The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:00 am

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Smash Flash Back Room 0.9b Tier List #3 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
I will agree with CF, hell Jammy says Falcon loses that mu because of nair in his Falcon mu guide.

I do think Link beats Peach due to his range, able to zone her out and due to have good tools to kill floaties.

I am not sure about Goku, but I haven't seen or hear that mu talked about.

I am not sure about BM or BBM.

I am sorry people keep getting on you about your claims, though they want to acknowledge you as the best Peach for some reason without listening to you.

The mus you stated that she wins I hardly seen, actually heard that Jiggs beats Peach. Though remember, the characters you said that Peach wins against are in the bottom tier so she wouldn't go up because of that.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:51 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Why do you think Peach beats Yoshi, Sorabotics? Also, glad to see you again!

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:16 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I like the list. Top-14 are pretty on-point to the meta, and the lower-half of cast are really interchangeable with each-other.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:14 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Yoshi's recovery is relatively predictable, which makes it pretty easy for Peach to edgeguard it. Yoshi's run speed is also pretty slow (and yes, so is Peach's, but her float goes the same speed if not faster...I think lol) which makes it hard for Yoshi to get away from FC Nair into D-tilt combos. Peach also has turnips, which might be difficult for Yoshi to deal with, especially since he might have to use his DJ to do so (which is a commitment that Peach can anticipate, plus Yoshi's DJ is really bad in this demo in terms of how much it pushes Yoshi down imo).

And thanks! I never stopped browsing the forums, but I really haven't been thinking about competitive stuff at all with all the Beta hype that's happened in the past couple of months :xd:

Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:38 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
FutureMac wrote:
Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

Kill Mac

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
FutureMac wrote:
Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

Kill Mac

I will get the guns.

Sorabotics wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Yoshi's recovery is relatively predictable, which makes it pretty easy for Peach to edgeguard it. Yoshi's run speed is also pretty slow (and yes, so is Peach's, but her float goes the same speed if not faster...I think lol) which makes it hard for Yoshi to get away from FC Nair into D-tilt combos. Peach also has turnips, which might be difficult for Yoshi to deal with, especially since he might have to use his DJ to do so (which is a commitment that Peach can anticipate, plus Yoshi's DJ is really bad in this demo in terms of how much it pushes Yoshi down imo).

And thanks! I never stopped browsing the forums, but I really haven't been thinking about competitive stuff at all with all the Beta hype that's happened in the past couple of months :xd:

Edgeguard him how? Like make him double jump with armor or make the Yoshi egg throw first then do something about the double jump?

Don't most characters approach from the air? They both have below average ground mobility, with Peach having one of the worst.

Also from what I gathered, Yoshi has one, if not the fastest air speed in the current demo so I am sure him approaching from the air is best. Peach also has fast air speed so they are kinda even when it comes to aerial mobility.

Can't Yoshi use Egg throw to counter your turnips? I know they both aren't that great, but it seems Yoshi can do some good return fire with his eggs.

Also what do you mean by his DJ pushes him down?

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:59 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Kill Mac

Little Micheal

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 pm

I hope everyone has a great Valentines day and today is my birthday so I am so happy.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 am
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
I'm surprised that this topic still isn't stickied, yet the old one is.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Lord doughnut wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
FutureMac wrote:
Only problem is Goku.
Way too high

Inb4 "Kill Mac"

Kill Mac

I will get the guns.

Sorabotics wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Edgeguard him how? Like make him double jump with armor or make the Yoshi egg throw first then do something about the double jump?

Don't most characters approach from the air? They both have below average ground mobility, with Peach having one of the worst.

Also from what I gathered, Yoshi has one, if not the fastest air speed in the current demo so I am sure him approaching from the air is best. Peach also has fast air speed so they are kinda even when it comes to aerial mobility.

Can't Yoshi use Egg throw to counter your turnips? I know they both aren't that great, but it seems Yoshi can do some good return fire with his eggs.

You could do either: bait/read the DJ pull back and hit it after the armor is gone or just hit him after he uses egg throw. The latter is much easier.

I mean, he could use Egg Throw, but that would be kinda hard to do without leaving himself open since it has some lag on it. Also might be kinda hard to get the right angle on the egg to snipe the turnip but idk, no Yoshi has ever even tried that lol.

In SSF2, Yoshi does not rise nearly as fast on the start-up of his DJ. Its almost feels like he's being weighed down when he starts up, where as in every other smash game he instantly rises.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:46 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The whole Yoshi DJ thing is clearest when you compare patches: there was a patch of v0.9b that changed Yoshi's jump physics and caused what happens now, so it's a lot like Peach: a fall, and then a rise. It has benefits, but is mainly a bad thing (one cool thing it allows is quicklands a la Shine, so you can do things like jump, use Yoshi's airspeed to get somewhere, DJ using your momentum but still very close to the ground, land, and then ftilt or jab or something). I think the whole "Yoshi is super edgeguardable" thing is very dependent on player MU knowledge and Yoshi player ability: while I have no doubt in your experience that's true, I'd argue that might be more about abusing Yoshis who haven't fully explored his recovery options (which I think is true for a lot of Yoshis) than about the intrinsic ability of the character. You can Egg Throw from far away to the point where Peach can't punish it, and then get within range to DJ to stage safely. It's a very difficult strategy to counter, because if you try to float offstage to get the jump on Egg Throw Yoshi can just DJ through your float and get back to stage (with an Egg Throw if needed) before you do. Yoshi also has some side-B shenanigans and overall I think does quite well against Peach's edgeguarding. Peach also doesn't really have great ways to force edgeguards, because nair and fair both send really high with proper DI. Yoshi has one of the best landing games in SSF2 with his airspeed, super armor, aerial stalls, and down-B, so I think as long as Yoshi gets sent high up coming back is pretty painless with proper play.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:32 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Dark Ermac wrote:
I'm surprised that this topic still isn't stickied, yet the old one is.

I've PMed TSON.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:10 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Lord doughnut wrote:

Yoshi has like 2 linear recovery options, and a mixup on each. so 4 total recovery styles
-DJ->UpB spam to recover high
-DJ->UpB spam and downB to ledge
-UpB spam->DJC land on stage
-UpB spam->DJ to ledge
Let us not forget that DJ armor doesn't last a long time in ssf2 9b
Peach does travel horizontally faster than yoshi, but yoshi goes up and down, up and down, all the while. yoshi has more mobility in the air than peach but peach gets places faster the quickest from point A to point B is a straight line

Yoshi's Eggs have a pretty large arc, and has to be committed to do. While peach can just pull a turnip when she has a breather and voila. instant combo break/extender tool.
The only way yoshi's eggs will be useful would be on stages without platforms such as FD, 3DS, and ToS, or small platforms like PS3.
now whatchu talking about, Turnips are scary good they break every non transcendent projectile in the game and outright beat out non disjoint normals

Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:57 am

I can explain myself if need be, but chibi robo is way too low. He has a lot of potential, anyone who has played my chibi robo can attest to that fact ;). In all seriousness though, I have strong evidence for pointing that he should be about 3-4 spots higher at the very least, COME AT ME.

Wed May 10, 2017 7:04 pm
 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next