The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:45 pm

[ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Superhuman: The Hunt 

Hammurabi didn't look up to her. "Psionic Blast." he muttered. "Lucasta has only done it once before, but it weakens her severely. She's out cold at the moment because of it. It's not something she can do at will..." He turned around, watching the path go by them. "I can't say too much for the agent. His brain has already probably become mush. He'll live, but he won't be able to do anything ever again."
He pulled Lucasta close and held her tightly.
"How long until we reach the city?"

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Kuru was interupted mid-giggle by the intercom in the room. "Dr. Kuru you are requested in Vision's office for discussion on the capture of the superhumans," a woman's voice had said through the speaker. He arose from his bed and walked towards the intercom system. He pressed a button and spoke. "I'll be there immediately!" he exclaimed. He then released the button,"Seems I'll be called to duty tonight. I better grab the anti-sleep pills and my newest little inventions." He giggled and ran for his closet. He proceeded to kick the door down in enthusiasm and stuck his hand into the back of the closet. Out came his hand holding a long object covered it a cloth.

He dashed for Vision's office. He opened the door welcomed by Vision puffing on a cigar. "So I assume I start tonight?!?" he said with a most joyus smile in the most twisted way. His posture was altered slightly by the wieght of the large object he was carrying.

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:17 am

OOC: Ahh... Deux are they moving toward the facility or away from the facility, I know it might take some time but you should review everything from the start to have a better idea.

(Damn it, I should find some way to leave, I can only give one shot till my charges are over and I am getting a bit sleepy, I was planning to recharge myself inside the facility but I should find some where else to recharge myself.) Ray thought as he goes toward the old lumberjack house, (I just hope what the hell she smelled would get her busy, There should be some electricity source in the lumberjack house.)

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:44 am

Currently Playing: Vanquish
Dragon fang wrote:
OOC: Ahh... Deux are they moving toward the facility or away from the facility, I know it might take some time but you should review everything from the start to have a better idea.

OOC: they moving towards away from the facility, I'm pretty sure I reviewed everything...then again..I'm still waiting for Kiki..

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:00 pm
Site Admin

OOC: Yeah Dragon's right they're moving away though I think Dragon was confused because you were originally stalking Huntress and Ray but then you some how ended up ahead of the truck in order to shoot Sabrina. So in my post I kinda made it so that you were shot them from a great distance behind instead of from in front since they're driving away. So all is well.

Sabrina nodded, no remorse was felt for the agent who had been taken out, his destiny was sealed. She was still worried for the little girl, hopefully after all of this was over she'd be able to go to school or the park and do stuff that kids like her deserved to do.

"We should be there in a few hours" grumbled the lumberjack. "We need to get farther away before-" there was a thud and a cry of pain. Something had flown straight through the forest and shot at Sabrina's shoulder, there was no blood but it was very painful. She cried out in pain, while Terrence growled, looking around to see who had attacked them.

"We're under attack" said Terrence calmly, "We'll need to pick up the pace" The lumberjack nodded then swerved to the right into an area densely populated with trees which had to be weaved about while driving at an even faster pace, the truck no longer capable of picking up any speed.

"Everyone stay down, or you'll get hit." said Terrence taking control of the situation, he turned to Sabrina who had slid down out of sight of the forest. "Are you alright?" he murmured while touching the wound in her shoulder.

"It hurts...a lot" she replied, shaking every time he touched it.

"Do you think you'll be able to create a forcefield?" he asked. She shook her head no.

"I'll go distract them" said one of the quieter escapees.

"No stay here we're stronger together"

"They'll catch us if I don't do something...nobody else is doing anything." Before anyone could say anything else, the boy jumped off of the truck and ascended into the sky. He began clapping his hands and large gusts of wind blew violently through the forest, as if a nearby helicopter was landing. He looked back at the truck that continued to drive away in the distance, quickly becoming a dot on the morning horizon.

Jason was taken and thrown into a dark room without any source of light. He wondered whether the person with the illusionary powers had managed to escape or sneak back into the facility. He cupped his hands together and formed a small fire looking around to see what was in the room. It appeared that the walls were made our of steel or an alloy of some sort, knowing the agents they probably did something to it, making them fireproof. He sighed and leaned his back against one of the cold walls.

A woman agent stood in the clearing that the lumberjack's house resided in. She looked sad though when she saw Ray she was surprised. She walked over to the boy and it appeared that the clothing and height and appearance of the woman faded off like particles of dust, leaving a younger girl standing before the boy. "You managed to escape Huntress?!" she exclaimed. "Wow! You must be really good with your powers!" She handed him a backpack that sat atop a pile of similar ones at the base of a stump. "Here take this, it has a whole bunch of stuff in it"

Huntress, still disturbed by the unusual smell followed the trail. Her footfalls not making a single sound as she ran towards the source. Having gotten closer she became more weary, she looked around, her eyes spotting every minute thing. She spotted something in the trees, some sort of monster, or perhaps a low budget experiment of Kuru. She backed away from the creature her eyes remaining on it as she did so.

