The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:27 pm

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Omnivident Book 2: Chapter 1 - Rumbles & Ripples 

Waifu: I'm married
Alice sat down while the ghosts disappeared and sighed. She looked around, just in time to see Antilita waving a massive warhammer like a toy. She smiled, it seemed she had a new friend. But suddenly, the sound of singing began to echoe through the halls, and she realized she had sensed properly that Joey was probably an artes de Carminis. She wanted to congratulate him, but the Earth began to quake as the s**** almost caved in. She jumped up desperately while Phora did full summons and carried her to the armory where they would be safe. Sorbet watched as Phora let her drop to the floor and eyed the others with a concerned gaze. "I hope everyone's alright... I could have my Totems grab everyone and take em to safety..."

---------

Daniel looked guilty for a moment. The ghost disappeared and he fell backwards, and after a moment Phora wandered up and poked him.
"That was sweet, next time remember that we might get surprised like that in training lessons. Maybe we never really hurt the ghosts, too, silly!" She giggled and he handed her a tart berry bag like he often did, since the Pixie seemed to enjoy the fruits so much. But suddenly, they heard a song being sung from an unknown source, and looked around. "Oh, a Carmini-" suddenly the ground quaked unexpectedly and Phora gasped and was full-summoned. She yanked Daniel's arm and pulled him out of the way as the s**** almost collapsed, setting him down in the armory with a gentle "Umph!" She smiled at her master and patted Daniel's head.

---------------

"I got 'im all safe, so we won't have to worry 'bout the Sage going missing!" She smelled nice and sweet, nectarish and fruity with a touch of pollen.

Daniel looked around at the others. "I have nothing to talk about," he said. "Unless one of you would actually enjoy talking to me." He was being half ironic, though he knew it was himself who wanted to speak.

Alice snuck up behind Tsubaki and grabbed her. "Tsubaki!" She had nearly melted into the shadows and been behind the girl so fast and efficiently, it was like magic. She squeezed the girl with delight and swayed a little. "You never called me during the summer, so now you have to make up for it! I order you to eat ice cream and play with me and my familiars!" Her sweetness was touching and warming. She hugged the girl close and made amused, chuckling sounds through her closed mouth.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:10 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Fire trucks and ambulances had arrived at the school as everyone was evacuated from the academy. Surprisingly, there was no major damage to the school and its grounds, nor were there any grievous injuries. News reports stated that the majority of the earthquake was centred in the north-east end of town, largely affecting Arclight Academy and the business district. As a precaution, the airport had cancelled its flights, in the event of any subsequent aftershock quakes.

Fortunately, as it was still the weekend, classes were not interrupted. The school had chartered buses to shuttle students to the Grand Palace hotel before classes were to start. Boarding roommates would likewise share their hotel room until they could return to the school. In the meantime, the school would be examined to determine the extent to which its structural integrity had been impacted by the earthquake.

----------------------------

Evelyn inwardly had to agree with Damian’s comment. It was true that they were not near any fault lines, so earthquake activity was highly uncommon. She didn’t want to run the risk of being paranoid, but perhaps it was another attack from a rogue omnivident disciple. It was definitely within the realm of possibility that a Terrae Naturae disciple had caused the earth to tremble. Her thoughts were interrupted as Bernice ran to her side with a look of relief.

“Evelyn! Thank goodness! When I didn’t see you, I was beginning to get worried. I’m glad you’re alright!” she exclaimed, quite uncharacteristically for the girl.

“Yeah, I’m sorry, I was at a club meeting when the earthquake happened” she replied.

“Did-” Bernice hesitated and looked around before continuing in a lowered voice “That didn’t have to do anything with the quake did it?”

“No,” Evelyn said with a slight smile, again thankful that she could share this side of her life with her friend “At least, I don’t think so” she added with a shrug.

------------------

Adi and Li had managed to separate themselves slightly from the group. It was quite clear that there was something on Li’s mind, as he was much more quiet than usual. Adi, on the other hand, was quite content with the extended silence and had not noticed his significant other’s malcontent. Eventually, Li had reached his boiling point, well aware that Adi was not noticing it.

“The armoury!” exclaimed Li “What made you think it was a good idea for us to hid inside the room filled with spikey-sharp medieval weaponry!?” snapped Li.

