The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:09 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Can you discuss this in the Character speculation thread?

Review time...

@Shine: Kinda disappointed that 90% of this is a carbon copy of Smash 4. Nothing against using something that woks, but I wish you would have been more original.

@Steven: The Aqua Ring mechanic looks really cool, would be awesome to play around with that. Does Aqua Jet emtpy the Hydration meter? What about moves that arent Water type attacks, like Ice Punch or Brick Break? Also the first Water type Ive seen suggested besides Squirtle, so thats a plus I guess. Kinda curious what his normals and airials would be. Looks like interesting fighter for sure.

Also can someone reviwe Hydreigon plz

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:15 am

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
If anyone was wondering, i haven't forgotten about the poll winner, he'll be made soon along with another one for me taking so long to do anything on here. And a review as the person above asked in test so tiny i thought it was a moniter error.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:30 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Cookies wrote:
@Shine: Kinda disappointed that 90% of this is a carbon copy of Smash 4. Nothing against using something that woks, but I wish you would have been more original.

I hate you.
Because I was looking forward tonsomeone actually reviewing my moveset and all I got was that. ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:47 am
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Shine-chan wrote:
Cookies wrote:

I hate you. :(
Because I was looking forward tonsomeone actually reviewing my moveset and all I got was that. ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

I could say the same... Make an original moveset and Ill give you an actual review :wee: I mean, its hard to review something that is 90% Ctrl+V.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:50 am

Cookies wrote:
Shine-chan wrote:
Cookies wrote:

I hate you. :(
Because I was looking forward to someone actually reviewing my moveset and all I got was that. ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

I could say the same... Make an original moveset and Ill give you an actual review :wee: I mean, its hard to review something that is 90% Ctrl+V.

but
its
don't talk to me :roll:

Last edited by Shine-chan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:58 am
YIM

Crow Robot wrote:
Redoing Pocky and Rocky: show
[ Image ]

Think of these characters as palette swaps of each other, similar to Olimar and Alph. You can switch between them on the character select screen the same way.

Source Game: Pocky and Rocky (SNES)

General info:
Size: A few pixels shorter than Mario.
Idle: Pocky: Examines her Magic Stick. Rocky: Looks around while shaking his tail.
Weight: If Mario is 100, 85.
Dash speed: Same as Link.
Air attributes: Floaty in air, like Wario.
Entrance: Falls from the sky and creates a dust effect. Then they do their entrance animation from the source game.
Jumps: Three jumps.

Ground Attacks:
Jab - Slashes with weapon: Stick for Pocky, Tail for Rocky.
F-Tilt - Pocky: Stabs forward with stick. Rocky: swipes tail in front of him.
U-Tilt - Pocky: swipes stick above her head like Link, Rocky does the same with his tail.
D-Tilt - same as Link's d-tilt.
Dash Attack - Smaller, faster version of Side B.
F-Smash - Pocky: Swings stick like a baseball bat. Rocky: bites.
U-Smash - Similar to Pikachu.
D-Smash - Similar to Link for Pocky, Similar to Mario for Rocky. Same hitboxes for both.

Aerial Attacks:
N-Air - similar to pikachu's b air.
F-Air - similar to pikachu's u air, but spins downward. can send opponents down like mario's f air.
B-Air - Kicks backwards once.
U-Air - Spins upward once.
D-Air - Ground pound.

Grabs and Throws:
Grab Range - short.
Pummel - knees opponent.
F-Throw - Throws forward.
U-Throw - Throws up, and throws a card/leaf at opponent.
B-Throw - same as u throw, but thrown back.
D-Throw - Body slam.

Ledge Attacks:
Ledge Attack - Pocky- stabs. Rocky- bites.
Getup Attack - same as down smash.
100% Ledge Attack - rolls up onto stage, doing damage.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special - : Throws their projectiles from source game. Pocky shoots cards, Rocky shoots leaves. little damage and knockback, but easily spammable.

Side-Special - : Dives to left or right and slides. If it hits while mid-air, it can KO at around 130. if it misses, the player is vulnerable while Pocky/Rocky gets back up.

Up-Special - : Similar to Bowser Bomb.

Down-Special - : Drops a bomb on the ground, which shoots cards/leaves in four diagonal directions, northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest. This move is a bit overpowered, but it also does damage to the user, more damaging the more it is used. This prevents it from being spammed.

Final Smash - :

Help Man appears and drops a cat for the user to ride around on and jump around the stage. it does an awkward gallop, and has infinite jumps. it does damage upon touching enemies. all the while, Help Man floats from above and drops food for the user to eat, however opponents can eat the food too.

