The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

[ 705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia VII [Touhou] 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
194 wrote:
Brik: yes.
Well, this basically solves all our problems. No need to go the roundabout way now; even if we lynch incorrectly the mafia won't win.

Believeblood wrote:
...if I am killed at night I will appear as town, if I am lynch then I will appear as mafia.
This is awfully convenient, but definitely not something that I would put past 194. I am inclined to believe, well, Believeblood.

Conversely, there is Prince Marth. It's generally good practice and really just common sense to reveal results right away when claiming an investigative role. Sure, we could chalk this up to him being a new player, but the issues don't end there. Compare his claimed role;
Prince Marth wrote:
I am Sanae Kochiya, guardian of the Moriya Shrine and the town's band analyzer. My ability is I'm able to check two players to see if they're of the same alignment.

to his supposed results:

Prince Marth wrote:
They're all aligned to the town.

Right. Sorry bucko, but if you told us your true and real ability, which you obviously did because you're a super pro-town town-loving townie, then there is no way that you could get the result "They're all aligned to the town." Based on your description, you get to find out whether two players are of the same alignment. Not what alignment they actually are. Bogus bonanza right here.

Just to give you a sporting chance, however, I suggest you tell us precisely whom you investigated, on what night and exactly what the results were.

Vote: Prince Marth

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:50 pm

I was under the impression that Thomas Terminator and Cactus were confirmed townies. Was I wrong?
That's why I said they were all on the town's side.

P.S. Yes, this is my first time playing and I don't know proper role revealing etiquette.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Double Post

First night I investigated Felipe and Thomas Terminator. They're of the same alignment.
Second night I got a bomb.
Third night I investigated Cactus and Crabby with the same results as above.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Brikmaninoff wrote:
Pachino wrote:
DJ seems kind of scummy (to me), but he does have that investigative ability so I'm willing to bet that he's town.
Remember that I granted him his investigative powers. Having them doesn't clear him. I'm still pretty sure that he is town, which is why I sent him the flower in the first place, but it doesn't clear him 100%.

I'm fairly certain that this game's scum team looks something like this:

+ Crabby
+ Pachino
+ Believeblood or Prince Marth
+ Maybe one other person.

In addition to our two primary suspects claiming, you know what would be really useful? Affirmation of whether the fourth person is scum or third party. 194, does this set-up contain two third parties?

I've had the same feeling. I've been suspicious of Pachino from the start but there was never any hard evidence, and after Day 2, it was more probable that we would lynch mafia by focusing on Believeblood/PM. I'm not sure why you have me on that list though...especially when I was the one that brought up this idea in the first place.

Prince Marth wrote:
My ability is I'm able to check two players to see if they're of the same alignment. So far, I've checked Felipe, T_T, Cactus, and Crabby. I'll let you guys take this in before I reveal the results.

Also, this is bogus. Sure the 'results' are true, but this isn't what you should have gotten. Any investigations targeting me are supposed to fail, so when you tried to see if I was the same alignment with someone the investigation should have blown up in your face. Putting my vote back on you, PM.

Vote: Prince Marth

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Do you have an explanation to why it said you and Cactus were of the same alignment?
I'm just telling you guys what I got.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Either I was bussed or you're lying. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter, especially since if what you say is true the town would have three investigative roles. That seems highly unlikely.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Mmm

Crabby and Brik for Mafia buddy tier.

Brik should be clever enough to figure out what PM did. It was rather obvious. Trying to turn that around and thinking we're all dumb and won't notice makes him highly suspect.
Except that he gave me a flower. :///

Crabby is a silly.

1. Mafia can make seemingly good, pro town points. That's what good Mafia players do. Crabby is a good Mafia player. 1 + 1 = 2.
2. If Crabby is a Mafia, trying to pass himself off as a miller is really quite useful. I mean, it condemns PM and protects Crabby from future investigations all at the same time.
3. There shouldn't be that many (death)millers in this game. I think we've heard of 3 so far?

Vote: Crabby

Vote Count Please.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:27 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Mmm

Crabby and Brik for Mafia buddy tier.

Brik should be clever enough to figure out what PM did. It was rather obvious. Trying to turn that around and thinking we're all dumb and won't notice makes him highly suspect.

Crabby is a silly.

1. Mafia can make seemingly good, pro town points. That's what good Mafia players do. Crabby is a good Mafia player. 1 + 1 = 2.
2. If Crabby is a Mafia, trying to pass himself off as a miller is really quite useful. I mean, it condemns PM and protects Crabby from future investigations all at the same time.
3. There shouldn't be that many (death)millers in this game. I think we've heard of 3 so far?

Vote: Crabby

Vote Count Please.

Wait a minute...if crabby is a mafia, then wouldn't that mean that prince marth lied to us? PM told us that cactus and crabby were of the same alignment so by accusing crabby as a mafia either crabby was bussed or PM was lying... if anyone is a busser please tell us, because even if a mislynch doesn't end the game it'll still place us in a bad position. It's not like the mafia would want to kill a busser anyways.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm
BR Member

Believeblood wrote:
Wait a minute...if crabby is a mafia, then wouldn't that mean that prince marth lied to us?
Indeed that it would. Thanks to Prince Marth's supposed investigation results, we have an additional lead. If his highness turns out to be scum, it is practically guaranteed that at least one of the following people are also mafia.
Prince Marth wrote:
So far, I've checked Felipe, T_T, Cactus, and Crabby.
The strategy employed here is to lump in one of his mafia buddies with a bunch of confirmed innocents, then refer to the group as a pro-town unit. Thus, what we have here is a game of "spot the odd one out." Remember those from kindergarten? This is what we have been trained for. Time to put our collective educations to use.

