The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:09 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Ichigo 

MGN Username: lord of d.
So... we found a :ichigo: hater ?

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:59 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
TheBeep wrote:
I find Ichigo as a very, very balanced character. He feels the least jank but at the same time so fun, and the only thing to me that's keeping him down is his mediocre recovery, but even then, you can mix it up with Getsuga and f-air. His speed is actually quite decent when you take him in a more technical standpoint, for example his f-air's pseudo wavedash (it can be pretty practical too, what if :ichigo: had an even lower shorthop-that would be insane) Then, Shunpo being Shunpo :chibirobo:

These nerfs were unneeded, at least to me. U-tilt with more lag? Oh please no SSF2 stop trying to be Brawl ffs
U-air was perfect where it was, DA is pretty long-ranged but it wasn't crazy jank like Mr. Stage Pressure right here > :bomberman:

If Ichigo got small buffs along the way, then I could appreciate BETA Ichigo more. I say if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I feel that characters such as :sonic: , :yoshi: , :jigglypuff: , :kirby: , :mario: are kinda getting slept on rn.

also

WiIE04 wrote:
:ichigo: was only good in v0.9a

= T R I G G E R E D =

lord of d. wrote:
So... we found a :ichigo: hater? don't flame

No, ichigo was NOT only good in 9a. And he is angry(triggered) because of that suggestion

Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:03 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
lord of d. wrote:
So... we found a :ichigo: hater?

:roll:

Masky wrote:
No, ichigo was NOT only good in 9a. And he is angry(triggered) because of that suggestion

ty for explaining what i meant tho

then again maybe lord of d meant that mr."ichigo was only good in 9a" was the hater

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:16 pm

TheBeep wrote:
lord of d. wrote:

Masky wrote:

then again maybe lord of d meant that mr."ichigo was only good in 9a" was the hater

The hate is mr "lets nerf ichigo without reasons"

Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:40 am

lord of d. wrote:
TheBeep wrote:
lord of d. wrote:

Masky wrote:

instead of give me options of how to punish you only tell me "just DI" and "he is balanced because he kills like 150% in midle of stage" yeah all of us wait to our opponents are in the midle to kill them... i have reasons to ask nerfs for :ichigo: he has invincibility frames, huge and fast hitboxes and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OhFCZZ_L3E (3:32) i can understand why people dont want to nerf their main but is not fair for the rest of comunity

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
yamnow wrote:
lord of d. wrote:
TheBeep wrote:
lord of d. wrote:

Masky wrote:

instead of give me options of how to punish you only tell me "just DI" and "he is balanced because he kills like 150% in midle of stage" yeah all of us wait to our opponents are in the midle to kill them... i have reasons to ask nerfs for :ichigo: he has invincibility frames, huge and fast hitboxes and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OhFCZZ_L3E (3:32) i can understand why people dont want to nerf their main but is not fair for the rest of comunity

Cause your reasons are not reasonable.

Invincibility? He has that on a few attacks, which can make up for the lack their of on his roll and 100% get up attack. Also those moves are punishable and they have what, like 2 to 3 frames of invincibility?

Fast attacks? The majority of chatacters have fast attacks. Is Ichigo suppose to have poor frame data all around? Tell me what attacks shouldn't be fast?

That happened at 120%, I was able to meteor cancel the move at 0% to which some people didn't think was possible.

Want their main nerfed? Some of these people don't even main him and you wanting to take away his options that made him better this demo seems like a bit much.

He really doesn't have any broken or OP options from what I can tell.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:22 pm

yamnow wrote:
lord of d. wrote:
TheBeep wrote:
lord of d. wrote:

Masky wrote:

So..., taking the only things that make him good is your answer ?
Grown up!

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:42 pm

lord of d. wrote:
yamnow wrote:
lord of d. wrote:
TheBeep wrote:
lord of d. wrote:

Masky wrote:

So..., taking the only things that make him good is your answer ?
Grown up!

the guy who gets triggered with my suggestions tell me i need to grown up

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm surprised you didn't call out his 12 year ol' name. pretty childish if you ask me.

But moving on to things that absolutely need nerfs or tweaking with ichigo's moveset;
DownB.... DownB with those long lasting frames on impact and instant use spammability by SHDownB similar to multishine.
UpB on the ground. We don't need all that windbox so high up. But the suction of it is the most nerf worthy part. I don't want a swordsman accrue the power of 2 kirby inhales on either side forcing the victim into a near-guaranteed Utilt.

Utilt could use a bit of tweaking, I'd wager more damage and more base KB
Ftilt with 2-3slower frames but higher KB and a higher KB angle(~10 degrees)
Dtilt rework plox.
Fix hitboxes on DA (he has hitboxes on the sword pommel and blade until about halfway where the blade hitbox disappears for about 4 frames then reapears) faster overall but more endlag- pretty good for a get away from me when you're on the ground.
Charging pls on Nspec. Need I say more?
SideB KB change to a more horizontal point, say 40degrees? more base KB, low KB scaling and less hitstun.
Fsmash slightly lower baseKB but higher KB scaling with charged attacks- temptation to charge it for once.
Uair less KB scaling- I dislike the essence of a tipper Uair from marth on a huge sword

That is all off the top of my head

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:48 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
I'm surprised you didn't call out his 12 year ol' name. pretty childish if you ask me.

