The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:30 pm

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Ghost 

For Superhuman: The Hunt

Username: Helmic
Name: Whatever is most convenient, people like to name their imaginary cats. Margie called me Luther.
Codename: Ghost
Race: I don't even know if I'm real
Power(s): I am a master of illusions. I've danced in dreams, inspired poets, and perhaps drove one or more murderers into committing suicide. I've made walls melt, demons rise from the earth, and possessed weaker-minded fools. However, I can only influence the mind. I cannot directly cause physical harm. (Help me fiddle with his power level)
Appearance: I make myself known however I want. I typically take the guise of an old, well-groomed gray cat, his eyes more human than natural.
Personality: Maybe I'm a bit nosy. But how can I focus on myself when I don't exist?
Bio: I've always had out of body experiences - even in the womb. But whose womb was I in? Whose body is mine? Was it that stillbirth that wasn't quite dead? It only made sense, he did nothing much. I doubt the agency would have any use for him had he been simply human. He never cried out, never spoke, never opened his eyes. Perhaps I am him, but I can't tell. I don't even know if the agency created me.

The child's since grown old. I've stayed by his motionless body, wanting to take control of him like I have so many others. Yet his flesh refuses my spirit. Perhaps I've wasted all these years trying to reach into him, while my real body rots somewhere far away.

I've heard about another body. Margie told me about it, how it fidgited in sync with my activities. But they've moved it, they're hiding it.

I've been a spirit long enough. They aren't stopping me.
Extra: None

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 am

Waifu: I'm married
Hmmm........
Nothing wrong as far as I see.
Pretty interesting, too.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Wow, for as short as it is, it says so much, yet so little. Not explaining a lot of it makes it mysterious and having him fill the sheet out in first person is an interesting venture. I really love the bio. It keeps it swift and sweet and leaves us wanting more. The end sounds like the last words of the opening speech of a superhero movie. Very, very nice.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 am

Better than I expected.. but how did they capture a ghost? VACUUMS?!

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:17 am
Site Moderator

Hey, Luigi did it, so can you.

Jin wrote:

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:01 pm

I can only partially agree. It's nice, but I feel you're trying to hard on the "deep" end. You're more pushing the character off the cliff then trying to help him off it. You certainly speak twice with one word, but that doesn't mean you're not lacking in the detail department. It could use more, but then again this is already better then half the s*** that graces (should I bother with airquotes?) this section, much less this site as a whole. I also feel that this is the sort of character that would go better without a character sheet then with one. It would simply fit better what with the first-person view and the character as a whole. But maybe that's just the infectious virus of "ROLEPLAY BETTER" that Thaiberium gave me.

If you were aiming for a sort of "dark" character, I think you're a bit off. He seems more depressed and confused then some sort of figure in the night. If not, you've hit the nail on the head. Kudos if so.

At any rate, I'd say good job, but it needs refinement, perhaps a few more details here and there. However you've also proved something that smacks around even the finest of roleplayers: You don't need a six-paragraph bio to have it be considered anything near decent.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Kyzak wrote:
I can only partially agree. It's nice, but I feel you're trying to hard on the "deep" end. You're more pushing the character off the cliff then trying to help him off it. You certainly speak twice with one word, but that doesn't mean you're not lacking in the detail department. It could use more, but then again this is already better then half the s*** that graces (should I bother with airquotes?) this section, much less this site as a whole. I also feel that this is the sort of character that would go better without a character sheet then with one. It would simply fit better what with the first-person view and the character as a whole. But maybe that's just the infectious virus of "ROLEPLAY BETTER" that Thaiberium gave me.

If you were aiming for a sort of "dark" character, I think you're a bit off. He seems more depressed and confused then some sort of figure in the night. If not, you've hit the nail on the head. Kudos if so.

At any rate, I'd say good job, but it needs refinement, perhaps a few more details here and there. However you've also proved something that smacks around even the finest of roleplayers: You don't need a six-paragraph bio to have it be considered anything near decent.

lol nini pulled it off with like a 10 paragraph bio

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Not Sayonara wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

i enjoy writing. <3 So sue me.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Kyzak wrote:
I can only partially agree. It's nice, but I feel you're trying to hard on the "deep" end. You're more pushing the character off the cliff then trying to help him off it. You certainly speak twice with one word, but that doesn't mean you're not lacking in the detail department. It could use more, but then again this is already better then half the s#%$& that graces (should I bother with airquotes?) this section, much less this site as a whole. I also feel that this is the sort of character that would go better without a character sheet then with one. It would simply fit better what with the first-person view and the character as a whole. But maybe that's just the infectious virus of "ROLEPLAY BETTER" that Thaiberium gave me.

Yeah, I don't like to add a lot of details in my character sheets. I'd rather flesh them out as I go along, which is probably where you got the idea that it'd be better without a char sheet at all. And no, I didn't intend for him to be "dark" so much as depressed and reclusive. Sad kindness, I suppose. Everyone's met the type in a nursing home before.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Nini wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

BAD writing!

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:12 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Not Sayonara wrote:
Nini wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

BAD Way better than my writing!

Fixed for truth.

Its ok sayo, i love you no matter how much a troll you are <3

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 pm
Site Moderator

There's a good explanation of his moods.

And if you ever are going to write a 10 paragraph character back story, I always find it's best to treat it as a short novel, rather than a historic biography. Biographies always include the boring elements of a person's life when all we want are the exciting things and key characteristics, life changing events and such.

Jin wrote:

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Nini wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

..Not Sayonara, Quickly! Is it possible to sue for clothing?!

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Kyzak wrote:
Nini wrote:
Not Sayonara wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

..Not Sayonara, Quickly! Is it possible to sue for clothing?!

not really but you could go into pirating for food and clothing

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 pm

You didn't get the sexual-oriented joke at all. For-shame.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:23 am
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next