Out of these four, we have one absolutely, undoubtedly, completely one hundred percent townie (Felipe), one almost fully confirmed townie (Cactus), one sort-of maybe townie (Thomas) and one unknown (guess who). If Prince Marth is scum, then Crabby is almost guaranteed to be too. If Crabby isn't, then Thomas is. Thus, with all the information gathered so far, the only logical action is in fact to lynch Marth. Look at it this way:

Possibility A
Day 4
Action: Lynch Prince Marth.
Result: Marth is scum.
Conclusion: Crabby is almost guaranteed to also be scum.
Status on Day 5: 6 vs. 2 vs. 1 with a solid lead on a second scumbag.

Possibility B
Day 4
Result: Marth is innocent.
Conclusion: Believeblood is almost guaranteed to be scum.
Status on Day 5: 5 vs. 3 vs. 1 with a solid lead on a mafioso.

Possibility C
Day 4
Result: Marth is third party.
Conclusion: \_(0_o)_/
Status on Day 5: 6 vs. 3 with the guarantee of no more third party interference.

As you can see, lynching Marth is beneficial no matter the result. Scum? Big win for the town. Townie? A loss compensated for by a solid lead. Third party? Elimination of a threat to the town, whether passive or aggressive, and town maintains the majority vote.

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
I did notice, but I was hoping to leave pointing it out until Day 5. Scum aren't going to take too kindly to someone outing two of their members at once when they can no longer guide an easy lynch on said person.

Oh yeah, one last thing.
Crabby wrote:
I've had the same feeling. I've been suspicious of Pachino from the start but there was never any hard evidence...
If Crabby is scum, then Pachino is most likely not.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

I think prince marth is straight up lying to us, but I can't be sure unless the busman(if there is one) tells us what he did on night 3.
Also brik I think its worth mentioning that if PM and crabby had really planned that, then why would crabby object against it? If someone confirmed your innocence and you were a mafia wouldn't you just let it slide? This leads me to believe that if PM lied, then crabby was telling the truth and is a townie. In fact unless the busman had really been involved in the action of night 3 then PM is definatley lying to us. Let me put it like this.
If Crabby is telling the truth then PM is lying.(indicates third party or scum)Chance of being the truth 50%
If Crabby is telling a lie and is a scum, then PM is STILL lying.(indicates 3rd party.)Chance of being the truth 20%
If crabby was bussed on night 3, then both of them could be lying or telling the truth(No indication of prince marth,but leans crabby to town sided)Chance of being the truth 10%

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:48 pm

DP In my last post chance of being the truth means the probability of the situation happening. Just in case that wasn't claer enough.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Crabby is a silly.

>I brought up good points that help progress the down and helped to draw out possible scum
>I am mafia

Perfect logic right there.

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

...If I wasn't telling the truth, I would have just kept my trap shut after PM said I was town aligned. But the fact is, investigations targeting me fail; the results should have been inconclusive.

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

When did I ever say I was a miller? Investigations against me fail; they're inconclusive and don't tell what alignment I am. I'm town, but investigations can't prove my alignment one way or another. The only good reason PM could have to just flat out lie about his ability is if he was scum.

Brik's possibilities and what we can conclude from them for the most part seem reasonable. Lynching PM today has some good benefits for the town, can clear up a lot of misconceptions, and reveal more information for the town.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Also, vote count please. Day's about to end, so you guys that haven't voted but plan to should go make your decisions. We can't really afford go another lynchless day.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Crabby wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:

>I brought up good points that help progress the down and helped to draw out possible scum
>I am mafia

>I'm a Mafia and I try to get people I "suspect" lynched because it benefits me
>I'm a Mafia

Brik's reasoning seems sound, and I don't think he would have asked 194 how many Mafiosos there were twice if he was a Mafia.
And he gave me a flower.
So, Vote: Prince Marth

Also, if you're the third party and you're a serial killer, please target the most likely Mafia candidate instead of a townie, especially if Prince Math is innocent, because if two non-mafias die within the next 24 game hours, the Mafia wins.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:21 pm
BR Member

Believeblood, where are you getting your figures from? I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind them.

Believeblood wrote:
Also brik I think its worth mentioning that if PM and crabby had really planned that, then why would crabby object against it? If someone confirmed your innocence and you were a mafia wouldn't you just let it slide? This leads me to believe that if PM lied, then crabby was telling the truth and is a townie.

Crabby didn't object, at least not directly. He said;
Crabby wrote:
Sure the 'results' are true
and then objected to Prince Marth being able to investigate him at all, thus distancing himself from his scum buddy. He was more than happy to accept the results.

Lastly, as I said before, if Prince Marth is scum, then at least one person from his investigation list is also scum. Claiming investigator then using said claim to clear their buddies is simply the way mafia think. I should know, since I used that tactic to great effect in Mafia V. That means that, barring the unlikely possibility that the prince is who he claims to be, either Felipe, Cactus, Thomas or Crabby are mafia. The first two are clear, the third is probably town-aligned as well. That leaves the fourth, namely Crabby.

194, could you prod Thomas Terminator and TheUltimateFighter, please? Their absence is slowing the game down.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:49 pm
 [ 705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next