The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:56 pm

[ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
Thing I wrote 

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Tyr did not hesitate to explain the circumstances at hand.

"I've been plagued by God. He takes over my body and I cannot do anything to prevent it," he began.
Rubbing the stump of his shoulder, he gazed at the empty space where his arm once was.
"He takes control and forces my body to fight his holy war."

Sera avoided Lear's eyes and squeezed the tomes against her chest. She did not desire to be around him and the King dropped her into a situation she could not handle. What intrigued her was it seemed like Lear's name was not actually Lear and apparently he was the son of the King, which made him even more of a threat.

Ira turned his caustic expression toward Aranida once she spoke up and hobbled toward her, the village following on his heels. Ildan nodded to the elderly man and rode off, returning to his cottage to check on Avia. The elder stared down young woman and shook his head.

"What can you do? Jenogh's army is massive and you ride in with a handful of troops. And then you ride here yourself instead of birthing children as if you're fit to fight soldiers that relish torture and death."

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:20 pm
Site Moderator

"Possessions, hauntings, astral projection, my my this sort of thing seems to be quite the popular thing these days. Will all this energy building up It's no surprise really." The Bishop hastily made his way to a near by chest and removed a massive scroll from it's contents. Rolling out the dusty piece of papyrus the old man began to run his fingers through the text before stopping suddenly on a passage. "Yes! Here it is, I knew it was here." rolling the scroll away he hastily pushed aside Tyr to reach a chest not far off behind him. From this chest he gathered a collection of books which he promptly tossed upon his desk. "Where to begin, where to begin." the old man, after a few moments of fidgeting grabbed one of the books and began to read.

"Possessions by nature, are defined as the suppression of one's internal will by another force acting upon, unnaturally mind you, another beings body or mind. There are literally hundreds of ways to cope with possessions, but yours, oh my, I'm not quite sure where to even begin!" Leaning backwards the Bishop's eccentric attitude changed quickly to a more serious tone. "It would be wise to establish your place in this world, you feel as if you're caught between worlds and this weakens you, it makes you easy to attack. Second, you must banish away regrets, they too weaken you. Finally, I believe a type of magic may be able to protect your mind from his attacks and perhaps give you a chance to fight him off as long as your will persists." pausing for a moment Maurice inspected the young man once more. "Are you capable of banishing away regret, self-pity, and uncertainty?"

Lear remained silent as he stood in the corner, his gaze was not necessarily aimed towards Sera initially, but being alone in the same room as her his eyes could not help but eventually wander to her.
"Standing here now" he began, his voice decisive and unwavering. "I now wish that I hadn't found you. Perhaps it's because you fear people like me more than ever and would rather see us parish than to stay in this world another day." Slowly he approached Sera, keeping a fair distance between her and him he removed his cloak and hung it across the King's desk. "I'm not his son, he's my Uncle. My father died long ago, and without a male heir to succeed him my uncle adopted me without consent into the main house. I suppose I have a lot to explain to you, things that you may not perhaps understand." Gathering his words Lear inspected Sera, he unlike his adoptive father lacked true vision, but it was clear now that Sera was becoming less and less invested in his world. Without much hesitation Lear recounted the story he had told Tyr not long ago, but the story he told this time had a much different ending. In this rendition of the tale, the war that broke out amongst the Potak's was not created as a way of escaping a blood thirsty God but instead occurred because one deity wished to preserve the Potak's free will while the other wished to change it in an attempt to avoid chaos. The absorption of the creator spirits was different as well, God had absorbed them as a way maintain his control, not as a way to simply increase his power. "Take away from my tale what you will, but the deity who hid himself away for so long gave our King of old those eyes, and his court a child who could perform magic, and art restricted by God. That Child would be born anew every 100 years and has since been used to develop people like Lucien. Lucien and his kin are not normal, they are living representations of what the Potak were before they were given free will after they initially served the two deities in their fight against their fallen comrade. They are almost emotionless, they can sense magic, they can move faster and perform greater feats than most, and above all they are loyal."

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 pm

"As long as I don't suffer another mental breakdown I believe I can purge away my indecisive nature. And even if I couldn't throuhg my own will,there's always a way to force it from my head."

