The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next
Lloyd 

Illegal memes on forums. I'd rather not torture myself watching it.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:18 pm

MGN Username: sickness71
I must say Lloyd is unfortunately worthy to be banned. Lloyd's down special and side special have proven overly dominant against all other moves. His down special would be ok if it had a range of some sort but no, potentially infinite range assuming they are on the same platform. His side B has too much knockback and priority for its speed. I am not against the move entirely but I think the move should have a little more starting lag and maybe, just maybe a little less knockback. Otherwise Lloyd is a fair character and not a very dominant swordsman. He could get a buffed recovery and maybe more responsive aerials but I strongly suggest nerfing his down special and side special. :lloyd:

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:13 pm

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
Dude if people are dying to side special they are either 110+% or have the worst Di ever

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:48 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
*sigh* It's posts like this that the devs prioritise over others when balancing...
Down B has enough start up frames to react to it, this shouldn't be a problem on stages like DL64, YS and BF.
Side B only kills certain chars early either because they're lightweight or fast fallers. But 'early' would be like 80%

If you're struggling against a Lloyd using down b, how about you stay close to them? Down B wouldn't work unless there's decent distance between you and your opponent.

If that still doesn't convince you, Lloyd only solidly wins 15/28 MUs. The rest he either loses or are slightly even or stage dependent.

So no, Lloyd doesn't need to be banned.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:36 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
sickness71 wrote:
I must say Lloyd is unfortunately worthy to be banned. Lloyd's down special and side special have proven overly dominant against all other moves. His down special would be ok if it had a range of some sort but no, potentially infinite range assuming they are on the same platform. His side B has too much knockback and priority for its speed. I am not against the move entirely but I think the move should have a little more starting lag and maybe, just maybe a little less knockback. Otherwise Lloyd is a fair character and not a very dominant swordsman. He could get a buffed recovery and maybe more responsive aerials but I strongly suggest nerfing his down special and side special. :lloyd:

I would also like to point out that those bolded bits are really self-contradicting.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:37 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
The only moves of Lloyd that needs nerfs are DownB and SideB?

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:00 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Lloyd has some OP bs but down special is not among it. I think people get hung up on the fact that it has infinite range without thinking about how you can jump or shield with plenty of time time to spare on reaction. It gets better with worse connections but it's still not OP. Side special isn't either. The worst things about Lloyd are things that are strong and also not especially interesting, like nair to grab and things of that nature. Banning Lloyd is laughable regardless - he's not even the best character.

Suli Hyuga wrote:
*sigh* It's posts like this that the devs prioritise over others when balancing...

What does this even mean lol

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Waifu: Yume
Faceless Void wrote:

Suli Hyuga wrote:

I think he's saying that because the post is so over dramatic the devs will look more into its points.
Because they're tooootttally in capable of seeing how silly the post itself is. right.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Grave Blade isn't OP in neutral, but it borders on busted as a whiff punish tool and basically eliminates the knockdown guessing game by letting Lloyd cover every option without risk. That's partially due to the increased action delay on missed techs in SSF2 as compared to official titles, but part of the problem definitely still lies with Grave Blade itself.

Sonic Thrust is pretty dumb. It isn't "overpowered" by any means, but it falls pretty close to the zone of "I'ma just throw this out and you're gonna have to deal lol"-type tools. This is primarily due to how long the strong hitbox lasts, but it's really a combination of everything from the speed, power and angle of trajectory of the move to the fact that the it can be used in the air in order to create a big wall of sucks to be you.

Lloyd is probably the best character in the v0.9b endgame, but I don't think we'll get to that point before Beta releases. He has the ability to turn the game into a 1-player exercise of perfect option coverage and neutral control in almost every matchup other than the ditto, and that is a scary thing indeed.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:45 pm

MGN Username: sickness71
X2C wrote:
Faceless Void wrote:

Suli Hyuga wrote:

I think he's saying that because the post is so over dramatic the devs will look more into its points.
Because they're tooootttally in capable of seeing how silly the post itself is. right.

I won't deny that I can make overly dramatic suggestions although being that Lloyd is a top tier character and watching Lloyd's play in tournaments I think it's fair to say that there is a need of nerfing and buffing on this character. Also saying that the moves can be avoided by shielding or jumping is very pointless being that any move can and should be avoided as such. I truly only bring the down special up as a problem cuz every time I'm online or with friends this is all I see, spam down special till I get hit or finally somehow approach them then side special to knock me away and repeat. Maybe I just have strangely bad luck but after experiencing that consistently I am tired of it, players need to be given a reason to not spam and sometimes nerfing is a way (not the only way or most favored but...) :lloyd:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:48 pm

sickness71 wrote:
X2C wrote:
Faceless Void wrote:

Suli Hyuga wrote:

I won't deny that I can make overly dramatic suggestions although being that Lloyd is a top tier character and watching Lloyd's play in tournaments I think it's fair to say that there is a need of nerfing and buffing on this character. Also saying that the moves can be avoided by shielding or jumping is very pointless being that any move can and should be avoided as such. I truly only bring the down special up as a problem cuz every time I'm online or with friends this is all I see, spam down special till I get hit or finally somehow approach them then side special to knock me away and repeat. Maybe I just have strangely bad luck but after experiencing that consistently I am tired of it, players need to be given a reason to not spam and sometimes nerfing is a way (not the only way or most favored but...) :lloyd:

I main Lloyd. I do no such thing. Stop playing online randoms and go to Anther's Ladder to find people of your level who dont spam. Yes Lloyd is worthy of nerfs. But not to that extent. File your complaints to me.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Faceless Void wrote:

It means salty posts are everywhere and the devs legitimately take it into consideration at times (e.g. Fox up throw).
sickness71 wrote:

How else do you want to avoid a move? Jesus Christ.

Also, if you're losing to tactics such as down b spam and side b anti airs then you're either not thinking at all when playing or you're just not cut out to play fighting games, period.

Here's a little video that might convince you that down b spam should not work:
YouTube Video:

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 am

Suli Hyuga wrote:
Here's a little video that might convince you that down b spam should not work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V1UL5gEFZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V1UL5gEFZw

You know what shouldn't work? That f throw kill. :pikachu:

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:18 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The main thing I hate side-B for is that in some MU's it makes edgeguarding near-guaranteed. If you don't have perfect sweetspots every time or you're Marth, side-B will hit and probably finish you off. And if you use it offstage, it can even cover those.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:24 am

MGN Username: KarkVant
Currently Playing: with my dick
Why does Lloyd's down special hit all characters on the same horizontal plane as Lloyd? I understand that it's supposed to hit people on the same platform as you, but it can cross gaps of empty space. I think Lloyd's down special should only hit opponents on the same platform as Lloyd.

Image Image
Somebody hates my JJBA memes, so naturally I had to make more and put them in my signature

My main men: :captainfalcon: :metaknight:

For messing around: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :donkeykong:

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:23 pm
 [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next