The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:56 pm

[ 12 posts ] 
Making _____ Overpowered Episode 1. (Yoshi) (SSF2 Beta) 

Attachment:
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg [ 207.92 KiB | Viewed 2409 times ]

(Yes, I did get some inspiration from MagicScrumpy's series on making certain characters in melee overpowered. But I thought of this idea before of his serie's but I never really expressed my ideas with anyone. So don't ask me about that.)

Alright So I am planning on this to maybe become a series or so. So um welcome to part 1 of "Making ___ Overpowered" where I will try to discuss a SSF2 Character from Beta on give out suggestions on how to make them overpowered. I am expecting them to be about as good as Fox or Goku and probably even more. This Episode we have Yoshi who by many so far consider to be the worst character in the game, so this may be fun. Anyways lets dive in!

Attributes: Yoshi possesses suprisingly fast falling speed which honestly really contradicts some of Yoshi's Strengths. His fast falling speed makes edge guarding a lot more commitable without using egg bombs along with Yoshi simply having a worst recovery with a faster falling speed along with him pretty much being combo-meat. So the first thing we will do is that we will make Yoshi a Floaty character. Yoshi will be around as floaty as Kirby which will overall helps Yoshi use his options. However his fast falling speed will remain the same so Yoshi can land quicker overall.

Yoshi also possesses the relatively useful double jump armor and a long jump. The double jump armor makes it a bit harder to make Yoshi get hit out of his jumps so he isn't totally screwed. So of course we will improve the double jump armor on Yoshi to the point where he won't flinch on a move as powerful as a fully Charged Charge Shot from Samus. And as an added bonus I will add an extra jump to Yoshi so now he truly has a triple jump as it will improve his recovery significantly.

Regarding his mobility, Yoshi has the 3rd worst Dash Speed in the game which really hurts his overall ground game as he cannot cover space as well. So what we will do of course is improve it to be around as fast as Sheik which will significantly improve Yoshi's Ground-Game in general. I will also increase Yoshi's Air Decelleration and Acceleration significantly allowing Yoshi to have a better overall short-hop mixups along with having much better retreating options for the green dinosaur.

And the final attribute we will give to Yoshi is for him to now have his Double-Jump Cancel work more like Melee for all of his aerials which may be useful for pressuring the opponent better. And his slnce Yoshi possesses a slower falling speed and an extra jump, he can take less risks using a double jump cancel.

Normals:

Jab(s): So what I will do to make Yoshi's Jab overall better is to make Yoshi's first jab come out a bit quicker and have Yoshi be able to react out of Jab 1 much quicker so he can follow-up rather easily. And for Jab 2 I will Increase the active frames just a little more so it matches the visuals a bit better along with Yoshi being able to react out of it quicker making the move generally safer and for it to possess just a bit more follow-up options.

Side-Tilt: Side-Tilt will have much more Base Knockback so it will serve as a great get-off me tool. Side-Tilt will also deal more damage (9% -> 13%) making it overall more rewarding.

Down-Tilt: Down-Tilt will now send opponents at an upward angle so Yoshi can make an aerial follow-up when using Down-Tilt. Down-Tilt will also deal more damage (10% -> 12%).

Up-Tilt: Up-Tilt will be reworked to work the same as 9b but with less overall endlag. Up-Tilt deals more damage as well (10% -> 13%).

Forward-Smash: Range will be Increased so it matches the visuals more. The move will have a bit more Knockback Growth making it a better kill move.

Up-Smash: Hitbox comes out earlier overall along with the Hitbox ending a bit later. Range Increased as well so it has a little more range than the visuals. The move will have a bit more Knockback Growth making it of course a better kill move as well. The move can be acted out quicker.

Down-Smash: Deals more damage 14% -> 16%. You can act out of it quicker.

Aerials:

Neutral-Air: Neutral-Air has more Range to the point where it goes a bit further than its visuals. All hits now deal 15% damage.

Forward-Aerial: Forward-Aerial deals more damage, 11% -> 16%. The move is 20% faster along with Yoshi being able to cancel the move mid-way.

Back-Aerial: Back-Aerial's non-final hits now send opponents at an auto-link angle which makes the move automatically connect.

Up-Aerial: Up-Aerial deals more damage (10% -> 14%). And most notably Yoshi will be able to kill with Up-Aerial now at 110% on Medium-Weights near the ground. Coupled with the fact that you can do some double jump cancelling techniques, you shouldn't have a hard time landing this move.

Down-Aerial: Down-Aerial has more overall range. Down-Aerial will also have less landing lag in general. With the changes Yoshi receives with the falling speed and range, a shorthop Down-Aerial should be able to hit the opponent with all hits if you do not Fastfall.

Grab:

Grab/Dash Grab: Yoshi's grab and dash grab is 25% overall quicker along with Yoshi again being able to act out of it quicker. One major buff to his grab will be how the grab-box comes out when Yoshi's tongue is visible along with the grab-box ending when his tongue disappears. It'll making approaching Yoshi while using his grab overall harder in general.

Down-Throw: His Down-Throw Animation is 30% quicker. But the throw in general will be adjusted to basically be Melee Sheik's Down-Throw so that coupled with his insane grab/dash grab will pretty much be chain grabs for days.

