power it had. Bair always appears to autocancel however, which in turn is a very nice buff regarding our spacing game. If there was a landing lag increase, its either very low or super hard to not autocancel the move, as I didnt notice a difference here. Bair in general seems to be more of a zoning/spacing tool now instead of using it for KOs (more damage, little lag, decreased KO power), but thats just my impression after using the attack for like 5 minutes in training mode lol. I mean I get the idea, I just havent warmed up to the idea quite yet.

* Up Air... Where to start. I think it is no secret at this point that I was a huge fan of the old Uair, and that I was not convinced by/happy with its replacement at all. Now that I got to use it myself... I still dont like it all that much. While it does have a pretty big hitbox, the move overall felt... somewhat lacking at the start. It deals the same amount of damage (11% if you hit with the plug, and theres a weak 6% hitbox at the end), but it has notably less KO power unless Im doing something very wrong. DTilt to Uair already got harder this version, and now Uair doesnt even kill half the time I land it. The power of the move itself seems to be fine, but the angle is propably the main reason for that - Uair now sends opponents at a very favourable diagonal angle. I also find it a lot harder to hit opponents directly above me, although the diagonal coverage above my head is a nice thing, no doubt. I just feel like we traded one blindstop for a different one here. Speaking of the infamous KO setups, DThrow to Uair is a lot harder now (at least against no DI) as it requires better fading/spacing on the Uair, but its propably still a thing and a potent one at that, even if it lost some power. UThrow Uair seems to be a thing though. Weak Uair can actually Jab Reset at low percentages, and at higher damage it can link into a psuedo confirm strong Uair (which is propably going to be nice after a misspaced throw followup now that I think about it). Uair has very generous autocancel frames as well, so feel free to spam SH Uairs to your hearts content. The endlag is quite noticable though, dont use this move offstage without a jump if you can avoid it. Ledgehop Uair/Rising Uair seems to have replaced Fair in terms of forcing an edgeguarding opponent off the ledge as well. Then there is shielddrop Uair, which also looks very promising... I went from hating this move to really liking it in roughly 30 minutes, so we will see how much more stuff you can pull with that move :chibirobo:

I still miss my tweezers though

* Down Air obviously got quite the range increase, and boy does that do wonders for the attack. Aside from the fact that you can now hit people on the ground from a PS3 platform, Dair now also deals 15% instead of 13%, albeit the KB of the move seems to be toned down - which I am more than okay with. At high percents, Dair leads into Uair on grounded opponents for a potential new kill confirm as well. Im happy with that one.

* Blaster got some interesting changes as well. The damage still is the same with 2%, but the attack now deals a tad more hitstun (?) and notably more knockback at higher percentages - you could call it a very weak version of Smash 4 Needle Storm if you really want to. Assuming the Blaster tech from the post Drarky-senpai made during 0.9b's lifespan (is there some way to get that back? That would be a valuable source for all Chibi players), anything he posted there should be even more reliable now - DJ Blaster --> Uair being the exception to that I imagine. Blaster now also has a ("new") blindspot if you are standing practically inside your opponent because Chibi's mere presence doesnt push the opponent during Blaster startup, but that should be neglegible. I also got a reverse hitbox (lol) a few times at the closest range possible), which hits opponents towards you and in theory might lead to some super fraudulent followups I guess. There are nerfs however that Blaster had to eat: Grounded Blaster no longer Jab Resets a major chunk of the cast. My best guess would be that the hitbox was made smaller (to be fair, old Blaster reached surprisingly low). Characters we can Jab Reset after a knockdown with Blaster are :jigglypuff: , PACMAN, :bowser: :yoshi: :wario: :donkeykong: :pikachu: :gameandwatch: :kirby: :metaknight: Brian/Dee, :samus: and :sonic: Black Mage is perhaps the biggest offender, as the Blaster goes through his head but doesnt actually hit him for some reason. Every character can still be Jab Reset by hitting them during the little bounce that occurs during the missed tech animation however, so theres that. Still works, just needs better timing now. And before anyone asks, the lips on Sky Sanctuary Zone actually block our shots now if Chibi is standing below them, so no situational setups there either. I didnt test Sandbag because I dont have him quite yet, and Id prefer if people did not take that as a hint to tell me how to unlock him - I wanna find that out myself, thanks. Id imagine it working however. On other note, aiming restrictions are still in place sadly. No free aiming in 2017, puh-lease :chibirobo: Another big hit is the complete removal of Early Blaster, effectively nullifying FHDB. For those of you who didnt know: In 0.9b, Chibi could fire his gun preemptively by timing an Air Blaster in a way that he landed during the startup, causing an early shot. Combine that with a Full Hop and you essentially had a mini Brawl Falco equivalent, albeit with less range and a bit more lag afterwards. Doesnt matter, it is gone now. To make things even worse, landing with an Air Blaster during start up cancels the move altogether, meaning that no projectile is fired at all. While that is the first change that actually made me angry, I didnt use FHDB anyways :pikachu: In exchange for that we can now rapid fire in the air by holding the Special button. Thats actually dope af and sounds like a more than legit replacement for FHDB, although the loss of cancelled Blaster still kinda sucks. Also, why do spacies get infinite range projectiles, and Chibi doesnt? Just because the angle thingy? Meh.

* Chibicopter got a much needed recovery boost. It now travels more than twice the original distance, and does so notably faster. It also is supposed to be a kill move, but I somehow never get the strong hitbox :chibirobo: The added distance and speed definetly helps a lot with our vertical recovery and our edgeguarding game, which is always a neat thing. The attack doesnt link as well now, but Up B never was an offensive tool anyways. The only thing Im unsure on is wether or not it is still the nigh impenetrable wall it used to be, but even if it isnt, the speed/distance buffs are well worth it.