“At the time it seemed like a good idea,” replied Adi calmly “It was an instinctive response”

“Your instinct could’ve gotten us killed!”

“Let’s not do this now,” suggested Adi walking away from Li. Li grabbed Adi’s wrist to stop the young man from walking away.

“You can’t always walk away, Adi!” Adi sighed and grabbed Li by his shoulders.

“Look,” he said firmly “You’re going through a lot. You have college to worry about. You have school to worry about. You have the club to worry about. For those reasons, I know you haven’t been as attuned to your senses as you normally are. I’m telling you my instincts told me to go into that room – I don’t know why, but I intend to find out. Ok?”

With that said, Adi walked away from Li – leaving him alone with his thoughts.
“Juniors St. Augustine and Grayson, follow me”

--------------------------------------

Miss Rachel’s expression was awash with concern. What was it that she had felt before the earthquake? She could have sworn that they were about to be ambushed in some sort of attack. However, even the earthquake appeared quite natural – or at least it did with her limited powers. This was yet another one of those moments of inconvenience where she strongly disliked being out of the loop. If she had her powers, she would’ve seen the earthquake coming. An idea began to bubble up in her mind as a plan began to form. It was a reckless one, but a plan, nonetheless.

“Daniel, come with me” she said with a wave of her hand “We’re going to the Mystorium”

----------------------------------

Fiona was disappointed that she hadn’t been called along with Evelyn and Damian. She had liked being around the two more experienced Spiritorum and she found that she learned a lot when she was around them. Of course, she also just enjoyed being around Damian, but that was another issue entirely. Instead, she waited with the rest of the team as students got onto the shuttles to the Grand Palace Hotel. She had never stayed there before and hoped it would live up to all she had heard about it.

“Oh my god, Lotus!” exclaimed Fiona, an idea suddenly forming in her head, “We should have a slumber party! You and I already share a room, we can invite Chantelle, Tsubaki, Tsubaki’s roommate maybe even the new girl! It’ll be fun!..Get our mind off things”

------------------------

The myriad of emotions coming from the crowd was a bit much for Joey. He felt excitement, fear, anxiousness, and a number of other more typical teenaged feelings.
“EH! Joey, mate!” Sam had spotted him and ran to his side while waving to catch his attention “Didnae think au’d be in an earthquake ‘ere in me first week!” he joked “You ok, buddae?” Sam looked at his friend with genuine concern.

Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Even though there was probably some manner of concern and unease amongst students and staff despite not much damage to the building or anyone being seriously hurt, Damian took it all in calmer stride than he imagined himself capable of. That mostly translated to some blank staring and modest twitches of the brow or lips. "This feels like a souped up version of summer vaycay." He idly commented, not bothering to keep it to himself. The boy glanced at Evelyn and her friend, then Adi and Li, before lingering on Miss Rachel and Daniel for a moment. He'd just barely turned his head towards Lotus and Fiona when his gaze jerked back to Adi and Li. "Uhuh, okay, turning away. Not awkward." Though he could hear nothing, the conversation didn't look cheery and trouble in paradise wasn't good for anyone probably. Not to mention it would free up Li and Damian had no idea how he'd handle that yet.

Flinching at the summons from Adi that yanked him out of his train of thought, thankfully derailing it, Damian sighed and nodded. On the bright side, he was working with Evelyn which was more rewarding for a spiritorum such as him than he thought when they'd first met. "Hey Ev-elyn, Senior. Don't suppose you've got a specific target for us to scope out that you want to mention? Since, y'know, we're going there anyway. Unless we're not, so... maybe I'll just let you talk." Pursing his lips, Damian pointedly looked anywhere but Adi, giving a brief greeting smile to Evelyn for whatever that was worth. Though he wouldn't dare saybit, he suspected if Evelyn hadn't been called along, this would be less of an Omnivident situation and more of a shakedown in regards to Li. Atleast that secret was still safe with him and Tsubaki of all people apparently.

