The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 am

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
[0.9b UNFINISHED] SSF2 Frame Data Project 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Hello, my name is Starkiller, and this is the moment you have been waiting for. Over the last year I have worked on compiling the frame data for SSF2. Due to a large amount of tedious work I have found it hard to complete. But, recently I have had some motivation and been able to punch out a bunch of characters. Not all of the characters are done, but at the moment I have 15/29 characters done. Crossed off means I have their data down, the full list is:

1. Black Mage THANK YOU, DARK ERMAC
  2. Bomberman
  3. Captain Falcon
  4. Chibi-Robo
  5. Donkey Kong
  6. Fox
  7. Goku
  8. KK Goku
  9. Ichigo
  10. Jigglypuff
  11. Kirby
  12. Link
  13. Lloyd
  14. Mario
  15. Marth
  16. Mega Man
  17. Meta Knight
  18. Naruto
  19. Ness
  20. Peach
  21. Pikachu
  22. Samus
  23. Sheik
  24. Sonic
  25. Sora
  26. Tails
  27. Wario
  28. Yoshi
  29. Zelda
  30. Zero Suit Samus

HERE IS THE FRAME DATA IN AN UGLY SPREADSHEET ROFL

NOTE: Typically, the value in the box is the duration. For instance, Zelda's DA has startup for 4 frames, is active for 3, then it has 8 frames of endlag.

In the case of moves with multiple hits, I list when they are active.

If you don't understand the meaning of a number, let me know and I will explain it. Some columns have question marks, this means I couldn't feasibly calculate it or the number that actually goes there doesn't matter.

I also might go through and update some data, I have a feeling a lot of data (especially the earlier stuff) is kind of inaccurate but whatevs lol.

Once it gets completed, I'll split it up into each character. Don't expect any gifs at 1/3 depicting the hitbox tho lol.

---------------------------------------

Maybe now that I posted this, I'll spend more time finishing the list. I only want to help out the SSF2 meta. I am feeling like just going through the list alphabetically, but if there is enough demand I'll adjust the order of the queue for a more popular character (granted, I think I have most of the popular characters covered).

EDIT: I also want to expand this to include stuff like highest jump, highest DJ, etc. But that stuff comes later.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by Starkiller on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:29 am

MGN Username: scum
Sick stuff man, I hope you make a frame data table for beta. But considering that this game is running at 30 FPS, Is all frame data double when compared to official smash games?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:55 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
scumbag wrote:
Sick stuff man, I hope you make a frame data table for beta. But considering that this game is running at 30 FPS, Is all frame data double when compared to official smash games?

Pretty much, yes. Take Fox's shine, for instance. In Melee it is active frame 1 only, here it would technically be active frames 1 and 2 when compared to 60 FPS.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
This project is super ambitious and very cool. Thanks for taking the time to compile it.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:53 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
This is great, now maybe people refer to frames with it's actual name instead of 'lag' :pikachu:

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:42 am

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
My god, such dedication for finding these frames within the characters. Great job man!

You definitely need recruitments.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:50 pm

MGN Username: Kyoz
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB, ProjectM, SSB4
Fap, Fap, Fap.

Mains: :zerosuitsamus: :yoshi: :peach:

Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 pm
SSF2 Developer

1smash18 wrote:
My god, such dedication for finding these frames within the characters. Great job man!

What do you mean here lol

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Godot wrote:
1smash18 wrote:

like slaves

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:18 am

Now I know I'm gonna get hate for this because (lol less known community member talking to more well known)- but really, first of all I send you twitch messages, emails to emails people have told me you have ownership of and respond to, google+ msgs and you ignore them (and it was one msg per social network lol) to work on me for http://ssf2stats.pcriot.com because I have actual game data and you have more time to work on it but instead you ignore it and split up our work. Regardless I have no right to whine about that, I know you're doing what you think will get you the most credit and improve the community for the work you've done.

But honestly, only having that much data in one entire year when I can get every single character and stage information on ssf2stats.pcriot.com within a week, ESPECIALLY when there are incorrect things you've been saying to the community such as ZSS jab being frame 2, which is highly incorrect, it is frame 1 just like brawl. Like come on, you have no excuse to both disrespect me in that fashion and have incorrect and incomplete information, if you're going to do something of that nature at least do it better than what will be on ssf2 stats within a week.

No hard feelings but this really irked me since I thought it would have been better if we worked together, especially since we've both had slight mishaps in our data (I added one more frame to the total of some moves, you have WILDLY wrong information on some things). Also I know you're credible to other people who don't actually look at frame data that often but I lost all hope for your list when you put ZSS down special intangibility as 6 frames, it's frames 1-3.