* Pick Up works now I guess? idk lol

* Toothbrush is the same unless I missed something. Still does 2%, still a crucial recovery tool, still forces a second hit on hit, still sucks as an offensive tool.

Going to talk about throws more later, but for now I didnt notice any major difference. Back Throw seems to be much stronger however - or the CPUs just DI it even worse now. UThrow seems to send opponents more towards to your front and DThrow more towards your back (no DI). FThrow still sucks from what I can tell, sans techchase setups against fastfallers - and even then UThrow was and propably is still a better option.

Overall our spacing game took somewhat of a hit due to not being able to land with Air Blaster anymore during startup, although Air Rapid Fire is a thing that shouldve been added from the start and now rightfully is a thing. USmash lost a lot of its usefulness as an anti-air and platform coverage tool, going from an absurdly large horizontal hitbox to what seems to be an absurdly small one. At least the move properly link now :chibirobo: Blaster not universally Jab Locking anymore is also weird to say the least, but can be worked around, especially with the Jab1 buff. Our KO power also went down imo, Bair not qualifying as the solid KO tool it used to be anymore, and the new Uair being significantly weaker than good ol' tweezers. But hey, we got UTilt as a kill move now I guess, and DSmash doesnt suck quite as much either... Recovery boost is very welcome, although it honestly feels like it was a bit too much of a buff. Grab combos still seem to be intact, as well as DTilt setups (for the most part), with the exception of combos into USmash.

I kind of feel like Beta Chibi is supposed to play the spacing game more than before - Bair damage buff, Air Blaster rapid fire, Blaster buffs - although the loss of Early Blaster and not being able to land with Air Blaster at all kind of sucks quite frankly. Fair range nerf also is somewhat detrimental to that, and I believe Nair got some (admittedly deserved) nerf(s) as well. If FSmash works now as it is supposed to (which I kinda doubt as it still loses to Fireballs and such), it is going to be another huge buff to our spacing game. Makes the risk actually woth the reward-
         On the flipside, our already mediocre KO options got hit surprisingly hard, with the exception of Chibicopter (which I cant land yet, gotta lab/learn what part actually kills) and the DSmash buff (which honestly is how the move should have worked from the start). Now that Bair deals notably less KB and especially Uair being a lot weaker now, Im afraid Chibi is going to have to work even harder for his kills now. His setups are still there as far as I can tell, they are just less effective. UTilt is definetly a nice change, but I dont think that it will make up for the options we "lost" just quite. If BThrow actually is a kill throw now I will happily accept the Uair nerf, Chibi really needed that.
         Our offstage game got quite the boost, with Air Blaster now being granted Rapid Fire and ChibiCopter covering a lot more of ground (and then theres still Toothbrush for recovery) helping both our recovery and edgeguard options. If FSmash actually works now thats another neat option, and angled grabs are propably going to be quite the useful tool as well. Just sucks that USmash hitbox is tiny now to catch high recoveries, although Uair should work for that.

So, despite me coming off as rather negative here, Im happy with the changes our little robot got for the most part. Id say he feels better now (with KO power of all things maybe being the surprise nerf that wasnt neccessary) than he used to. Mid tier at worst, but I firmly hope that Chibi finally is able to hold his ground against the entire cast now, instead of just the low tiers :P The only things Id change is re-buffing Bair to be a more powerful KO option, (Id happily lower the damage output for that, even below 0.9b stats) give DSmash the same properties as Blaster startup whereas it doesnt push opponents away and out of the sweetspot range and giving Blaster free aiming and/or infinite range (Star Fox says hi again) to be honest, other than that I am very happy with how Chibi turned out this time around.

If some dev would take the time to confirm at least some of my speculations/other changed I missed that would be incredibly appreciated, just saying:pikachu:
Id also like to put the invite to the "official" Chibi Discord Server here if thats okay with the forum rules, tell me if you want me to put it down. I swear I mean no harm :3
If you are a longstanding Chibi-Robo main like myself or joined the 20CR hype train in Beta, I welcome you to Chibi Nation! Just dont say you have been the first Chibi main ever despite never having played the game before Beta and youre going to be fine :pikachu: https://discord.gg/pw2Dk4r

May 20CR come soon, and may it always guide you. :chibirobo:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue May 30, 2017 4:38 am

TSF|Skylar wrote:
A moment of silence for Rusty Robo, you will be missed ;~;

Chibi's new costumes are looking really good though, with my personal "offender" being red for not being quite red enough for my taste, so nothing new here :pikachu: I think Im gonna rep the Black Chibi again tbh

Now onto the more interesting part: I will use this post to put my first impressions and changes I noticed down for future reference if someone wants to laught at me for being incorrect or something like that. Gonna add a small tl;dr at the end, considering that the wall of text below is both huge and a f*** to read :chibirobo:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wall of text: show
* On certain ledges a ledgejump will put Chibi back on the ledge instead of onstage if no other input is made (example: right side of 3DS, left one on FD). That also was in 0.9b but never adressed I think.

* The engine changes regarding jumping backwards out of a dash are a huge hidden buff, spacing aerials is going to be a lot easier now.

* Our run speed might have gone slightly up, but I might be imagining things here. Would be a really nice quality of life buff helping with our meh mobility, but even if it is a thing, its not a major difference I believe (unless you guys changed the size of 3DS).