"Yes, we shall start today" stated Vision. He looked at the object with an odd expression. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to know but he felt that if it was something gruesome it would be pleasing to see the other agents faces repelled by the scientist. He admired how the doctor produced fear through quirkiness a feat he would never bother to attempt. "Might I ask...what are you holding?" asked Vision while putting out his cigar.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm

OOC: I'm terribly sorry, I made a very bold assumption, I just assumpted that Huntress was close, and well...I was off course..Sorry Kiki, Sorry Dragon. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Stinger had made a direct hit with his stinger,
He put his left upper sting-appendege back into his coat. But before he could continue on with his pursuit, The scent of Huntress was close, very close.

Was she now stalking him? he wondered in his mind, He extended his sharp claw's...
but before going down to strike, he had an idea...

He jumped from the tree and to follow the trail of the truck, he didn't slow it down as it seemed, but the scent of diesel was still strong in his nostrils. So he ran at a moderate pace toward the scent, then a wind, came over him..

a strong one, almost like a gust, more and more of them came, till one blew off his fedora, and his trench coat was wildly flapping up and down, he took it off, as it would slow him down.
before Stinger could get to the road he saw a boy cabove the canopy, clapping his hands, wildly.
A superhuman, one of his target's...He readied all of his sting-apppendege's, and then he climbed up and behind on of the tree's closer to the boy he climbed so high up that the wind was stonger, but Jona's balance was like an iron rod driven into the dirt. His clawed feet grasped the bark, he was now facing the back of the boy, who was looking toward the truck.

Heaimed his hand and at his spine, and in a split second, fired five deadly nail's heading straight and quickly towards the boy's back.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Kuru's assumption was correct. Tonight he will have to capture his experiments. "Might I ask...what are you holding?" asked Vision while putting out his cigar. "Oh this little thing," Kuru began. He threw off the sheets covering the object. "This is my weapon of choice!" Revealed was was a long staff that appeared to look like a giant scapel. The handel shone silver and had multiple type of bones designed in it. The blade glared red and black, clashing with the color of the handle. At the other end was a green spike. "It is a tool I've been developing for quite a while now." Kuru twirled the weapon around whimsly."The handle was crafted from the femor's of failed experiments. I only chose the ones that seemed the strongest and hardest. I then covered them in a titanium alloy. The blade here," he stuck the spiked end into the floor," is constucted of a special arrangement of carbon atoms that are harder than diamonds would ever be and fused with a meteorite I found that had some strange properties that allowed me to form the carbon atoms into this blade." He then flipped the large scapel over to the side with the spike." This here is made from steel that I infused with the venom of the most deadliest creatures on earth." He proceeded to toss the weapon on his back. "I made myself imune to the venom only incase any accidents happened. Are you impressed Vision?" He asked with a smirk.

Blue Mage wrote:

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Hammurabi took a deep breath in, and exhaled. "How long until we're out of here?" he thought. "Lucasta might need medical attention soon..." He stared down at her, she didn't seem at peace even though she was asleep. It's been said that espers usually have dreams haunted with the cries of the dead in their head, echoing on and on. A peaceful existence shattered.
"We're pretty far into the forest now. Hopefully this nightmare can end soon." he voiced out to the others. "So, where is everyone planning on going and doing with their lives?"

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:40 pm

OOC:I hope I'm not auto-hitting..I really do...

The sharp nails flew into the air, until they struck the boy hovering high above the trees.
He screamed in pain and lost focus, he fell to the ground.

As much as Jona's wanted the boy the hit the ground, but he knew form this height, he would mostly be crushed and he didn't want that..

He jumped down after him, and dived down tucking his arms in for acceleration. Jona's grabbed his body by the collar and extended his claws to maximum length (2 feet) he was near the trunk of the tree, and just seconds before hitting the ground he sank his nails into the bark of the tall plant, and slowed down and soon stopped, a foot from the forest floor.
He dropped the boy on his belly and checked his pulse.

It was faint, very faint but he was still living...but for how long?
Huntress was near by he could smell her and she was aware that he was here.
He left the boy where he was, and ran back toward the road to continue to track the rest of the fugitives.
He ran at a moderate pase, He knew he wasn't to far away from his prey.

Last edited by King of Squids on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:49 pm

(What the hell... How did they get here so fast.) Ray asked himself trying to avoid using any more charges, (Great a shape shifter, Either she is an escaper who was disguised or either she is an agent in disguise.) Ray thought to himself, as he ignores the girl and walks toward the door ready to break it if needed, (I am here for one purpose, I must make sure I can defend myself first.) Ray thought as he tries to find an electricity plug.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:15 pm

as Jona continued running the scent would grow stronger and then weaker, there was no way he could physically outrun a truck.
He didn't see the truck anywhere in his sights all he could was smell the fumes it was giving off.

He picked up the pace and still no signs, but the scent was getting stronger atleast...

