The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:28 pm

[ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
Pokemon Dystopia Dimension! (Part 1?) 

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
(SIGN-UPS: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42267)

Story Refresher: show
(Story loosely based off of Sword Art Online)
It's the year 2033 in Japan and new game from Game Freak has just hit the market! Pokemon Dimensions, the new Virtual Reality MMO, is flying off shelves, along with it's "console", the New and Improved, Nintendo VR Handset: Revolution. You (the characters) buy one and start playing. It's great, the type of stuff you'd expect from Pokemon. But, over the Holocaster, comes a startling message. A game-breaking glitch makes it so that if you try to log off, you will be stuck in suspended animation. FOREVER. And taking off your headset just does the same thing. With no way to get out of the game, the only option left is to go through the game and forget all of your problems... and not go insane... or log off... or die, but you'll be just fine. Maybe we can just enjoy the game, and have a grand old time!

Pokemon: Dystopia Dimensions. Part 1- Chapter 1: The Glitch
Year: 2033

Willie raced back in to his to room as soon as he got home to try out his new game.
Willie, in his room: Finally, it's here. My escape from the real world... What am I waiting for?!
Willie puts on his Nintendo VR Headset, with his new game in it.
Willie: LINK START!

Willie is suddenly transported to a menu screen
VR Tutorial Bot: Hello, and welcome to POKEMON DIMENSIONS, the biggest adventure in virtual reality history! Are you a boy or girl?
*About 3 minutes of pointless tutorial later*
VR Tutorial Bot: Please select your starter Pokemon. You can choose from any unevolved Pokemon that can evolve.
Willie: [I already know who I'm going to pick] *picks Hoenn Pokemon, then Normal-types, and finally Whsimur* [My new friend. Right at my virtual fingertips...]
VR Tutorial Bot: You have completed the introduction. Please enjoy the new world of POKEMON DIMENSIONS!

Willie is dropped into a busy plaza, with many players and shops around

*ANANO PLAZA- Music:
YouTube Video:
Willie: Anano Plaza... it's so.. cool...

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Click to expand thumbnail

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Last edited by Yoshiblaze on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Dyson once again loaded up his favorite game, which had been taking away from his senior year at school significantly. He noticed something different about the VR system this time, but when he appeared in the plaza he was happy as ever to have his Swablu drift onto his shoulder. "Hey, buddy." He said. "I think it's time we got you a friend to play with, don't you think?" He headed towards the shopping center, looking to purchase some Poke Balls.

Roul was kicked back at the plaza fountain, as comfortable as she would be in a five-star hotel. The Eevee curled up in her lap stood and shook itself, then pawed her face affectionately. She scratched it behind the ears and sat up, spying Willie with his Whismur. Standing up, the Eevee hopped out of her lap and walked next to her as she approached. "'Sup, newbie." She said. "Betcha can't take my little friend here 1-on-1."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:17 pm
YIM WWW

(Oh yeah guys little heads up, for me [] + Thoughts)

Willie hears someone behind him: *starts to sweat* [T-that was quick.] *starts sweating more and slowly turns around* Hey... y-yeah, uh, sure. Uh... [Now where's Whismur, i-it should've been by my side since the second I hit the plaza...]
Whismur: W-Whismu... (P-Person...)
Willie: [I haven't been playing for 2 seconds and I'm about to battle... This will end well] So, uh, yeah, let's b-battle. *opens a menu and sends a battle request*

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Roul was a little surprised to see a holographic menu appear before her. "Battle request received," it said. The constant upgrades and interface changes to the game usually ticked her off, but this she didn't mind. She accepted the request while her Eevee grew excited and reared up on its hind legs for a moment.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:39 pm
YIM WWW

BATTLE START! Music:
YouTube Video:

Willie: Okay, so t-t-this is my first b-battle in this game... G-Go, Whismur! *Whismur trudges forward*
Whismur: Whis.. (Hi...)
Willie: [Oh yeah, I need to check my Whismur's stats] *opens another menu, which has info on attacks, ability, and a characteristic*

Menu (PokeDex setting):
Whismur, the Whisper Pokemon.
Ability: Soundproof- Prevents all effect from sound moves, granting the user immunity from them.
Moves:
Stomp - Normal - Physical - 65 Power
Incinerate - Fire - Special - 60 Power
Howl - Normal - Status - +1 Attack
Echoed Voice - Normal - Special- 40x Power

Willie: O-Okay, those are nice stats...

