The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:56 pm

[ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next
Thing I wrote 

Elednor who no longer ever heard of Tyr, Sera or Aranida, went into the mountains where Tyr said he originated from. "This place is so... unright for me. No wonder he does not choose to take notice." He then flew back to the first place he found Tyr. Overcome by dissapointment, Elednor flew to find Aranida's carriage and landed by the window." Excuse me but, Are you Aranida? I just need someone to follow... Ever since I showed Tyr and the rest of them my eyes I just need to find another to confide in. Will you lead me to the the one called Sera? If not may I accompany you just to fight with you in any battle you might face?"

OCC: Sorry if I am too persistent I been having a migrain and do not know what I am doing.

Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
OCC: Uh, you just flew, which is humanly impossible, at unheard of speeds towards mountains that are an unspecified distance from the city, somehow found the unspecified remnants, flew back to the city, somehow found the other group, knew their names and expected them to know a character they never met.

A) This is physically impossible to occur in less than one day.
B) This is some pretty extreme meta-game.

I'm not going to kick you out, but you need to remember that just because it's fantasy based does not mean you are a god and everyone knows each other as if they all lived on the same neighborhood block. No one likes an unrealistic character.

Fri May 13, 2011 4:36 pm
Site Admin

Aranida was slightly worried, what had happened to Avia in the short span of time from when she had left the main hall til now? Had Dhejuti chided the woman for her more than unusual apparel in her humble presence? It was no use hypothesizing the various occurrences in her absence, and if she was meant to know, she would soon find out. Or at the least catch wind of something.

"Well don't let it keep you down" piped up Aranida cheerfully, she nodded to one of her servants who opened the door to the carriage and waved them in. "Where would you like to go?" asked the driver to which Aranida looked in Avia's direction as if implying that she could take charge if she would like to.

Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 pm

"Uh, anywhere." Avia responded, turning to the driver.

She sat on the seat, severely wringing her hands. She did not feel content with the future. Not the fact that they were traveling through a city at night nor any other concrete fear. It was more focused on the fact that something horrible would happen soon.

She rubbed the base of her neck, cradling the idol on her necklace in her palm.

Sun May 15, 2011 12:26 am
Site Admin

OCC: OMG So sorry I had the post typed up and everything I just forgot to actually post it....and now I must remember what I typed....>.> oh my...

The driver shrugged and climbed up onto the front of the carriage, while footmen opened the doors of the carriage and led them in. The doors closed, and lanterns were lit and the carriage began to rumble out of the courtyard of the estate and into the main road. "Would you care for some herbal tea?" asked Aranida softly while absent-minded combing her fingertips through her hair that rested on her shoulders, "I know of this wonderful place where they grow the tea in the back of the store themselves. It's very good, and healthy to boot!"

The owners of the store were good friends of her parents, Israel and Magda. They were a loving couple and excellent hosts who's bright spirits always seemed to rub off on those around them. Even when she was feeling down, they managed to brighten her days. Magda would say that the most difficult of days could be unwound by a sip of her tea. Aranida felt that it would be a good place to start their tour, perhaps provide Avia a chance to settle herself after whatever she had witnessed or endured prior to their departure.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:21 pm

"No, I'm fine," Avia responded, disregarding the offer with a polite smile.
"I would like to see as many places possible. I really haven't seen much of these cities. I saw the capital and it was spectacular; however, I was told by the elders not to be thrown off by how impressive it is because most cities will not look as pleasant. I at least hope yours is nice with many interesting pieces of architecture."

She recalled the horror stories of cities, some that were so slimy and decrepit that the only people who lived there were thieves and killers, those who were not close to God. If those cities were close to God, they would have been much nicer and more peaceful. At least, that was what the elders explained.

