The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:41 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Ikr, his Getsuga makes like 0 sense.

YouTube Video:

How can you turn Ichigo's devastating signature move from Bleach (which destroys like 80% of the bad guys in the show btw) into a move that can't even barely knock away at 999%?

Its like if they made Kamehameha weak like before.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:50 pm

ShadowMario2600 wrote:

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz69EsceBKQ ]
How can you turn Ichigo's devastating signature move from Bleach (which destroys like 80% of the bad guys in the show btw) into a move that can't even barely knock away at 999%?

I flipped my s*** when I got to this part of the anime.

His lag on most moves needs to be fixed, the fact that they all take a split second sends me into a frenzy.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:28 pm

LilMac wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:

His lag on most moves needs to be fixed, the fact that they all take a split second sends me into a frenzy.

The Final Getsugatensho though...
Anyway, I'm not saying they should make the move like what it was before, but they should really make the move be able to be compared to moves like Rasen Shuriken and Kamehameha.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:20 pm

ShadowMario2600 wrote:
LilMac wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:

The Final Getsugatensho though...
Anyway, I'm not saying they should make the move like what it was before, but they should really make the move be able to be compared to moves like Rasen Shuriken and Kamehameha.

i remember in 9a is was swift and fluid, and worked as a space keeper.

i was unstoppable back then *looks onto the distance*

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:43 pm

lol

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:34 pm

MGN Username: KevinExtreme100
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2.. Duhh?
I am wondering... the special attacks of ichigo's sword have a blue kinda color.
And the normal ones have Orange.

Is that ment to change in the future or not?

Competitive: :luigi: :captainfalcon: :naruto:

Fun: :blackmage: :isaac: :bowser: :goku:

Bored: :fox: :megaman: :ichigo: :sora:

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
Something I need to point out that really needs fixing is the invincibility frames in his evasions. His left and right as well as ledge evasions have a way too short invincibility span which, given the length of the animations as well as how slow they are, makes them nearly useless. His aerial evasion also needs improvement because the animation is way too long and can easily lead players to S.D. themselves, especially given how horrible Ichigo's recovery is.

ImageImageImage

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:56 pm

for ichigo he should have something like goku to like when he goes down b he should go bankai and have a hole new set of moves and his final smash should be his full hallow :isaac:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
akioson wrote:
for ichigo he should have something like goku to like when he goes down b he should go bankai and have a hole new set of moves and his final smash should be his full hallow :isaac:

That wouldn't work.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:25 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Beastytreats wrote:
akioson wrote:

That wouldn't work.

It's most likely a troll Praeto, just don't pay attention to it.

BlazingBarrager wrote:
Something I need to point out that really needs fixing is the invincibility frames in his evasions. His left and right as well as ledge evasions have a way too short invincibility span which, given the length of the animations as well as how slow they are, makes them nearly useless. His aerial evasion also needs improvement because the animation is way too long and can easily lead players to S.D. themselves, especially given how horrible Ichigo's recovery is.

I agree with this. The same goes for tech options as well. Due to :ichigo: and :naruto: unique roll animations, I am not sure if they have last invincibility frames to suffice and I normally get hit out of them. I would like more invincibility or the right amount of frames on it, same thing with 100% ledge attack.

I am conflicted about Ichigo's approach options. I want them to be more safe on shield, but this will give certain players more reason to keep spamming DA, SS, DW.

I do think Ichigo should have better mobility again. He had good dashing speed in v0.9a. I would like that again or at least good vertical mobility to help with his air game. I am also still not sure why he has one more frame before he jumps like most other characters.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:45 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
Beastytreats wrote:
akioson wrote:

That wouldn't work.

LOL that'd be so broken, besides, Kaioken isn't even Goku's final form. Bankai is.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:
I agree with this. The same goes for tech options as well. Due to :ichigo: and :naruto: unique roll animations, I am not sure if they have last invincibility frames to suffice and I normally get hit out of them. I would like more invincibility or the right amount of frames on it, same thing with 100% ledge attack.

I am conflicted about Ichigo's approach options. I want them to be more safe on shield, but this will give certain players more reason to keep spamming DA, SS, DW.

I do think Ichigo should have better mobility again. He had good dashing speed in v0.9a. I would like that again or at least good vertical mobility to help with his air game. I am also still not sure why he has one more frame before he jumps like most other characters.

His DS also needs to be improved. Aside from that small spike chance during the animation, it's pretty much a flashy move and nothing more. It doesn't have a lot of knockback and I think its damage is a little weak. Really its only positives is again that spike potential (which is too hard to pull off to be beneficial) and its trapping ability. Also does his Side-Special only damage opponents when Ichigo exits the invincibility frames?

