The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:51 pm

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
October 1st, 2010 News (SSF2 v0.7 Progress) 
Site Admin

Cleod9 wrote:
October is here already, so I figured it's time to let you guys in on a little bit of v0.7's progress. :?

One of the special things about v0.7 is that the SSF2 Devs have been playing a much greater role in character development. This leaves me with a lot more time to focus mainly on the coding for the game. While this does help increase progress tremendously, it is still a lot to deal with at once so we are still getting used to it. One thing you can definitely expect in v0.7 is more attention put on characters development in general, so even the older characters will have a number of changes. Also, as stated before this demo will be very content heavy thanks to the extra time I have to add necessary features.

Still, times are very busy for me and many of the Devs, so until we can get things organized I won't be able to predict a good due date on the demo. The good news is that we are quite close in finishing in terms of overall progress made since this summer (I'd say more than 80% at this point as just an estimate) . The bad news is that there are numerous little things here and there that needs to be added or adjusted before we can call this update complete, and thorough testing needs to be done so we aren't giving you a broken demo.

So please stay tuned throughout the month for future information. I originally was going to stop posting screens from the new demo by now, but I've been getting so much positive feedback from them that I've decided to show a bit more throughout the month so that you get more insight to new things coming in v0.7. Keep an eye out for those as well! :)

^ As promised, a progress update for the new month

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:23 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Fehrst
And yeah I've hardly even had time for stages because I've been working on *SHOT*

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
Omg this osm keep it up.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Location: Dang, what funny joke do I put here? A meme? No that's stupid.
Currently Playing: Anything that I can find.
This is great news. I can already imagine playing Megaman in 0.7. I have also got a question for Cleod. When are you going to post this on Newgrounds? Full game or sometime before that?

Persona 4 Arena mains: Teddie, Elizabeth
SSBB mains: Lucas, Kirby
SSF2 mains: Bomberman, Tails

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:04 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Hope this demo keeps me busy with its new stuff.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:50 pm

very nice update :),i bet the next sneak peek will be a shot of the new menu or a new mode,because you showed us so many shots of a brawl.....

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 am

smellyalater wrote:
This is great news. I can already imagine playing Megaman in 0.7. I have also got a question for Cleod. When are you going to post this on Newgrounds? Full game or sometime before that?

Yes, will you post the full game on newgrounds?

:facepalm: Will you stop trying to act like a Mod?!

Locking for f#%$& great justice! :lock:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:17 am

Currently Playing: SSF2 Demo, Bioshock 2, Dissidia 012 duodecim
I bet the next demo will be very promising... seeing as how I loved the latest version when it came out.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:46 am

Currently Playing: Doom 3 BFG Edition PS3
of course the next demo is gonna be excellent! I'll answer that question about the download. Cleod9 has said that the game will be at newgrounds, but the download is going to be here, if i'm wrong correct me please.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:00 am

Location: Sitting @ home of course, why would you like to know??
I'm glad there is still a little bit more to add, and that your in the poolishing state. If you can remember how much progress percentage did you have last October with v0.6?

Meh My girlfriend broke up with me, it's like being stabbed in the heart. I know about 4 girls that have a crush on me as well, but I think I'll just go to the school dance friday.

it's not being stabbed in the heart if you're a pale skinny retard and no one wants you
also dont mistake the slightest bit of attention as a crush
get over yourself

^Funniest Quote Ever!

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 am

what ever happened to maybe the end of august i appreciate the time put in but its october i dont mind waiting when i get a decent expected demo release date but when its over a month later it kinda sucks cause i have to check this site like every day to see if the demo is done...and is the dojo stuff whats going to be in it cause i've seen a bowser picture on there pikachu ness and goku maybe a new stage or two and a ton of items im guessing thats what we should expect its nice but i'd like it if less updates were on the dojo id rather it be more of a surprise and im too curious to not look at the dojo :/ im not liking the updates in the news id rather wait it kinda ruins the surprise i guess that can be marked down as negative feedback and goku is boring kinda seems like neutral special is just like narutos and the rest you know what you're getting they're all original characters...fox or samus would be nice if originals are getting released all the time my favs are gonna be riku and shadow but they're unlockables so i shouldnt expect them any time soon probably in like 2 years those will be good to go i understand the work that goes into this stuff i'm a spriter and i've done work with flash games so i guess take your time but better release dates would be nice give like a month or two from when you expect it to be done next time lol

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:58 am

Currently Playing: UNIST
I'm gonna play it for like, 10 minutes.
Then get bored and wait for a new demo.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 am
YIM

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Ha, you'll be surprised.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:02 am
BR Member

80% done?!
:drool:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:48 am

80% done? More content? More character updates???

*drools*

One of the most criticized things I've seen characters get is their playability overall. A lot of people say that their sprites seem very limited, and that they play all funky. Since we are still in the demo stage, are there any plans to fix this problem?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:42 am
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next