The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ichigo Kurosaki 

Currently Playing: SSF2
Waifu: Rukia
Hey! I've been playing SSF for a long time now, and i really liked ichigo's power in the 0.9b, i played with every character but i got so used to ichigo's moves that i felt he died when the beta launched. I miss it when he did his up-special and everyone was sort of pulled in by the wind thing, plus, i noticed it's a little more difficult to do it without jumping accidentally, idk... al the other changes in him are fine for me. :)

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Is it possible for him to perform bankai or for goku to go super saiyan?

But on a side note I really like how Ichigo plays. He's super fun!
Thanks for replying if you do!

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 am

CthulhusMightiestDisciple wrote:
Is it possible for him to perform bankai or for goku to go super saiyan?

But on a side note I really like how Ichigo plays. He's super fun!
Thanks for replying if you do!

Nope, them turning into those is only doable with final smashes which aren't currently in beta.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 pm

MGN Username: Genrexar
Currently Playing: Duel Links
Waifu: Bayonetta
Instead of Bankai form for his Smash Move, what about Mugetsu? Not as a transformation but as an attack. Would be pretty flashy.

Discord: Genrex#4889
Main: Image Image Sides: :marth: :bowser: and Jack of All Trades

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:42 am

I am a pretty terrible Ichigo :ichigo: main. If you want to help, I have some vids of some matches I lost, so you could pick up on habits, mistakes and missed opportunites I didn't see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJDwaKZt5E& - Me vs A Yoshi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTRyTH7T5rA&t - Me vs A Megaman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLMgcKgTYkk& - Me vs A Megaman 2

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:10 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Continuing from Assault's previous thread here.

Quote:

Yes I know, but the range and kill power is too much to resist! It is so fun when someone starts running up to me blindly, and I jsut f-smash them.Will have to work on that though. However for the up-smash, I mostly use it to cover rolls and techs, as well as catch landings and juggling. Is this wrong or is that part fine.

Resisting urges and habits is necessary for playing well. If you stick to certain habits your opponent will read you and punish you hard. You should mix it up often, use your up tilt and ftilt too. Only use Fsmash or Upsmash when you see a clear opening or when your opponent is helplessly falling towards you from a recovery or something. Dsmash on the other hand is better for covering rolls and techs because it makes you invincible against any counter attacks your opponent might be planning before hitting them hard. As for juggling and landings, use Utilt and Uair. They're way more reliable and harder to counter. Uair also finishes at high percentages. Be patient and wear your opponent down before trying to take a stock.

Quote:
Huh, I know my recovery is terrible its just, I don't know how to lab out side-b recoveries, and whenever I try, I too often fall just short, or just below the ledge. Any suggestions there on how to practice? As for approaching as well as interuppting attacks, it seems too laggy for that. I will try it out though and see how it works, though do say how I should use it correctly though.
Try recovering from upwards instead of going down and grabbing the ledge. Side b-ing into the middle of the stage well behind edgeguarders is a safe option as is piercing straight through them. Remember, Side-B makes you invincible till you reappear with an attack that can interrupt so it's a really safe option. If you keep falling short, aim for the stage when you're high up in the air instead of the ledge.

Quote:

Hmm, I think I mixup dash attack with nair and fair quite well, just that I do the latter unsafely in shield and get punished. Will still try and see where I can improve in that regard. Dtilt though, I will try to use more of, haven't heard that suggested as yet. Down-B as an approach option though? Isn't he stationary in that. In fact I don't really know how to use down special. Educate me if you can

Dash attack is better for hit and run/surprise attacks/defending your self through a turnaround dash attack than mixups or setups. Down-B is an approach option when you're above the enemy. I find that it moves a bit too fast for some opponents to juggle in time and cuts through them. It's also a stall then fall so predict when you're opponents about to finish you in a juggle and use it just before then.

Quote:
Hmm, I think I do too much rushing down at times, I think I lay off attacking though because I often don't know all the followups. However there is only one way to fix that and I know what it is. I will try hit the labs more.

Rushing down is better for Ichigo as he's not that much of a good zoner and can't really rack up damage while playing safe outside of Getsuga Tensho. Nair, Bair, Fair and Utilt are all great followups to hitting an opponent. Fair especially is useful because it moves you towards your opponent as well.

Quote:
Neutral-B for me is a challenge to charge for multiple hits while in neutral, it takes too long and leaves me too open if I am too slow or it misses. How should I find time to charge it safely?

Using it while your opponent is recovering is the best time for a charged Getsuga Tensho. . It makes them either have to go over or under it which sets them up for a fair starter or dair finisher, and if it hits, it racks up some good damage and immobilizes your opponent so you can hit em. You don't necessarily have to charge it till it's released on its own. You can just charge it till the blue aura is replaced by wind.

Quote:
Shieldgrabbing huh, I don't think I use that options enough, mostly because I would rather do an aerial or dash attack. I will try to shieldgrab more though as I know the basic followups.
Good. Do that. Shieldgrabbing is one of my favorite defensive options, it's really useful for halting reckless attacks.

Quote:
I recorded this using OBS Studio [ https://obsproject.com/download ] , And I put it on low settings from this video [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nx-kCA9N0g ] (cringy I know) to make sure there was no lag. (the main change was dropping it to 30 fps from the native 60)

Ummm, in that case, can I ask a favor? Could you please record the replays I attached (In a rar) and keep them until I get a computer I can upload em with? I play on a dinosaur PC so I can't really record replays on anything so with every patch I lose some good replays. Could you keep these for me? You can use the Ichigo replay (Omae o kiru ze) to see my Ichigo in action and learn too.