* The addition of shielddropping might be one of the bigger buffs, but honestly I cant tell yet. Shielddrop Uair and Fair especially look promising.

* Grab can be angled up and down, which sounds lit af and can propably be incorporated into our edgeguarding and anti-approach game. We cannot grab opponents that missed their tech anymore however.

* Jab still deals the same amount of damage (3%/5%), but it feels... better for some reason. Might just be the new effects though. The first hit appears to deal less KB, making the second hit guaranteed even at above mid percentages, and propably makes it a much better Jab Lock/Reset tool as well. Now we dont have to rely on Blaster for that anymore (Ill come back to that later btw) :chibirobo:

* FTilt recieved a pseudo range buff due to the fact that it propels Chibi a small distance forward - a bit less than a side of those hexagonals on Pokemon Colusseum, but its something. It also now is a two-hit attack (down from 4), and thus deals overall less damage (3/3/3/4=13% --> 3/5=8%). Sadly it doesnt destroy shield as I hoped, but Ill take what I have here.

* UTilt now does 10% damage instead of 9%, although 9.5% is propably more accurate from what Im seeing. It definetly has more KB overall, now being a solid KO options against floatier characters at roughly 120%. Thats a really nice change from being essentially an inferior DTilt, especially considering that it could neither combo nor KO at those high damages before. It appears to have less ending lag as well, which would be super nice (or Im just suffering from post patch placebo, idk).

* DTilt still deals the same damage and seems to have roughly the same speed. I do however think that there was a launch angle nerf, as I have a bit more trouble getting a reliable followup at higher percents than I used to (which may very well be caused by some changes to other moves). Dunno about this one yet.

* Dash Attack recieved a damage nerf on the sweetspot (8% --> 7%) and a damage buff on the sourspot (5% --> 6%). Sour Dash Attack can still Jab Reset, so that is nice. Other than that I havent noticed anything different about the move yet.

* Forward Smash now deals up to three instead of four hits, and the damage output thus went down to 13% (formerly 19/17 depending on spacing). From the looks of it the initial back hitbox still exists and is about as reliable as before (which I have no gripes with despite my constant complains). The damage output on the individual hits is... weird. First hit is 3%, but the second hit is either 5% (percentage meter) or 6% (training mode) for some reason, which propably doesnt matter all that much, but w/ever. Assuming that priority is now not a broken mess anymore, this move may be the biggest buff for Chibi overall, being the tool it should have been the last 3 years (I still want to know what the thought process behind giving it litearlly 0 priority was though tbh). The animation looks a bit more... sluggish? Something about the cord feels heavier now, idk how to properly explain it. Startup and cooldown havent changed much, if they have changed at all.

* USmash now deals 1% more (the first hit now does 5% instead of 4), and the second hit has the same issue as FSmash where it does 10% according to the regular HUD and 11% if you choose to believe the training mode counter. The attack now also actually gets both hits against Fox, so thats nice :chibirobo: Another nice buff is that the first hit no longer simply Jab Resets grounded opponents (which usually put Chibi at a disadvantage), but instead launches them up with the exception of the aforementioned spacie(s?). This also applies to opponents on a platform above you, meaning that the first hit has blessed with a large range increase vertically speaking. On the flipside, the second hit lost its (admittedly rather absurd) huge horizontal hitbox and was toned down considerably, losing almost all horizontal range, so you really have to space the opponent right under the plug with very little leniency now. The range nerf was for the better (as said before, it was definetly oversized), but imo it was a bit too much. USmash was perhaps Chibis best Smash attack and general anti-air overall (catching approaches, landings after Blaster snipes etc), and I kinda doubt that it can still that role sufficinetly now. Blaster -> USmash to catch landings is harder to hit at the very least. There might be a KB buff however, which Im not sure about quite yet. Would be pretty neat though and somewhat make up for the range nerf.

* Down Smash still is impossible to sweetspot without a hard read/shieldbreak (if anything it feels EVEN HARDER), but boy does it hit hard. Whereas 0.9b DSmash was surprisingly lacking in the KO department (giving its impossible sweetspot and whatnot), being outclassed by USmash in some instances, Beta DSmash is a friggin monster. The sourspot now deals 11% instead of 10% (as if anyone cares about that), but the real deal is the sweetspot. It now deals 21% on hit uncharged - 27 fully charged (a major buff from the 15% it previously did) and now kills the likes of Fox as low as 80% on Battlefield vertically (no DI), a feat that was simply not possible before. Jab Reset into DSmash also seems more useful now, giving the global change to that mechanic. I havent gotten more than one Jab Lock yet sadly enough, but either way this is a huge deal and a very welcome buff to Chibi's KO power. Just make sure to Jab Reset with Jab1 now - I will touch on Blaster stuff regarding that matter later.

* Nair feels roughly the same, although there may have been a KB increase on the second hit. The damage is still 13%/6% (plug/cord), it appears to be the same speed, and I havent noticed a range change either. The only thing that feels different is me not being able to get the double plug hit anymore, instead landing cord/plug (which still is 19%, but playing Chibi/MK with their 26%/20% Nair may have spoiled be a little in that department). That may be due to some engine change, me not adapting quite yet or simply some change in the move itself. Honestly no idea if I just suck now or if there was a change. SH Nair does not autocancel anymore, which is kinda "sad" I guess. FH Nair appears to be as lagless as before however. The endlag of Nair itself seems to have gone up quite a bit however (Im pretty sure you could to a FH Nair and act before landing in 0.9b, but I honestly cant remember). It is now actually Chibi's only aerial that doesnt allow him to act afterwards before landing out of a fullhop. Kinda sucks, but Nair still seems to be a good move nonetheless. Just not as amazing anymore.

