The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:19 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
Site Moderator

After ignoring any request to partner up and meandering the halls for quite some time, Maximilian eventually decided that he had to do something productive but after 'fierce' deliberation he simply jaunted over to the library, procured a book, found a corner to throw himself into, and fell asleep.

"What's the harm?" he gently yawned to himself. "Nothings going on anyway..."

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Miss Rachel's note was quite the bombshell. But orders were orders, so Alice would have to hold off on freaking out until after the meeting. Besides, she wasn't completely on her own.
"I hate to pawn my responsibilities off on you two," She said to Adi and Li apologetically, "But could you please take the regulars down into the s**** for training? Work them however you see fit." The senior gave Adi a more stern look. "Just make sure you don't break anyone's bones or give them heart failure. We will join you shortly."
She stood up from her seat and observed the conscripts. Looking down at the letter from Rachel she called out a list of students.
"Gregory, Tsubaki, Dominic, Damian, Lotus, Fiona, and Daniel, please join me up front. The rest of you, follow Adi and Li." Hopefully none of them could hear the nervousness in her voice.

Daniel carefully listened to what was happening in the room. s****? Training? Just what kind of club was this? The tall girl from before seemed to be in charge, as she gave orders from the front of the room. How can she be so confident? The mere thought of being in front of everyone made his legs feel like jelly. A half dozen students were called up, including him, which made his stomach drop. The transfer student tried his best to be as inconspicuous as possible when getting out of his seat, and slowly stepped through the aisles to the front. The anxiety was overwhelming, but he couldn't help but feel a touch of excitement at the hope that this club might have the answers he was looking for.
"This is Daniel, uhh, reporting for duty, miss?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus turned slightly to see what the tall girl was yelling about. "Is this about that strange club?" she asked. She walked over to the girl and noticed a boy as he basically stood at attention. Lotus chuckled at him. " Hi! I'm Lotus." she said with a smile as she extended her hand toward the girl.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Logan appeared in the meeting room, finishing off the remnants of a sub sandwich, just in time to hear Alices orders. He wasn't entirely sure what he'd missed, but it shouldn't have been much. Though he was a bit disappointed he wouldn't get to spend some time with Gregory or the newcomers, he followed Adi and the other regulars compliantly. He was eager to get some practice in with his shiny new claymore.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
It seemed while Miss Rachel was away, Alice had been appointed leader, which was to be expected. With the orders given by Alice, Li got a called Sir William. "Sir William, the s**** please," he said. "Don't be alarmed by this," Li told the newcomers. Following a click, the door leading to the s**** disguised by the bookshelf opened, revealing the passageway down.

Dom watched Logan enter the room, much to his surprise. What was he capable of? That's probably why he knew exactly where this club met. Dom was just staring at him wondering what he could do when suddenly he heard his name get called. It seemed the blonde girl who he guessed was in her 4th year was in charge. Not only was it his name, but a group of others that got called up to the front. Without much other thought, Dom got up a reported to the girl.

"Domnic," he simply said, waiting for further instruction.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
"You'll find out pretty soon," He said to Damian. At first, he was going to tell him, but he was interrupted by Alice's instructions, "I wonder what your Arte is..." Johnathan decided to leave it at that. Now it was time for a group practice. The first time he didn't participate the first time because he didn't know what his arte was or didn't possess his billhooks at the time. But this time, he was ready. He got up and nodded towards Damian, the person who is in the same boat Johnathan was, and followed Li, who stood by an already open passageway.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Lotus jumped when a bookshelf moved revealing a door. She became really intrigued by the door as she rushed in.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Left by the two boys, Tsubaki's confedence quickly fled from her. She had listened to Logan's instructions, but with all the movement of everyone going to lunch or elsewhere Tsubaki quickly became lost in the new school. Alone and on the verge of tears, she just barely noticed Logan going into a room, that was not the lunch hall. She desided to follow him, hoping that he was headed into the right room, and not off on a personal quest, to the restroom.

She entered the room half a minute after Logan, so rightly she had missed the instructions given. Not to get into anyone's way she slided to the left and stood by the door.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Bored out of his skull. Only such a phrase was sufficient to describe the immeasurable apathy August felt after attending the latest in a long series of pointless drama classes. Miming Shakespeare, for crying out loud. What kind of scholarly establishment made this kind of thing mandatory? If not for the incredibly comfortable theater chairs, this class would long ago have earned a place on the boy's growing list of classes not worth attending. Cooking classes were not much better. Chef Lorraine was still going over kitchen basics, safety measures that August not only already knew, but more often than not chose to ignore. An utter waste of time.

Despite his lackluster daytime schedule, however, the past two weeks had been rather fruitful for the young Krol. Development of his newfound powers had become an obsession. All of his free time, and much of what he should have been spending in class, was dedicated to refining his control of the open flame. Progress was evident. Fire vanished at his whim, flames grew and moved by his hand. Soon, they would dance for him, their master. It was only a matter of time. Then, he would have no need for Miss Rachel or any of her sorry pupils. He would slay those dirty ghouls by himself. Perhaps even become the greatest hunter of all time. The thought was a delicious one, and the youth savoured it at he strolled through the hall at a leisurely pace.