Last edited by Jacky 2:The Last Chapter on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 am

Currently Playing: animal f*** crossing,
The brief sense of satisfaction Joey felt from successfully making it to the armoury without getting attacked wasn't to last long. He perked up at Antilita's praise, laughing a little with her and starting to say "Thanks" when his good cheer was quickly swept aside by panic once the ground started to shake. It probably wasn't good to be underground during an earthquake, right? As the other students flooded into the armoury, Joey flattened himself against the wall, staying as far away from falling weapons as he could.

He thought his heart would stop when the lights went out, but within moments the room was lit again by one of the older students. Right. Supernatural powers. Still a little shaky, he mutely followed the rest of the club as they evacuated. This had been one weird first day.

Being above ground again was a massive relief, but as Joey approached the crowd outside of the school he also became aware of their emotions, which seemed to be pressing in on him from every angle. He slowed his walking speed and shook his head as if to clear out the foreign feelings. Was it going to be like this every time he was in a crowd? His anxiety started to rise, but he couldn't be sure if that was his own or someone else's.

Preoccupied as he was, Joey failed to notice Sam until the other boy was right beside him. He started, and spent a few seconds trying to get his emotions under control. When he turned to Sam to speak, his relieved smile concealed his inner turmoil. "I'm fine," he reassured his roommate, "just a little shaken up. Weird first day. You?"

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus stood with the rest of the students contemplating what had just unfolded. She hadn't been in an earthquake before and it was honestly quiet exhilarating. She took note of the various voices around her trying to listen in on multiple conversations before her ears finally fell on Fiona's voice.
"Um.. Slumber party?" She paused mulling the idea over "I don't see why not. I don't really know the new girl though. Are you sure you wanna invite her? She could be weird."

---
Id decided to walked around and try to interject herself into a conversation then she overheard Fiona and Lotus. A devious smile crept across her face. It sounded like Id had a party to crash.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:47 pm
Site Admin

Walking at a brisk pace, Adi ignored Damian’s awkward conversation, and got straight to the point. “As our two most trained Spiritorum, your acute spiritual senses are superior to the rest of the team,” stated Adi as he led the two younger students along the perimeter of the expansive school grounds. The commotion from the front of the school was enough to keep their movements largely unnoticed as Adi led them discretely to the very back of the school where the dorm rooms were held.

Spying an open window, Adi deftly jumped to its ledge with his enhanced physical capabilities and entered the room, waving his hand out the window in a quick gesture indicating that the two should follow. It was a feat quite simple for Evelyn, as all she would have to do is fly, but for Damian, it was near impossible.

“Junior St. Augustine, you have neglected your minor soul for too long,” stated Adi in a hushed voice “In this regard, Junior Grayson has surpassed you in ability” Evelyn resisted the urge to glare at the senior, but in a sense he was right. She had trained her soul of flight mostly for herself, while developing a much broader repertoire with her soul of light. Still, she wasn’t exactly sure whether she would be able to do what Adi was implying she do.

“Ok, hold on” she said while levitating off the ground. Evelyn grasped Damian’s shoulders and tugged on them upwards to no avail. The guy was heavy. Closing her eyes and focusing her energy, she tried once more – and something clicked. Weight didn’t appear to be the problem, or at least, not entirely, as she maintained contact with Damian the two floated up to the window and into the room. Nearly collapsing on the floor, Evelyn wiped the sweat from her forehead.

“Woah,” she said out of breath, “That was different.”

“We’ve got to keep moving” instructed Adi as they slipped out the room and crept through the empty school halls and back into the clubhouse room. It was then that Evelyn and Damian began to feel something quite strange in the air. It was an energy quite foreign to them and yet somewhat familiar. It was neither the presence of a ghost nor a demon.

--------------------------------------------------------

Fiona giggled at Lotus’ comment. It was true, but she would feel bad leaving the new girl out. And in the grand scheme of things, she’s seen a lot of weird stuff in the last year. A little rich girl wouldn’t be too far out on the weird spectrum – although she had heard the girl arrived at the school in a horse drawn carriage. Maybe she was a bit eccentric.

“It’ll be fine, Lotus! We’ll get to know Antilita and she’ll get to know us better too! Trust me, it’ll be fun! We can eat candy and have a dance party and maybe even…talk about our boy troubles…” she added the last part slyly.