* Fair still does 10% (which is nice) and has less range (which is fine with me - old Fair had a hitbox that was just too big tbh). Its combo potential seems to be about the same, especially if Fair --> ChibiCopter is still a reliable setup. SH Fair now has actual landing lag as well, which I can deal with considering thats a global change. FH Fair still autocancels however. As for recovery purposes, Ledgehop/Rising Fair from below the stage is considerably less useful now, but Uair might be an effective alternative for that.

* Bair... is where Im somewhat starting to complain. Sure, it got stronger damage wise (15% instead of 14% - not much, but appreciated nonetheless, and I honestly was fine with 14% to begin with) and now has a neat water effect on hit. There were also some rumours regarding a KB nerf for Bair, and I got around to test that. Using an idle Mario from the center of BF, Bair now KOs later, going from 122% to 132% instead - assuming that neither Mario's weight nor the size of Battlefield was changed. Meh. Dont like that. At all. Id rather have a damage nerf if that meant keeping our second most useful KO tool the (already somewhat weak) power it had. Bair always appears to autocancel however, which in turn is a very nice buff regarding our spacing game. If there was a landing lag increase, its either very low or super hard to not autocancel the move, as I didnt notice a difference here. Bair in general seems to be more of a zoning/spacing tool now instead of using it for KOs (more damage, little lag, decreased KO power), but thats just my impression after using the attack for like 5 minutes in training mode lol. I mean I get the idea, I just havent warmed up to the idea quite yet.

* Up Air... Where to start. I think it is no secret at this point that I was a huge fan of the old Uair, and that I was not convinced by/happy with its replacement at all. Now that I got to use it myself... I still dont like it all that much. While it does have a pretty big hitbox, the move overall felt... somewhat lacking at the start. It deals the same amount of damage (11% if you hit with the plug, and theres a weak 6% hitbox at the end), but it has notably less KO power unless Im doing something very wrong. DTilt to Uair already got harder this version, and now Uair doesnt even kill half the time I land it. The power of the move itself seems to be fine, but the angle is propably the main reason for that - Uair now sends opponents at a very favourable diagonal angle. I also find it a lot harder to hit opponents directly above me, although the diagonal coverage above my head is a nice thing, no doubt. I just feel like we traded one blindstop for a different one here. Speaking of the infamous KO setups, DThrow to Uair is a lot harder now (at least against no DI) as it requires better fading/spacing on the Uair, but its propably still a thing and a potent one at that, even if it lost some power. UThrow Uair seems to be a thing though. Weak Uair can actually Jab Reset at low percentages, and at higher damage it can link into a psuedo confirm strong Uair (which is propably going to be nice after a misspaced throw followup now that I think about it). Uair has very generous autocancel frames as well, so feel free to spam SH Uairs to your hearts content. The endlag is quite noticable though, dont use this move offstage without a jump if you can avoid it. Ledgehop Uair/Rising Uair seems to have replaced Fair in terms of forcing an edgeguarding opponent off the ledge as well. Then there is shielddrop Uair, which also looks very promising... I went from hating this move to really liking it in roughly 30 minutes, so we will see how much more stuff you can pull with that move :chibirobo:

I still miss my tweezers though

* Down Air obviously got quite the range increase, and boy does that do wonders for the attack. Aside from the fact that you can now hit people on the ground from a PS3 platform, Dair now also deals 15% instead of 13%, albeit the KB of the move seems to be toned down - which I am more than okay with. At high percents, Dair leads into Uair on grounded opponents for a potential new kill confirm as well. Im happy with that one.

* Blaster got some interesting changes as well. The damage still is the same with 2%, but the attack now deals a tad more hitstun (?) and notably more knockback at higher percentages - you could call it a very weak version of Smash 4 Needle Storm if you really want to. Assuming the Blaster tech from the post Drarky-senpai made during 0.9b's lifespan (is there some way to get that back? That would be a valuable source for all Chibi players), anything he posted there should be even more reliable now - DJ Blaster --> Uair being the exception to that I imagine. Blaster now also has a ("new") blindspot if you are standing practically inside your opponent because Chibi's mere presence doesnt push the opponent during Blaster startup, but that should be neglegible. I also got a reverse hitbox (lol) a few times at the closest range possible), which hits opponents towards you and in theory might lead to some super fraudulent followups I guess. There are nerfs however that Blaster had to eat: Grounded Blaster no longer Jab Resets a major chunk of the cast. My best guess would be that the hitbox was made smaller (to be fair, old Blaster reached surprisingly low). Characters we can Jab Reset after a knockdown with Blaster are :jigglypuff: , PACMAN, :bowser: :yoshi: :wario: :donkeykong: :pikachu: :gameandwatch: :kirby: :metaknight: Brian/Dee, :samus: and :sonic: Black Mage is perhaps the biggest offender, as the Blaster goes through his head but doesnt actually hit him for some reason. Every character can still be Jab Reset by hitting them during the little bounce that occurs during the missed tech animation however, so theres that. Still works, just needs better timing now. And before anyone asks, the lips on Sky Sanctuary Zone actually block our shots now if Chibi is standing below them, so no situational setups there either. I didnt test Sandbag because I dont have him quite yet, and Id prefer if people did not take that as a hint to tell me how to unlock him - I wanna find that out myself, thanks. Id imagine it working however. On other note, aiming restrictions are still in place sadly. No free aiming in 2017, puh-lease :chibirobo: Another big hit is the complete removal of Early Blaster, effectively nullifying FHDB. For those of you who didnt know: In 0.9b, Chibi could fire his gun preemptively by timing an Air Blaster in a way that he landed during the startup, causing an early shot. Combine that with a Full Hop and you essentially had a mini Brawl Falco equivalent, albeit with less range and a bit more lag afterwards. Doesnt matter, it is gone now. To make things even worse, landing with an Air Blaster during start up cancels the move altogether, meaning that no projectile is fired at all. While that is the first change that actually made me angry, I didnt use FHDB anyways :pikachu: In exchange for that we can now rapid fire in the air by holding the Special button. Thats actually dope af and sounds like a more than legit replacement for FHDB, although the loss of cancelled Blaster still kinda sucks. Also, why do spacies get infinite range projectiles, and Chibi doesnt? Just because the angle thingy? Meh.

