The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:40 pm

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Help Us Hunt Desyncs! 

What characters were used: For the first and second match, i used :sheik: and the other player used :kirby:
and for the third match, where the desync happened i used :captainfalcon: and the other player used :donkeykong: in black costume.

What stage was used: I'm gonna put them in order: Battlefield, Final Destination, Battlefield

If you played multiple matches in one lobby or if someone quit your lobby and someone else joined or anything weird like that: Yes i played 3 matches. the desync happened on the third one which automacily disconnected me because of the failsafe or something weird like that, but nobody quited or joined after the first match.

If items were on or hazards were on: No items, but i'm not sure about hazards because i don't know what hazards Battlefield and Final Destination have but they have no hazards right? well then nope. no hazards

Anything else notable you think we should know: We used 2 stocks and no time limit for all of the 3 matches. P1 won the first one, and i won the other 2 matches.
Also, i tried going off SSF2 by clicking on the forums page, and the game din't freeze, but nothing was cycling, not even the timer itself or anyone. maybe that's why someone thought i was somewhere where i wasn't and pretty much attacked in the wrong places! if this is the case, then i must have found the source of it! who am i kidding that's not the only problem but still. too lazy to try it.

Edit: Now i desynced even more
First player was Zelda, i was Sheik
Waiting Room
it was 3 stocks, probably no timer
idk about items but it was a competitive stage so don't think so but it desynced at 3 with a target test which was not displaying a number for targets remaining.
now i tried with Fox vs a Tails on Yoshi's Story on 3 stocks too and it failed. Online mode now fails to work for me now.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 am

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
1st match, 1st lobby
Battlefield
Mario (me) vs Link
3 stocks, no time limit no hazards no items

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Characters used: :chibirobo: (me) and :kirby: (opponent)
Stage played: dream land
Multiple matches in 1 lobby/someone quit your lobby and someone else joined/anything weird like that: joined the lobby and played 1 match in which the desync happened.
Items/Hazards: Hazards on, items off

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:54 pm
YIM WWW

What characters were used: Fox :fox: (me) vs. Fox :fox:
What stage was used: Battlefield/Final Destination
If you played multiple matches in one lobby or if someone quit your lobby and someone else joined or anything weird like that: I had desync'd 2 times previously
If items were on or hazards were on: no
Anything else notable you think we should know: sometimes it leads to crashes and others it just kicks me to character select

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Stage- Smashville

No items no hazards 4 stocks

p1 Megaman p2 Goku

Desynced from the start

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:49 pm

3 stock casuals, Smashville p1 :captainfalcon: p2 :kirby: seemed to desync after first KO

Tue May 15, 2018 12:58 am

What characters were usedMario(me) vs Luffy
What stage was usedBattle field
If you played multiple matches in one lobby or if someone quit your lobby and someone else joined or anything weird like thatNone
If items were on or hazards were onNo
Anything else notable you think we should knowno

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:56 pm

MGN Username: Dj_Hyperfresh
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2
Waifu: Kirby
What characters were used: Donkey Kong(me), Lloyd
What stage was used: Waiting Room
Multiple matches in 1 lobby/someone quit your lobby and someone else joined/anything weird like that: No, my first time online in SSF2 since v.09b
If items were on or hazards were on: both, but no items or stage hazards appeared
Anything else notable you think we should know: The player started acting weird, SDing, crouching randomly near edges, and doing attacks way off from where i was. Sometimes they would stand idle until near the edge of the stage and then kill themselves.

bear lol#9526
these archives kinda gay
:bandanadee:

Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:38 am

What characters were used: Pichu, Pikachu

What stage was used: Tower of Salvation.

If you played multiple matches in one lobby or if someone quit your lobby and someone else joined or anything weird like that: Only one match beforehand.

If items were on or hazards were on: Neither were on.

Anything else notable you think we should know: N/A.

Anything I do is because of boredom.

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 pm

MGN Username: Dj_Hyperfresh
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2
Waifu: Kirby
What characters were used: :sora: (me) :tails:
What stage was used: Battlefield
If you played multiple matches in one lobby/someone quit your lobby and someone else joined/anything weird like that: This was after a series of matches with the same person
If items were on or hazards were on: Both were on but there were no stage hazards
Anything else notable you think we should know: the game had ended with :tails: having 1 stock left.

bear lol#9526
these archives kinda gay
:bandanadee:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:02 am

MGN Username: f3rr0
What characters were used: :chibirobo: + :luffy: + :kirby: + :lloyd:
What stage was used: Battlefield & Hylian_Skies
If you played multiple matches in one lobby or if someone quit your lobby and someone else joined or anything weird like that: battlefield first match in lobby. Hylian_Skies was second. No new players.
If items were on or hazards were on: No
Anything else notable you think we should know: I have a feeling it might be due to chibi robo. It's difficult to test on maps that aren't on a platform where players can fall off. 3 players were on browser and 1 was on windows executable. Assume p2p over LAN

Questions: What are the most common scenarios for desyncs to occur?

F3RR0 :yoshi:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:15 am

MGN Username: DelphoxGuy
Currently Playing: Pokémon Reloaded
Waifu: Dr Phil
In response to all the questions

What characters were used: Basically it desync with every character i use, but if you want something more accurate, :sonic: , :blackmage: , :bandanadee: and :gameandwatch: also, the p2 was using :marth:
What stage was used: FINAL DESTINATION
If you played multiple matches in one lobby or if someone quit your lobby and someone else joined or anything weird like that: Yes
If items were on or hazards were on: Idk, i usually didn't create the lobbys
Anything else notable you think we should know: Well, i'm playing in Venezuela, basically the worst WIFI from Latam (even Bolivia have a better wifi i think)

Hope: Dedede, K Rool, Inklings, Shovel Knight, Ike, Robin, Shantae, Geno, Knuckles, Shadow, Metal Sonic
That will never happen but meh: Jotaro

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 pm

thought about it for a while, now i know for certain. Changing between :sheik: / :zelda: causes desync on many connections and/or maps/matchups.

Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:39 am

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but anytime I play at Whispy Woods with hazards off, there's a desync as soon as he starts blowing (game won't recognize it immediately, but Im99% positive that's the cause)

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:03 pm
 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5