“Aye” nodded Sam “Tae think dere would be a nat’rul disasterr on the first day of skol!” He mused out loud. “Ah phoned me grandad tae maek sure he durn’t worry! Ae’m going to have a slice with some of the lads, you want tae join?”

The students got onto the shuttle, sitting with their friends as it took them through the city to Grand Palace Hotel. The hotel, quite stunning, lived up to its name. It was definitely palatial in size and the architecture was designed to incorporate the design of a castle, but also modern touches of glass fixtures. The inside of the hotel was quite resplendent with dark wood offset by bright golden accents. The school had obtained the standard rooms – which included two queen sized beds a mini fridge stocked with assorted beverages and a snack bar.

“Oh my god! Lotus! This is amazing! Call up the gang!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Miss Rachel, where are we going?” asked Daniel as he struggled to keep up with the woman’s brisk pace. They had taken a taxi across town and it soon quickly dawned upon the boy as to where they were as he realized they were in a familiar neighbourhood.

“Miss Rachel…”began Daniel hesitantly “I don’t think I want to be here yet…I’m not ready.” Miss Rachel stopped and turned to look at the boy with a touch of melancholy.

“I know” she said softly “But you can’t let this hold you back forever, Daniel. If you are to ever reach your full potential, there are some obstacles that must be overcome and this is one of them.” With that said, they continued their walk, but at a much slower pace until they stood in front of the Mystorium. The shop had been boarded up over the summer, as it had been closed following the disappearance of Ms. Ignianus.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Following Adi along at a pace sufficient for keeping up though hardly being happy about it, Damian nodded as leisurely as he could despite their apparent rush. It wasn't as if he didn't already know as much but Damian would prefer not to engage in conversation with Adi, whatever that's like. He was very curious why exactly they were apparently sneaking into the dorm room but all would be revealed in due time or so he hoped. Being honest with himself, even though this was for the greater good, sneaking into the dorm room felt a little shady. It was a shame he had no idea how to get to and through the window. "Well, dandy", he muttered, wasting very few seconds on trying to figure that window out.

Raising an eyebrow at the hushed conversation, he hid the twitch of a smirk away from Evelyn even though he had little clue why Adi had brought that up in the first place. When Evelyn levitated, he opened his mouth to point out he was clearly stuck, then shut it when Evelyn grasped his shoulders. At first, he stared at her incredulously for trying to lift him, then he tensed just barely when his feet left the ground. Relaxing was shockingly difficult when being lifted by a girl that didn't strike him as very strong but he atleast figured Omnividence was responsible for that. Part of him hoped that was the case. "Different, we'll go with that." Taking a self-conscious poke at his right bicep, he snuck along with them back to the clubhouse room. Curiously perplexed by the energy he felt, Damian relied further on his senses to see if he could manage to narrow it down. "You've been in the business longer Ev, any idea?"

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Lotus wasn't as excited as the others to be in a fancy hotel. She secretly missed her bed. Lotus tried to stay cheery and looked in her phone for others to call. She quickly sent Chantelle and Tsubaki a message. Before smiling at Fiona.
"Alrighty I invited everyone."

----
(Id is doing Id things while waiting for party to start)

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 pm
Site Admin

Evelyn arched an eyebrow quizzically after Damian referred to her as “Ev”; she was not a fan of the nickname, but now was not the time. She was feeling a bit winded from using her abilities in ways that were not quite familiar to her and took a few moments to re-centre herself as she focused on what she was sensing. Closing her eyes, Evelyn slowed her breathing as she concentrated. Her mind tried to pick up on the peculiar energy signatures, but all it reminded her of was a vague trip to Ireland when she was much younger. With a sigh, Evelyn opened her eyes.

“It’s not a ghost or any sort of demonic entity,” she said clinically.

“Hmm, as I expected,” mused Adi “We’ll need to investigate further” It was then that one of the chairs moved in the room. It was not significant, and probably would have gone unnoticed if they weren’t in the room alone.

“Who’s there!?” demanded Evelyn, conjuring an orb of light to scan the room, but there was nothing to be seen. A mischievous laugh – almost childlike – from behind Damian suddenly broke the silence in the room. Adi summoned his karambit as he turned in the direction, but again there was nothing to be seen. There was another laugh and the ground began to rumble beneath their feet. It was then – if they squinted slightly – that they could make out the form of a child’s silhouette in the moonlight of the room as it stood on the table at the very front of the room.