Forward-Throw: I'd probably change nothing since there probably won't be much use for this move either way.

Back-Throw: This will be Yoshi's Kill-Throw which will kill middle-weights near the ledge at around 125% or so. Yoshi's amazing grab range and such allows for this to be an overall convenient kill-throw.

Up-Throw: Knockback will be adjusted (Especially Knockback Growth) so it will become a 50/50 Up-Air Kill Confirm to help make Up-Air more prominent especially with the kill power buffs..

Specials:

Neutral-B: Yoshi's command grab-box will work the same as Grab/Dash-Grab so the Tongue will be an active grab-box the whole entire time. Neutral-B will have the opponent locked in the egg 3x longer. You can tap Neutral-B again to have the Egg crack manually allowing for some consistent Followups.

Side-B: Hitbox will be adjusted to match the visuals. The move is faster on the ground along with Side-B in the air moving Horizontally mostly while going very slightly down instead of mainly making Yoshi going down mostly with a lack of Horizontal distance making it a decent recovery option. But what will make it amazing will be the fact that the ground and air version will be able to Jump-Cancel Mid-Way. The Ground Version of Side-B can be cancelled into a Ground-Move once the special button is inputted. Yoshi's Egg thingy now takes 2 hits similar to Ryu's Focus Attack and Yoshi cannot be grabbed out of it.

Up-B: Yoshi jumps a bit higher from this move. The projectile from Up-B will now have more range to match the Visuals. the Up-B projectile will also stun the opponent for a short period of time when it hits along for more follow-ups.

Down-B: Down-B now works so the beginning of the move has a hitbox that connects to the final Yoshi Bomb hit. The star hitbox of Down-B stuns the opponent for a moderate amount of time so Yoshi can go for some setups. The other Hitbox for Down-B has more Knockback Growth making it a more potent kill move.

Overall: Yoshi now has fantastic ground options thanks to Side-B which may give him one of the best Approach options in the game that pretty much rewards Yoshi in any situation along with Yoshi having fantastic Air and Ground Mobility. Yoshi has a fantastic Aerial game with many overall follow-ups along with having a lot of kill options off of many follow-ups. He has a pretty stellar grab-game along with having a great chain-grab for racking up damage quick. That and so much more makes him "Tastefully Overpowered". I wouldn't call him to be quite as good as a Brawl Minus Character but he does fit the bill as an "Overpowered" character.

Anyways that is the end of this thread. Tell me in the comments some more suggestions for Yoshi along with who should I do next (Only characters I will not be doing is Fox, Falco, and Goku since there won't be a lot of overall changes needed to make them overpowered. Also of course no characters I have done either previously or on the thread for obvious reasons.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
magicscrumpy pls get out of my western-smash bros for flash i don't want you
[/sarcasm]

Anyways I'm pretty interested in this series.
Pls make Chibi Robo OP next

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Gudako's Insanity wrote:
magicscrumpy pls get out of my western-smash bros for flash i don't want you
[/sarcasm]

Anyways I'm pretty interested in this series.

Oh I know how to make Chibi Robo OP.

hehehe... hehehAhAhAHAHA! HEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *Evil Laughter*.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:22 am

Y-Yeah, I'm leaving that to you.
Sumanai, must go now.

*sniff*

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:54 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
All of these changes and Yoshi Bomb still doesnt kill...

I gotta say I like the concept behind this idea though. If youre actually doing Chibi next feel free to hit me up, I got alot of ideas :chibirobo:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
4/10

Didn't include Napalm Eggs nor Yoshi Foot from Brawl-

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 am

TSF|Skylar wrote:
All of these changes and Yoshi Bomb still doesnt kill...

I gotta say I like the concept behind this idea though. If youre actually doing Chibi next feel free to hit me up, I got alot of ideas :chibirobo:

"The other Hitbox for Down-B has more Knockback Growth making it a more potent kill move."

Actually I should of worded it better since I was referring to the hitbox on Yoshi's Bum you know... the one that kills.

Jan_Solo wrote:
4/10

Didn't include Napalm Eggs nor Yoshi Foot from Brawl-

If I did then I may be sued ;)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:23 am

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
So this is like a more serious version of "Terrible Ideas for Beta"

I'd like to see one for :blackmage:

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Ravin_Raven wrote:
So this is like a more serious version of "Terrible Ideas for Beta"

I'd like to see one for :blackmage:

I wouldn't call it "more serious" but rather "Multiple stupid ideas for one character". So far chibirobo and black age are tied for most requested. Aka 2 votes each. (Someone PM'd me to do black mate)

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:41 pm

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Make Black Mage...

I'd like to see a Making X character viable series.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:41 pm

MGN Username: snidbert63
Currently Playing: in a sandbox
Waifu: Weird Al Yankovic
Gudako's Insanity wrote:

20CR is coming. :chibirobo: :chibirobo: :chibirobo: :chibirobo:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

snidbert64 wrote:
Gudako's Insanity wrote:

20CR is coming. :chibirobo: :chibirobo: :chibirobo: :chibirobo:

It was already here.
It was even before SSF1 was released.
It already existed before we even knew it.

*sniff*

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 pm
 [ 12 posts ]