Also something that can be changed with his Bankai's Neutral-Special is have the uncharged/midcharged/etc versions have quicker animations like how his Down-Special was when Final Smashes were first introduced (without using his mask). Since .9b nerfed the damage unless you get your charge close to full, this would make up for the damage since the start-up lag is so long. Also that movement ability when used in the air needs to be dropped because it just looks so stupid.

ImageImageImage

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:34 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

His DS also needs to be improved. Aside from that small spike chance during the animation, it's pretty much a flashy move and nothing more. It doesn't have a lot of knockback and I think its damage is a little weak. Really its only positives is again that spike potential (which is too hard to pull off to be beneficial) and its trapping ability. Also does his Side-Special only damage opponents when Ichigo exits the invincibility frames?

Also something that can be changed with his Bankai's Neutral-Special is have the uncharged/midcharged/etc versions have quicker animations like how his Down-Special was when Final Smashes were first introduced (without using his mask). Since .9b nerfed the damage unless you get your charge close to full, this would make up for the damage since the start-up lag is so long. Also that movement ability when used in the air needs to be dropped because it just looks so stupid.

I meant to include down smash and forward tilt in my argument.

Down smash damage out put is wonky with my tests showing that uncharged does more damage then a fully charged one. The weak meteor smash that the move does make it lackluster compared to last demo and the shupo effect was very unnecessary. This is one of the few nerfs Ichigo got this demo.

Forward tilt should become a KO move again. Last demo it was a decent KO move, not like :goku: nor :megaman: f tilts, but at least it killed. This demo, it doesn't kill until at least over 200% for most characters.

Concerning his up special, I do think it needs to cover a little bit more distance while also being faster, like Chibi's buffed Chibi-Coptor.

For Getsuga Tenshou, I would like less start up for the move. Opponents will still know its coming so I think its a fair trade off.

For his throws, I would like a bit more hitstun on up and forward throw to allow for more follow ups.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Was his Forward Tilt just as fast in .9a? I mean if it was slower than the traded speed for power would make sense. If not, then yeah it needs to be buffed.

Yea that's one of my main annoyances with his recovery. The fact that he has a fast drop from the air combined with his Up-Special covering little distance makes him more akin to Little Mac in Smash 4. I get that his Up-Special on the ground is a great combo starter and has great aerial defense, but considering his recovery has been bad for a while now it's a little lackluster. This especially goes with the fact that his DA is hard to pull off because of that slight start-up lag and how it can only hit opponents in the front. Making Getsuga Tenshou an extra recovery option is just plain stupid and further adds to how it's poorly represented in the game.

Getsuga Tenshou needs to go back to being an offensive projectile, not something used for defense and crowd control. The wind effect doesn't help much, it's so slow that it can be reflected with your shield (which I don't know why that was implemented), and it's out-prioritized by a mid-charge Rasengan. Down-Throw also needs to change because outside of being used for edge disruption it offers little damage or combo potential.

ImageImageImage

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:12 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
Was his Forward Tilt just as fast in .9a? I mean if it was slower than the traded speed for power would make sense. If not, then yeah it needs to be buffed.

Yea that's one of my main annoyances with his recovery. The fact that he has a fast drop from the air combined with his Up-Special covering little distance makes him more akin to Little Mac in Smash 4. I get that his Up-Special on the ground is a great combo starter and has great aerial defense, but considering his recovery has been bad for a while now it's a little lackluster. This especially goes with the fact that his DA is hard to pull off because of that slight start-up lag and how it can only hit opponents in the front. Making Getsuga Tenshou an extra recovery option is just plain stupid and further adds to how it's poorly represented in the game.

Getsuga Tenshou needs to go back to being an offensive projectile, not something used for defense and crowd control. The wind effect doesn't help much, it's so slow that it can be reflected with your shield (which I don't know why that was implemented), and it's out-prioritized by a mid-charge Rasengan. Down-Throw also needs to change because outside of being used for edge disruption it offers little damage or combo potential.

I think its the same speed.

I wouldn't compare his recover to Little Mac's, that's going to far. I wouldn't say that his up special is a good combo starter. I would say his recovery has improved a lot.

I am okay with both, but this gives GT more strategy instead of people just spamming it and also helps with his recovery.

Perfect or Power shielding, whatever you want to call it, was something from Melee and I am okay with it since it rewards you for timing.

Down throw is a great throw, its useful for starting combos, setting up tech chases and if you D.I. wrong, can lead into a f smash. It's a big improvement over his down throw last demo.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:27 pm
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 36  Next