The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:32 am

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
The Story of Your Mains 

MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
ZSS: Uhh...... Salem

Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:

Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:09 pm

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
I don't have mains. I just learn by experience in each demo I played throughout the years.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:19 pm

MGN Username: Lite2Key
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N., One Piece A-Edition
Sonic: I got Brawl many years ago. I played it with my older brothers. We went all the way through the Subspace Emissary, and I had a fangasm when Sonic appeared near the end. I was so excited that I played as him in most of my matches, but ended up running or spindashing off the screen most times. I still loved him, and I love him in SSF2.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:28 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Peach: Lol Peach has been my main since Melee! I don't think there's ever been a smash game I played without maining Peach.
Zelda: I haven't mained Zelda until I played SSF2 tbh, I like her heavy hitting punish game and the fact that she's really easy to pickup and play.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:02 pm
YIM
BR Member

i picked up chibi because he looked fun

the end.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:50 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
Sonic: I love how flashy his combos and such can be. Huge Sonic fan in general.
Bomberman: You can see the fear on people when you get bombs out.
Naruto: Possible to have very intricate combos with him. I used him a lot before I picked up Sonic entirely.
Sora: He feels very weird but his combo potential tho.
Mega Man: I used to hate the way he played on here. That is until I learned his various specials can fit many different situations. Go to choice for range.
Goku: For the dragon ball jokes.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:41 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Lloyd: He was the first guy I unlocked when I was playing SSF1 and I tried him immediately. I thought he was so dope. When I found out he was in SSF2 when I discovered v0.6, I just immediately started playing with him. Thanks to the many years, I've learned so much about my pixelated, ToS, dual bladed homie.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
First I used Mario since 0.3. As time went on, I got bored and decided to use Wario in 0.8. He was a much more fun character to use, and I've been using him ever since. I had played a lot of Wario Land 4 as a kid, so that's probably why I picked him up for real. Now in 0.9b, Mario has changed so much that I can't go back and play him like before.

From M to W.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:50 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
I guess I'll be adding 2 more characters to my mains, and those 2 are: Mario and Sheik. I choose Mario because of that godlike Uair and he is like a little Falcon in training (only with projectiles :D). I chose Sheik because she is just a great fighter. I mean, she is the queen of gimps IMO and Needles are a great tool to help you approach. I couldn't ask for anything better than that. So yeah, that makes 4 mains in my arsenal. Now it's time for me to pick secondaries...

Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:36 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Samus: Well, I love the Metroid Games, so I just picked her up to see if she is viable.

Puff: She was my secondary in Brawl, so I just gave it a try and actually found a good Puff.

Pikachu: Pikachu was the first character I ever played in Smash, so I gave him a chance in every Smash afterwards, and this one is by far my favourite. Plus, he has the best recovery out of all who dont have multiple jumps.

Tails: He is fast, has one of the best mobilitys in the game and has some very useful ATs.

Sora: He can combo for days if you dont srcrew up hard. I like how he can like 30%+ in a few seconds, especially with Flowmotion.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:20 am

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
Mario: Well... When I First played Smash 64 (When I was 6) I didn't know who the other characters were (Kill me)

Tails(SSF2): I felt bad for him, Also, He has one of the most accurated Meteor Smashes in the game.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:16 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
It's truly a hard thing when you love something so much that you want to put all of your time into it, only to find that your time is being wasted.

Let me tell you something about me. Something some of you may have already figured on. I want you to know the severity of it. Some of you know that I have a profound and profuse love for foxes...you don't really know. No, you really don't know how much I love foxes. There's one fox in particular that never leaves my thoughts. That fox is Miles "Tails" Prower. I ceaselessly obsess over him and other foxes I keep close (I will not bring up the other two). There was a point in time where I was running out of things that others made for him that I could acquire, so I thought I'd make up my own stuff. Not there was anything else out there right? And then I found this...

When I first discovered Super Smash Flash 2, version 9a was brand new. I found Tails as a playable character and immediately fell in love. I could not stop playing him. I would fight the computer for hours each day because I could not get enough. At the time I didn't understand that I wasn't actually any good at this game. Eventually version 9b was released and online mode was open to the public. I still had a several years long habit of not being able to fight seriously out of fear of offending another player. Then I met DescendedSun. At that moment I changed in a heartbeat. I had to beat him. I was going to do whatever it took to win. I did win, but it was a sloppy fight and I didn't really have a coherent playstyle. DS was prolly just beaten by the sheer nonsense of what I was doing. (He would proceed to have a positive winning record against me in the future.) From that time forward I thought real hard about a lot of things. I loved foxes, I loved Tails, and I loved this game. I wanted to be the best Tails player this game would ever see.

