The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sachamel wrote:
Yeah I was just kidding. It wouldn't make his recovery that much better either, just help mix it up and gain more options.

Adding to the "let neutral b be aimed upwards in the air", I'd say letting the Chibi-Blaster to be aimed downards while in the ground too would be nice, mostly useful for attacking recovering opponents.

Just SH down angle for that, in every other case aiming downward while on the ground would do nothing so it wouldn't be time well spent imo. Aiming upwards while midair would be more useful.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:34 pm
BR Member

Aiming downward on the ground is no bueno lol. Too easymode for the edgeguards bruh.

Upward shot in the air tho, thats wussup. I want to snipe off homing attacks plz.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:54 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Just SH down angle for that, in every other case aiming downward while on the ground would do nothing so it wouldn't be time well spent imo. Aiming upwards while midair would be more useful.

But you will just shoot a single shot that doesn't do much, I want to snipe and keep sniping yo. Tho it may make it too easy as Fedora says, still won't know unless it's tested.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:20 pm
BR Member

What makes jumping upward shots fine is the fact that you can only shoot one before having to go through the whole process again, on top of a significantly small chance of this actually killing you. If you can spam down over the ledge or a platform you basically has a completely BS and very unbalanced edgeguarding tool, and anyone trying to recover low is basically screwed. I like chibi and I want to see some elements of his buffed, but if that were to happen I'd feel like a jackass for picking him lol.

in othernews

Jab reset with neutral b into grab is awesomesauce. use it if you can lol.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:22 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sachamel wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:

But you will just shoot a single shot that doesn't do much, I want to snipe and keep sniping yo. Tho it may make it too easy as Fedora says, still won't know unless it's tested.

One snipe can put them below the stage, then you just gotta dair. So he doesn't need to be able to drag his opponent all the way down lol.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:30 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Chibi would have at least 60:40 Matchups with all multi-jump characters since he'd be able to flinch them out of their jumps and force them to rely on their mediocre up specials. Except maybe metaknight since his side and down spec can cover vertical distance pretty safely.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:46 pm
YIM

Yeah you're right guys, was a bad idea haha.

So I've been playing him quite a lot lately and don't think he's as bad as many have said. All of his aerials are almost lagless on landing and most really fast with disjoints, helping space quite well. Neutral special is a really nice projectile and his mobility is good enough that you can move fast but easily control what you want to do and where you wanna go.

Not saying he's top tier but deffinately not low tier as some have labeled him. Would love to hear some other thoughts on this though.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:19 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
imo his big issue is that his moves dont flow into each other so you can put in all the work you want but all of his best moves put the opponents in his blind spot in the upward diagonal corners

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:27 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Sachamel wrote:
Yeah you're right guys, was a bad idea haha.

So I've been playing him quite a lot lately and don't think he's as bad as many have said. All of his aerials are almost lagless on landing and most really fast with disjoints, helping space quite well. Neutral special is a really nice projectile and his mobility is good enough that you can move fast but easily control what you want to do and where you wanna go.

Not saying he's top tier but deffinately not low tier as some have labeled him. Would love to hear some other thoughts on this though.

I think he's low tier, but that's just my opinion. Mainly because while his aerials have minimal landing lag they're all slow on startup and require a precise spacing which is harder due to his fast fall speed. His fastest aerial Nair has that dumb diagnol hitbox. He also has a weird ime(to me) getting his opponents in the air since his utilt/smash are slow and his uthrow is weak and can't be relied on at low %. Speaking of utilt his tilts are short and laggy. His ground game leaves alot to be desired outside of his great grab game, which is counteracted by his weak throw game.

Also I think his neutral spec would be better if it was one kinda strong shot instead of alot of weak shots.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 am
YIM
BR Member

Dont underestimate the weak shots bro.

Ground game needs a buff tho.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:45 am

[TSON] wrote:
imo his big issue is that his moves dont flow into each other so you can put in all the work you want but all of his best moves put the opponents in his blind spot in the upward diagonal corners

That's true, but some moves can be chained together. Nair and Fair combo into themselves at mid-low percents, pretty sure down tilt can combo into many things and specially, sourspotted dash attack at high percents can combo into upair (which means death of course). Not saying his combo game is good, but he can rack some damage, retreat and come back for more, considering his good speed.

@Shine!
As you said he has Nair as a fast aerial, but also Fair which starts hitting almost as soon as the spoon pops out. Also Nair weird hitboxes is just a matter of getting used to them.
His upthrow is deffinately not good at all, downthrow is a way better option IMO. Tilts aren't that slow too except for up-tilt, but could use a bit of better range (I still believe d-tilt is good as is tho but everyone complains haha). I agree smashes too situational (the best one being the upwards one).
Also nooo, don't change the Chibi-Blaster!!

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:39 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Thinking of picking up this character. Anyone have enough data to tell me some of CRobo's Match-Ups?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 pm

all i can tell you is that d-throw is a guaranteed back-aerial that kills reliably at 120 percent.

not much more of interest, and no, i dont know about his matchups, he seems too... hum... inconsistent, to say.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 pm
BR Member

Just spam fair :3

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:48 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Just spam fair :3

F-Air is pretty good from what I've seen. B-Air and D-Air seem to be good moves too. I just wish someone could tell me any Match-Ups CRobo wins or has trouble with. :P
I'm assuming DK is one of his bad MUs.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:58 pm
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next