The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:19 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
“What I see.”, repeated the freshman, incredulously.
“What I see?” Louder.
“What I see, invisible man, makes me want to hurl!”, he yelled, swatting at the smoke with the tip of his rapier. “And if your face is as disgusting as this room, I understand why you’re hiding. Show yourself!”

No apparition was forthcoming, so August continued.
“Ok, fine. Have it your way. But listen here, punk. I don’t ‘unite’ with anyone. You think I’m stupid? I know how these deals with devils work. Because that’s what you are, right? Some monster out to eat my soul?”
The youth scoffed. “You’re just like Miss Rachel, you know that? Or Lady Dawn, whatever. You both tell me I have these amazing, unbelievable powers. I think you’re right. But you want to control me. You both do. Use my power for yourselves, is that it? Not happening.”

August smiled, hoping this last taunt would draw out the owner of the voice.
“And besides. What can you offer that I don’t already have?”

((In this post: August begins sentences with prepositions.))

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
His method seemed to have worked, he thought to himself. As the man collapsed and exhaling black smoke, he grabbed his spray and quickly doused it as best he could before he heard junior Douglas call out to him. The junior had for the moment held the possessed in a lock.

"Right here, Adi!" He shouted.

Adi didn't need to the extra encouragement and landed a blow to the diaphragm and finally a temple strike with the pommel of his weapon. Both blows were strong and he had no doubt the unlucky recipient would feel it later.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 am
Site Moderator

Maximilian quickly raised his sword to strike at the creature before looking back to check on Li. "You have incoming, hurry it up." he stated before opening himself into a wide stance to avoid being toppled over by the charging puppet.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:40 pm
Site Admin

The holy water had a profound effect on the black smoke as soon as they touched. The smoke managed to combust in a crimson and violet flame before settling into ashes as the demon from the floor before had.

The other demon who was being restrained by Logan screamed, but it was cut short as Adi struck the possessed man's temple and diaphragm. The man slumped over and exhaled deeply, the familiar black smoke streaming out from the man's mouth, as he fell unconscious.

The last possessed person seemed to be able to sense that its brethren were in distress and he paused momentarily, looking back at the group, but also his target Li, and Maximilian who stood in his way. He flipped backwards away from the boy with the sword, the avoided the group who had incapacitated the other individual, and with his back arched he climbed up the wall like an insect making his way towards Li from the ceiling where he would drop down from above.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Phora landed in a heap after being thrown against the wall. Standing up she rubbed her neck and glared at the man in white. "Alice!" she said angrily. "I don't wanna fight him! He's a cheater!"

Meanwhile the totem user carefully observed the battlefield. Everyone was doing much better than expected, foiling every attack and countering to great effect. However, one enemy managed to slip away and was heading straight for Li.
"See that one on the ceiling?" She said. "Take him out instead."

The pixie seemed displeased with the idea of flying after what just happened. "If this one can make force-fields too, I'm quitting." Despite her complaining, she loyally took off in a hurry towards the possessed body. As soon as the target was within range she clawed and bit at his face like a wild animal.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:17 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: The Game
Spraying the smoke quickly, he noticed that he was almost out, at best another use was left. That was fine with him if the last possessed man was truly the only thing left for him to fight. Otherwise he'd have to hope junior Douglas had some left as well. Nodding at Douglas, Adi turned his attention back to the last remaining possessed as it clambered up a wall. He was glad his power allowed his weapon to be versatile as he reformed the blade, making it in to a full hook curve and changing the sharpness of the edges to be blunt on the inside of the hook but still allowing it to stab and bite in to flesh. He probably wouldn't get there in time if junior Veres didn't act now.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:25 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Li's eyes slowly opened as he got up, but he was not himself. The flow traveled through his body like blood, causing him to be more 'spacey' than usual. His hands were glowing with a with a light green glow that was much more intense than before. The glow followed up his arms all the way to his shoulders, slowly fading as they got higher up his body. Li could sense that the other two spirits had been taken care of, but the third was still around. Taking a quick scan of the area, Li didn't see the enemy at first, but after taking a quick look up, he had found his opponent. Taking a quick step back, Li got into stance ready to counterattack.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:53 am
Site Admin

Phora's attack on the possessed man was successful and he fell to the ground with a sickening crack but despite the fall the man creepily lifted himself off the ground as if pulled by strings. He snapped his neck sharply in the direction of Li who was glowing full of purifying energy, however rather than run towards the boy, the possessed man ran towards Maximilian with his hands seemingly glowing in what appeared to be black fire.