I would log in to play any moment I was not at work. I would fight countless people. As I fought with him I felt like I was actually there. That I was the fox in that arena. I wanted to be someone that when I entered a room, they didn't see Tails Prower, they saw Remilia Prower. That when they saw me they would sit up and take me seriously because they knew that if they didn't they would not be able to overcome me. I can't say I've reached that point. But I keep trying. I try to make myself known. I try to get others to take me seriously. And thus I take myself seriously......too seriously.

This isn't a goal anymore. It's an obsession. I can't make it through my life without thinking about Tails or Remilia. I'm unable to concentrate at work. I'm easily irritated. I can't bring myself to remain calm. I can hardly eat and I can hardly sleep. I have to keep building her up. I have to make her better. I don't even see Tails anymore. When I pick my character, all I see is Remi. I jump from fight to fight looking for a challenge I record every fight I can to figure out what I did right and what needs to be changed. I'm always looking for newer, better competition. I want people to see me. I visit forums and stream sites everyday in hopes that I will have a chance to compete where others can see me.

Tournaments would show up and I would put everything I could on hold to attend if it was in reason (I will not call out of work to play this game). I've only had the chance to seriously participate in five SSF2 tournament. I've placed 2nd I four of them (the other one I tied for 5th). It was hard to bear losing being that close to the end, but I was content with being that close. With the arrival of the X tournament qualifier I said to myself "This is my chance to shine again". So I practiced endlessly against idle targets, computers, and players, in an attempt to truly prepare for it. I wasn't gonna be perfect, but I was gonna be ready for it.

The day of the tournament comes. The workday sucked and my co workers spent time complaining or spacing out. I tried to help all of them but I could not maintain the necessary efforts to make everything work the best they could. I wished Remi was there. But that was ok. Come 6pm est I would be ready to take my shot at the title. It's a silly title that most of the world cared nothing about. But to me it meant everything. I was gonna be ready for it. It was 20 minutes till 6pm. I turned my computer on and got everything ready. I went to the challenge website and witnessed a nightmare worse than death itself "Starting time 3pm est". I misread the tournament time.

I snapped for the 2nd time that day (which is actually still today). But I wasn't gonna yell and scream. I wasn't gonna break something. I was gonna get over it. It's just a game. Everything was gonna be fine. There's always next time..............No, there isn't a next time. I wasn't smart enough to prepare properly. I missed it.

I walked over to my Tails and other fox dolls, went to the corner of my room, curled up, and cried like a quiet child. "You stupid little fox. You should not have stayed at work overtime. You should not have stayed and had food there. They didn't need your help. Can't you do anything right?" I could not stop attacking myself. I still can't let go. These should be simple things. They should be fun. I should not be so upset over one missed little tournament. So what's the big deal?...It's that I cannot stop. I have to be there. I've found something that I love and can't let go of. I'm an addict and I cannot let it go.

This isn't me being salty. This is me bleeding. I'm not here for pity. Everything I do wrong is my own fault and my own problem. I wish Remi was here to hold me and tell me I was doing a good job; that I wasn't wasting my time; that I'm not crazy.

This is the story of my main and my sorrow. It is a pleasure, and it is a pain. Except for the time that I am gone to be a missionary (which will be in about a month) I wish I could let go. I wish I could calm down. Sometimes I even wish I never found this project, but I did. I will not allow myself to regret it. I will be here till this project ends.

I will never stop. I will never let go.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TzOG C
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, SSBB,
^Deep. I don't mean to make what you said shallow but saying "deep" but I can connect with you to an extent and I think everyone can. We're all players who put an unnecessary amount of time into this game only to lose or come so close (some of course win). I know that that's how I feel. Being a Jiggly and wanting to become the best Jiggly Main has left my school, social, and family life, to put simply, a bit out of order. I play everyday only to lose, lose, lose, lose, and lose. So much so that I've decided to take a break from SSF2 starting Monday (I still want my weekend while I look into other activities for the next weekend). I've not been in as much pain as you but I'm sure we've all felt some pain at sometime.

Edit: Pardon any grammatical or spelling errors because it's late and made this post in a rush, sorry.

"Anyone can KNOW everything, few can LEARN everything." ~Me...hopefully lol

The colors don't represent the character's default colors, rather they represent my chosen colors for them.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:12 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy

I like to knee people

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:45 am

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
Gosick wrote:
And to think, the closest I've ever got to my main is: ye, I'd totally hit that .-. making me feel shallow here, rem.

That asides, I'm not one to give life advice, as I'm just a kid. so, bop.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:34 am
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next