Best of luck though, I just wanted to say it because I know I get enough hate already and people will say "ssf2 stats is a rip off!!!111"

edit: to show that I don't dislike you as a person I'm still subscribed to your media and like your stuff and will probably send you more positive feedback in the future lol. I know you may think I'm less credible and/or not worth listening to or something of the sort but when the actual game data doesn't argue with me I just happen to think I'm correct, it's only logical.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:36 am
SSF2 Developer

OnionOsher wrote:
Now I know I'm gonna get hate for this because (lol less known community member talking to more well known)- but really, first of all I send you twitch messages, emails to emails people have told me you have ownership of and respond to, google+ msgs and you ignore them (and it was one msg per social network lol) to work on me for http://ssf2stats.pcriot.com because I have actual game data and you have more time to work on it but instead you ignore it and split up our work. Regardless I have no right to whine about that, I know you're doing what you think will get you the most credit and improve the community for the work you've done.

But honestly, only having that much data in one entire year when I can get every single character and stage information on ssf2stats.pcriot.com within a week, ESPECIALLY when there are incorrect things you've been saying to the community such as ZSS jab being frame 2, which is highly incorrect, it is frame 1 just like brawl. Like come on, you have no excuse to both disrespect me in that fashion and have incorrect and incomplete information, if you're going to do something of that nature at least do it better than what will be on ssf2 stats within a week.

No hard feelings but this really irked me since I thought it would have been better if we worked together, especially since we've both had slight mishaps in our data (I added one more frame to the total of some moves, you have WILDLY wrong information on some things). Also I know you're credible to other people who don't actually look at frame data that often but I lost all hope for your list when you put ZSS down special intangibility as 6 frames, it's frames 1-3.

Best of luck though, I just wanted to say it because I know I get enough hate already and people will say "ssf2 stats is a rip off!!!111"

edit: to show that I don't dislike you as a person I'm still subscribed to your media and like your stuff and will probably send you more positive feedback in the future lol. I know you may think I'm less credible and/or not worth listening to or something of the sort but when the actual game data doesn't argue with me I just happen to think I'm correct, it's only logical.

To start, I'd like to congratulate you. It's often difficult to speak up against a big figure in any community, especially when you are new. So I want to give you kudos for that! :)

Secondly, because I don't want drama, I'll just come out and say it, I won't deny it. Ssf2stats made me post what I had. Initially I was going to wait until I had all of my data, but as I said I've been off-and-on for this project for about a year. It's not that I care about popularity, I just felt like if I had been doing this for a while and many people knew I was doing it, I'd like to receive acknowledgement for my work. I do like your website and layout, it looks way better than an ugly spreadsheet lol. I also like the anti-Lloyd guide, very informative.

However, I cannot tolerate lies. Not lies of the misguided nature, where someone says what they believe is right but due to some ignorance they are incorrect. These can be corrected, and the person in question set on the right path. I'm talking when someone knows full well they are wrong. I have received zero messages from all platforms regarding ssf2stats, I can say that with absolute certainty. No twitch messages, no emails, no G+ messages, no youtube messages, no fb messages (although I doubt you know me on there), and no PMs from the forums. I don't even know how you could think to make such a claim lol. You are aware of my twitch, youtube, and G+. You might have a wrong email, but all of these other platforms? Come on man

----------------------------------

Possessing the game data is not something only you have. It's not hard to decompile the dat files, I can do it, but I don't need to. I'm ignoring the really specific stuff because this is just a frame data project, The other dat like BKB and KBG are nice, but I'm not going to worry about collecting it because I feel its too abstract to make any real use out of. We already know what our characters kill moves are, the only thing that can really tell us is which kill move is the strongest lol.

I'm pretty sure I have never actually said that ZSS' jab is frame 2, if anything I would be trying to make sure ppl know that that move is frame 1 because I have the technology to check this kind of stuff out. That's not the kind of misinformation I would be spreading around. Besides, I know for sure that there is going to be some inaccurate stuff in the spreadsheets. I'm sure you understand, there are a lot of stats to collect and I was collecting them with a method that is prone to inaccuracy. I think only the last 8 or so I have been able to be more accurate, so going through and checking some of the other characters will take time, but for the moment most of the stuff is completely accurate. I appreciate people pointing out inaccuracies though, because as you said, this content only benefits the community.

If you have ever seen the Grand Championship arc of Yu-Gi-Oh!, we parallel Seto Kaiba and Zigfried Lloyd. I have a feeling that there's more to these parallels than just the hologram allegory...

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Godot wrote:
OnionOsher wrote:

To start, I'd like to congratulate you. It's often difficult to speak up against a big figure in any community, especially when you are new. So I want to give you kudos for that! :)

Secondly, because I don't want drama, I'll just come out and say it, I won't deny it. Ssf2stats made me post what I had. Initially I was going to wait until I had all of my data, but as I said I've been off-and-on for this project for about a year. It's not that I care about popularity, I just felt like if I had been doing this for a while and many people knew I was doing it, I'd like to receive acknowledgement for my work. I do like your website and layout, it looks way better than an ugly spreadsheet lol. I also like the anti-Lloyd guide, very informative.