Taunts and Other Poses:
U-Taunt - Entrance animation from Pocky and Rocky
D-Taunt - Gives a peace sign to the camera.
S-Taunt - Pocky swings her weapon wildly. Rocky does the sexy booty shake (watch the Projared review).
Victory Pose -
Defeated Pose - [ Image ]

Anyways, if you think that there is anything that should be changed or improved upon, just say it so I know.

Hi! I've been meaning to review this moveset for a long time but now I remembered lol.
The whole moveset is really cute.
I just have idea like
Maybe you should rework the moveset so that Pocky & Rockey are sepereate characters, but are the same character. Like Ice Climbers. Pocky & Rocky both have different attacks and specials.
Sorta like a mix of Ice Climbers & Zelda/Sheik. They could have a down special that lets them "Tag Team" each other like Sheilda. But if one of them gets KO'd they can no longer tag team.
Just my ideas lol.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:04 am
YIM
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Cookies wrote:
@Steven: The Aqua Ring mechanic looks really cool, would be awesome to play around with that. Does Aqua Jet emtpy the Hydration meter? What about moves that arent Water type attacks, like Ice Punch or Brick Break? Also the first Water type Ive seen suggested besides Squirtle, so thats a plus I guess. Kinda curious what his normals and airials would be. Looks like interesting fighter for sure.

Like the Calorie Appetite system every attack would take away from the Hydration Meter, but on the flipside they are ridiculously potent when the meter is full. Some attacks like specials would drain the meter more quickly, as you might imagine.

As for the normal attacks, most of them would just be punches kicks and standard martial arts so eh, I figured I'd just leave that stuff up to the imagination.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:36 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
Could someone review my Leon Powalski moveset?

Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:31 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Okay im tired for right now, ill do the 2nd character and reviews later.
First Up: Doomguy Source Nintendo Game: Doom [snes]

Stats:
Weight: I'd put him at Goku's as Medium-Heavy
Walk Speed: Doomguy was absurdly fast in his game, i'd say put him at the top 5 fasted walking speeds.
Run Speed: I'd say on par with :sheik:
Air Speed: I'd say slightly above average, though give him a higher falling speed then average.

------------Normals--------------
Jab - A simple 1-2 punch combo, does 2% first punch then 4% 2nd punch.
F-Tilt - Doomguy holds a pump shotgun by the barrel and swings it vertically in front of him, does 9%
U-Tilt - Doomguy does a starting lag, upward sweeping punch, does 11%
D-Tilt - Doomguy fires a pistol in front of him at a downward angle, it is a projectile but it only travels half the distance of mario's fireball. 2% Damage.
Dash Attack - Doomguy uses a Axe from the Doom rpg and swings it like villager but also dashing, does 12%

------------Smash Attacks----------
Foward Smash - Rocket Launcher - Similar to smash 4 megaman, more power and distance gained when fully charged, 9%, 19%
Down Smash - Super Shotgun - Doomguy fires a double barrel shotgun on the floor behind him, really strong, 12% , 22%, has quite of bit of endlag due to hits massive knockback and damage.
Up Smash - A Simple Clean Uppercut, 9%, 15

------------Aerials---------------------
N-Air - Similar to Little Mac's F-Air but actually Does damage and knockback - 7%
U-Air - Doomguy fires a chaingun Upward, Similar to Mii Gunners U-Air, Fires 5 Bullets doing 2% each.
F-Air - Same as up air but 3 shots and forward.
B- Air - Doomguy Sticks a chainsaw behind him, dealing 14 1% hits in a very quick manner, though its knock back might cause all the hits to not connect.
D-Air - Doom guy does a dive punch, similar to a dive kick but with fist, does 8%.

-----------Specials---------------------
N-Spec - Plasma Rifle - Doomguy Fires 3 Plasma Rifle Shot before getting some end lag, each shot does 4% and doesn't change angle if fired in air.
S-Spec Shotgun - Fires fast bullet projectiles of 7 pellets with little to no vertical distance apart from eachother, each doing 1 damage, great move to use for spacing, fires slightly upwards in air.
D-Spec - Unmaker - Doomguy uses the unholy unmaker and fires a single laser, cannot be reflected or shield, does little to no knockback but does 3% and heals doomguy for 3% as well. Fires at a downward angle forward in air
U-Spec - Chainsaw Upper - Doomguys does a chainsaw attack similar to dk and link's spinning around but on the ground it is like dk's but in air it's like links, allowed different uses for it.

-----------Final Smash--------------
BFG 9000's - Fires a single blast from the bfg 9000, does 40% damage to the person it hits, if it hits someone or a wall it causes a explosive that does 20-30% to everyone else not dodging and ignores shields, the explosion damage doesnt stack with direct hit damage.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:46 pm

used a different, more detailed sprite for Palutena's palettes check em out! :D

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:06 am
YIM

Waifu: zero suit wario
I'd love if you added the URL in your message
Just checked them out, definitely better, but did you ask the artist for permission?

