The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
[MP] J-Stars Victory Vs [Jump Stars 3] 

Steven wrote:
They also said One Piece: Gigant Battle would be Japan only.

Yeah, and One Piece is a single series. Not a game that will feature a bunch of series (which will have been licensed in the West by different companies).

Oh well, it's on a region free platform anyway (unless they decide to pull another Persona 4 Arena), so it's not like it's a problem

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:09 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
rexos wrote:
hey if melee made it to evo then why not this game
Melee isn't Anime and is, yeah, a good game; casually and competitively.

The FGC have some unnatural dislike towards Anime fighters, even if they are a good game. Persona4A, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Melty Blood; all amazing games. Better than any Capcom Fighter out right now and they all tend to get pissed on. P4A is lucky to be at EVO this year. (Aww yeah! Prayse the gawds!)

And this technically isn't even a Fighter. It's more of an Action game (we don't know how it's going to play yet), but that type of game tends to lack competitive value.

I really wish they made it a Platform Fighter like JUS, but in 3D.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Currently Playing: ...SuperSmashFlash2?
A lot of anime fighters aren't as much of a spectator game, since most of them have a lot of complexity going on behind them.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
BOULDER DASH! That may be true on a casual level, but "when the 'eff did the Fighting Game Community stop caring about technical and complex gameplay. . ." (2008, The Fall of Kapukon and the Reign of Profound Sadness)

Besides, how could you not be turned on by watching a game this freaking amazing.
YouTube Video:

Imagine this at EVO. . . It would be more hyped than Marvel 2.

And on that note; Hokuto no Ken characters better be in this game, or Imma be pulling CAPS in asses.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Currently Playing: ...SuperSmashFlash2?
I'm not sure if you're being serious.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Waifu: You!
Zalozis Zemsis wrote:
rexos wrote:
hey if melee made it to evo then why not this game
Melee isn't Anime and is, yeah, a good game; casually and competitively.

The FGC have some unnatural dislike towards Anime fighters, even if they are a good game. Persona4A, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Melty Blood; all amazing games. Better than any Capcom Fighter out right now and they all tend to get pissed on. P4A is lucky to be at EVO this year. (Aww yeah! Prayse the gawds!)

And this technically isn't even a Fighter. It's more of an Action game (we don't know how it's going to play yet), but that type of game tends to lack competitive value.

I don't see what an American organization has to do with a game being released in other countries

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Zalozis Zemsis wrote:

They kinda already did that with Battle Stadium D.O.N. though.

Actually i think it'd be interesting if it was a 3 Dimensional plane fighter, kinda like Power Stone.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Zalozis Zemsis wrote:

Actually i think it'd be interesting if it was a 3 Dimensional plane fighter, kinda like Power Stone.

DON only had about 18 characters and 3 series.
Jump had a cool Koma system about 40 series and plenty of characters.
Also to win a battle in DON there was the dumbest system.
EDIT: Also I doubt this will have an American release weren't the last two ones japan only due to licensing issues?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey, im not saying that Jump's Koma system was bad or anything, i freaking loved it. I just figured though, it moving to 3D, it might have a different system in place as well.

Pretty much guaranteed this wont come out in America. Though you could still get it anyways, and play it using a japanese psn account.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm

THoT wrote:
I don't see what an American organization has to do with a game being released in other countries
Not it's release. Where it stands in with the FGC if it was seen as a competitively viable. Even if it wasn't released outside of Japan, it could still make an appearance at EVO on the side. (Probably wouldn't be that likely.)

Xyless wrote:
A lot of anime fighters aren't as much of a spectator game, since most of them have a lot of complexity going on behind them.
Sorry. What meant was "When did the Fighting Game Community stop caring about technical and complex gameplay?" Well, that's really a rhetorical question because the answer is obviously, Never. Too Complexity? Not spectator games? Maybe if the person watching has no idea what fighting games are about but that the average fighting game players know most fundamental between each games are similar or very general in a majority of fighter. They just might not understand some system mechanics if they never played the game. But that is not why Anime fighters are a bit outcast in the FGC. If that was true, most of the popular fighters wouldn't have as much tournament attention as they do. Anime Fighters are outcast like if they Smash Bros. games. The Smash Bros. argue is quite valid though; "Not a fighting game," but Anime is more out-casted because they don't appeal to FGC that is outside Japan. It's the same way how Marvel vs. Capcom and Mortal Kombat aren't very appealing to the Japanese/Eastern FGC. Even Street Fighter isn't that big of a deal to them anymore. They enjoy Anime Fighters far more. Those are much bigger to them. Whether the game is good or bad; casually simple, or competitively complex, that's really how it's been for a bit more than the last decade. For our side, if it's isn't Capcom (and sometimes Namco), it has a very slim chance of being of any relevance at EVO, or in the FGC in general. Games like BlazBlue and others are mention before, that most of our FGC neglects is what Japan play more. So, much as how Smash is separate and developing it's own community apart from the FGC, the American Anime Fighter community has done relatively the same.
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Zalozis Zemsis wrote:

Battle Studium wasn't that great gameplay-wise. It was like a weak attempt of mimicking Smash Bros. with Jump characters.

Jump Ultimate Star gameplay is that of a Platform Fighter which involves team building with multiple characters. There are Battle character, which are characters with full move-sets you use to actually fight. Then there's Support that assist you in the fight; either by attacking, blocking, or adding an effect to an opponent. And Help characters add a boost to the character it is equipped to, whether it is giving them the ability to double-jump, air-dash, or some other ability.

That's what made it so awesome. You could have a team and do full combos involving 4-5 characters. Its Super Smash Bros. mixed with Marvel vs. Capcom. That's the most ingenious idea in the existence of existing. It would be really great if this game had a deep system like that with just as many characters to choose from.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 pm

I know what kind of gameplay the Jump Stars games have, i played both of them to completion. Im not calling it bad or anything, i was just speculating that since its moving to 3D, it might have a different gameplay system set up, like how most games that move to 3D play differently than their 2D predecessors.

The Jump Stars games also mimicked Smash Bros to a degree, it just has the unique koma system, and health/special bars. Also, Battle Stadium is great fun if you have 4 people.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2
Probably nobody has heard this, but
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/05/15/j ... heme-park/

Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Cool for the asians and all, but that doesn't really contribute to the discussion about this game.

Enfin, kinda hoping this game will have a smaller roster then JUS. I think they might go with 1 character per series this time around.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed May 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Sequels dont usually have smaller rosters though. Im thinking the same or more. They dont really need to add more characters though, unless its for the series that didnt get battle character reps.

Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Yeah, but going from 2D to 3D is still a huge jump, especially if they're taking the combat system into 3D as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut down the roster.

Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 pm
 [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next