Tyr looked inward to find the stem of his flaws, all based on his own insecurities and opinions of himself. He constantly looked down on himself and played the role of the victim. In his childhood it was his response to his 'indoctrination,' as he grew it was the doubt in his own abilities, and now he saw himself as a tool. These emotions forced him to wallow in self-pity and made him feel as if he was weaker than what he actually was. His downfall was not any of these events, but how they clouded his judgment.
---------
"No, your story is wrong. There is only one Father." Sera rebutted, glancing at Lear for brief moment. "The King may have received a gift from the Father that he kept hidden from me; that much is understandable. However, I refuse to believe that there could be any other god in this world. Lear, Seigen, or whatever you'll call yourself tomorrow, understand that even though I may be naive and uncouth when it comes to the surface, I am not someone who will believe everything you say! I may have listened to the remnants explanations, but I am not even sure to trust them either. Everything I thought was true was shattered when I came, and everything iIlearned along the way has been discounted."

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:53 pm
Site Moderator

"You don't need to believe me." Lear responded at he approached Sera, his eyes examining her closely. "But, I do need to ask you to understand but a single thing. I need you to understand that there's much you don't understand about this world, you've been exposed by force to perhaps some of the darker parts of this place, but else where there are honest people living simple lives. They've never tried to wrong your Father, they just simply wish to live! These are the people I want to protect, these are the people I want days to continue for so that humanity can grow, and learn. We will most likely NEVER find a perfect peace in this world, but to rob us of even the chance is wrong.." raising a hand to his head Lear pinched at his sinuses for a moment, relieving a pit of stress on unwanted tension Lear began once again. "Enough with that though." Lear spoke in a nonchalant but sharp tone. "In the morning the King wishes you to meet with the figure he spoke of, to my understanding you may leave after you've met."

_____

Minutes passed as the Bishop stood silent awaiting Tyr, for a moment he began to ponder just what to do next but before his mind could even begin to wander an answer dawned upon him.
"Well, if you're ready and have at least put forth an effort to battle your inner demons, I believe it's time for some arcane forces to begin their work." handing Tyr a slip of paper with an eye printed on it he lead him outside and pointed him in the direction of a lone, heavily guarded tent. "Go there and hand the guards this paper, but beware, only go forth if you have truly devoided yourself of self hatred, guilt, and worthlessness."

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 pm
Site Admin

Aranida withheld a smile, deciding it would only serve its purpose to further rile the backwater elder. It was far from the first time she had been overlooked for her being a women. She was sure she had to deal with it on a daily basis. Her job entailed her to order men around, and if there was one thing she knew about men, it was that they did not enjoy being told what to do by women. Still, she had manage to instill a sense of respect between herself and her men, if not a fear of her sharp shooting capabilities. In a sense, her position as head of the Dragon Guard had drastically altered her course in life, thrusting her out of the gentle and mundane life of a lady to the thrilling, if not dangerous life of a commander.

"Esteemed elder," she spoke respectfully "I appreciate your concern of my disposition of being a woman, though here it is unnecessary. I understand your position here as leader, your best interests are those of your people whom you are willing to die to protect. I too, as leader, no, Commander of the Dragon Guard respect and share the same burden. I have a city that I have given my life to protect. If I were in a situation that was beyond my control, I would not take a moment's breath to accept a helping hand to preserve my people. As you are a wise man, I would assume you would hold the same belief, then again" she paused "That too may be my weakness as an assuming woman."

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:20 pm

OOC: killing off the stragglers in Kiki's party soon.

Tyr nodded in thanks toward the bishop and pulled the slip from his hand. Turning around, he started toward the heavily guarded tent the man pointed out. He flashed the slip at the guards standing before the tent and entered as they waved him through. At this pointy he was ready to give up his past inhibitions and move on with his life as well as protect himself from God's control. This was a method for Tyr to reconcile with all his past issues and emerge much more competent than he already was.
-------
"You think I didn't think it was true beforehand?" Sera exclaimed, glaring back at Lear. She did not usually flare up, but his prodding was beginning to rile her up. "I believed in the myths of the surface! I believed that there were people who were just and right, but how many did I see? I saw the horrific scum litter Gaea with the limbs of their enemies for more than I saw people willing to not shed the blood of one another! There might be good people, but the evil far outweighed their contributions! There's nothing that can be said that would pro otherwise unless you were able to purge the surface of the heathens without resorting to becoming a monster yourself! The Father exiled the killers from Urbel for a reason, and obviously after all these years their descendants could not change their destructive ways!"

Ira shook his head.

"You do not need to be here. We have already co-opted the support of High-General Norman from the capital of your country. I assume he has no time for your fantasies as well and would tell you to return home just as I do."

With that, the elder gave Aranida a small smile and began making his way back to the center of the village. As the villagers returned to their places as if it were an elaborate diorama, High-General Norman of the Iron Hand emerged from one of the tents flanked by a few of his officers.

