The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:15 pm

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

MGN Username: Pach
I am mad with inner rage... :evil:
Alright, here's how it went down.
KevinB1229: He slipped up Day 2. End of story
Fly or Die: Night 2, he claimed Godfather to Panthera. Seroiusly, I don't care if he's the third-party role, why would you claim Godfather anyways?
Me: Genis came up with a guilty on me, I tried to defend myself but...yeah.

This is basically why we lost.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:20 pm

The roles in here were so cheap though! Oh and if anyone was wondering I was the protection role. Anyways we should decide on who will be hosting the next mafia. I would like to do it since I'm probably the weakest player. It would be fun to see the best going head to head.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:33 pm

MGN Username: Pach
DJ already has dibs on it. I think.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 pm

That was if the game master was replaced in the middle of the game.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Both Mafia and Town got pretty cheap roles. Yeah, this mafia was somewhat broken. But, unline you think, the broken roles weren't the most evident ones. You will notice it soon.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Please, guys. Do resend me the PM you got with your roles. They got deleted as the game used most of my PM space.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Congratulations to everyone for a game well played. I'm hoping 194 will post the puzzles he gave me.

But Yeah, I had dibs back on page 21.

Although I completly understand BB's point of view... I dunno, what would you guys prefer?

Also, in case I do host, how does everyone feel about MG Mafia 5: Friendship is Mafia? (I'm by no means a brony, but the title alone is worth it) Or should I do another theme?

EditcuzthegameisoverandIcan: Credit to Brik for theme idea.

Last edited by DJ Wizard Cop on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
I'll do this:
194 wrote:
You are Dr. Andrew Schrader, the Mentor.

[ Image ]

They say the student always overcomes the master, and they didn't get it wrong: you have seen your pupil Hershel to solve the most intriguing mysteries. And now, next to depart form this world, you want to let him some last words...

Active Abilities: Intuition.
Once per night, you can send the name of a player. You will recieve a PM saying if that player is Mafia.

Passive Ability: Testament.
Once you have died, you can redact a PM. Then, you can choose one player in the game to recieve that PM (You must send me the pm, so I will resend it. You can't send the PM to anyone else). You can include any information you have gathered via you "Intuition" ability in that PM.

Victory conditions: You are a townie. You win if every town menace is eliminated.

Feel free to ask anything about your role via this PM. Please confirm your role reception via PM too.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
DP cause I'm too lazy.
Pachino wrote:
Fly or Die: Night 2, he claimed Godfather to Panthera. Seroiusly, I don't care if he's the third-party role, why would you claim Godfather anyways?

Thanks to me, Panthera, and KevinB. I found you out, Panthera found out Fly or Die, and Kevin just killed himself.
My role wasn't as cheap... when I was alive. I was a regular investigator.
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Congratulations to everyone for a game well played. I'm hoping 194 will post the puzzles he gave me.

Although I completly understand BB's point of view... I dunno, what would you guys prefer?

Also, in case I do host, how does everyone feel about MG Mafia 5: Friendship is Mafia? Or should I do another theme?

I can see the theme. Applejack FTW.
Believeblood wrote:
The roles in here were so cheap though! Oh and if anyone was wondering I was the protection role. Anyways we should decide on who will be hosting the next mafia. I would like to do it since I'm probably the weakest player. It would be fun to see the best going head to head.
Who did you protect, anyway?

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Genis wrote:
DP cause I'm too lazy.
Pachino wrote:

Thanks to me, Panthera, and KevinB. I found you out, Panthera found out Fly or Die, and Kevin just killed himself.
My role wasn't as cheap... when I was alive. I was a regular investigator.
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

Also, in case I do host, how does everyone feel about MG Mafia 5: Friendship is Mafia? Or should I do another theme?

I can see the theme. Applejack FTW.
Believeblood wrote:
Who did you protect, anyway?

Let's see... my protections through out the whole game was either you or DJ wizard. Me and DJ wizard discussed my role ever night similar to the way Don Paolo talked to FoD.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:32 pm

While I recopilate every role in game, I want you guys to speculate. WHAT Happened? Why did MAfia lose so fast?

Also, I'd love your opinions in the game, overall. Your feedback is my happiness (L)

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:44 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Me + Genis = overpowered. Crabby got REALLY lucky, and his strategy was brilliant.

And Mafia never tried to kill me, apparently. Plus there was Brik the bus driver who was confusing.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Mafia sucks for killing me.

Just saying

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Yes over powered roles. That how we won, there was absolutely no skill involved.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:57 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
@194:
You are Don Paolo, Layton's rival.

"You will pay for this, Layton! One day, I'll have my revenge on you!"

Active ability: Master of disguise:
Once per game, you can choose a player. That player will be invited to communicate with you via a quicktopic (the mod will provide one for you). You can act as any Layton character, excluding Layton himself. If you die during a night phase, you will be reported as dead with the identity you have chosen. If you get lynched, your real role will be revealed instead.
Any investigation about your role will report you as townie.

-Searching your rival: Once per night, you can choose a player. You will receive a pm saying if that player is the Professor Layton.

-Safe claim (you can claim this role as yours, with no punishment.)
Safe claim: show
Flora, the Golden Apple.

Active ability: Redirection. Once per night, you can choose a player. Any ability used in that player will be retargeted to a random player.

Passive ability: If you die, there will be an extra Night Phase.

Victory conditions: You are an independent. You win if every mafia member has been killed, both Layton and Luke got killed and you survive to the game's last day.
-----------
@everyone else:
Yeah, good game guys. I really didn't expect the Luke and Layton to claim so early. It would be impossible for me to win with my win condition as long as those two were still alive (mafia didn't know Luke was a doctor - they saw him as useless, Layton was protected by Luke the entire game).

However, this was a near flawless win for the town. I did, however, attempt to push lynches on to crabbyman (almost worked) and on fly or die (worked, had indisputable evidence). Pachino killed me in a "revenge-esque" manner (I was useless to the mafia after I got rid of their godfather, they should have gone after a lurking townie like The Silent One).

I'll agree that my role was "cheap". It had a spy perk, an innocent when investigated, and a special win condition. I hope that 194 looks into better roles in the future.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:38 pm
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next