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:03 pm

sorry i didnt provide a URL lol its just the previous page.

and of course!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:12 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
I'm finally going to get around to making this one!

The winner of my my poll, it is BANDANNA WADDLE DEE!

Attributes N Stuff: show
Universe: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii; Playable Debut)
Victory Theme: A Remix of the short Kirby Dance (shared with Kirby)
YouTube Video:

Victory Pose: A "Kirby Dance" from Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Fun Fact: Has 4 mid-air jumps to reflect the unlimited jumping he has in Kirby's Return to Dreamland
The following will use values from SSF2-
Weight: (Mario: 100) 81, barely heavier than :fox:
Height: A few pixels taller than :kirby:
Dash Speed: (Mario: 10, Kirby: 8) 9.3, barely slower than :blackmage:
Falling Speed-
Regular: (Mario: 13) 11, tied with :blackmage:
Fast: (Mario: 16) 15, tied with :kirby:
Jump-
Regular: Multiple
Short: (In terms of lowness to the ground) Pretty good
Running: Not good
Color Swaps: http://imgur.com/a/2EtJG

Standard: show
Jab 1: A kick, similar animation to :kirby: 's Side Tilt
Jab Finisher: He swipes the air in front of him with his spear while spinning
Side Tilt: Swings his spear in front of him in the same motion as :peach: 's Side Tilt
Side Smash: Charges forward a short distance, spear in front of him. Distance increase the more it is charged
Up Tilt: The Upward Spinning Spear attack from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, similar to the grounded version of :ichigo: 's Up Special
Up Smash: Swings his spear upward, with a hitbox in front of BWD
Down Tilt: Poke at the ground with his spear
Down Smash: The Multi Spear Jab from KRtD. Similar to :lloyd: 's Down Smash
Dash Attack: Falls over and drops his spear. The spear spins for .5 seconds in front of him, before BWD gets up and picks it up. The spear can be relected a pcked up by :chibirobo: 's Down Special

Aerials and Grabs: show
NAir: Twirls multiple times, spear extended
FAir: Swings his spear in front of him
BAir: Throws a star from the Kirby Universe behind him. Reflecting upon how Waddle Dees become stars when killed, the less stocks BWD has (compared to his original number of stocks), this move becomes more powerful
UAir: Does a flip, with his feet AND spear being hitboxes
DAir: Does a fast spinning Dive Bomb into the ground with his spear extended and spinning. This move lasts 1 second and has the falling speed of :fox: Fast Falling

GRAB:
Type: 1 hand
Pummel: Jab's the opponent wit his spear
Forward Throw: Similar to :donkeykong: 's , BWD picks up the opponent as walks a little bit before throwing them in a desired direction. This is from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, where BWD can pick up Clay Kirby
Up Throw: Throws the opponent up with two hands
Down Throw: Drops the opponent onto the ground under him, and attacks them repeatedly with his spear
Back Throw: Throws the opponent backwards, jumps, and hits them with his spear. If the player presses the jump button fast enough BWD can staying the air, but you need extremely high reaction time

Specials: show
Neutral Special: Javelin- Simply tosses his spear in an arc
Side Side Special: Spear Dash- A chargeable move in which Bandanna Waddle Dee shoots forward with his spear in front of him and energy (presumably the air around him converted into energy) around him. Free Fall effect
Up Special: Air Lift- BWD, with his spear under him, spins it repeatedly to quickly rise into air. Meteor smashes in the air. Free Fall effect
Down Special: On a Roll!- BWD gets out a clay sculpture of Kirby (from Kirby and The Rainbow Curse) and pushes it front of him. This tarvels about 2/3 Final Destination lengths. Gets weaker the longer it's active

FINAL SMASH: (Give me suggestions... PLEASE I BEG YOU) Landia's Return- BWD Hops on top of a Landia head from KRtD. Whilst on Landia, BWD can throws spears while Landia can shoot fireballs and dive bomb opponents. BWD is invinsible when this is active.

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Last edited by Yoshiblaze on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Hmm... nice moveset overall, he seems pretty fun to use
But please change the FS, it's just so uncreative.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:46 pm

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Shiver-Star wrote:
Hmm... nice moveset overall, he seems pretty fun to use
But please change the FS, it's just so uncreative.

Thanks! About the FS, I don't have any ideas. I'll do some research, maybe

At least it's better than my other idea: Giving him DDD's Brawl FS XD

FS has been updated, but it's not THAT much better. It does make sense imo.

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:03 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 46  Next