They told stories of great cities of great lands. Of all of them she hard as a child, her favorite were the various stories about the grandeur of the Old Kingdoms of the Humus in the South who built great stone walls around fabulous buildings and obtuse ritual temples, one of which was called the Gate of Ahstir. It was a huge slab of stone carved out from a crumbled cliff side, all in one piece. It featured reliefs of strange monsters being vanquished by a great army, what the elders explained as being the story of the war in Eden and the dejection of their ancestors for disagreeing with God's divine will. It was these stories that developed her interest in the architecture of the continent, something she didn't have access to outside of most cities. Being chosen to call upon the other countries for help was a dream come true for Avia, as she could finally see buildings and architecture personally, which was the reason she originally asked for the ride.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:08 pm

OCC: I'm sorry this is actually the first time I did forum Rp... Just tell me should Imy character just dissapear or not?

Sat May 21, 2011 12:47 am

Waifu: I'm married
Eternal-flo wrote:
OCC: I'm sorry this is actually the first time I did forum Rp... Just tell me should Imy character just dissapear or not?

yes

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 21, 2011 1:28 am
YIM WWW

I don't care if you leave or not, do whatever.

As long as you don't break the basic RP rules I won't care.
If you do I'll ignore your actions and continue as if you never did anything.

Sat May 21, 2011 1:43 am
Site Admin

Whimzer wrote:
"No, I'm fine," Avia responded, disregarding the offer with a polite smile.
"I would like to see as many places possible. I really haven't seen much of these cities. I saw the capital and it was spectacular; however, I was told by the elders not to be thrown off by how impressive it is because most cities will not look as pleasant. I at least hope yours is nice with many interesting pieces of architecture."

She recalled the horror stories of cities, some that were so slimy and decrepit that the only people who lived there were thieves and killers, those who were not close to God. If those cities were close to God, they would have been much nicer and more peaceful. At least, that was what the elders explained.

They told stories of great cities of great lands. Of all of them she hard as a child, her favorite were the various stories about the grandeur of the Old Kingdoms of the Humus in the South who built great stone walls around fabulous buildings and obtuse ritual temples, one of which was called the Gate of Ahstir. It was a huge slab of stone carved out from a crumbled cliff side, all in one piece. It featured reliefs of strange monsters being vanquished by a great army, what the elders explained as being the story of the war in Eden and the dejection of their ancestors for disagreeing with God's divine will. It was these stories that developed her interest in the architecture of the continent, something she didn't have access to outside of most cities. Being chosen to call upon the other countries for help was a dream come true for Avia, as she could finally see buildings and architecture personally, which was the reason she originally asked for the ride.

"Oh ok then" replied Aranida with a smile, perhaps she had over assumed that Avia had witnessed something of great discomfort it was probably rather trivial really. The carriage rode through the city the wheels bumping along on the cobblestoned roads of her neighbourhood. Here, where she lived, the city was rather grand. Great estates with large houses and ornate fences of metal. Aranida pointed this out to Avia "Each family's gate has the metal on their gate twisted into some sort of image, as a sign of their heritage. It's a sort of family crest." Pointing to the back window of the carriage where they could see the gate of her estate close behind them, one could see a great multi-pointed star and a dragon resting on a sword and shield, it's tail surrounding a house.

"For example, my family's gate. I'm not quite sure what the star has to do with my family...my father once said that it had something to do with some creator of sorts, but other than that we don't know." she shrugged "The rest though is easy, the dragon was the symbol of my ancestors who were warriors of sorts, hence why it rested on a sword and shield. They protected this town for many many generations keeping law and order, or simply scaring away the barbarians of olden days, that's why the tail is around the house. It represents this city."

The carriage continued, driving away from the various estates as the buildings transitioned from grand mansions to that of various businesses, not shops exactly, more having to do with finance and law, and various other white collar establishments. The buildings in this area were rather old, constructed in a fashion where the architect clearly wanted defined beauty in the buildings. Arches of various sorts supported the buildings and columns of marble guarded entryways. On some of the older buildings old murals could even be faintly seen, however it was apparent that the winds and rains of time were slowly eroding the scenes to nothing.

