The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 am

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SSF2 "Adventure Mode" Speculation 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Dude, I understand you, no need to go caps on me. I didnt say that it should be easy. I just said that adding both ways - hard via reach xy in yx and make it easy via Adventure Mode - would propably the best way, as you can choose which way you want do do. Hard for the veterans/guys that like it more this way and easy for the worse players/the ones who just want to unlock them all quickly. What is so wrong with that?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:30 pm

MGN Username: Sonybubblemint
Currently Playing: Sff2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Zelda Twilight Princess and Devil May Cry 3
Nothing, I guess I just misunderstoodI did not mean to come off as rude. Srry... :sweat:

Training: Kirby

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:24 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Ok then, its fine. No need to worry ;)

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:44 am

Currently Playing: Sff2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Zelda Twilight Princess and Devil May Cry 3
ONe thing I have been wondering about is what Bosses the adventure mode might have( if it even has bosses). I just pray and hope that none of them are mcleodgaming original characters. I also hope that not all of the bosses are characters from the roster, most of course but not all. I think the anti-heros from the games would make sense, such as sasuke, vegeta or riku. The only problem with that is they would have to make whole new sprites and movesets. I think the characters from the roster being the bosses is most likely, I just hope they have other bosses to. Maybe you coul fight SS goku who never changes form or something, even that would satisfy me

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:11 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
I'm sure roster characters will only serve up as opponents. Brawl never had roster characters are bosses.
I think you're misunderstaing the concept of bosses:
They're pretty much what you saw on Brawl, big enemies that have a lot more stamina and are way harder to defeat than your average minion.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:31 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
With all the color palettes G%W has, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a "Multi-Yoshi section"-esque level where loads of G&W CPUs fight you.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Shiver star, I do misunderstand a lot of things now don't I? :xd: Well I guess I was misusing the term "boss" as far as smash titles go. What I mean't was any enimies that are not total scrubs like koopa troopas and goombas, like the roster characters you end up fighting in both Melee and Brawl's adventure. Also making "bosses" like in brawl would be a pain for the devs to make, so I guess there will probably be a lack of those...

What about diolauge, the devs said it would be a "Story mode" and you can't have that great of a story if none of the characters talk, or only grunt like in Brawl. So is SSF2's diolauge gonna be like Brawl's(basically nothing) or Text-Boxes? I'm hoping for the ladder, plus voice-acting would suck.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Sonybubblemint wrote:
Shiver star, I do misunderstand a lot of things now don't I? :xd: Well I guess I was misusing the term "boss" as far as smash titles go. What I mean't was any enimies that are not total scrubs like koopa troopas and goombas, like the roster characters you end up fighting in both Melee and Brawl's adventure. Also making "bosses" like in brawl would be a pain for the devs to make, so I guess there will probably be a lack of those...

What about diolauge, the devs said it would be a "Story mode" and you can't have that great of a story if none of the characters talk, or only grunt like in Brawl. So is SSF2's diolauge gonna be like Brawl's(basically nothing) or Text-Boxes? I'm hoping for the ladder, plus voice-acting would suck.

According to the F.A.Q, it seems that characters aren't going to be able to climb up ladders. Sorry

Gotcha. Jokes aside, I honestly liked Brawl's lack of Dialogue. Mostly because it was written by Kazushige Nojima himself, writer of most Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games.
I honestly don't think Dialogue texts would be that comfortable to work with. Ever played any RPG? If you had, then you must know that Dialogue boxes are pretty annoying, and often restrict the player from playing.
Also, the Sonic series in other to be "hip" (which it never really got) did rely heavily on complex stories and dialogues, and we know how it ended (Sega being moving to the Mobile games department)
I'd prefer SSF2 to be a silent story, because I think it would be easier for Devs to work that way.
Tough, I'd be okay if the game used dialogue. As long as the story never gets "so bad it's good".
I'm sure I'm gonna get warned for this signature trick...

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Some times text-boxes do get out of hand I just don't want brawl's lack of storyline. I at least want to know what's happening. The lack of storyline actually suprises me because kingdom hearts has my favorite storyline and yet brawl is kinda down there.

What might be kinda cool is the possibility of going through the story mode differently depending on the character you chose. Maybe with a setup like in DBZ Raging Blast 2 but with more storyline and character connection. I feel it could have potential to work with smash games.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Sonybubblemint wrote:
Some times text-boxes do get out of hand I just don't want brawl's lack of storyline. I at least want to know what's happening. The lack of storyline actually suprises me because kingdom hearts has my favorite storyline and yet brawl is kinda down there.

Excuse me sir, Brawl had a complete storyline. Anything with a full story has a storyline, good or not, it had it. What Brawl lacked was a Narrative, which is completely different from a storyline. (Narrative is basically a story that relies heavily on dialogue, while a storyline is the smooth sequence of actions within a story)

Sonybubblemint wrote:
What might be kinda cool is the possibility of going through the story mode differently depending on the character you chose. Maybe with a setup like in DBZ Raging Blast 2 but with more storyline and character connection. I feel it could have potential to work with smash games.

The concept of the Smash Bros series is basically about a universe whose inhabitants are trophies that come to life after being activated (as evidenced with all Smash bros intros except for the Wii U version).
So basically, Smash Bros isn't like other crossovers (Marvel vs Capcom, etc) so giving each character a full story to work with would make it feel just like a Street Fighter clone (storywise, of course).
It's also completely difficult to give different stories to multiple characters in a single project (trust me, I know from experience), so I'm sure Devs would have lots of trouble to make each story variation uninque to each other.
Sometimes making things simple and clean it's better than make it complex and full of plotholes.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:41 pm

MGN Username: ProLuigi
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Demo v0.9b, Pokemon Moon
I wouldn't exactly speculate anything until they announce an adventure mode.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Shiver-Star wrote:
Sometimes making things simple and clean is better than making it complex and full of plotholes.

Yes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeXLA1NU4Fc

But in all seriousNESS (LOL) I see your point that Brawl has a lack of narrative, not lack of storyline. But all together I do still think that SSF2 should have, more. I actually think that a lot of Brawl's main plot is decent, it's just the beauty within it is to well hidden. For SSF2 it needs to be a bit more obvious. I actually recently gained a lot more respect for Brawl's story do to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_2OPd25FOw But you have to think about it a bit too hard in order to find the beauty in the plot. Plus I never said that it should be a complex timeline(SSF2) I just said that it should have more narrative, this would make the true plot more obvious but would not be enough for you to miss sleep over. Trust me I got picky about complex storylines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjpAqXNUUM8

Any speculation you might want to propose? :?:

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:48 pm

My speculation? A City Escape based level.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:39 am

I would like for City Escape to be in however there comes the problem of that truck as it's one of the most important parts of the stage and I find that it would be difficult to pull off in a smash world but I really like the idea of actually having places from the games in the world instead of how brawl made up it's own places.

I do see Green Forest as a possibility in the game where if Shadow is in the game Sonic could fight him there also with the whole countdown system it had in the original source if transferred over to super smash flash 2 could make it an interesting get out of there quick place adding more feel to the threat. Brawl did have threats but they did not have any real feel to them as they were solved in cutscenes and there was never really any rush.

I think that there will be a Mario 64 kind of place and personally I would like something like dire docks or that snow mountain.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:18 pm

A city escape level seems likely. Obviously the devs like sonic, look at all the sonic inspired characters. Using this logic I bet that they'll have some sort of anime levels, maybe a mountain area like from DBZ. What other levels might they have? Maybe a level based off of castle oblivion. That's more of a dream than reality though...

Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:19 pm
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next