The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Jack--Oh, here we go again... 

Obviously, my last bio wasn't exactly the best in the world.
Let's hope that you find this one better.

Name: Jack. His last name is unknown by anyone alive.

Race: Originally human, but became Half-Spirit.

Age: Unknown to this day, but all the rumors say that he is an immortal.

Born at: The heart of a city that is now some Sakura forest in Japan.

Alignment: He remains neutral in most aspects, but when a soul is punished for what seems unjust to him, he will carry out their requests.

Personality: Jack is, in a word, corrosive. He has zero tolerance for idiots, and gets into fights very quickly. He shows no sympathy for any others' misfortune.

Appearance: Being Half-Spirit, he can portray his height at what he believes is right for the situation. He averages 4'9", as to not appear threatening to anyone. He is also nearly weightless. He wears robes like the kind a monk would wear, but black with no form of decoration. He wears a veil of the same color to conceal his face. Few people have seen it, but his face is not a good sight. His hair is black, with red streaks; the blood of the few souls he's claimed as his own. His irises have gone completely black, leaving his original eye color another mystery.

Abilities: Jack is much like the Grim Reaper, in the sense that he uses the power that lies within death. What makes him unique is that he is fueled in battle by other people’s sadness. In fact, when his enemies cry, he collects the tears because by doing this, he gets more physical power. In the way of weapons, all he wields is a sinister-looking scythe that he calls his “Soul Reaper.”

Story: Jack was born on a dark and stormy night in what was the average city. His childhood was pretty normal; he did not excel, nor did he fail. It was right around the age of thirteen when things started happening to him. He started acting out in school, becoming quite the problem student. Like any other kid, he said he had no idea why he did these things afterwards.
Then the supernatural started happening. One day, a storm cloud literally followed him for the entire day. Another time his eyes went completely blank, but he could still see. These events progressively became more and more of a bad omen, until it scared off all of the residents of the city, and only he and his parents were left.
Jack’s own sadness seemed to hang in the air like a fog…until it was a fog. From there, nobody knows what happened, but it is assumed Jack unlocked the power he uses today, reaped the souls of his own parents, and sealed them away within their house, the only house left.
It is known that Jack is still alive today, and that the very house still stands…but it is not what it once was. It is the house where all punished souls go and take the burden of the sadness of the world; more commonly known as “The House of Tears.”

I'm more than aware of the gaping plot hole, but I think I have good justification. Come face me again, Sayo!

~CHAOS_FANTAZY

Last edited by CHAOS_fantazy on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Name: If they know his first name, why not the last? Not that it matters.
Race: Barely elaborated on in the bio, good enough.
Origin: I'm confused, but fine. I'll even ignore the fact that it's in Japan.
Alignment: Then why the f*** did he kill his parents who were the only ones who supported him after he started changing?
Appearance: I'd like to change it, but it's not my bio, so it's fine.
Ability: The flavor text makes no sense, and it's not elaborated on where he got the scythe from. He's also never fought before, so I'm assuming this is hypothetical.
Story: If you're aware of the inconsistency, fix it. How do the souls go there? How do people even know they go there? What the hell does the name signify?

It's also missing any personality, unless you want to leave that out.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:57 pm

NDUESTRE wrote:
Name: If they know his first name, why not the last? Not that it matters. How would anyone know? Do you really think a half-deity out in the middle of nowhere is going to be in the phone book?
Race: Barely elaborated on in the bio, good enough. If you say so.
Age: Unknown is fine, where did the rumors come from? It's an old, supposedly abandoned house, only stumbled upon by children playing in the woods. Stories are bound to be made up when they see the figure in the window.
Origin: I'm confused, but fine. I'll even ignore the fact that it's in Japan. Alright. Sorry about Japan, I just had it on the brain at the time.
Alignment: Then why the f*** did he kill his parents who were the only ones who supported him after he started changing? ...This is why I hate the plot hole: People were bound to ask questions like this.
Appearance: I'd like to change it, but it's not my bio, so it's fine. Again, if you say so.
Ability: The flavor text makes no sense, and it's not elaborated on where he got the scythe from. He's also never fought before, so I'm assuming this is hypothetical. Flavor text? Once again, you're talking to someone new at this, please still speak English for the time being. And, if you must know, he's in sort of an alliance with Death, he got his scythe from him.
Story: If you're aware of the inconsistency, fix it. How do the souls go there? How do people even know they go there? What the hell does the name signify? ...I knew I should have elaborated further. Jack's 'job,' so to speak, is to travel the world, looking for people who have committed sins that made the people around them sad. He kills them and takes their soul back to the aforementioned house by hand. As for the name itself, it's just something that came to me while I slept a long time ago. I could come up with something better, but I'm as lazy as the next guy.

It's also missing any personality, unless you want to leave that out. Oh, s***, totally forgot. I'll put it up now.

Comments in...Hell, you know what the comments are in. You don't need me telling you.

~CHAOS_FANTAZY

Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:55 am
 [ 3 posts ]