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:49 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Oh dear, the good Doctor Kuru was joining the hunt. He was a twisted man in FUNGUS' eyes. Kuru probably fed off the pain and excitement that experimenting on live subjects would bring. Well that was not his problem. The problem was staying away from the man who could hinder his plans to return the children to the facility. It was probably a self-imposed challenge but FUNGUS wanted to bring them back with the least violence possible. He still hadn't taken a seat, if he did, the oversized scalpel could have lopped off a limb or two.

"Sir, may I ask for the full list of the escaped children and their powers?," he asked his senior.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:03 pm
Site Moderator

"Does it deflect projectiles?" Wyatt asked, crossing both his legs and arms as he sat. Kuru didn't really bother him in the slightest, unless he got in his way of course. "By the way, Vison, so what are we gonna do?.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:41 pm

"Depends what is being projected. Human projectiles it deflects with no problems. Fireballs and other of my experiments elemental powers are reflected like a baseball hitting a baseball bat. Doesn't take well with explosives though." Kuru didn't even bother to look at Wyatt when he responded to his questions. He just stared at Vision, awaiting what he was going to say.

Blue Mage wrote:

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:13 am
Site Admin

OOC: Yes Deux that was autohitting though don't worry about it ^.^

Alexander fell to the ground,the pain knocking him unconscious immediately. He didn't feel the pain of the collision with the ground, he drifted into darkness. Huntress' keen ears ears heard the thump as well as the sound of something hard scraping against the tree. She looked in the direction that the lightning boy had headed, and looked in the direction where the sound had come from. She shrugged and smiled to herself "This shouldn't take too long" she said as she ran in the direction the boy had ran.

Vision nodded contentedly, pleased with the crazed scientists invention. It would be a good asset to have for their pursuit. He then turned to respond to FUNGUS' question. He took out a sheet of paper and placed it on the desk in front of himself.
Code:
Chelsea - Phasing, Invisibility
Donald - Super strength.
Terrence - Shape shifting (animals)
Mary - Sonic sound wave production
Sabrina - Force fields
King - Heightened senses, fearsome aura
Esther - Shape shifting (people)
Alexander - Wind manipulation
Ray - Electric manipulation
Lucasta - High Potential Telepath, Power enhancer
Adda - Accelerated Healing
Ravi - High Speed Flight
Eric - Plant manipulation
Gloria - Energy Beams, Light manipulation
Brenda - Monkey-like abilities
Jerry - Technopath, Technokinetic
Thomas - Energy Absorbtion
Pierre - Tiger-like abilities
Jaylynn - Hydrogen manipulation
Tiandra - Shape shifting (birds)
Mark - Growth changes
***Liberty*** - Impenetrable skin, enhanced endurance, strength and speed.
***Rei*** - Imagination creation
*Note* If you feel that you are in some sort of dream while awake use the device dream catchers"

"Yes," said Vision while leaning on the desk with his fingers laced together "It is quite the list, but it is urgent that these specific people are returned immediately to the facility, if you happen to find others bring them as well. I want them all alive. The things we do here are expensive...and if any of the higher-ups here of this escape they'll shut down the facility and I wouldn't be surprised if they "erased" everyone along with it." Vision then took out a set of hand held devices and placed them on the desk one for each of the agents that stood before him. "These will serve as a means of communication between yourselves, as well as with us here at base. It has special features that will allow you to find superhumans who have altered there appearance or disappeared from sight. It has also been designed so that some of you technically inclined can fiddle around with it to enhance it better than anything I could cook up in short notice." He leaned back in his chair his gaze scanned each of the agents "I expect you to find them, failure is not an option. You are dismissed. The vehicles should be out back waiting for you."

"Hey! Wait up!" called Esther after the boy. She followed the boy as he entered the cabin, it was dark inside so she flipped on the switch. Inside the room was lined by computers, screens, and various scanners that whirred and pinged in a low drone. Esther looked around incredulously, "Wow!" she said "I would never have guessed from the outside that in here would be so...wow!" In the kitchen were various state of the art appliances plugged into various plugs waiting to be turned on and used.

The truck continued to lumber through the forest on no discernible paths. The lumber jack seemed troubled, his brows came together and his stared ahead and weaved around the trees, he grunted. "Three people taken out or gone, time to activate the truck" He scratched at something with one hand while he continued to steer with his other. There was a sudden mechanical whir as engines came out of the side of the pick up truck, and a metal roof came over the back of the truck. The engines sparked to life immediately and the truck rocketed forward, Sabrina, Terrence and the other superhumans looked around as computer monitors and keyboards flipped out of the truck, revealing radars, maps, and a camera views around the truck.

"What is this?" asked Terrence

"There have been a lot more superhuman escapes than you know of" stated the man

"Are you one?" asked one of the superhumans.

"No. Though when they took my son away, I started helping those who opposed the facility"

"So there are a lot of superhumans out in the world?"

"Not a lot, probably not even ten, but yes they're out there." The lumberjack looked at one of the screens "We should be reaching our destination shortly, there are first aid kits back there look and see if there's anything to help."

The phone rang in Edmund's apartment unceasingly.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:07 pm
 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next