The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Isaac 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Isaac seems very much a character that can beat any option, but has to commit to do it. I think people will get better and better at just waiting and then forcing punishable commitments, but boy does he wreck people who rely on the strength of a few options.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
You don't sound mean. you sound inexperienced competitively.

While I agree that it is easy to underestimate SideB's uses, I also must say that it can easily be overused to the point of making you a target with a brilliant bulls-eye painted on.

And Isaac has plenty of aerial ability with Fair, Nair and Bair. You can easily use the entirety of Isaac's kit without needing another one at any particular niche move. If you have the foresight or simply follow the flow of the battle its pretty easy to determine what is most likely the best tool to use in any situation

"you sound inexperienced competitively" I will take that as an insult as to how I know Isaac very well. As I said, OFTEN. You don't have to underuse it to the point you lose a lot of spacing, and you don't have to overuse it to the point where you become prey to punishes. And by Often, I mean use it if you think it is right to use it now. His D-air can L-cancelled with gives him good momentum, plus it can follow up with a grab or a SideB command.

How am I inexperienced? I already know how he works from the day Beta was launched. It only took me 3 days to fully master him. So far, I haven't lost a single match with him. Whether my opponents are noobs or pros. Heck, this one Pit player really gave me a hard time.

There are two types of competitive. One, Normal Competitve where you simply climb up the ranks and be the best in Online Mode. Two, Tourney Competitive, where you go your way to become the best in the entire world. If you're saying number 2, then yeah. I still have much to learn about Nationals and Regionals, but I am in no way inexperienced when it comes to the normal kind of competitive. I'm not at the hardcore level yet, good thing I fought against some really good Falco and Megaman players, they're good but not at the level of the likes of Kyoz and RemPower.

I've been wanting to go competitive online, by showing how strong Isaac is. Sadly, I rarely see Isaac players. So I'm probably the sole Isaac player who runs through Online mode. Soon, I will be getting into stage 2 of competitive.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:45 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
there's a Smash 4 player named River that's putting in work as Isaac maybe look to him for guidance

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 pm

tson wrote:
there's a Smash 4 player named River that's putting in work as Isaac maybe look to him for guidance

Oh wow, thanks Tson. His matches really helped me understand Isaac a bit more better.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:59 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
You cant be seriously thinking that you completely mastered a character within the timespan of mere 3 days, are you? That is a task that is basically impossible for a godlike player practising the easiest character in the game, and I have the assumption that this description doesnt fit neither you nor :isaac: for some reason. It doesnt matter if you beat up random people online as long as you dont prove yourself with matches against well respected players that have street credit so to speak. Then you go argue with not one, but two people that are widely known and respected in the community and generally considered to be decent at the game at the very least, spouting things that literally are not correct (you cannot L-Cancel in this game for instance), and youre really just demolishing your own image. Right now you are coming off as a person who can beat his friends/random scrublords at the game and therefore has quite the ego, as offensive as that may sound. Dont be that guy who goes bragging all the time and going out of his way just to tell players well above his skill level that they are dead wrong and should be listening to him and how they are the only representative for their character and whatnot. Just dont. Rarely is such a person ever a guy everyone loves. Speaking from experience.

tl;dr ~ Get your head out of the clouds and start respecting your elders :chibirobo:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 am

TSF|Skylar wrote:
You cant be seriously thinking that you completely mastered a character within the timespan of mere 3 days, are you? That is a task that is basically impossible for a godlike player practising the easiest character in the game, and I have the assumption that this description doesnt fit neither you nor :isaac: for some reason. It doesnt matter if you beat up random people online as long as you dont prove yourself with matches against well respected players that have street credit so to speak. Then you go argue with not one, but two people that are widely known and respected in the community and generally considered to be decent at the game at the very least, spouting things that literally are not correct (you cannot L-Cancel in this game for instance), and youre really just demolishing your own image. Right now you are coming off as a person who can beat his friends/random scrublords at the game and therefore has quite the ego, as offensive as that may sound. Dont be that guy who goes bragging all the time and going out of his way just to tell players well above his skill level that they are dead wrong and should be listening to him and how they are the only representative for their character and whatnot. Just dont. Rarely is such a person ever a guy everyone loves. Speaking from experience.

tl;dr ~ Get your head out of the clouds and start respecting your elders :chibirobo:

Very well. I apologize for my stance on it. But it doesn't matter if I'm demolishing my image or not.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:25 am

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
I really hate fighting Isaac imo. A lot of Isaacs I play as use Side B a lot and it has low end lag. His Nair has a ridiculously low amount of end lag. Down Tilt lasts very long. His Up Air has very good range and is ridiculously strong. I actually think he might be the best in the game or at least top 10. He has so many tools and he doesn't seem to have many big flaws.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:32 am

I feel like Isaac struggles against fast characters with projectiles, like Falce and Mario. Side B is avoidable as long as you are far away, and he doesn't have good approach tools.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:20 pm

That's why he's classified as a Zoning character. Tails can easily edgeguard Isaac no problem especially with his DAir.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:54 pm

MGN Username: -CJ-
Currently Playing: Risk of Rain, Toribash, and of course SSF2
Waifu: Sandwiches
I think Isaac might be my new main, as kirby doesn't feel the same anymore.

