The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:08 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

Rapty wrote:
Well, guess how many feminists are happy that there's a female Link now.

Here's a hint: none. You can never make feminists happy.

It's not even a female Link, it's some fangirl of his cosplaying

Why don't people get this lmao

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
Maybe it's because her name is f*** Linkle

I AM APPLE

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:06 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
https://archive.is/Ztzxg
Hitting all the checkmarks here: calling her a Ms. Male Character, implying that all Nintendo's other female characters are "faux progressivism" instead of just being characters, and it even ends with "it's _the current year_".

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:37 pm

You know, they try to act like they know about video games

But then they call Ms. Pac-Man a "classic Japanese video game" when it was made by f*** Midway

I guess basic fact-checking is sexist lmao

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
Geno wrote:
You're wrong and you know it. Wind Waker looks incredibly different from every angle. The new lighting engine worked wonders on it. Please stop with your hilariously sad damage control of their s*** product.

Obviously it looks incredibly different they're two different styles all together. It's clear you prefer WW's style of TP's but that doesn't automatically make it s***. If you were listening to reggie instead of rejecting it with your close-mind then you'd know that there's more to TPHD and that they'd show it later. Calm down dude.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
natedoesthings wrote:
Geno wrote:
You're wrong and you know it. Wind Waker looks incredibly different from every angle. The new lighting engine worked wonders on it. Please stop with your hilariously sad damage control of their s*** product.

Obviously it looks incredibly different they're two different styles all together. It's clear you prefer WW's style of TP's but that doesn't automatically make it s***. If you were listening to reggie instead of rejecting it with your close-mind then you'd know that there's more to TPHD and that they'd show it later. Calm down dude.

I'm sure he was just comparing Wind Waker and Wind Waker HD

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:34 pm

natedoesthings wrote:
Geno wrote:

What the f*** are you even talking about lmao

it's not about which style looks better, it's about Wind Waker HD actually looking different than Wind Waker on the GameCube

and then we get Twilight Princess and it looks exactly like it did ten years ago. it's a joke. wind waker hd was actually something different, this is just another upscaled port that other companies have been s*** out for the last generation. except worse, because those ports were usually part of a collection with one or two more games included

but no, it's okay when Nintendo does it

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:40 pm

YouTube Video:

TPHD Graphics is getting the exact same treatment as WWHD Better textures, better draw distance (likely idk we saw no real gameplay outside link standing still), and (maybe) 60fps

the main difference so far is the robust lighting system. which for Wind Waker's simple textures makes it pop out a lot. we haven't seen a lot of stuff for the HD re-release beyond the a few cutscenes in dark a** rooms. from the gameplay trailer there weren't drastically increased shadows but to that i don't know what to say besides wait until we see more gameplay when they decided to talk more about the game.

Edit: the fan outcry for the way this game looks is so immense i wonder if were gonna get another delayed nintendo game for graphics.

I AM APPLE

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:01 am

To be honest, the biggest thing stopping me from being excited about Twilight Princess HD is the fact that I still know where one of my copies of the game is. I'd long since lost Wind Waker and the N64 titles at least made the jump to handheld.

This of course only accounts for me, and I already know I'll eventually get it anyway, but it's why my excitement is pretty contained right now.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:16 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
it's just that there's no noticeable improvement on any front

Then you turn around and realize the standard for HD re-releases has been in collections of 3 games, usually priced less than $60

Nintendo pushing Twilight Princess: Amiibo Edition as a big thing you should be excited for makes people a bit upset, and tbh I totally sympathize with that

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:58 am

there has to be a non-amiibo edition that probably cost less that we will see eventually. thats the moment i'm gonna get upset if it's $60

I AM APPLE

Last edited by Apple Wizard of Fuji on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Term wrote:
Then you turn around and realize the standard for HD re-releases has been in collections of 3 games, usually priced less than $60

That's actually a really good point I hadn't considered at all. The more I think about it, the more I think a Virtual Console re-release would be a much better route. Hell, I paid ten bucks for Mario Galaxy 2 on Virtual Console, and that was fantastic.

I'm not going to say I don't see any improvement, I think the palette actually seems more pleasing this time around, colors and details are better... But that's only if I look at footage of the two games side by side. And even then, Nintendo fans are pretty much the last people to get hardcore about a graphical facelift.

I hate to grow more cynical about this one, but I'm not feeling the best about this one...

And maybe it's just me, but I'm just not all that nostalgic for Twilight Princess at this point. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I really do, but I haven't ever really thought it was a game worth exploring in any new avenue again. Maybe because most of my memories of TP were it trying to live up to its big brother Ocarina of Time instead of doing its own thing like Wind Waker did... Which is really weird, considering Twilight Princess DID do a lot of its own stuff.

Memories are an odd mistress.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
Twilight Princess is Legend of Zelda: Definitely Not Ocarina of Time

like damn, MM ran off the same engine and wasn't even as close

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:53 pm
YIM

Kuro Kagami wrote:
Twilight Princess is Legend of Zelda: Definitely Not Ocarina of Time

like damn, MM ran off the same engine and wasn't even as close

twilight princess runs on a modified version of the wind waker engine

the wind waker engine is a modified version of the ocarina of time engine

the ocarina of time engine is a modified version of the super mario 64 engine

all zelda games are actually super mario 64

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
ive been telling my friends that for years.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:42 pm
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 95  Next