* Chibicopter got a much needed recovery boost. It now travels more than twice the original distance, and does so notably faster. It also is supposed to be a kill move, but I somehow never get the strong hitbox :chibirobo: The added distance and speed definetly helps a lot with our vertical recovery and our edgeguarding game, which is always a neat thing. The attack doesnt link as well now, but Up B never was an offensive tool anyways. The only thing Im unsure on is wether or not it is still the nigh impenetrable wall it used to be, but even if it isnt, the speed/distance buffs are well worth it.

* Pick Up works now I guess? idk lol

* Toothbrush is the same unless I missed something. Still does 2%, still a crucial recovery tool, still forces a second hit on hit, still sucks as an offensive tool.

Going to talk about throws more later, but for now I didnt notice any major difference. Back Throw seems to be much stronger however - or the CPUs just DI it even worse now. UThrow seems to send opponents more towards to your front and DThrow more towards your back (no DI). FThrow still sucks from what I can tell, sans techchase setups against fastfallers - and even then UThrow was and propably is still a better option.

Overall our spacing game took somewhat of a hit due to not being able to land with Air Blaster anymore during startup, although Air Rapid Fire is a thing that shouldve been added from the start and now rightfully is a thing. USmash lost a lot of its usefulness as an anti-air and platform coverage tool, going from an absurdly large horizontal hitbox to what seems to be an absurdly small one. At least the move properly link now :chibirobo: Blaster not universally Jab Locking anymore is also weird to say the least, but can be worked around, especially with the Jab1 buff. Our KO power also went down imo, Bair not qualifying as the solid KO tool it used to be anymore, and the new Uair being significantly weaker than good ol' tweezers. But hey, we got UTilt as a kill move now I guess, and DSmash doesnt suck quite as much either... Recovery boost is very welcome, although it honestly feels like it was a bit too much of a buff. Grab combos still seem to be intact, as well as DTilt setups (for the most part), with the exception of combos into USmash.

I kind of feel like Beta Chibi is supposed to play the spacing game more than before - Bair damage buff, Air Blaster rapid fire, Blaster buffs - although the loss of Early Blaster and not being able to land with Air Blaster at all kind of sucks quite frankly. Fair range nerf also is somewhat detrimental to that, and I believe Nair got some (admittedly deserved) nerf(s) as well. If FSmash works now as it is supposed to (which I kinda doubt as it still loses to Fireballs and such), it is going to be another huge buff to our spacing game. Makes the risk actually woth the reward-
         On the flipside, our already mediocre KO options got hit surprisingly hard, with the exception of Chibicopter (which I cant land yet, gotta lab/learn what part actually kills) and the DSmash buff (which honestly is how the move should have worked from the start). Now that Bair deals notably less KB and especially Uair being a lot weaker now, Im afraid Chibi is going to have to work even harder for his kills now. His setups are still there as far as I can tell, they are just less effective. UTilt is definetly a nice change, but I dont think that it will make up for the options we "lost" just quite. If BThrow actually is a kill throw now I will happily accept the Uair nerf, Chibi really needed that.
         Our offstage game got quite the boost, with Air Blaster now being granted Rapid Fire and ChibiCopter covering a lot more of ground (and then theres still Toothbrush for recovery) helping both our recovery and edgeguard options. If FSmash actually works now thats another neat option, and angled grabs are propably going to be quite the useful tool as well. Just sucks that USmash hitbox is tiny now to catch high recoveries, although Uair should work for that.

So, despite me coming off as rather negative here, Im happy with the changes our little robot got for the most part. Id say he feels better now (with KO power of all things maybe being the surprise nerf that wasnt neccessary) than he used to. Mid tier at worst, but I firmly hope that Chibi finally is able to hold his ground against the entire cast now, instead of just the low tiers :P The only things Id change is re-buffing Bair to be a more powerful KO option, (Id happily lower the damage output for that, even below 0.9b stats) give DSmash the same properties as Blaster startup whereas it doesnt push opponents away and out of the sweetspot range and giving Blaster free aiming and/or infinite range (Star Fox says hi again) to be honest, other than that I am very happy with how Chibi turned out this time around.

If some dev would take the time to confirm at least some of my speculations/other changed I missed that would be incredibly appreciated, just saying:pikachu:
Id also like to put the invite to the "official" Chibi Discord Server here if thats okay with the forum rules, tell me if you want me to put it down. I swear I mean no harm :3
If you are a longstanding Chibi-Robo main like myself or joined the 20CR hype train in Beta, I welcome you to Chibi Nation! Just dont say you have been the first Chibi main ever despite never having played the game before Beta and youre going to be fine :pikachu: https://discord.gg/pw2Dk4r

May 20CR come soon, and may it always guide you. :chibirobo:

Wow! AMAZING Chibi-Robo introspective!!

