The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
[MP] Mighty No. 9 

Currently Playing: UNIST
I can't say I'm all that hyped for this game. I was originally hyped but the hype is dying fast for two reasons:
spring 2015 release date
it's not another mega man. as close as it'll be, it won't be mega man.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:34 pm
YIM

Kuro Kagami wrote:
I can't say I'm all that hyped for this game. I was originally hyped but the hype is dying fast for two reasons:
spring 2015 release date

This is not Mega Man and we don't want this to be Mega Man.
If they can take the general spirit and gameplay of Mega Man, while still making something new and better than Mega Man, Mighty no 9 may just be what every fan of Mega Man all over the world have been waiting for years.
I, myself was not one of them, but I know a little bit of their disappointement in Capcom, and when I see how wonderful the Maga Man franchise was all over around, I can't help but feel they are right.
I had a NES before, it died very long ago and I never had a Mega Man on any console at all. I was never a Mega Man player at all, but recently I took interest in it, and I think Mighty no 9 may be one of the best game to be looking for the next few years.

As for the release date, don't you think it's necessary to release it at least after ~2 years of developpement to be sure its gonna be good, and not just a "what, that's it ?" game ?

Press V wrote:
Matchups Chart and Competitive Character Potential (Tier list) mirror each other.

awesome: show

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 am

Press V wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
spring 2015 release date

If they can take the general spirit and gameplay of Mega Man, while still making something new and better than Mega Man, Mighty no 9 may just be what every fan of Mega Man all over the world have been waiting for years.
I, myself was not one of them, but I know a little bit of their disappointement in Capcom, and when I see how wonderful the Maga Man franchise was all over around, I can't help but feel they are right.
I had a NES before, it died very long ago and I never had a Mega Man on any console at all. I was never a Mega Man player at all, but recently I took interest in it, and I think Mighty no 9 may be one of the best game to be looking for the next few years.

As for the release date, don't you think it's necessary to release it at least after ~2 years of developpement to be sure its gonna be good, and not just a "what, that's it ?" game ?

it'd kind of hard to say when you aren't a mega man player, isn't it?
i'm not saying this game will entirely suck, but it's not mega man. i'm not meaning to b**** or whine and demand another one, but it's disappointing to know this is probably as close as we're getting to another one.

also, i know developing games takes time, yes. that does not quite mean that i will be happy that it's going to take 2 more years of development. there's a good chance i'll forget about this for a long time and then forget it even existed by the time it comes out.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:03 am
YIM
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Press V wrote:

Kid, the only reason why most of the people are hyped for this is BECAUSE it is Mega Man.

I personally agree with Kuro; I would have prefered an actual Mega Man game with this kind of art, as opposed to this project. Apologies to all who enjoy this, but it all seems like a bootleg to me, considering how immensly similair all the designs for the main characters are.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 am

that's still better than nothing

if you're going to tell me that you'd want a new Starforce or some s*** instead of this then

lmao

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:41 am

Kuro Kagami wrote:
Press V wrote:
Kuro Kagami wrote:
spring 2015 release date

it'd kind of hard to say when you aren't a mega man player, isn't it?
i'm not saying this game will entirely suck, but it's not mega man. i'm not meaning to b$%&# or whine and demand another one, but it's disappointing to know this is probably as close as we're getting to another one.

also, i know developing games takes time, yes. that does not quite mean that i will be happy that it's going to take 2 more years of development. there's a good chance i'll forget about this for a long time and then forget it even existed by the time it comes out.

Actually I played many fangames, you know... And I loved them. Mega Man's awesome, really.
But it's up to you to accept fangames and romhacks as real Mega Man or not.
I don't own any official (not even a rom, but I do have one already patched romhack called Rockman 4 minus infinity), but I most certainly do know what a classic Mega Man plays like. I would have loved to play a Mega Man X, though.
Sadly, I don't see any fangame section here in the forum.
Should I be ashamed of not owning any official one ? I am a bit poor, but fangames aren't illegal, so there I went.

Back to Mighty no 9.
Patience pays off my friend. ;)

@Steven
Yes, of course, but Keiji Inafune must also prove he can do more than just that. He has to show Capcom he is the real deal, and he doesn't need "Mega Man" in the title for that.

This game is a Mega Man going beyond Mega Man. No lawyers issue, and even better experience !

Press V wrote:
Matchups Chart and Competitive Character Potential (Tier list) mirror each other.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 am

i know it's better than nothing, but i'm sure a lot of people would have preferred another mega man over mighty no. 9
yeah, i'll still get it and probably like it. but if i had a choice, i'd choose mega man.

playing a fan game isn't exactly a replacement to the actual games. i'd much rather not have this argument for a second day in a row (i was in a similar one yesterday) but fan games =/= actual games (although some are pretty fun). if you can, i'd suggest the collector's edition for the playstation 2. gives you like, 8 mega man games and you'd get a good feel of them for a good price.
i can't really think of a game "replacing" one of my favorite franchises. it's like pokemon suddenly declining and now you have capturing monsters: the video game instead. it's not pokemon, even though it's close.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:46 am
YIM

There's a difference between something getting worse and something completely stopping.

