The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:14 pm

[ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia XI [Pick Your Poison] 

Vote:Dephius

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
So you're just gonna vote and explain nothing?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:25 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
He wanted to see your reaction?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:35 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Lol why is it always deph who gets reaction tested day one

Anyway nixter should be conversing, I don't give a s*** about any "x person is always inactive" nonsense. That's not a valid excuse. If you play mafia, you contribute.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Yo sorry yo I said I'll be more active.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Believeblood wrote:
Vote:Dephius

Didn't you just say we shouldn't be rushing a lynch, and you vote without reasoning?
Nixter wrote:
He wanted to see your reaction?

Why do you so readily defend someone on Day 1? We don't even know who we should be trusting yet.
FoS: BB
FoS: Nixter

AMA

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Not rushing a lynch otherwise I would have given a reason, I'm searching for reactions.
The first day is always slow, unless someone is being pressured we're never gonna get anywhere. I chose to pressure someone who is not within the group of overly active people,(Me, the one who knocked, caki, Tid, and even Nixter.)
The problem with reaction tests though is that as soon as the person knows their being tested it won't work.
So yeah, thanks.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 pm

DP
I forgot to do this in my last post Unvote

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
BB, while I usually approve reaction tests, I think trying to test someone which isn't being active is not very useful. Aside from trying to defend themselves, when you do a vote like that, with no justification, they just pop in and then dissapear again. Not only this doesn't help the town, but also it makes you look like you are trying to move the day when clearly you are not.

If you are going to vote someone, find a better way, and don't claim it to be a reacting test so soon.

Two errors in the same day are a bit much for a player which hasn't lost in McleodGaming Mafia so far.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:05 pm

CaKI wrote:
BB, while I usually approve reaction tests, I think trying to test someone which isn't being active is not very useful. Aside from trying to defend themselves, when you do a vote like that, with no justification, they just pop in and then dissapear again. Not only this doesn't help the town, but also it makes you look like you are trying to move the day when clearly you are not.

If you are going to vote someone, find a better way, and don't claim it to be a reacting test so soon.

Two errors in the same day are a bit much for a player which hasn't lost in McleodGaming Mafia so far.

Thanks for the advice also I'm flattered that you think so highly of me, but no, I'm not a good mafia player. Usually I pretty much win by pure luck and have made plenty mistakes in most of the game I participate in.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
I'd like to make a point of BB also going out of his way to include Nixter in that list of active people despite us just discussing that he hasn't been so far.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Tid wrote:
I'd like to make a point of BB also going out of his way to include Nixter in that list of active people despite us just discussing that he hasn't been so far.

I was going by if the person had posted on the 29th. That's what I meant by overly active. If a person has not posted for a few days they are inactive, but if they post and continue posting up until the current day then they become overly active.
Nixter WAS inactive, but he has posted multiple times today making him one of the active peopl.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm

I wasn't active at all, I don't get what BB is going on about, and the reason I defended BB in the first place was because someone, or many people always random lynch and stuff on day one, I thought it was almost like a given, so that's why I tried to explain, and it's not like Deph would have been taken out on day one, anyway, as no one would be stupid enough to go off on a random vote. And BB, if you're trying to make the both of us look like scum, I'll go on a limb and vote you off, for my own good. :/

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Might I also add an eye for an eye is in favour of the Mafia, so BB trying to act like a s*** scum and kill us both would give the Mafia big advantage, no? But the thing is BB isn't bad at this game at all, he's really good, might I add. But why would the Mafia want one of their best players dead? Because, of course, no one would see it coming, or something like that.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 pm

An eye for an eye is completely stupid when planned from the mafia perspective, especially do to the lack of members that the mafia have. I really thought you were going to be an active member(maybe it's because you respond to my "let's not rush a lynch" post and you even personally said you were going to.)
Also why would I want to make you and I look like scum if I'm innocent, that would make absolutely no sense unless I thought you were a scum, which I didn't. The fact that you would vote me off for your own good does kind of unsettles me though.
Also if I was mafia there is no way I would ever put myself in such a risky position especially since doing your eye for an eye trick is pointless.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 pm
 [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next