The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

[ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Kirby 

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
Dr.Geno wrote:
I think Fsmash was wayyyy too ridiculous before.

yea but now it has no distance whatsoever. its like he smashes on the spot instead of moving a little, could have added a little more distance in this version. at least i can still recover by jumping, using the hammer and jumping again.

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:21 pm
YIM

MGN Username: meda9871
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia, SSF2
I actually still like Kirby this demo. This remains the first demo where Kirbycide is a do-or-die move and the Down Air spikes much quicker than before.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:18 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
yoshikid wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:

yea but now it has no distance whatsoever. its like he smashes on the spot instead of moving a little, could have added a little more distance in this version. at least i can still recover by jumping, using the hammer and jumping again.

do you have the patch it doesn't sound like you do

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 pm

MGN Username: Yellowkirbyguy
Currently Playing: Super Smash bros 3ds.
Ground Canceling D-air gotten slightly slower, that's good i mean before you could just ground cancel d-air and go into pretty much any move at any %.

Most of Kirby's copy abilities got updated in terms of both design and how they are played. I mean, Ground cancelling Pikachu's ability was damn broken, glad it's fixed. F-air feels like it has a larger hitbox. Kirby's grab has been slowed down a tad. Oh and you can't just stay under the stage anymore with D-spec, which is a good thing.

Hello new Sora N-spec, could I just copy you and add an amazing combo starter to my already fabulous combos?
I'll miss the ol' "Fire!"...R.I.P

I think generally he's just been balanced, and the dev's did a great job with this. Still definitely going to stay as a main for me.

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

3ds Friend code~ 4210-4750-3059
Pm me if you've added me so i can add ya back please

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:44 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Dr.Geno wrote:

Yeah, but you had to charge it all the way first.

Kirby's tilt just got better tanks to teh new physics.

Hard counters Falcon.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:19 pm

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
[TSON] wrote:
yoshikid wrote:
Dr.Geno wrote:

do you have the patch it doesn't sound like you do

course i got the patch! i posted that the day before the patch, now it gots distance again, but still too short

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:14 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: ...SuperSmashFlash2?
Yellokirbyguy wrote:
Most of Kirby's copy abilities got updated in terms of both design and how they are played. I mean, Ground cancelling Pikachu's ability was damn broken, glad it's fixed. F-air feels like it has a larger hitbox. Kirby's grab has been slowed down a tad. Oh and you can't just stay under the stage anymore with D-spec, which is a good thing.
His copy ability got a complete overhaul in the engine, so it's no longer as intimidating or impossible to work on, which is really what caused the copy abilities to be rough to work with in the first place.

...it was seriously a horrible nightmare working on them in previous versions.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Xyless wrote:
Yellokirbyguy wrote:
His copy ability got a complete overhaul in the engine, so it's no longer as intimidating or impossible to work on, which is really what caused the copy abilities to be rough to work with in the first place.

Oh wow didn't realise it was that painful. I'm just happy that you guys actually take your time to work on things. And of course finding a way make it easier for yourselves is great, it means you don't have to explode every time you work on something. Keep up the good work!

Some more things i found on Kirby~

~F-air's landing lag has been slightly increased, no more chain of f-airs at low % (If you're really close and they don't DI properly you can still chain another attack or a grab)
~Aerial S-spec no longer has the hitstun on the first hit to get the second hit in. (Meaning you can't give your opponent the double whammy)
~Final cutter has that fun little flip when it's gained it's maximum height, which actually makes the attack slower it seems. Also the high knock back is still there, but with the meteor cancel time frame decreased, i don't think it'll be a problem against human's... I "Think"
~"Haii" - Brawl Kirby's voice, I think it's for the better, Melee's Kirby voice would aggravate my opponents even more anyway =P
~Bomberman's ability still takes forever to wind up, though gimping a CPU with it is incredibly hilarious. Also, Kirby says "Yoshi" when throwing the bombs.
~Good to see Yoshi and Ness's ability finally working,
~Ichigo's ability is not as spam worthy like it was last demo (I think it could've actually spelt Ichigo's death if it was still in the MU)
~Jigglypuff's ability no longer lags! Whiew!
~S-tilt has a very small start up, that's good.
~N-air doesn't semi spike(as good as it used to) anymore.

Can't wait to play online with this puffball~

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:11 am

Wait, how come in v0.9a Jigglypuff's s-smash couldn't be charged for distance and Kirby's could, and in v0.9b this is reversed?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Yellokirbyguy wrote:
Xyless wrote:
Yellokirbyguy wrote:

Oh wow didn't realise it was that painful. I'm just happy that you guys actually take your time to work on things. And of course finding a way make it easier for yourselves is great, it means you don't have to explode every time you work on something. Keep up the good work!

~F-air's landing lag has been slightly increased, no more chain of f-airs at low % (If you're really close and they don't DI properly you can still chain another attack or a grab)
~Aerial S-spec no longer has the hitstun on the first hit to get the second hit in. (Meaning you can't give your opponent the double whammy)
~Final cutter has that fun little flip when it's gained it's maximum height, which actually makes the attack slower it seems. Also the high knock back is still there, but with the meteor cancel time frame decreased, i don't think it'll be a problem against human's... I "Think"
~"Haii" - Brawl Kirby's voice, I think it's for the better, Melee's Kirby voice would aggravate my opponents even more anyway =P
~Bomberman's ability still takes forever to wind up, though gimping a CPU with it is incredibly hilarious. Also, Kirby says "Yoshi" when throwing the bombs.
~Ichigo's ability is not as spam worthy like it was last demo (I think it could've actually spelt Ichigo's death if it was still in the MU)

Fun fact, we added Hup Canceling to Kirby with his dair, his most important advanced technique from Brawl.
YouTube Video:

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Boxed quotes to prevent wall of text: show
Xyless wrote:
Yellokirbyguy wrote:
Xyless wrote:
Yellokirbyguy wrote:

Fun fact, we added Hup Canceling to Kirby with his dair, his most important advanced technique from Brawl.
YouTube Video:

Oh my god i remember doing that just before online shut down for the wii!

I don't think Kirby could've done that in 0.9a cause "Hup" was said as he began his attack, now that i'm testing it out right now... the glorious Hup cancelling returns!

Also, another thing i found with Kirby, is that if Kirby uses multiple uncharged Kamehameha's consecutively, every third Kamehameha would produce nothing but the sound effects.

Chopper wrote:

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 am

Alright, has he always been able to turn into a tiny landmaster with his d-special and drive around? xD

EDIT:
Like this
YouTube Video:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:34 pm
SSF2 Developer

Yeah, it's been around for a while lol
It's kind of rare to get though, so that might be why you have not seen it before.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Yeah, it has a very small chance of appearing.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
How is Kirby then?

Just wondering if I should use Kirby as a main...

ImageImage

Link!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:59 am
YIM
 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next