“There it is!” yelled Adi “Stop it now!” He said while lunging after the child, but it deftly bounded out of his range. Evelyn, who had taken flight as the ground began to shake likewise attempted to catch the child, but it outmanoeuvered the girl as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The girls had settled themselves down for the night as their slumber party began. Each wearing their pyjamas of choice, they were ready for a night of fun – especially considering the terrifying earthquake during the day. Chantelle, the oldest of the group seemed a bit more aloof than usual, but only Sangeeta was to notice this. Likewise, she could tell that Lotus was troubled as well. A shame she was not much closer to them, or she would ask them what was wrong. Perhaps this night would remedy such things?

Fiona on the other hand was having the time of her life. She hadn’t come from money like most of the other students, and she could only dream who had stayed here before. She assumed that celebrities were probably around as well. It was so cool to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: The rest of the post will come in tomorrow @_@ Tired.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:56 pm

Damian maintained a focused, intense expression in the face of Evelyn's less than enthusiastic reaction. This was more for his sake truthfully, not being keen on suggesting any weakness to the technically more experienced spiritorum in the room that had lifted him in through a window just moments ago. He figured it would also help him in Adi's eyes. None of this meant he couldn't let his lips twitch into a smirk for half a second as Evelyn tried to discern what it could be. The presence was absolutely foreign to him as far as he could tell, not very similar to anything else he'd ever felt. Once Evelyn spoke, he couldn't help narrowing his eyes in dissapointment with their inability to recognize it. "Figures," he muttered.

Not bothering to look over at Adi, his eyes widened and his body tensed when one of the chairs moved. Cautiously taking a step away from the chair in question, his eyes darted around the room while Evelyn lit it up, gritting his teeth in anticipation. The ensuing laughter from behind him elicited a frantic and less than graceful spin to face the individual guilty of the startling sound. "Not again!" Nearly growling in discomfort, he steadied himself as best as he could, squinting at the amused culprit. He hardly needed to wait for Adi's command, springing to action in the midst of his call. Rendering himself invisible under hopes the child couldn't see him, he stumbled against the rumbling ground and his own team trying to catch the child. When he had the opening of neither in his way, he too dashed after the strange figure, banking his hopes on not being seen as he tried to tackle the child.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 pm

"Yeah, yeah, Sangeeta says she can come, it's no problem." Tsubaki replied merrily into the phone. The call form Lotus was out of the blue but it's not like they had anything better to do. This early in the year there wasn't anything to be studying for after all. "Give us, what," she looked for a sign from Sangeeta as she spoke, "ten... ah twenty minute? Yeah, we'll see you then, sayonara!"

It took a bit for the two girls to get ready since it was supposed to be a sleepover, they both had to get ready to go to bed even if it would take a while before they actually got there, and combing out the braid from earlier wasn't a quick task for Tsubaki and her long hair. Then they had to borrow all the blankets and pillows from their beds and Tsubaki had to sneak one more thing without Sangeeta even noticing it, casually whistling and hoping she didn't ask why Tsubaki's lump of stuff was slightly bigger.

Once there Tsubaki became acutely aware that everyone else, except Sangeeta, was either Omnivident or Chantelle, whatever she was. It was interesting that she'd even managed to make a friend that wasn't at least touched considering the group, and hoped that it wouldn't cause any problems, Fiona was so giddy Tsubaki thought she might end up using her soul of flight unintentionally. But she guessed that was natural. She herself still wasn't really used to fancy hotels and stuff, and sleepovers were a pretty rare thing in her life too. She found herself thankful that Mikiru had pushed her to hang out so often over the summer so she could pick up at least a few tricks, if not potluck she could at least...

"Kero karaoke!" She suddenly exclaimed, jumping up like the frog she was dressed as, and pulling out and plopping down the machine. "Sing-a-longs are slumber party tradition right, and so lets rock-paper-scissors and see who sings first!"

