The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:33 pm

[ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next
Mario 

Could we Mario mains have a wall jump?

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:52 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
No char has a walljump yet. They will be added, and you definetly can expect the worlds biggest riot if Mario wont get one.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:53 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Cookies wrote:
No char has a walljump yet. They will be added, and you definetly can expect the worlds biggest riot if Mario wont get one.

Yep

Actually doesn't need Wall jumping right now because his recovery is better than it is in any of the main games.

However, it will be good for mix ups.

Not sure if we could use the super jump punch, wall jump cancel into another super jump punch.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:04 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
ZERO_OR wrote:
Cookies wrote:

Yep

Actually doesn't need Wall jumping right now because his recovery is better than it is in any of the main games.

Not sure if we could use the super jump punch, wall jump cancel into another super jump punch.

I think Sonic had (still has?) a walljump, last demo I once saw the Sonic CPU repeat side-b into something that looked like a walljump over and over on Central highway's rightmost wall.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Godot wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
Cookies wrote:

Yep

I think Sonic had (still has?) a walljump, last demo I once saw the Sonic CPU repeat side-b into something that looked like a walljump over and over on Central highway's rightmost wall.

Hmmm interesting. It could come in handy, but Mario most likely will have to lose something in return.

Just tested it out, Sonic nor Pikachu can wall jump this demo.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:21 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I could see him losing the refresh-on-hit quality of his down B so he only gets it once per air time.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Savy, eh? wrote:
I could see him losing the refresh-on-hit quality of his down B so he only gets it once per air time.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It gives him one of the best vertical recoveries in the game, but I can see him losing that.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:34 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Someone made a point about Mario being a potential counter to :naruto: . I'm wondering what you guys think of this.

Also, who would you say Mario's worst MU is?

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:39 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
IDK about Mario-Naruto, because Cape is just not good enough to handle Naruto's clones and Naruto wins the punish game. I think Mario's worst MU is probably Marth or Zelda because they can shut him down in neutral.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Every swordsman apart from Link and Sora is difficult to deal with; Marth and Lloyd are the primary offenders. As for Naruto, Mario works as a low-level counter against Narutos whose game plan revolves entirely around clones, but Naruto definitely wins the matchup at a higher level.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Savy, eh? wrote:
Every swordsman apart from Link and Sora is difficult to deal with; Marth and Lloyd are the primary offenders. As for Naruto, Mario works as a low-level counter against Narutos whose game plan revolves entirely around clones, but Naruto definitely wins the matchup at a higher level.

Mario's has the edge guard, can counter Naruto's stage control and survibilty advantage over Naruto. Some of his aerials such as neutral air and back air can deal with Naruto's projectiles.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:30 pm
BR Member

Naruto gets edgeguarded by everyone, and is balanced with that in mind, so being double dead doesn't exactly make much of a difference. How does Mario compete with Naruto's stage control? A good Naruto can just side-B, bait the Cape, and aerial down-B, dair, or roll behind to punish. Same thing with aerial down-B: just bait the Cape and punish. Up-B clones are not really like proximity mines that Snake has, where the goal is to set up combos: the goal with up-B mines is to prevent grounded approaches, and Cape doesn't impact that. Mario can outprioritize things, but it doesn't matter because none of Naruto's specials make him commit to anything and he can still just shieldgrab or utilt what you come in with.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:36 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Savy, eh? wrote:

Only if his Up-Special get's buffed. He needs better angle options to direct his Up-Special; like being about to go completely vertical upward. And the move does ride along walls and it really needs too. The utilize of his recovery has been overestimated a bit because of Down-Special being refresh after taking a hit. And because of this, Down-Special really take priority over Up-Special as recovery tool in most situation.

Still a very risky choice to make. Tornado has a good hit-boxes and priority, but is slow, predictable, and he has to be exposed above the ledge in order to grab it. - While Jump-Punch is fast, it's limited in angles. And if you end up being a stopping short a pixel below the ledge and not grab it. It's like any stage that doesn't have wall-edges can "BattleField'd" you like Melee.

I'm indecisive on Mario vs. Marth. There's plenty of Marth-players but few that actually use all his options properly. I'm sure Mario loses, but I can't decide how badly. He has the mobility to weave in and out of ranges in neurtal, and a projectile to bait Marth into an opening or poorer positions. But again, Marth is a very undeveloped character.

Mario definitely wins over Zelda however. She's pushover for even him to kill. And Zelda can't keep up with him in neutral or zoning. He applies too strong pressure up close, and there's little she can do to deal with him from a mid to far range when he's throwing fireballs.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:57 pm

We Mario mains need to be able to reflect Ichigo's side b.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am
BR Member

I'm not a Mario main, but maybe dsmash or Tornado would beat it out?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:51 am
 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 25  Next