(Let's stop here for a sec, and see if the others join. Don't wanna get to far ahead.)

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:07 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
"This is gonna be so AWESOME!" Ember said, as he raced back in to his to room as soon as he got home to try out his new game.
After he started the game, he was teleported into the "Main Menu" screen.
VR Tutorial Bot: Hello, and welcome to POKEMON DIMENSIONS, the biggest adventure in virtual reality history! Are you a boy or girl?
*3 minutes later*
VR Tutorial Bot: Please select your starter Pokemon. You can choose from any unevolved Pokemon that can evolve.
Ember: Eevee, please!
VR Tutorial Bot: You have completed the introduction. Please enjoy the new world of POKEMON DIMENSIONS!
"This is gonna be awesome, right Eevee?" Ember asked to his new virtual friend. "Eevee!" Eevee exclaimed in excitement.
"Alright, let's GO!" Ember exclaimed as they both were teleported to Anano Plaza. "Sweet! Hey, let's explore this place! I bet they have some good food!"
Ember said as he daydreamed about the possible food choices. Then they both set out to explore the beautiful place.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:09 pm

( Nvm Kittenpuncher, we can continue smoothly, since BlueFireBird's here. And Live Grenade was online earlier, so he will probably come too.

Carry on XD)

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:15 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Dr. Tern-Ivanov, curiously opened the game. It was impressive how one game could provide such a real experience. The possibilites of the code were fairly impressive to him. He puts on the headset, and calmly says:
"Link Start".

He was transported to a menu screen. A tutorial popped up, he ignored it. He'd played these games as a child. To him, these were unbelievably simple. The menu popped up, stating: "Choose your starter pokémon, it can be any unevolved Pokémon, except for legendaries of course ^_^"

"That would have made the game interesting" he muttered, but then he remembered the Pokémon that relied on code to evolve. Maybe this would certainly be the correct procedure to function in this game. Chuckling to himself at the puns nobody would understand but him, he picked Kanto Pokémon, then Normal Types, and then Porygon.

The Porygon moved up towards him, and they had a quick conversation in binary, because only 0001 ways to go about it. The Porygon was nicknamed "010000110111100101100010011001010111001001100100011101010110001101101011", which to a human means "Cyberduck". With his Porygon floating alongside him, his glasses with built-in code decompiling, and an array of terrible computing puns, he strode out into Anano Plaza.

"This will certainly be interesting" he said.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:34 pm

(Opens Menu>Map)
"Hey, Eevee! Look at this! They have a cafe 10 blocks from here! Wanna go there?" Ember asks his companion. "Eevee! (Sure!) " Eevee exclaims in excitement as he looks eager to go. "Hahaha! That's the spirit, Eevee! Wait a sec, shouldn't I have some food in my backpack? Hmm..." Ember says as he opens his Menu screen. (Opens Menu>Backpack) "Oh, well that's convenient." (Backpack>Lemonade>Give) Suddenly, a menu pops up. "Eevee looks thristy. Would you like to give it to Eevee to drink? Y/N?" Ember selects the "Yes" option. "Eevee says thank you and drinks it! Friendship increased by 5!" "Sweet! Well, you should be ok now right?" "Eve-Eevee! (Thank you, Ember!)" Eevee says in appreciation. "Now what should we do now?" Ember says in a thinking position and suddenly gets an idea. "Say, wanna go and battle with people? It should give you good exercise!" He asked his companion. "Eevee! (Yeah! That should give us some excitement!)" , Eevee said enthusiastically as Ember open his Menu in excitement. (Menu>Battle>Send Request) "Now we wait. I think we could go see some natural scenery, don't you?" "Eevee!(Sure I guess!)" Eevee says as he beams at Ember as they walk off to Green Valley. *30 minutes later...* They are both asleep.

