The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:31 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
First Character: Ronen 

I may update this character from time to time by improving the story, personality, etc. And yes, I know that the story is somewhat cliched...

If you find some errors in grammar/spelling, please let me know via PM.

Name: Ronen Armex

Appearance: Dark blue eyes, medium-short uncombed black hair, a black hooded cloak (usually worn with the hood down), short sleeved black shirt with a white chain mail undershirt, a steel shoulder pad on his left shoulder, steel bracers with finger-less leather gloves, dark brown pants, a dark leather belt with ten throwing knives hanging off of it, and steel greaves.

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 122 lb.

Personality: He is often calm but is sometimes easily angered. He doesn't often trust others but will help when the situation arises. No matter how much the odds are against him, he forces himself onward. Also, a bit impatient

Skills: Having several years of training, Ronen is able to wield his blade with great speed and accuracy. He'll use throwing knives when forced to fight against enemies fighting from a distance, although, he is not quite as skilled when using them. He can use an odd style of magic in which he causes mana to flow through his weapons, giving it some elemental damage.

Weapon of choice: Garada, a five foot Zweihander with a two-inch thick, serrated blade made from silver tinted with black. A large red gem is held firmly in the hilt.

Hometown: Celista, former capital city of the Republic of Altina

Family:

Father- Gerald (fell in battle)

Mother- Milandra (taken by disease)

Sister- Kestra (killed during bandit raid)

Bio (Will be rewritten eventually): Many would say one chooses their destiny, but sometimes destiny is forced into one's hands. This was the case for Ronen. He once lived peacefully in a large city called Celista with his family, but it changed when their nation, Viathel, was attacked by Kiratorr. His father had then been drafted into the military. He had fallen during the first wave. Now, with no one to support them, they were running low on money preventing them from affording proper medical care. The winter that year was harsh, his mother became ill. She died within a week. All that was left was Ronen and Kestra.

Kestra found a job in the stalls of the town's market to earn enough money to get by. Ronen, too, had gotten a job. He was offered an opportunity to work as a blacksmith. He eventually became well trained in metal craft. It seemed as though the hardships would soon be over, but fate had something else in store for them.

It was the middle of the night. Ronen had woken to the sound of screams. Unsure of what was going on, he grabbed his sword and rushed outside. He was shocked at what he had seen. The city was in flames. Bodies were strewn across the streets, blood staining the ground. The city's guards were doing what they could to hold off the attackers. Horrified, he ran back inside to wake Kestra and tell her the city was being attacked, but she had gone on some errands and had yet to return. Worried about her safety, he ran back outside to find her.

He had searched many blocks and was confronted by bandits several times, but he would not let anything stop his search. Then he heard a scream that cut through the sounds of battle. It seemed as though the world had shifted beneath his feet. He forced his way in the direction of the scream. It was Kestra. She was lying on the ground motionless, a large man wielding a katana stood over her. Filled with rage Ronen took his sword firmly in hand and charged forward. The man turned around, he hesitated when he saw Ronen rushing towards him. That hesitation led to his demise. With a cry, the man fell to the ground, never to get up again.

Now, Ronen's attention now was on Kestra. He dropped the sword on the ground and ran to her side. Kestra slowly opened her eyes. Ronen told to her not to move and helped carry her to a nearby cellar to hide from the fighting. She told Ronen not to worry and gave him a red crystal. It was the family's treasure, and he was being trusted with it. She told him never to lose it, then, all life had left. Ronen remained there, grieving, long after the battle had stopped.

Three years after the city had fallen, Ronen joined a small band of mercenaries, carrying with him a large blade that he crafted by his own hand. It is unknown where fate shall lead him next.

Last edited by Xovos on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 am, edited 11 times in total.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
Name: ...Original.
Appearance: Nice.
Height/Weight: He seems too light for a 5 1/2 footer.
Personality: Not big, but it looks good.
Skill: I don't think this is needed, but good.
Weapon: Shiny?
Home/Family: ...
Bio: I think you could add some details in here. Make it more concise.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Fix'd the weight.

The story... I'm going to work it on later.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 pm

I'd like to input that I'm 5' 7" and 98 lbs*. I don't know what the weight was before but...

*I'm also very lanky and have no fat or muscle so...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:23 pm
 [ 4 posts ]