Attachments:
Replays.rar [67.01 KiB]
Downloaded 101 times

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Last edited by Sonario on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:00 am

Quote:
Dsmash on the other hand is better for covering rolls and techs because it makes you invincible against any counter attacks your opponent might be planning before hitting them hard

I would use d-smash more, but the Knockback is so negligible (it doesn't kill till way past 200%) so unless it sets up for something else, it seems more like an area of effect attack for annoyance than a hard punish. I know I must use his smashes better though, spamming and hoping for hard reads can only get me so far!

Quote:
Try recovering from upwards instead of going down and grabbing the ledge. Side b-ing into the middle of the stage well behind edgeguarders is a safe option as is piercing straight through them. Remember, Side-B makes you invincible till you reappear with an attack that can interrupt so it's a really safe option. If you keep falling short, aim for the stage when you're high up in the air instead of the ledge.

I guess the only way to practice that is to force myself to recovery with it in matches. I was hoping that by some magic I could practice it in training mode without insane levels of dexterity in getting myself launched offstage with jumps intact at the angles I need. Will practice though.

Quote:
Dash attack is better for hit and run/surprise attacks/defending your self through a turnaround dash attack than mixups or setups

Huh, and it seemed like such a good approach option if you didn't solely use it, Though the angle and lag makes comboing off it hard, so I guess it is better for hit and run. I kinda used it as a hit and be vaguely agrresive after it hits rather than resetting to neutral like hit and run would suggest.

Thanks for the advice on Down B as well, just used it in a match, and the fox just whiffed an f-smash while I stalled before dropping.

Quote:
Nair, Bair, Fair and Utilt are all great followups to hitting an opponent. Fair especially is useful because it moves you towards your opponent as well.

This I know all too well. Fair is stupid good for pressure and strings crosstage, like a mini Smash 4 sheik.

Quote:
Using it while your opponent is recovering is the best time for a charged Getsuga Tensho. . It makes them either have to go over or under it which sets them up for a fair starter or dair finisher, and if it hits, it racks up some good damage and immobilizes your opponent so you can hit em. You don't necessarily have to charge it till it's released on its own. You can just charge it till the blue aura is replaced by wind.

Yes, upon further inspection, I often use Neutal-B correctly, but don't try to follow up on it. Will try to improve on that though. Thanks for the info in the last sentence. Legitimately did not know that.

Quote:
Could you please record the replays I attached (In a rar) and keep them until I get a computer I can upload em with? I play on a dinosaur PC so I can't really record replays on anything so with every patch I lose some good replays. Could you keep these for me? You can use the Ichigo replay (Omae o kiru ze) to see my Ichigo in action and learn too.

I would be happy to, however, unless there is something I am missing, you haven't attached anything to your message. Could you check to make sure you did, and if you did, where do I go to I on the page to be able to download it?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Quote:
I would use d-smash more, but the Knockback is so negligible (it doesn't kill till way past 200%) so unless it sets up for something else, it seems more like an area of effect attack for annoyance than a hard punish. I know I must use his smashes better though, spamming and hoping for hard reads can only get me so far!

It's a hard punish on the damage dealing aspect. If your opponent isn't damaged and is being reckless, Dsmash can damage then heavily. Afterwards you can follow up with Uair.

Quote:
I guess the only way to practice that is to force myself to recovery with it in matches. I was hoping that by some magic I could practice it in training mode without insane levels of dexterity in getting myself launched offstage with jumps intact at the angles I need. Will practice though.

Actually the best way to practice is to keep on playing. You'll get it down eventually. Also a neat trick is to Fair toward the stage when you're away from it. Those small boosts help.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice on Down B as well, just used it in a match, and the fox just whiffed an f-smash while I stalled before dropping.
That's good. The move became a lot more useful after the devs buffed it a little.

Quote:
This I know all too well. Fair is stupid good for pressure and strings crosstage, like a mini Smash 4 sheik.
A good way to use fair is feint attacks. Back up so your opponent closes in before suddenly fairing into their faces.

That's all for now. Post again if you need any more advice. I play everyone so I can help for any character.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Finally, his Getsuga Tensho is now somewhat worth fully charging

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 am

MGN Username: Game-spidr
Currently Playing: Russian Roulette
Waifu: Spiders
Ichigo is a good boi :nod:

Ichigo combo video
YouTube Video:

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:12 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
☻Danny☻ wrote:
Finally, his Getsuga Tensho is now somewhat worth fully charging

It is a good thing, but the bad thing is, Getsuga Tensho is still slow like in all the other versions.

YouTube Video:

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:59 pm

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
His new taunt looks nice, but looks like it has long lag, so 7/10

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:50 pm

Waifu: i have lots
Ichigo is too easy of a spam character. like he's off balanced offense wise. which may be infuriating for newcomers playing against him

Main: :sonic:
Sub: :link: / :pacman:
Practice: :mario: :donkeykong: :tails: :captainfalcon:

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:46 am

Currently Playing: Tornado Simulator 2019
Waifu: you :3
So Ichigo is still good, Right?

Now this is Frederick Manness, on this Monday morning, August 31, 1964, speaking for the staff and management of WOR-TV, bidding you a very pleasant good night, until WOR-TV resumes telecasting on channel 9.

We now end our broadcast with a moment of prayer.

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:56 am

MGN Username: Unknown
Currently Playing: AoE II
WohMi wrote:
So Ichigo is still good, Right?

He seemed stronger in the latest build.

Mains: Image :isaac: :blackmage: :bomberman: :luffy: :naruto: :tails: :pacman: :ichigo: :sandbag: :lloyd: :sora: :goku:

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:18 pm
 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next