---

"Grgrgraahgr." Whatever primal scream the small girl let loose into her pillow had been completely swallowed up by it. As expected, they were very high quality pillows, but she didn't want high quality pillows. She wanted a creaky bunk bed in a room with a low ceiling sleeping near a mostly complete stranger she was sure wasn't too found of her so far. Not that her bunk bed would have even been set-up yet, the earthquake would have seen to that. Stupid tectonic movement. Or oil fracking? Now that she thought about it Darren wasn't located anywhere near anything that would cause an earthquake naturally. That could mean only one thing. She thrashed her legs against her bed as it hit her: The earth was specifically out to get her.

As Antilita reached up to fling her mighty fine pillow, she caught her roommate's eyes. "Oh ah, sorry, it's uh, been one of those days you know. You can have control over the tv if you want, they have all the channels here. Just avoid the 500 block the menus are terrible and you don't want any of the teachers to see you've ordered anything from there." Then she rolled over on the pillow instead, slightly flushed. This living with someone else thing was going to be hard. Keeping on her best behavior even in her own room sound near impossible to do.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:14 am
Site Admin

Damian’s gifts proved beneficial, for he was able to surprise the child and tackle it to the ground. The child squeaked in surprise as Damian’s arms held it in place, and immediately the trembling came to an end. Adi approached the child cautiously, his spiritual weapon still manifested and ready to strike at a moment’s notice.

“Junior St. Augustine, if you would,” he said while indicating to the wrestling mass of Damian and the kid who struggled to break free. Conjuring a wisp of light, Evelyn directed it over to Damian’s position to see with whom exactly they were dealing. They noticed a particular shimmering over the body, as if there was a hazy fog attempting to coalesce and conceal what they were seeing. It was quite apparent, however, that what Damian restrained was no child. The clothes the being wore was nothing they had seen before and made of a foreign material. It squirmed about angrily as it struggled against Damian, speaking in a foreign tongue that neither Evelyn nor Adi could recognize from the East or the West. The being’s skin was pale, as if it had lived its whole life without sunlight, and its eyes were much larger than that of any human. It was clear that this creature was not juvenile, but rather an adult of some sort.

“I think…” began Evelyn in near shock “I think this is a Fey.” Adi’s eyes narrowed at Evelyn’s identification. He had never dealt with Feykind, though from what he had always been told, they rarely interacted with humans and human society. What was this one doing in Darren City?

Suddenly, the creature opened its mouth and chomped onto Damian’s arm, causing him to release the being. Taking the opportunity, the creature bounded forward and ran out of the room. Immediately Evelyn took flight while conjuring several orbs to follow it into the hall, but it had long disappeared.

“I believe we may have encountered a gnome” stated Evelyn as she walked back into the room empty-handed. Recalling her extensive knowledge of beings and creatures, the diminutive humanoid with an ability to manipulate the earth seemed the most likely candidate. “And something tells me there must be a lot more to have caused such a significant earthquake…”

--------------------------------------------------

Karaoke took off as the girls sang their favourite songs. Fiona, a singer, was completely ecstatic that a karaoke machine had been brought along. She sang duets and joined along in choruses enthusiastically with the rest of the girls. Sangeeta, who was definitely one of the more shy members of the group participated as well. She wowed the girls as she shared some of her Bollywood moves. Even Chantelle, who had been a bit more reserved at the beginning eventually joined in the festivities. Chantelle had a hauntingly beautiful voice that caused them all to grow silent in awe as she crooned.

Needing some air, Fiona went out onto the balcony for a moment and looked down onto the courtyard below. From above, she spotted a group of high-fashion individuals walking through the courtyard. They looked like a family, but they were so beautiful, so she assumed that they were either models or celebrities. Once again, Fiona could not believe the life that she was living. She froze as one of the younger guys noticed her watching and winked slyly. She couldn’t help but blush at being spotted. She couldn’t help but realize however that it seemed like the models almost sparkled in the moonlight. The mother of the group tugged at the boy’s elbow and they went into one of the doors out of the courtyard back into the hotel. No longer transfixed Fiona raced back into the room.

“Oh. My. God!” she exclaimed “I think there are some foreign celebrities here!!! They looked Norwegian…No! Maybe Swedish?”

---------------------------------------------

Camille was listening to music with her earphones when she saw the pillow fly through the room. Looking sidelong at her quirky roommate, she mostly stared blankly at her as she spoke – not aware that Camille was still listening to music the entire time. Shrugging mentally, she supposed that this was to be expected while attending a school where most of the population were a part of the 1%. She just wished that she had been roomed with a member of that 1% who was much less…eccentric.