However, I cannot tolerate lies. Not lies of the misguided nature, where someone says what they believe is right but due to some ignorance they are incorrect. These can be corrected, and the person in question set on the right path. I'm talking when someone knows full well they are wrong. I have received zero messages from all platforms regarding ssf2stats, I can say that with absolute certainty. No twitch messages, no emails, no G+ messages, no youtube messages, no fb messages (although I doubt you know me on there), and no PMs from the forums. I don't even know how you could think to make such a claim lol. You are aware of my twitch, youtube, and G+. You might have a wrong email, but all of these other platforms? Come on man

Possessing the game data is not something only you have. It's not hard to decompile the dat files, I can do it, but I don't need to. I'm ignoring the really specific stuff because this is just a frame data project, The other dat like BKB and KBG are nice, but I'm not going to worry about collecting it because I feel its too abstract to make any real use out of. We already know what our characters kill moves are, the only thing that can really tell us is which kill move is the strongest lol.

I'm pretty sure I have never actually said that ZSS' jab is frame 2, if anything I would be trying to make sure ppl know that that move is frame 1 because I have the technology to check this kind of stuff out. That's not the kind of misinformation I would be spreading around. Besides, I know for sure that there is going to be some inaccurate stuff in the spreadsheets. I'm sure you understand, there are a lot of stats to collect and I was collecting them with a method that is prone to inaccuracy. I think only the last 8 or so I have been able to be more accurate, so going through and checking some of the other characters will take time, but for the moment most of the stuff is completely accurate. I appreciate people pointing out inaccuracies though, because as you said, this content only benefits the community.

If you have ever seen the Grand Championship arc of Yu-Gi-Oh!, we parallel Seto Kaiba and Zigfried Lloyd. I have a feeling that there's more to these parallels than just the hologram allegory...

I can't respond to this because I keep getting logged off right when I finish my paragraph of response which is annoying because this internet is being buggy but I wanted to let you know I'm not "lying on purpose" assuming such negative things when you don't know someone doesn't really help anyone in this case.
https://gyazo.com/0b0a58d5b21437932682d93fbc28b13e
https://gyazo.com/f7a0b6bfe8c632b2ac49a775670dd0c8
https://gyazo.com/df090240c537ab8c80db44982bcda7d2

Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:36 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
OnionOsher wrote:
I can't respond to this because I keep getting logged off right when I finish my paragraph of response which is annoying because this internet is being buggy but I wanted to let you know I'm not "lying on purpose" assuming such negative things when you don't know someone doesn't really help anyone in this case.

how did you pm someone on g+ like that?

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:35 pm
SSF2 Developer

OnionOsher wrote:
Godot wrote:
OnionOsher wrote:

Saved the links so they can't go anywhere, if they are deleted that's an admission of guilt. I won't be editing this post, and the URLs can't change on me. Hopefully this will be the last post dealing with this. It is rather unfortunate you have put me in this position, I didn't take the username "Godot" for no reason.

The first image's message has a timestamp of 10/28/15, October 28th 2015. This was just before ssf2stats went up. Makes sense.

The second and third images has the same post, but the timestamp is 11/10/14, November 10th 2014. That's a long time difference. So, you photoshopped this fake image and messed up the timestamps? Nice one. Also note that all images have the same time of day, but the dates are different. That's quite a coincidence.

------------------------------------

The other theory is that you posted that a year ago and then proceeded to do nothing with it. I find that highly unlikely, since as you said you can get all of the data in a week. I was only doing TASes back then, why would you even need me to do frame data?

The first time I ever mentioned the frame data project was November 15th, actually. It was in the BR, and I can screenshot this for proof. You weren't even in the community that long ago, let alone in the BR. I think the first time I ever mentioned the frame data project outside of the BR was a week later, so even if you did message me back in 2014 there was no reason to. Once again, why would you message me, of all people, about frame data at all back then?

More proof by contradiction: Suppose you did send that message back in 2014. If you did, where's your message history in the 2015 one that would contain the 2014 message? Also, the activity its blocking where I say "Benjamin Briggs is my favourite remixer" is activity from August 2015. In order for you to have both that and the 2014 image in the same shot, this implies that you messaged me in 2014 about starting up a website, and took the screenshot months later (between now and last August). But you didn't start up the website with the data that you can easily acquire in those at least 9 months? Again, I find that odd.

------------------------------------

Also, others and myself cannot replicate this kind of messenger that you used to contact me. It's probably because NinjaLobsterStudios is set up like a business according to G+ as opposed to a person. I can replicate this messenger just fine when talking to other people, but I can't and nor can anyone else message NinjaLobsterStudios.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:47 pm

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
Godot wrote:
1smash18 wrote:

Like trying to get more help on your project to make things quicker.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:20 pm
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next