"Very well" replied the voice to August "Let it be known however that today a seed has been planted. I may not be powerful enough to sway you, but we will keep in contact."

The smoke that was exhaled became lifeless ash in the similar manner as the other smoke that had tried to escape from the earlier body once it was hit with holy water.

A symbol on the ground began to light up brilliantly underneath the seven foot tall man dressed in white and he lowered his hands from the previous position. All of a sudden large white wings extended from the back of the man and a faint gentle singing could be heard. However underneath the main angelic voices remained a subtle twisted undertone.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Waifu: I'm married
The possessed man was extremely durable, surviving both being clawed in the face and a fairly long fall. Unfortunately Phora's childish attention span prevented her from finishing him off.
"Is that an angel?" She asked pointing at the winged man. "I thought he was a subuccus from the look on your face."

"... 'Succubus'." Alice corrected. "Anyway I think it's an angel. A fallen angel, to be exact. I apologise for my familiar's incompetence, everyone. Li, Adi, or anyone really, please settle things with that last demon. We have much bigger problems now."

Bigger problems was an understatement - those small fry were nothing compared to a fallen angel.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Carter looked at the Angel and said, "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Carter chuckled pulling out his daggers and twirled them playful, "Oh, well if it did, this is going to be MUCH worse..." Carter taunted, getting into a battle position.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
The possessed man made a dash towards Maximilian who was ready to take a hit. The man's dark flaming hands concerned Li very much, so he quickly moved to block the oncoming attack. With the flow taking control over his body, Li could rush forward much faster than he normally could, making it easy for him to get into position. When in place, Li quickly got into a defensive stance, ready to counterattack and remove the evil spirit for good.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 am
Site Admin

The possessed man did not see Li's approach until it had already struck out at the boy who brimmed with spiritual energy. Immediately it's eyes widened once it made contact and the demon seemed to be forcibly repelled and thrown against the wall. It staggered to get up, though its body began to convulse and it began to scream facing upwards as a black stream of smoke shot out from the mouth of the man and exploded in a burst of crimson fire before floating down as a cloud of ash onto the formerly possessed person who collapsed onto the ground.

The angel remained passive, it's expression not changed since they're arrival and the only reason for them to believe that it wasn't a statue of sorts were its brilliant white wings that flexed greatly as a gentle breeze blew throughout. The subtle music's volume began to rise, an audible trumpet blowing could be heard followed by what felt like a train approaching the room as the walls and the floor and the roof of the room began to tremble violently. A growing sense of danger replaced the one of peace and tranquility, and the air felt charged as if lightning were about to strike the entirety of the building. Oddly, despite the demons having been slain, Miss Rachel remained plastered to the wall.

"The room!" exclaimed Evelyn "We still have to purify the room!"

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 pm

With the small cloud of demons destroyed, any immediate danger had subsided. Logan paused to catch his breath. Now all they had left to deal with was the angel. He raised his weapons in preparation for the next attack, but was interrupted by a shout.
"The room! We still have to purify the room!" Evelyn again.
"Ye keep sayin' that, but how do we do it?" He asked.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan took a look around. All the demons were gone, but Miss Rachel was still stuck against the wall. Everyone else seemed to be preparing to face the angel that hadn't moved much during the fight. All of a sudden the atmosphere turned violent, certainly not how it was when they first came in. Johnathan took one last look at Rachel. She would be fine, especially since the demons were gone. Drawing out his billhooks, he joins the rest of the group.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 am
Site Moderator

Maximilian seemed lost in the commotion that followed the demon's destruction but he did his best to remain calm. Hearing Logan's questioning of Evelyn's proposed action seemed to snap the boy away from his 'stupor'

"He's got a point, we don't exactly know what needs to be done as far as sanctifying this place goes."

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 98  Next