But moving on to things that absolutely need nerfs or tweaking with ichigo's moveset;
DownB.... DownB with those long lasting frames on impact and instant use spammability by SHDownB similar to multishine.
UpB on the ground. We don't need all that windbox so high up. But the suction of it is the most nerf worthy part. I don't want a swordsman accrue the power of 2 kirby inhales on either side forcing the victim into a near-guaranteed Utilt.

Dtilt rework plox.
Fix hitboxes on DA (he has hitboxes on the sword pommel and blade until about halfway where the blade hitbox disappears for about 4 frames then reapears) faster overall but more endlag- pretty good for a get away from me when you're on the ground.
SideB KB change to a more horizontal point, say 40degrees? more base KB, low KB scaling and less hitstun.
Fsmash slightly lower baseKB but higher KB scaling with charged attacks- temptation to charge it for once.
Uair less KB scaling- I dislike the essence of a tipper Uair from marth on a huge sword

I am going to ask you guys a simple question, can you imagine yourselfs playing as ichigo, with all these nerfs?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
lord of d. wrote:
MaskofTruth wrote:

Dtilt rework plox.

I am going to ask you guys a simple question, can you imagine yourselfs playing as ichigo, with all these nerfs?

Not all of these are nerfs.

I would say leave up tilt the way it is.

I am okay with forward tilt being that way.

About up air, Marth's up air tipped is stronger and last most of the animation when compared to Ichi's.

Not sure how to feel about your f smash suggestion.

I just hate people doing down throw, down air to grounded down special like he doesn't have any other combos. I would be okay with down special maybe.

Grounded up b is fine to me.

Side b is fine with me, but would like ut getting worse if people continue to use it.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:12 pm

lord of d. wrote:
MaskofTruth wrote:

Dtilt rework plox.

yes, of course. But a simple question to you, why don't you start playing competitive?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:40 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
lord of d. wrote:
MaskofTruth wrote:

yes, of course. But a simple question to you, why don't you start playing competitive?

When i started to play ssf2 in 2008 i just wanted to have fun like everyone in the internet, i did not wanted to stress my self trying to defend me and the charecter that i like.So, no competitive. And maybe, MAYBE, no more ssf2 forums, i thought that was a good community. Then i searched deeper in the treads. I found horrible things that i would never imagine in one forum about a flash game (Yes, i am talking about the aizen of this forum)

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:09 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
lord of d. wrote:
When i started to play ssf2 in 2008 i just wanted to have fun like everyone in the internet, i did not wanted to stress my self trying to defend me and the charecter that i like.So, no competitive. And maybe, MAYBE, no more ssf2 forums, i thought that was a good community. Then i searched deeper in the treads. I found horrible things that i would never imagine in one forum about a flash game (Yes, i am talking about the aizen of this forum)

Like, I get your purpose, but let's not put ourselves into a midlife crisis because of people's judgment of a single character.

As for me,
I find the need to nerf Ichigo..
kinda nonexistent.

He's balanced to me, so why make him worse? ik there were some changes that Masky put on his own list that weren't necessarily nerfs, but I still feel like Ichigo's current state isn't overpowered, so why try and fix it?

Does nobody here agree with the philosophy of instead of nerfing the top, buff the bottom? Not PM's way by giving everyone 0-d combos, but you know what I mean.

Ichigo isn't at the top either imo. but hey-it's not like I know enough of the current meta.

Ichigo's gameplay right now feels of the epitome of SSF2. It has a patient, yet fast feel to it. Feels like a fun passive-aggressive character to me, and it shows how much of a Smash Frankenstein SSF2 is. And a lot of us considered Ichigo super slow at the beginning of this demo. What makes his Down-B so fun to use, is that it's fast as hell. Dialing back the speed of it hurts Ichigo's combo game real bad.

What's wrong with slight jank stuff anyway? Melee has it. Sm4sh has it. For example, if you nerfed Fox (his shine and lasers getting the boot) like MagicScrumpy did earlier, it isn't Fox anymore. (And characters like Peach Puff and Samus would rule the meta, and we all know the game wouldn't live to its caliber now.)

I'm just saying that Ichigo may be made more "fair" and "balanced" in the long run, but his fun-factor is what gets people to play him.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:24 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
I was agreeing with you until...

TheBeep wrote:
What's wrong with slight jank stuff anyway? Melee has it. Sm4sh has it. For example, if you nerfed Fox (his shine and lasers getting the boot) like MagicScrumpy did earlier, it isn't Fox anymore. (And characters like Peach Puff and Samus would rule the meta, and we all know the game wouldn't live to its caliber now.)

Here you lost me entirely. First of all, MagicScrumpy did the right thing with Fox, his strenghts in Melee were polarizing and ridiculous. The character was the same, just not broken, and if your "concept" of Melee Fox's essence is being broken, then it's bad game design.

Jank is not something should happen by concept. Characters should have features, but those features should not bring jank. That is not okay under any situation. However, it is easy that as a designer you don't catch one thing that can be janky, that's completely understandable, but you should not just "let it slide".

But about Ichigo, yeah, I fee like he's just right atm, Beta changes make him look very nice.

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:06 am
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next