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:57 pm
BR Member

Apparently noone loves this character, so heres a few more random tidbits :chibirobo:

For all of you who think that Chibi has a kill throw: He doesnt. Well kinda. I believe the KB got buffed during the transistion to Beta, but the move can be DIed so hard that its really not a major difference. Stop complaining about dying at 100% at the ledge, you f*** your DI up hardcore

Bair actually doesnt really need to KO people anymore imo. Sure, Im kinda sad it went (and I still want old Bair back), but with the addition of UTilt, DSmash working properly now and USmash being seemingly stronger, its not that important this time around. On the bright side, we can now freely space with Bair and dont worry about staling our #2 KO tool :chibirobo:

Speaking of Smashes, I take my complaints about USmash back. The huge hitbox is still there, but its now vertical instead of horizontal - at least on the first hit. 2nd hit remains very close to the animation. Maybe a bit too close.

Idk what happened to Nair, but I really lost the feeling for that one. I cant space it anymore (at least if I want some sort of sweetspot), which obviously kinda sucks because Chibi Nair is amazing. I think the second hit is stronger now, but I honestly use Nair so rarely now I cant really tell.

Recovery needs a nerf. As far as I can tell Toothbrush remains pretty much the same for whatever reason (except mashing Up B while the move is still active will result in it staying active, buffer hype), but oh boy Chibi Copter breaks it even further now. To compare: In 0.9b, Chibi Copter from the ground barely landed Chibi on the top platform on the Battlefield Boys. In Beta, it travels notably higher and goes as high as quite a bit above the top plat on Yoshis Island 64, from the lowest ground the stage has. Idk what kind of battery Chibi runs on now, but its certainly a good one lol Considering people wanted an Up B buff for the longest of time, this is going to sound weird - a Chibi complaining about recovery being too good - but the real offender was and still is the Toothbrush. This move gives Chibi incredible stalling potential offstage (jump offstage -> toothbrush -> toothbrush the other way -> rinse and repeat until Up B sweetspot) and considering it can be used for an infinite amount of time, it effectively grants Chibi a near limitless horizontal recovery. While that was made up for by making Chibi Copter a** outside of priority, BetaCopter goes notably further, not to mention a LOT faster, rendering that small weakness pretty much obsolete. As long as Chibi has a jump, he will always make it back to the stage. I already was against this sort of "free" recovery back when Chibi was a lot worse and not the potential top tier he is now, but it sadly didnt get adressed - and if it did, I either am super blind or it was a very subtle change. I dont even know HOW to change this move, but something about it needs to be done. Infinite recovery is stupid, and Id guess thats a big part as to why MK has his Smash 4 Up B now. My best suggestion would be limiting the amount of aerial "boosts" the move grants to three, and Toothbrush ending on its own accord after the third boost is over (it could also start dropping with barely any forward momentum, propably better actually). This is still quite a bit of distance (nearly all the way from the blastzone on Pokémon Colisseum for example), but it is not nearly as farreaching as the current version. Or give Chibi only one (max two) Side Bs before he has to touch the ground, that would work too I guess.

Blaster is really really really really really REALLY good now. S Tier projectile for sure, and a legitimate choice for the best projectile in the entire game I feel (not counting stuff like 60% Water Wave, thats a bug). For the poor souls that did not get to play a Chibi yet, Chibi Blaster is essentially a Falco Blaster on steroids without the infinite range, a faster fire rate and a small amount of endlag. It covers just barely more than 50% of FD, which is more than sufficient, but here is the kicker: It has set KB (not that bad), and regardless of your percentage it will always put you airbone for just a split second. This effectively disrupts (if not completely stops) any momentum the opponent may have had, but it also forces them into their landing animation everytime they get hit on the ground. This is huge, as you can reliably tack on damgage with an uncontestable projectile that covers half the stage, never stales below 1.5% and forces you into a laggy landing animation everytime you land it. Wow. I dont even want to think about characters with a laggy landing animations rn, that sounds disgusting.
         Airbone opponents arent exactly in a better spot though. Considering that most people will hold towards the stage (after all, they are trying to recover), they will eat at the very least 2-4 lasers on average before they can start SDIing Up (does that really work? Everyone talks about is but noone does it for some reason) in an attempt to avoid the laser barrage. If the aforementioned SDI is a thing, Chibi still should be able to follow with a small aiming readjustment however, not to mention Up Grab, USmash and FSmash are all very useful to catch a landing, especially after laser spam.
Blaster alone is enough to make Chibi high mid tier now, but with the rest of the changes he got he may actually be top tier now :chibirobo: Aside from Spacies of course, f*** those. We have a no DI DThrow -> UThrow chaingrab on them apparently, but thats most likely just as fraudulent as it was before. Also no DI. Yeah.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:02 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
TSF|Skylar wrote:
Apparently noone loves this character, so heres a few more random tidbits :chibirobo:

Actually, I am starting to like this character again after testing it a bit more, analyzing each changes they've made to this character. And boy, did they buff this character a lot. Since not many people use this character, he's gonna be unpredictable - so I am also maining him again, especially for the buffs.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 pm
BR Member

NASAPeepo wrote:
TSF|Skylar wrote:

Actually, I am starting to like this character again after testing it a bit more, analyzing each changes they've made to this character. And boy, did they buff this character a lot. Since not many people use this character, he's gonna be unpredictable - so I am also maining him again, especially for the buffs.