“Hmm…yeah…don’t worry about it” she said distractingly.

------------------------------------------

Sam, Joey, Justin and Tyrone walked into the lobby of the hotel after bonding over some pizza. They had been notified via their tablets that they would be able to get their allotted rooms by displaying their student cards at the front desk. Waiting in line they noticed a group of oddly dressed folk speaking quite loudly to the front desk manager. It was clear they were displeased, and Joey in particular could pick up on feelings of confusion, anger, impatience, and oddly enough fear. The fear was unexpected, for as far as he knew there was no imminent threat.

“Taek a gander at that lad” commented Sam with a chuckle as he pointed to a young man with dark blue hair “Lewks right mahd, he does wid ‘air like that!”

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Fighting demons and supernatural forces was par for the course and fighting one's own possessed friends was a slightly more haunting aspect of his new life in this club. Although this child was seemingly responsible for the earthquake and clearly not normal, Damian still felt some manner of uncomfortable tackling the apparent child and trying to pin them to the ground. Atleast the trembling had stopped. Squinting his eyes slightly from Evelyn's light, he looked upon the 'child' in question and felt his grip slacken for a brief second though he thankfully held onto the creature. "Oh god, you're r-really not a kid," he hissed out through the wrestling match and the creature's rambling.

He kept his gaze locked on Evelyn as he wrested grip and position with the flailing, struggling Fey as she called it. Needless to say, that word didn't come to mind from anything he'd learned. "A what? Agh!" Yanking his arm away more so out of surprise than pain, his unbitten arm was hardly enough to prevent the creature's escape. He sat up hurriedly though still inspecting his arm, caught in indecision between joining the chase and just waiting. The latter won out and he felt a bit embarrassed when Evelyn returned. He also felt dumbfounded at the creature's identity. "A gnome... Alright, I'm not going to pretend to know anything about real gnomes but, and I'm just spitballing here so shut me down if you want but it would sound like someplace underground is good for a bunch of these things to shake the land like that? Though I guess maybe it's not necessary. By the way, am I in danger with this?" He held up his bitten arm.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:54 am

Tsubaki was glad that karaoke went over well with the girls, all of them displaying some talent. Fiona, as ever was the life of the party, always jamming out regardless of who sung, but it tired her out faster than anyone else too and she had to excuse herself for some air. Tsubaki took the break to check on the room service menu. She didn't know what anyone had planned for food but didn't want anyone to forget to eat either. Her heart skipped a beat when Fiona returned excited about foreign celebrities though Tsubaki quickly realized the excitable girl didn't mean her. She did wonder what it was going to be like if Fiona ever did realize Tsubaki was famous though.

Her heart skipped another beat as she her a powerful knocking at the door.

---

It took entirely too long to realize her roommate was already lost in her own world. Antilita didn't really care much for earphones herself, though she was beginning to wish she had taken her aquantance's lead. Fine, she'd take matters into her own hands. She didn't bother saying anything to Camille this time and just got up and left. It was only a quick walk next door and somehow the noise was less extrusive out here than in her own room, nonetheless she banged on the sturdy door.

"Hey, do you mind!? People are trying to relax around here!" She called unaware her fellow archive club members were responsible.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Id quickly made her way up to the floor that housed her clubmates, dragging along a rather large duffle bag. She paused in the hallway watching the new girl's reaction to the noise. Id released an audible sigh.

"On my lord, I thought I talked to you about this. Doors are for opening." Id then reached into her pocket and proceed to unlock the door with the keycard she had stolen. She opened the door slightly before kicking wide open and walking in.
"Hello ladies. The real party is here. And don't worry, I brought enough booze for everyone."

----
Lotus took part in Karaoke and enjoyed herself more than she anticipated, although she couldn't help but chuckle at the others are when she began to sing some Death Metal.

Lotus was simply going to ignore the knock on the door and the new girl before it opened revealing Id. Lotus quickly buried her face in her hand as Id was undoubtedly here to crash the party and prevent anyone from getting slumber.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:24 pm
 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next