The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: sparty88
Shine! wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Zalozis wrote:
I've always like Zelda in this game. Her zoning is not as strong, but she can play offensive really well. She's like a female Ganondorf.

She feels really good this demo, but there's still group of maybe 10 characters, or so, that are better than her.

You obviously don't play Zelda that much.

Zelda's all about zoning, with the a terrifying edgegaurd game and the strongest defensive game in this demo. Backed by actually having approach options and combo ability. She has some of the strongest kill potential in this demo and can finish stocks extremely early with little effort. She's one of the few characters not afraid to go up against sword weilders.

Lol@10 characters better than her. If anything she's definitely earned a spot in top 10.

Off the top of my head, ZSS, Link, Samus, Naruto, Black Mage and maybe Lloyd all have better defensive games. And I've played a lot of Zelda.

Lmao. Lightning Kick out of shield? Down Smash for punishing approaches? Zelda has an amazing shield grab game too imo all her throws have important uses and she has like, the easiest chain grab in the game. You do realize Zelda playing purely defensive and only dealing damage through punishes can kill at like 90%.

Care to play? :smile:

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:47 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Zalozis wrote:
I don't find Zelda's zoning that hard to bypass like zoning with other characters. She's much more approachable than she seems. Dins are a projectile that only cover a singular area, about the size of one character-length. Because of that, she's easy to get to with just approaching air-dodge. And you don't have to change-up your recovery tactics too much to avoid Din's Fire edgeguarding. It's simple to avoid.

Asides from Ichigo, Sora, and Lloyd who standout; there's a somewhat large group of characters that are well-balanced with good viability. Zelda is in that group, but I don't think she's at the top of it.

The main strength of Zelda offensive is that, although she doesn't have a great punish game, she has a high punish output. She can't succeed on capitalizing on every punish, but when she does get a punish she can get a ton of it. That much is true. She also has a better platform mobility than you'd expect from her character.

Lol Din's is only hard to edgeguard with against characters who have recovery mixups like ZSS and Meta Knight where as characters like Ichigo and Lloyd and Sora who have predictable recoveries Din's is pretty easy to connect and follow up accordingly with. Also Din's obviously isn't Zelda's only edgeguard tactic. Zelda's forward throw hilariously kills swordsmen if it catches them off stage without a midair jump cause of it's potent semi-spike. Shield Grabbing is something that makes gaurding ledges with Zelda extremely safe. Also Down Smash can kill and like 60% if you hit with it while the opponent is in the air. Lightning Kicks also have tons of reach and are easy asf to hit. Getting hit with a Lightning Kick off stage almost always gaurantees a stock. Not to mention Faore's is long enough to allow Zelda to go in deep for edgeguards, how many characters can do that aside from DK and multi jumpers?

Zelda does have a great punish game tho. Similar to Peach's Melee punish mentality. Zelda can punish and follow up at low percents such as Down Smash→Dash Attack→Grab or Dash Attack→everything cause Dash Attack leads to u-tilt, grab, and FAir. Zelda's dash speed also isn't as slow in this demo as one would think, Auto Dash speeds up Zelda's ground game ALOT also Faore's has so much utility omg, it can even tech chase and allows Zelda to zip across the stage. Also Zelda has crazy priority on tons of attacks. That alone shuts down a few characters approach and neutral game options.
EDIT!!
Obviously the lvl.9 CPU Zelda you're playing against isn't that good if all you think she can do is "zone with Din's Fire" lmfao. If you actually took the time to play Zelda in depth and look at all her moves you would see she's ALOT better than you guys are giving credit for. This isn't Melee, this isn't Brawl, this is SSF2 and Zelda is actually pretty awesome in v0.9b. So before you shelf her in your mental tier lists as a character who "got some buffs but still isn't that good" maybe you should actually explore her playstyles and take a look at her strengths. Because they sure as hell outnumber her cons.
Have ever even played Zelda and realized you can
F-throw→Tech Chase>Faore's Wind→Dash Attack→FAir Lightning Kick?
Did you even know her grab game is amazing?
Did you even know her Down Smash alone is one of the most terrifying forces imo?
Did you even know she's not as slow as you think?
Did you forget she has wicked priority? ;)
Did you even realize her recover is godlike?
Did you know she's one of the few characters with a quick combo/stock finisher?
Did you know she can do more than Din's Fire?
So before you sit there and tell me"There's like 10 characters better than her LOL"(which I wanna see a list of) give her a chance. Because she's way better than you give credit for IMO.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:59 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Quote:
Obviously the lvl.9 CPU Zelda you're playing against isn't that good if all you think she can do is "zone with Din's Fire" lmfao.
Yes, that's true. I mostly only play CPUs, so I don't know how to deal with players online with Zelda. . .

Maybe I'll have to practice and use her online more. . .

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Zalozis wrote:
Quote:
Obviously the lvl.9 CPU Zelda you're playing against isn't that good if all you think she can do is "zone with Din's Fire" lmfao.
Yes, that's true. I mostly only play CPUs, so I don't know how to deal with players online with Zelda. . .