Very good :chibirobo: 20CR needs you, my friend

So for whatever reason, FSmash is techable, which makes an already super risky zoning tool even more dangerous to use, now potentially opening a window for punishing Chibi for landing the move in the first place, which is hella stupid for obvious reasons Id say. Im fairly certain this is unintentional, but if it isnt, someone seriously should reconsider that choice. Im fine with people having go(o)d SDI and popping out, or for me spacing the move poorly so they drop out, or using it at low percents so I leave myself open, but getting punished for using a zoning tool for zoning? Come on.
Just cant have that move working as its supposed to without a major drawback, now can we?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:43 pm

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Can you not block :chibirobo: s blaster? I could have sworn I shielded against it in online play (was delay/lag) but I shielded and I still got hit by it when I was still shielding I think (idk if I let go of shield just before it hit me).

If his blaster ignores shield then yea, best projectile for sure lol (is it also a shield breaker if it doesn't ignore shield?).

Practicing: :yoshi:

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:32 pm
BR Member

You definetly can block Chibi Blaster. Conditioning your opponent to shield by bombarding them with projectiles and then running up to contest whatever they do next (hold shield, spotdodge, jump, aerial OoS, roll, etc.) is just as neat as it was in 0.9b, if not better. I think that holding shield against rapid fire mode automatically buffers a powershield assuming you were grounded upon getting hit by the first shot, but Im not sure about this one yet. Might be character specific as well if characters like Bowser have a laggier landing animation than say the flying marshmallows.

To answer your second question: Ignoring shields is something very different than breaking them. You wouldnt call Airlift a shield breaker for example, now would you?

On another note, can someone please tell me what was done to make Nair as uncomfortable as it is now? I cant use the move at all anymore without getting a double sourspot (which still does a whopping 12% btw, kinda silly for a weak Nair) at best. RAR Nair seems to be pretty neat I guess, but I am not a fan of the new Nair at all. To think that I would prefer the new Uair over my old favourite move in the game :chibirobo:

For those of you who remember my post about the super fraudulent Up Throw chaingrab we had on Fox back in 0.9b (which really was as fraudulent as one could possibly imagine), its back! And almost as fraudulent. By using Up Grab -> Up Throw (just saying this feels wrong, ew Up Grab :chibirobo: ), we can successfully regrab spacies starting at 0% unless they DI in, which can then be punished with UTilt, USmash or something else. Hooray for mixups I guess? Fox/Falco are propably still going to body Chibi outside of edgeguarding, so every bit counts here.

One more thing: Using Up Grab (yes, the GRAB, not throwing them), we can actually grab people on the platform above us during the 4th, 5th, and 6th form of Chibi Castle (also known as Dracs for the uninformed). For those of you who dont wanna count, those are the last three ones - #4 is the one that has a low plat on the left, a midheight platform in the middle and a high one on the right side, #5 has one plat at midheight on the right side and one low & one high on the left, and #6 (the last form before cycling back to default) is Battlefield but with a higher top plat and lower side platforms. Ill leave it up to you to figure out which platform(s) I am talking about :chibirobo: Super nice for people that arent aware of this, and seems to be a neat techchase option as well. If there was any doubt about Dracs being our go-to counterpick before, it most definetly is now.
         On a similar note, using Down Grab to catch people on a platform below potenntially is also a thing - at least on tall characters such as :zerosuitsamus: and the like. This works on the 3rd layout on Chibi Castle (reverse Battlefield aka Rainbow Route), and maybe on other stages as well. A big maybe though.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 am

he feels more heavier than 0.9b IMO

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:30 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy

Quote:
"Wow, it hits hard!"

>doesn't kill at 130% with no DI. comparable to knee? ha.

Quote:
"He has satisfying combos"

>4 hit combos at low percents

Quote:
"blood-pumping speed"

>practically the same dash speed as bowser

:thinking:

chibi doesn't hit hard enough for how much of a glass cannon he is.
being both a lightweight and a fastfaller means that the cast can combo him easily and kill him early.
meanwhile he has both mediocre combos and struggles to kill.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Jammy wrote:
[ Image ]

Quote:
"Wow, it hits hard!"

>doesn't kill at 130% with no DI. comparable to knee? ha.
https://gfycat.com/AnotherMellowBrahmancow

Quote:
"He has satisfying combos"

>4 hit combos at low percents
That maybe the case with you - not to players who actually know how to play as Chibi

Quote:
"blood-pumping speed"

>practically the same dash speed as bowser

:thinking:

chibi doesn't hit hard enough for how much of a glass cannon he is.
He does, for example, his down-smash sweetspot can kill Jigglypuff at 39%, 40-50% for light characters, 70-80% for medium and a whooping 100% for some fast fallers. His down-air is probably the best offstage move, able to meteor at around 33%. Good against recoveries.d

being both a lightweight and a fastfaller means that the cast can combo him easily and kill him early.
meanwhile he has both mediocre combos and struggles to kill.
Again, utilizing combos are hard, once you master your custom combos, you shouldn't have a problem with killing. The ability to analyze every move is rare these days, I suppose.