But one thing kinda stands out and bugs me, I feel like Gaia should cancel projectiles, Isaac really struggles against fast moving characters with projectiles, like Fox, Falco, and Samus. If Gaia would cancel projectiles, I think Isaac would be a bit more viable. As he is, he could be mid-low tier imo, with the change he'd be solid mid tier-ish.

I think his worst matchup so far is Fox by far, Fox is fast, covers most of Isaac's options easily, reflects Side and Up special... ugh...

To all you Luigi mains (and others), come on over to Luigi's Mansion! The FA official Luigi discord: https://discord.gg/3hp8e9a

The Filthy Casuals crew discord: https://discord.gg/dVxVham
^A crew all about improvement and growth, I host tournaments at least once a month in this server^.

Speaking of tournaments! ->: https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtop ... 29&t=46713

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:29 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
-CJ- wrote:

But one thing kinda stands out and bugs me, I feel like Gaia should cancel projectiles, Isaac really struggles against fast moving characters with projectiles, like Fox, Falco, and Samus. If Gaia would cancel projectiles, I think Isaac would be a bit more viable. As he is, he could be mid-low tier imo, with the change he'd be solid mid tier-ish.

I think his worst matchup so far is Fox by far, Fox is fast, covers most of Isaac's options easily, reflects Side and Up special... ugh...

So make Gaia a wall that blocks any projectile completely?
That actually sounds interesting, I wish they would do that.

Also lol CR can actually pocket his Side and Up Special too, and G&W... can actually bucket it.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:19 am

Gudako's Insanity wrote:
-CJ- wrote:

So make Gaia a wall that blocks any projectile completely?
That actually sounds interesting, I wish they would do that.

Also lol CR can actually pocket his Side and Up Special too, and G&W... can actually bucket it.

Basically, or at least let it out prioritize a few of them. Isaac doesn't really have any tools for avoiding projectiles, and he is nearly always in a bad position against them. Letting Side-spec block projectiles would be OP, but if Gaia could, I think that would open up some cool new meta possibilites.

To all you Luigi mains (and others), come on over to Luigi's Mansion! The FA official Luigi discord: https://discord.gg/3hp8e9a

^A crew all about improvement and growth, I host tournaments at least once a month in this server^.

Speaking of tournaments! ->: https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtop ... 29&t=46713

Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:39 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Has anyone noticed how your enemy receives a LOT of knockback if hit while in the veins of Isaac's Neutral special? It's 3x knockback compared to the normal attacks. If you use any smash attack or bair, in most cases, your opponent will get KOed at medium health. It's honestly OP yet situational considering how hard it is to actually trap your opponent in Nspec. I wasn't sure to use this move until I found this feature.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:24 am

NASAPeepo wrote:
Has anyone noticed how your enemy receives a LOT of knockback if hit while in the veins of Isaac's Neutral special? It's 3x knockback compared to the normal attacks. If you use any smash attack or bair, in most cases, your opponent will get KOed at medium health. It's honestly OP yet situational considering how hard it is to actually trap your opponent in Nspec. I wasn't sure to use this move until I found this feature.

Yeah, I noticed it myself too. Jiggs, the lightest character and the slowest faller, can be ko'ed at least around 35%!

But again, it's OP'ness is hindered by the amount of startup it has.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:53 am

I dunno about ya'll, but I'm thinking that until some people start unlocking this guy's potential drastically, he's going to be mid/low tier for a while. He's a zoning character who can fit a lot of playstyles, but no matter what playstyle you have, you're gonna get hurt by anyone with a good projectile and/or reflector. Isaac is a very commital character and once he starts something, there's no good way to back out safely. While almost every one of Isaac's moves has a trap element (as in the opponent will hit you but take damage anyways, think Dtilit, Utilit, Side special, Uair, etc.), he will struggle against every character with many options like Fox, Falco, Zelda, etc. Anyone who can avoid the traps and the molasses in january speed projectiles gets a pretty easy victory. Taking advantage of new players and people who don't have much experience against Isaac will only work for so long.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:02 pm
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next