Maybe I'll have to practice and use her online more. . .

Lmao xD I could tell because when I play lvl9 cpu Zelda all she does is Din's and I'm like "be that way" :xd:

I mostly play against CPUs too ince I ddon't have access to internet and SSF2 at the same time/place. I mostly play against kids in my school tho. :colonthree:

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:36 pm
YIM

Shine! wrote:

What the hell kind of janky combo is that? :xd: Faore's Wind? I don't see how that works on anyone who doesn't completely suck a**. No offense. Look, I like Zelda. I main her from time to time (although Sheik is better). But acting like she's the total package is a stretch. She IS approachable. She's not fast. Her down smash is deadly, but it has poor range. Frankly, all of her ground attacks have pretty poor range (I like her u-tilt, though). Just stop acting like she's solo S tier. Far from it.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:42 pm

sparty88 wrote:
Shine! wrote:

What the hell kind of janky combo is that? :xd: Faore's Wind? I don't see how that works on anyone who doesn't completely suck a**. No offense. Look, I like Zelda. I main her from time to time (although Sheik is better). But acting like she's the total package is a stretch. She IS approachable. She's not fast. Her down smash is deadly, but it has poor range. Frankly, all of her ground attacks have pretty poor range (I like her u-tilt, though). Just stop acting like she's solo S tier. Far from it.

Please excuse my rudeness but can you get off your high horse? Obviously you can hit Faore's on a tech chase if you shortport it.(a tech you obviously don't know how to do.) I main her all the time(because Zelda is better) and I feel you should probably take Zelda off your mains list since the way you play her obviously sucks a**. Yes she is approachable but every character is approachable, but what can I do to hinder their approach? Gee I dunno maybe throw a wall of BAirs and FAirs? Marth 101? I DUNNO HERE'S A THOUGHT! I CAN MAYBE PLAY DEFENSIVELY??
Obviously you never played Zelda on Melee or Brawl, where she kinda needs to be approached? You know to bait, and punish? Just some info on Zelda 101! :smile:

And I'm not trying to make her sound like a solo S tier but the fact that people, even a "Zelda Main from time to time" such as yourself still sell her short kinda baffles me. Cause she's not as bad as you're trying to make her out to be. Btw Side Smash and Nayru's Love and even Jab are pretty lengthy and disjointed with transcendent priority. ( Priority in general making up for Zelda's lack of range on her ground moves.)

Zelda really isn't that slow tbh, but you're probably so used to playing shiek most characters that don't have a 100mph dash speed are all just snails by comparison. I get how you feel bro.

Last edited by Shine-chan on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:06 pm
YIM

I didn't say she's bad. In fact, I said the opposite. I'm just talking about her way more realistically than you are, and I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this board will agree with that. If you're "mostly playing CPUs", I don't see how you can legitimately say anything about the competitive aspects of this game.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:16 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Zelda is in the upper half of the cast, but she ain't top tier.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:19 pm

sparty88 wrote:
I didn't say she's bad. In fact, I said the opposite. I'm just talking about her way more realistically than you are, and I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this board will agree with that. If you're "mostly playing CPUs", I don't see how you can legitimately say anything about the competitive aspects of this game.

Umm I also said in that exact same text box I play with my friends from school as well. Who also like to play this game as competitively as I do.(Which is partly the reason why I came to respecting Lloyd, Ichigo, Marth, and ZSS).

So before you try taking words out of my text you might wanna scroll up. Put on some glasses and start reading them in slow..clear...sentences.. maybe a pause between each word if you really need it. :smile:

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:29 pm
YIM

I only have a college degree from a Big 10 university. But please do continue to give me reading lessons so I can more clearly comprehend a post that has seven consecutive sentences that begin with "Did you even know?"

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:55 pm

sparty88 wrote:
I only have a college degree from a Big 10 university. But please do continue to give me reading lessons so I can more clearly comprehend a post that has seven consecutive sentences that begin with "Did you even know?"

:huh:..
Did you even know I don't give a s***?

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:00 pm
YIM
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
*big hand ascends from the heavens*
*shakes finger at this thread*
*big hand returns to its heavenly resting place*

if you guys want to drag each other you can PM each other let's not in public plz

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:37 pm

I proffered a friendly match so we could test out his pristine knowledge of the game, but he doesn't have the internets. Sigh. I'm done with the conversation, unless he wants to continue to insult me after I make simple counterpoints.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Sigh. I was done with this conversation on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:00 pm, unless he wants to continue throwing shade at me after I make detailed rebuttals. Now let's continue discussing Zelda! :3

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 pm
YIM

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Zelda is obviously the worst character on teh game now cuz she lack tech skill lol so she needs to be k tier in next tier list k? And also she needs more mobility like faster than sonic fast guys plus she needs moar techs like wavedashing; her recovery is also the worst in the game so that needs buffed so plz make dis happen ok?

Get all that?

In all seriousness, I like Zelda. She just doesn't appeal to me as much as other characters due to her artwork lol.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:14 pm
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next