Further still they went, leaving this business district and entering another, it was a market of sorts, and despite the hour, many vendors were still selling their wares. Many of them were foreign bringing exotic goods with them, and speaking in an unusual accent. A few of the stalls had already closed, their owners having gone home if they lived in the city, or to the inn if they were from outside of the city.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Avia stared at many of the structures with glee, excited about being so close to them.
She was losing the cool, collected attitude that she displayed earlier in the afternoon, overwhelmed by the desire to touch the architecture and carefully study every nook and cranny of the various arches and arcades. She called for the carriage driver to stop and tugged on Aranida's sleeve.

"Oh, sister, we must go see the features of these building up front! Very close, so I can clearly see the details!" She exclaimed, nearly breathless with anticipation.

"Oh this is a dream come true!"

OOC: I promise guys, we'll get this night segment done soon, there isn't much ground left to cover for this group today.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:15 pm
Site Admin

OOC: lol Ichigo~

Aranida was pleased that Avia found the architecture of the buildings so intriguing, having lived here all her life she supposed she now took it for granted. Perhaps as a child she too was so mystified by the grand buildings and its archaic designs. It's sad that such beauty could be lost simply because you've seen it so many times before. She would remember this night, even after she returned from the ordeal to which she had been assigned.

She never did much travelling, preferring to stay within her city, rarely visiting the capital unless required to do so herself, and here she was just a few days before going on a journey to a place she had only read about. Well, she had actually never read about it herself, she'd heard about it, but she'd have to do a bit of a brush up on customs and various other things she should know before going away into unfamiliar lands.

"I'm glad you're pleased" responded Aranida cheerfully. The carriage stopped in front of a grand fountain, a faceless figure stood majestically surrounded by various spouts of water. It was ornately decorated and quite old. "Supposedly the fountain is dedicated to the unknown maker. Personally, I don't know who this maker is, or what exactly this maker made, but this fountain is truly a grand spectacle."

Sat May 28, 2011 6:34 pm

OOC: I'm just going to end now. We could spend pages going over every niche of the city.
Everyone pick up as if it were daybreak.

As they all agreed, Tyr approached the outer gates of the city, walking through the wide wooden doors toward the field outside.
Bright green grass sprouted among clumps of dirt in an asymmetrical pattern. In some areas there was little visible earth, the grass covering most of it up like a thick moss. In other sections there were spots of grass surrounded by a sea of brown.

The field covered a majority of the land in sight, with one lone tree standing above it. Gnarled and aged, the tree was most likely a relic from the past, when the forests still covered most of the continent. The tales its bark could tell stretched back centuries, detailing each person, significant or otherwise, that sat somewhere below the twisted trunk of this wooden gem in a sea of green.

This was where he expected to meet the others for the journey. he slept well the night before, even in the existing conditions of his derelict lodgings. The one thing that bothered him was the messenger. Just the fact that he stumbled upon one of the most important people in generations in the middle of the street was overwhelming
And even after all this nonsense about what they were supposed to accomplish, he still did not understand exactly what he was supposed to do.

Mon May 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Qalim slept lightly but still got his rest. Today, he was leaving behind his father and his adopted son with a woman for his distant native land. This was a quest to find God and to beg Him for forgiveness. Qalim doubted he wouldn't return but he had prepared for that eventuality. Going through his morning forms as fast as possible, he was slightly surprised by the Messenger who had awakened, perhaps due to his exercise.

Breakfast, was similarly hurried, barely having time to savour the roasted taste contained within his father's morning brew before taking the Messenger with him out the door and in to the city. The first order of business was to deliver the book to this Lady Aranida. The second was to meet up with the rhyming couplet, brother Tyr and stranger Lear.

Before long, he was before the palatial estate of the esteemed Lady Aranida. Well, palatial by his standards. Houses with their own walls were considered somewhat of a luxury. He tried knocking, hoping for someone to at least come and greet him before he decided to stop wasting time and infiltrate the house himself.

((BTW, what happened to Avia?))

Mon May 30, 2011 9:35 pm

OOC: She is staying with Aranida, asleep

Mon May 30, 2011 9:36 pm
 [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next