In essence, Ira was right that he had nothing to fear: High-General Norman's Iron Hand arrived a week before the Dragon Guard from the central capital city of Confer and had suppressed several militia-based uprisings in the first few days. The Iron Hand itself was also a much larger force compiled of less than desirable soldiers. It was a pit where those court-martialed for war crimes were thrown. The Iron Hand were ruthless and absolutely loyal to Norman, who was bestowed with the greatest tactical mind his country had seen, who was seen as the only man who could keep the Iron Hand in line, which was not hard as long as he allowed them to do as they please while fighting.

There were opinions voiced concerning the Iron Hand's style over the years, but Norman had enough political clout, thanks to his relationship with the King, to silence them. The Iron Hand was the extension of Confer's grip over the central lands and was symbolic of how far it would go to ensure its ruling status.

Norman himself was generally beloved by the people for his personality. Despite being cold toward a tactical situation and willing to throw away as many pawns as possible to achieve the objective, he was not an unlikable person. Those around him enjoyed his company, but women often complained he did not see them as equals and was very chauvinistic on most matters in the public sphere.

Norman spotted Ira retreating from Aranida and began to approach her. She most likely never met him personally, but he, basically being the leader of all the armed forces in the central lands, knew who commanded every government sponsored army no matter how insignificant they were.

"What's a small-time soldier like you doing here? The Dragon Guard is useless in this situation, Aranida, don't you have a little manor to watch over instead?"
-------
As Ildan was halfway back to his farm, a large group of Jenogh soldiers fell in upon the area around the cottage. Farmers and their families paused from their work in the fields and with the livestock and hid within their homes. The soldiers were high-strung, and hearing of a yellow eye in the area, they took a break from their work in the city and rode out to have a good time and forget their strife. They had not approached the cottage and began searching door to door of each home, breaking in windows and doors to get inside.

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:24 am
Site Admin

"Ah, Norman, always a pleasure" she said sarcastically with a curtsy, despite wearing pants. "While I would rather sit in my manor and spend my days playing the harpsichord, the lawless city I've been given to oversee law and order prevents me from doing so." She sighed dramatically "Such is life. The Governor sent me here, and unless he gives me an order to leave, I'm afraid that I cannot."

Edit: OOC: LG is still here, but because this part seems to only really concern myself seeing as I'm dealing with another commander, there isn't much for him to do, so don't kill him lol

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:04 pm
Site Moderator

"So what gives you the right to decide to purge the whole human race with a single word?" Lear stated bluntly as he returned Sera's aggression, but only in voice. "What makes your cause so just? What makes it 'right' for you to wipe out all humans, good and bad without you yourself being this terrible monster?" Crossing his arms Lear's voice simmered to a more reasonable tone as he continued. "Both your people and ours share the same genealogy, we spring from the same beginnings, we entered this world of the same accord, and yet you hold us all so far. I've always known why, but I was never certain your people knew for themselves the reason in which you've learned to inherently hate us, it's because to you, we're nothing but rabid dogs.And so I wonder now, were you ever aware of this?"
_______

Inside the tent there waited for Tyr a boy of what seemed to be 14 to 16 years of age, at his side sat an elderly man who seemed almost incapable of sitting still, his body clearly shaking of old age.
Standing up the boy revealed more of his form, he wore long white robes and a triangular cap branded dead center with a tearing amethyst eye. The robes he wore sported a glorious red trim and his face seemed unaware and young. "I was informed of your coming Tyr, and of your reason. But allow me to ask you something that I cannot know, are you truly prepared to continue on in this world even when your mind seems so enervated?"

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 pm

"I never believed you were rabid dogs, unlike most of my people!" Sera shouted back, hurt by Lear's sharp tongue. Calming down with a few short breaths, she continued. "I hoped there would be something good on the surface, but I never found it. I had to prove to Father that it was worth saving your people, but there's nothing I could do to change what he's seen through me. No matter how much good you claim there is here, there has been far too much evil for any of it to make a difference. Trust me, I'd love to see the good in the world, but I can't stay any longer, otherwise I'll be a casualty of your world's twisted, wicked men."
------
"There's no turning back now," Tyr replied, determination sparking in his dull eyes. "After an examination of my life, I realized that I will be weak forever if I can't move on. I need to change."

Norman chuckled at Aranida's explanation and shot her a sly smile.

"If the governor thinks this is his war I won't hold him back. Just don't let your Dragon Guard get in the way of my men. I can't really control them as much as you'd like me to and it'd be in the best interests of both of us to keep our soldiers alive, otherwise I'd have to pull far too many strings to cover it up."