The sight of three girls walking together snapped him out of his reverie, reminding him of a hobby that he had not yet made time for, occupied as he had been since his arrival at the school. With narry a missed beat, he altered course, on their scent like a hunting dog on that of fresh game. Before long, he realized that the trio was leading him down an all-too-familiar hallway, one that he had intended to avoid this afternoon. So, the three of them were destined to be more pawns in the hand of Lady Dawn? If their reaction to that news was to be anything like his own, that in and of itself would be worth the price of sitting through another dull meeting.

The reunion was already underway by the time August arrived. Not one to mind tardiness, he popped the door open, asked rather loudly; “Hey peeps. What have I missed of your undoubtedly fascinating discussion?”

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
As Johnathan and others were instructed to leave Damian was called up along with other new kids. He mumbled lowly "Oh what now?" And stood up walking to stand with the other kids, in the room a bookshelf opened revealing a door that the others went through. Damian thought to himself *Oh good this place isn't what it seems, what a amazing idea coming here* and awaited further instructions.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 pm
Site Moderator

Fiona

Fiona slowed down so Lotus could catch up. The rest of the walk was full of silence. She was about to take a seat before her name, along with a couple others were picked. Hearing Lotus's name along with hers, she assumed it was for the new members. She didn't catch the rest, except for "training". What were they gonna do? She cautionly stood with the rest, and was equally surprised like most at the bookshelf opening. "How spooky," she flatly said, looking at the new passsage. "So uh, what exactly did I join?" she asked, having a questioning look on her face.

Gregory

He wasn't alarmed by the bookshelf opening; He had been here before. He was probably taken there again for a reminder as he hadn't visited much, even in his first year. The reactions of the newcomers were varied he noticed. One was curious about the club, some were exciting on whatever was going to happen, and he was just tired and didn't show any reaction. Someone else entered the club room, seemingly reluctant about being there. "Are you new here? If so, you should join this group then." he gestured to the girl to come over.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:59 am

Currently Playing: The Game
It stung a bit that he was preemptively forbidden to " break anyone's bones or give them heart failure". He didn't know why she would be so opposed to it when the more they bled in peace the less they bled in war. Adi gestured for Li to go on ahead as junior Krol burst in to the room.

"Junior Krol, how nice of you to join us," he looked at the clock in the room in an overt manner, "Would you like to come with me for a moment?"

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 am
Site Admin

Quickly eating the prepared sandwich and fruit that was in this particular take away lunch from the cafeteria, Evelyn watched as the various club members entered. Surprisingly there was a bulk of members who had decided to join today; they looked weak. She could feel the various auras surrounding the group, a potent c*** of energies each dedicated to various different artes.

As the bookshelf slid out from the back wall, revealing the steps into the heart of the s****, Evelyn got up from her seat and followed the others down the long flight of steps. Had it just been the regulars attending the club, she would've flown down the stairs, but she didn't feel comfortable revealing what she could do to these...strangers. After a considerable distance her feet left the ground and she flew down the rest of the stairs ahead of the group hovering in place with her legs crossed.

"So what do you have planned for us today?" she inquired.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 am

Waifu: I'm married
The new students all complied and gathered in front of her, save one, who seemed to have decided to dye her hair white. The girl in question charged down the stairs, accomplishing what Alice had previously thought was impossible; being more childish and impulsive than Phora. She was glad problem children tended to make themselves apparent immediately. Raising an eyebrow at Adi and Li her own immaturity got the better of her. "Well, she wasn't in your group, which means the rule about broken bones doesn't apply to her." While it would be hilarious if he took that literally, she really did hope nobody got hurt. Too much paperwork.

After a brief interruption from August, they were back to business. "Anyway. Some of you probably guessed why you're here. Those of you who haven't... It would be better just to show you." As if on cue, Sir William's ghostly form simmered to life next to her.

"My, my, they're showing up in flocks this year, Ms. Pearson. Is that Master Gregory I see there? If you hit one more foul ball through these windows I'll throw it back." He chuckled heartily, which was a sign that he was about to go on another spiel about how the 1947 Arclight baseball team broke into the room to search for him, thinking he was "the ghost of Walter Johnson".

"This is Sir William," Alic began before he had a chance to resume. "You could say he's the mascot for the Supernatural Defense Unit. Our job here in the SDU is to exorcise malevolent spirits, either by destroying them or helping them find peace, all while maintaining the cover of a normal high school club. Obviously Sir William here is a ghost as well, but you can see he's anything but evil. You were all invited to join because you have a special power known as 'Omnividence', which not only allows you to see spirits but also grants access to unique abilities, which we refer to as an 'Arte'. Would you please demonstrate your Arte to the class, Gregory?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm
YIM WWW

Lotus stopped as she heard alice begin to speak. she walked back and looked at the girl and this ghost. Lotus began to freak out a little. She didn't want to believe this her father told her storys, But she didn't think they were REAL. She sat on the ground and began to mess with her white hair. She had always wondered why her hair was white. "I wonder if it has to do with my powers." she asked herself.Then she thought of her father and the last thing he said to her. It was one simple word "Dot" He said she would know what to do when the time came.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:49 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 98  Next