The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:39 pm

[ 13 posts ] 
Defect 

Holy... cow, that's a lot of reading!
After a nearly infinite legacy of the whole “good vs. evil” charade, it finally looked like things had settled down for good. Recently, a wicked reprobate, going simply by the name of “Desmos”, had somehow managed to upset the balance of the entire universe, sending countless worlds into orbits. Relatively few refugees had managed to safely escape this calamity, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.7 million. After an indefinite period of panic and chaos, the survivors began to organize, forming a colony on one of the few remaining inhabitable havens in the cosmos. They quickly set to work reconstructing the community, forming a system of government and stabilizing the economy. Before long, they had a thriving utopia, a perfect little patch of heaven in the midst of a crumbling universe, a diamond in the rough, you might say. Due to the origin and purpose of the colony, they decided to dub it “Hope”. The ruling government was a fair one. It comprised of a senate, comprising of five delegates for each species represented in the community. At the head of the government sat the High Priest, acting as the adjudicator for the entire city. He was responsible for making sure the laws passed by the senate were enforced and enacting discipline when they were broken. It seemed a fair elective system with unbiased laws. However, one law that was emphasized above the rest was the forbiddance of technology, the very abomination that had allowed “Desmos” to obliterate almost the entire universe. Now, this all seemed well and good, but there was something missing, some vital element that was not supported by this isolated way of life. There were a few inhabitants who felt that there was an inevitable something… “else”. Among these was Zesper, a curious little bugger who instinctively questioned everything he came across. One of his most significant skepticisms was the law banning technology. He was doubtful about the government’s good intentions in doing this. Did technology not make life better for everyone? Zesper would spend much time pondering these thoughts. He often liked to take prolonged walks, if only to get away from all the hustle and bustle and have some time for himself to think. He often wandered unwittingly past the borders of the city. Leaving the city was illegal, but he’d never been caught before, and he never did it on purpose, so he figured that justified his little trespasses. Of course, they seemed completely innocent. He did no damage by leaving the metropolis. Nothing significant happened… until one day. Zesper was out on one of his little walks when he stumbled upon a rather large pile of junk. His curiosity sparked, he decided to have a brief look around. As he meandered, a gleam of light caught his eye, the reflection of the sun. He turned toward the source of the flash, homing in on what looked like a pair of studded gloves. Upon further investigation, he discovered that there was also a matching pair of boots, adorned with similar studs. He quickly donned them, cherishing his new discovery. He clapped his hands together in excitement, and before he knew it, Zesper was hovering about one foot off the ground. He began to waver, falling forward, but he didn’t hit the ground. He was kept aloft by some unseen force. He tumbled over and over, attempting in vain to recover his balance. That’s when he had a thought: Maybe the gloves were doing it. He quickly clapped his hands together again and he promptly collapsed onto the ground in a heap. His eyes began to widen as he realized the potential in this pile of junk. He looked around some more, his search uncovering another futuristic piece. It looked somewhat like a revolver, but it had three barrels rather than one. What’s more, he also found a convenient little stash of discarded currency, more than he made in a year. There was possibility in this. He rushed hurriedly back to the town, flaunting his newfound treasure. That’s when the “idea” came to him. With this money, he could fund an expedition to the outside, finally discovering more than anyone had ever known confined in that rattrap that passed for a city. Together, they would discover the secrets of technology and improve the conditions of everyone in Hope. He immediately set off to find some recruits. He made some fliers to advertise his planned quest.

Name:
Weapons:
Powers:

Okay, guys here's the deal. This is going to be a quest/adventure type RP. There will be multipe enviroments you will have to travel through until you reach the end. You will be faced by multiple baddies and even some agents of the High Priest who try to stop you.
The leader of the expedition will be Zesper with his RP character Zesper. He will be accepting or declining the applications.
There will be five opennings.

Rules:

Zesper is in charge of the expedition, but I will be controlling the sequence of events.

No godmodding.

No autohit.

Have fun, victims!... I mean, RPers. Heh... heh... heh...

Once we have the sign-ups, the RP will commence.

Last edited by Nate on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Nate wrote:
You can't separate from the group or go off on your own. (If you do, you will be automatically killed by enemies and/or animals)

Lame. If I want to play a sidescroller I'll go play Super Mario World.

Besides who would want to play a Scout anyways...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:39 pm

I'll get the bio up shortly...

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:55 pm

What the hell makes you think it's a side-scroller?...

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:00 pm

The classic "if you leave the set path you die" part. Actually scratch that, a sidescroller has more freedom.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 pm

He's got a point... Maybe we should give them a little more freedom.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:08 pm

The point is, if you try to separate from the group, you won't last a minute on your own. As long as you stay with the group, you can go anywhere you want.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Right now, I bet Werebob is making a witty retort.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 pm

No I can go anywhere the group wants to go.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 pm
Site Moderator

I agree with Were. Also i bet he is as well. and has XD

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:19 pm

WereBob wrote:

What do you mean by that?

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:54 pm

Nate wrote:
WereBob wrote:

What do you mean by that?

Not even going to dignify that with a reply answer.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:03 pm

...whatever.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:12 pm
 [ 13 posts ]