You can complain all you want about this not actually being Mega Man, but it's one Mega Man game. Go ask Capcom and you'll get zero Mega Man games.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 am

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i know it's better than nothing, but i'm sure a lot of people would have preferred another mega man over mighty no. 9
yeah, i'll still get it and probably like it. but if i had a choice, i'd choose mega man.

playing a fan game isn't exactly a replacement to the actual games. i'd much rather not have this argument for a second day in a row (i was in a similar one yesterday) but fan games =/= actual games (although some are pretty fun). if you can, i'd suggest the collector's edition for the playstation 2. gives you like, 8 mega man games and you'd get a good feel of them for a good price.
i can't really think of a game "replacing" one of my favorite franchises. it's like pokemon suddenly declining and now you have capturing monsters: the video game instead. it's not pokemon, even though it's close.

Well, I agree with you, that's why I didn't bring them up initially. Though, I played some really good ones, some were very accurate to Mega Man, while others tried being very different (like the one I mentioned to a great extent).
I like to think I still played very enjoyable titles, even if they aren't official Mega Man.

The deal with Mega Man, by comparison with your Pokémon example (a game I also like by the way), is that Pokémon is healthy as ever and sells dreams to their fans since its beggining (even if some issues appeared... notably from gen 2 to gen 3 transition).
While Mega Man on the other hand, is pooped on by Capcom, who cancelled many games (4, I heared) and disappointed the fandom of one of the best franchise ever (ever !).

Mega Man is insanely good. When I compare it with Sonic history, it strikes me. But why does Capcom treat it like that ?
Pokémon still is in good hands, with the original owner, a new talented director who was part of the original team, and a good idea of what direction the game should take. Capcom on the other hand ? Mega Man is like a burden to them, as it appears (but I don't read their mind).

Its ironic I can't help but feel, that Mega Man struggle is the reason why there are so many good fangames and romhacks out there.
But in Capcom's hands ? Mega Man is close to dead.
That's why I support Mighty no 9. :)

Press V wrote:

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 am
Site Moderator

k-bizzle wrote:
that's still better than nothing

if you're going to tell me that you'd want a new Starforce or some s*** instead of this then

lmao

Platformers are rapidly setting new qualities standards (visually, what with Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sonic Generations, New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends etc) so imo it would have been really interesting to see a Mega Man or Megaman X entry living up to that level of graphical quality. Rockman Online looked very interesting in that regard, but alas.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 pm

I get that but

Complaining that something isn't Mega Man when the only reason it exists is because it isn't Mega Man is really dumb

If you want a new Mega Man, you want to be complaining about Capcom not making one instead of complaining about Inafune getting some people who have worked on Mega Man before and doing what Capcom clearly never will

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:22 pm
Site Moderator

We never really talked on the matter together we're a bit off on eachother's opinions; but I'm not complaining about Inafune doing this project. Rather, I'm dissappointed that Capcom never got around a proper sequal.

So to recap:
-I'm not complaining about Inafune actually doing things his fans want him to do
-I am complaining about Capcom not making a mega man game, what with Inafune obviously wanting to work on a Mega Man sequal (wich manifested itself in Mighty No. 9), meaning Capcom missed (yet another) great opportunity.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:28 pm

k-bizzle wrote:
If you want a new Mega Man, you want to be complaining about Capcom not making one instead of complaining about Inafune getting some people who have worked on Mega Man before and doing what Capcom clearly never will

This is exactly what I was trying to say.
Let's focus on what we are going to have, not what we were never going to.
Inafune isn't hurting Mega Man. He is doing the good to Mega Man fans Capcom isn't doing. This kind of thinking is better for all of us.

Complaining about Capcom, about an ill series (due to their fault), or a cancelled/never imagined Mega Man game won't revive Mega Man... Even if it's true.
Mighty no. 9, on the other hand, will live, that's the point.

Press V wrote:

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:34 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
for the record as a longtime mega man fan this is EXACTLY what i want, not some 'better than nothing' excuse.
for a long time now all ive wanted is for capcom to make a new game in the classic series that updates the game as if it had been conceived in the current generation of gaming and tech, rather than pointless mission-pack sequels (5 and 6) weird half-updates that play the same (7 and 8) and halfass attempts at reverting to what used to be good (9 and 10)
this is exactly what i want.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Tid wrote:
for the record as a longtime mega man fan this is EXACTLY what i want, not some 'better than nothing' excuse.
for a long time now all ive wanted is for capcom to make a new game in the classic series that updates the game as if it had been conceived in the current generation of gaming and tech, rather than pointless mission-pack sequels (5 and 6) weird half-updates that play the same (7 and 8) and halfass attempts at reverting to what used to be good (9 and 10)
this is exactly what i want.

I definitely agree with Tid here.

I mean... Didn't we all want a next-generation Mega Man game? Keiji is pretty much listening to what we want. However, Mega Man is not currently in Keiji's possession anymore. That's why we have Beck (Mighty No.9). He's also a great character for the role because he also has transformations which add a new depth of creativity upon the classic gameplay we all grown up to love.

Mighty No.9 is not an official Mega Man franchise and i can agree with that. However, it's a franchise specifically created for only one purpose: Giving the Mega Man fans what they truly wanted for years... A Next-Generation Mega Man game.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:48 am
 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next