The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:14 pm

[ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Friday Night Album Listenalongs (Daft Punk 9/25) 
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Tonight's the night! We're live in two hours! be sure to come join us!

Fri May 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
I'll try to make it but I'm about to go out to eat

Fri May 29, 2015 5:44 pm
Site Moderator

We're live! https://plug.dj/mg-listenalongs

Fri May 29, 2015 6:17 pm
Site Moderator

Good turnout last night guys, thanks for popping in.

Next week we have an essential middleschoolcore classic:

This week's album:
The Black Parade
My Chemical Romance
Alternative rock/pop-punk

The Black Parade is the third studio album by American rock band My Chemical Romance. Released
on October 24, 2006 through Reprise Records, it was produced by Rob Cavallo, known for having
produced multiple albums for Goo Goo Dolls and Green Day. It is a rock opera centering on a dying
character with cancer known as "The Patient". The album tells the story of his apparent death,
experiences in the afterlife, and subsequent reflections on his life.

The Black Parade has received generally favorable reviews, and the band achieved its first Number
1 single in the UK with "Welcome to the Black Parade". The Black Parade has sold 1,610,000 copies
in the US as of October 2010, and has sold 3,000,000 copies worldwide.

Sat May 30, 2015 9:26 am
Site Moderator

Did I just attract a bot

Also I'm really amused it changed "I Don't Love You" to "I Do not Love You"

Sat May 30, 2015 1:30 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
i can make this one too. two in a row!

Sun May 31, 2015 1:31 am
Site Moderator

NICE

Sun May 31, 2015 11:04 am
Site Moderator

Tonight's the night dogs!! Mark your calendars

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:27 pm
Site Moderator

We're starting! Album starts in a half hour
https://plug.dj/mg-listenalongs

Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:24 pm
Site Moderator

This week's album:
American Idiot
Green Day
Alternative rock/pop-punk

American Idiot is the seventh studio album by the American punk rock band Green Day. The album
was produced by longtime collaborator Rob Cavallo. In mid-2003, the band began recording songs
for an album titled Cigarettes and Valentines, but the master tracks were stolen, and the band
decided to start recording a new album rather than re-record Cigarettes and Valentines.

Green Day decided to produce a rock opera, inspired by the work of The Who and several musicals.
The album follows the life of Jesus of Suburbia, a character with an "antihero" image created by Billie
Joe Armstrong. Following early recording at Studio 880 in Oakland, California, the band finished the
album at Ocean Way Recording in Hollywood.

American Idiot was released by Reprise Records on September 20, 2004, in the United Kingdom and
September 21, 2004, in the United States. The album achieved success worldwide, charting in 27
countries and peaking at number one in 19 of them, including the US and the UK. Since its release,
American Idiot has sold over 15 million copies worldwide, over 6 million copies of which were in the
United States alone, including 267,000 in its opening week making it the band's second-best selling
album after Dookie. The album spawned five successful singles, including the international hits
"American Idiot", "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", "Holiday", "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and
"Jesus of Suburbia"; all of which received Platinum certification by the RIAA. American Idiot also won
the Grammy Award for Best Rock Album in 2005, making it the second of five Grammy Awards to be
won by Green Day.

I won't be able to make it to this one (although I'll listen to the album Friday if I can, to be there in spirit), so I've passed the reigns to Arthur again. If he can't make it, he'll give it to somebody who can, no worries.

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:57 pm
Site Moderator

Sorry for the delays, as some of you know I've been out of town. We will continue as usual this Friday:

This week's album:
Rust In Peace
Megadeth
Thrash metal

Rust in Peace is the fourth studio album by American thrash metal band Megadeth. It was released
on September 24, 1990 by Capitol Records and was produced by Mike Clink. Following the departure
of Jeff Young and Chuck Behler in 1989, Rust in Peace is the first album to feature guitarist Marty
Friedman and drummer Nick Menza.

Rust in Peace received universal acclaim by fans and critics, and was responsible for bringing Megadeth
to the attention of a mainstream metal audience. It has been cited as one of the best thrash metal
records of all time by publications such as Decibel and Kerrang! and listed as one of the 1001 Albums
You Must Hear Before You Die. The album was nominated for Best Metal Performance at the 33rd Grammy
Awards.

Two singles were released from the album: "Hangar 18" and "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due", which
have become staples of the band's live performances. Rust in Peace features complex musical structures
and lyrical themes such as nuclear war and UFOs.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 pm
Site Moderator

Starting late tonight because of reasons
Get in here

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:42 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
this is surprisingly pleasant so far even though im usually so ambivalent towards music like this

nice night tonight

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:35 pm
Site Moderator

I hope those of you that made it enjoyed Velvet Underground last week. I know it was rough with MG being down, but hopefully we won't have that problem again anytime soon.

This week's album:
Animals
Pink Floyd
Progressive rock

Animals is the tenth studio album by English progressive rock group Pink Floyd, released in January
1977. A concept album, it provides a scathing critique of the social-political conditions of late 1970s
Britain, and presents a marked change in musical style from their earlier work. Animals was recorded
at the band's studio, Britannia Row, in London, but its production was punctuated by the early signs
of discord that several years later would culminate in keyboardist Richard Wright leaving the band.
The album's cover image, a pig floating between two chimneys on Battersea Power Station, was
conceived by bassist and writer Roger Waters, and photographed by long-time collaborators Hipgnosis.

The album was released to generally positive reviews in the United Kingdom, where it reached number 2.
It was also a success in the United States, reaching number 3 on the Billboard 200, and although it
scored on the American charts for only six months, steady sales have resulted in its certification by the
RIAA at four times platinum. The size of the venues on the band's In the Flesh Tour, and an incident in
which Waters spat at a fan, prompted him to conceive the band's subsequent album, The Wall.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
This is a pretty good one

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
 [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next