Last edited by MaskedShadow on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Willie, nervously: I-I guess I'll go first, if you w-w-want to stand there. [What to do, what to do..] Whismur, use, uh, Howl!

Whismur: *uses a pathetically quiet Howl but still raises its attack by 1 stage*

Willie:[We may have work to do... You know what, I don't blame it, this is its first battle and its shy like me...] G-Good job, Whismur

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:42 pm

(ooc: you should make a gm post for dyson and the other players)

Dyson wandered the streets and came upon a Mart. He entered and purchased ten Poke Balls, then left and headed to Green Valley, wondering what sort of Pokémon he'd find there.

Roulette smirked at the Whismur's weak howl. She'd have to knock it out fast, before it's attack power rose too high. "Let me show you our bond!" She shouted. "Eevee, hit 'em with return!" The Eevee charged the whismur, hoping to impress her trainer, and used the powerful STAB move on the foe.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:57 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Dr. Tern-Ivanov was beginning to wander slowly. The function of code-decompilation in his glasses was inactive at present. Cyberduck was meanwhile hacking into his earpiece in order to communicate in a more efficient way.

Porygon: My sheer computer power has managed to break into your earpiece system and directly translate to you.

Tern-Ivanov: Interesting. You seem to be a living processor. What is your clock speed?

Porygon: Over 2 THz.

Tern-Ivanov: Interesting...

2 THz, he thought to himself. That's impressive for a computer program.

For a computer program...

He had a thought. He concealed it. He turned to Cyberduck and said "I'm a little hungry, care for a few bytes?"

Cyberduck looked puzzled. It said "I'll take them in packets." Dr. Tern-Ivanov smiled. This duck is certainly going to make things interesting, he thought to himself. He adjusted his fedora, and continued to the Pokémart.

After buying a few essentials, and getting a few bytes to eat, he checked the pokédex for Cyberduck's stats.

Porygon, the Virtual Pokémon.
Ability: Trace - Copies the opponents ability upon to itself.
Moves:
Tri Attack - Special: Power 80
Nasty Plot - Status: +2 Special Attack.
Psychic - Special: Power 90
Recover - Status: +50% HP recovered.

Tern-Ivanov: "This seems it could be quite the powerhouse. I should be careful to make sure I don't abuse it". He plugged his unhacked earpiece into his ear and started playing "Life on Mars" by David Bowie. The songs from almost 70 years ago were playing in his ear and he was enjoying it.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Whismur gets hit by the powerful Return and loses most of its HP

Willie: [Shoot, that Eevee's strong...] W-Whismur, Stomp!

Whismur runs up to Eevee, jumps and lands on its head, a little soft, but still damaging.

Willie: [With the attack boost, that hopefully did a nice chunk]

Whismur: W-Whis! (Y-Yay!)

Willie: [Happy it got a hit in.. I'm going to have fun with Whismur by my side *inner chuckle*] N-nice job, W-whismur!

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:30 pm

As Ember and Eevee woke up, they noticed it was sun down. "Uh...I think we over slept.... :sweat: " he said in embarrassment. "Eevee. (Bruh.) :no:" Eevee said in embarassment as well. "Well, I guess we could head back to the Plaza. I think I saw a hotel there? Maybe we could-WHOA!!"As Ember exclaimed in sudden surprise as a Charizard crashed down in front of them but it seemed hurt and Ember and Eevee both expressed concern and sympathy for the Pokemon. "Eevee, I think we should help it out, it doesn't look good...I think we should get it to the Pokemon Center back in the Plaza." Ember said to Eevee as he nodded in agreement. "New Objective: Find The Pokemon Center and Save Charizard!" An objective arrow pops up to show them where they need to go. "Okay, as long as we follow the trail, we should be fine..." Ember thinks as they both head back to the Plaza to save the injured Pokemon.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 pm

((AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH))

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:32 pm
 [ 395 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next