As Norman finished up his sentence, an Iron Hand scout urgently rode in. He did not dismount as he slowed down by Norman.

"Jenogh soldiers were spotted leaving the city when the guard timetables didn't specifically call for it to happen as part of the normal schedule," he quickly relayed.

Norman's expression perked up.

"Where were they headed?" He questioned, motioning for his soldiers to mobilize. A large group of around one hundred soldiers appeared from around the camp, fully prepped for action, and began mounting horses.

"The path they took leads to a small farming community on the outskirts of the city. There were about fifty to seventy of them, we couldn't count them all."

Norman mounted his stallion and immediately led his soldiers in the same direction Ildan left.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:34 am
Site Admin

Aranida smiled vacantly as if she was acknowledging what he had said, though in the back of the mind she dearly wished to "accidentally" push him off a high precipice onto sharp and pointy rocks. An Iron Hand scout rode into the encampment warning them of the Jenough movement. As he mentioned the location that they were headed, her eyes widened. Avia was in danger.

"Recruit Barder!" she called "Go ahead to where the rest of the Dragon Guard have set up camp and inform them that they must prepare for battle"

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Falst did his best to keep from chuckling as his commanding officer was blatantly disrespected time and time again. He stood by, doing little but listening as Aranida conversed with Ira and Ildan, then the leader of some other militant group called the Iron Hand. He remained generally disinterested toward what was being said until the mention of Jenogh soldiers arose. Soldiers mobilizing without authorization? The implications of such a thing were suspicious at best. He wondered what there intentions were when his thoughts were interrupted by a shout.
"Recruit Barder!" Aranida, now being the highest thing on the food chain in the general vicinity, was once again giving orders. "Go ahead to where the rest of the Dragon Guard have set up camp and inform them that they must prepare for battle."
Whatever this was about, it sounded urgent. Passive aggressive insubordination would have to wait.
"Ma'am!" He instead responded, giving a brief salute before making haste to the encampment. He arrived shortly and hastily dismounted.
"Orders from Aranida." He began, addressing everyone who would listen. "Who's the ranking officer around here?"

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:25 pm
Site Moderator

Enter the tent once more the King interrupted Lear and Sera's conversation. "Well, if you intend to return home as soon as physically possible comply with my request to meet with our strange friend in a few hours" Lear backed away from Sera as he passed his adoptive father, making his way for the exit. "Be sure to return before the event." the king added as Lear exited.

_____

"And change you I shall." the boy approached Tyr with careful steps, placing his hand upon the large man's forehead gently. "If you are truly certain that you are clear of mind and doubt I will test you of your-" as he spoke the world around Tyr began to bend and fade, and sound became distorted and disarranged. "will power and personal ability." the voice that was present in Tyr's head was no longer the boy's young genteel voice, but instead a deep, menacing intonation. Along with this oratory change, all of rest of Tyr's senses were bombarded with drastic change. Tyr now stood in a cold darkness, alone, with nothing but a single light source ahead of him and the sound of freezing, whipping winds.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:18 pm

OOC: kiki just move toward the farms, I'll continue writing for you once you arrive

With little hesitation Tyr stormed toward the light. The winds whipped at his backside, but he did not waver, blocking out the noises in his head as he focused on his goal.
--------
"Who are you talking about?" Sera questioned, taking a step away from the King. "I can leave at any time and I would rather meet with someone now rather than later."

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Site Moderator

Storming forth through the light Tyr almost immediately stumbled off the side of a massive cliff that waited on the other side of the 'barrier'. What Tyr had just exited from was a cave deep in the heights of some unknown mountain that stood hundreds, perhaps thousands of meters above sea level. Snow covered the terrific mountain and a terrible storm of snow and ice had begun to rip through the area, artificially elevating the ground on which he stood by five to six feet. There was no clear path off of the would-be Titan and the top of the mountain could not be seen due to low visibility, all that was there to guide Tyr was a set of tracks leading upwards, already more than half buried by the storm.

_____

"I would ask that you be patient my dear, the one I request you to meet with is traveling from afar and will be unable to join us any sooner than two hours."

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Tyr shrugged and knelt down to see the footprints. They led far beyond his vision, but there was nothing for him to do but follow them, so he pulled himself up and began trudging along the icy path. The footprints were barely visible, but he felt like he knew where they were headed.
------
"Alright, I will," Sera sighed, sitting down in a nearby chair and resting the tomes given to her by Qalim on the desk.

"Who, if I may ask, is it I am going to meet?"

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:23 am
 [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next