I might add that his u-air is kind of janked, it should come out smoother.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:05 pm
BR Member

Im actually with Jammy on this one (shocking, I know). In 0.9b, Chibi was a zoner with a few grappler aspects that could kill you at 90% if you DIed the wrong way. Beta Chibi has a much better neutral thanks to buffs to Blaster and higher Bair damage output, along with a faster DTilt, a bettter Jab1 and a few other buffs, but he severely lost KO power. In 0.9b I either had to kill opponents till roughly 130% or I knew it would take another 70% at least to take the stock - classic Marth Syndrome. Beta Chibi has more consistent kill power (mainly thanks to UTilt, and people dont know how to DI BThrow anymore, which also is kinda nice I guess?), but it is notably weaker to the point that I rarely take stocks before 150% anymore, on midweights I might add. Edgeguarding is a must for Chibi now, but you arent always getting 4 early stocks with simply putting the opponent offstage. DSmash is a monster now, but hitting it in the first place requires a very situational setup that is 100% reliant on your opponent messing up. It works, but its far from reliable. Uair having a KB buff really would help in that department, especially because its relatively easy to combo into. Thats the one thing why Im not spamming DMs at every dev to put tweezers back in :chibirobo: I mean, if you advertise it as the Plug of Justice thats even with the Knee you gotta deliver on that and not just make it kill about 80% later.

Low percent combos still work the same. Fairtrain still works, UTilt is still dope at low %, DTilt is somehow even better now, DTilt Dair is better now, the list goes on. We still dont have much going at high percents going (yet), thats where I agree with Jammy as well.

On another note, could we get a bigger horizontal hitbox on USmash? 0.9b USmash was busted, no doubt, but now it has so little range to the sides I cannot use it to catch landings to the extent I did in 0.9b (or at all tbh, it barely covers the animation now), and catching landings is one of Chibis biggest strengths as of now. If I have to rely on FSmash just because my anti-air move thats designed to catch landings doesnt actually do its job thats kind of an issue :chibirobo: Not asking for much, but some extra hitboxes would be incredibly useful.

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:12 pm
BR Member

@nasadude whoever you are

first of all, gtfo with your "ability to analyse moves" s***. you're definitely not good enough to be chatting pretentious s***.

ik longer combos are possible, just that chibi hasn't really got anything reliable other than at low %.
at mid-high %, all aerials other than fair stop comboing, utilt stops comboing, so basically all you have is fair, which may also not combo depending on what hitbox/DI you get.
this is obviously excluding fastfallers cause just about everything will combo on them.

therefore you end up fishing for a grab, which has semi-decent kill confirms, again, dependent on DI and your ability to read the opponent. not consistent.
OR you play the pokey aerial game until about 130% when you can kill them with an edgeguard or utilt.

dsmash is situational and depends on either a missed tech or a hard tech read. chibi doesn't have a great way to get a knockdown without a dthrow->dair on most characters.

my chibi would whoop you, see me online boy :pikachu:

Youtube         Twitch

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:26 am

Jammy wrote:
@nasadude whoever you are

first of all, gtfo with your "ability to analyse moves" s***. you're definitely not good enough to be chatting pretentious s***.

ik longer combos are possible, just that chibi hasn't really got anything reliable other than at low %.
at mid-high %, all aerials other than fair stop comboing, utilt stops comboing, so basically all you have is fair, which may also not combo depending on what hitbox/DI you get.
this is obviously excluding fastfallers cause just about everything will combo on them.

therefore you end up fishing for a grab, which has semi-decent kill confirms, again, dependent on DI and your ability to read the opponent. not consistent.
OR you play the pokey aerial game until about 130% when you can kill them with an edgeguard or utilt.

dsmash is situational and depends on either a missed tech or a hard tech read. chibi doesn't have a great way to get a knockdown without a dthrow->dair on most characters.

my chibi would whoop you, see me online boy :pikachu:

W-wow. I know I often speak in a sarcastic way but I didn't know you were going to hurt your precious little feelings in the process. If you had little faith in yourself, you would've retaliated like a mature person along with a point, yet you resorted to insulting me. Funny enough, you DO know me, it's just that I've changed my name. I'll let you figure it out on your own, if you can. :pikachu:

Again, wow. You are a guy who judges a person based on their words and looks, it seems. I can't judge you yet, considering it's been a while since we played, I hope you think the same as of now.

Nothing reliable at high percentages? Try neutral special then execute a kill move. Don't spam fair, down-air can be comboed into itself and techchased, even then, you have plenty of moves to finish a combo. Neutral-air is harder to connect but it still can be comboed into fair or up-air depending on DI.

Sure, Down-smash is situational but you can connect D-smash after using d-air. The buffer system also made C-sticks work significantly better. Techchase is still a thing, you know.

Btw, using Up-special after executing a combo is a great way to K.O. your opponent at high percentage - of course, it is hard and only the last hit consists of good knockback.

Oh, you want a Chibi ditto? Sure, I am down for it. Be sure to bring your confidence along with you every time.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:15 pm
BR Member

if you were any good at "analysing moves" you'd know that blaster doesn't even true combo into jab, let alone any kill moves.

good luck getting a raw dair in neutral at any percent, let alone high percent. even if you do get one, they can tech it.

regarding upB, I'd class this as a "semi-decent kill confirm" at best, killing at roughly 85% versus midweights.
you have to start the move directly underneath them for it to have any chance of connecting all hits, making it even more situational.

it's also a bit of a gimmick, as DI/SDI to either side usually means this combo won't work due to the multi-hit nature of upB, so it's probably not gonna work unless your opponent is inexperienced or is using a large character.

honestly you don't really know what you're talking about and are stating anecdotal evidence as fact.

also if you're too scared to use your real username don't @ me, I have nothing to prove from whooping randoms.

Youtube         Twitch

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:38 am
 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next