The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:39 pm

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Fondest memories to be immortalized forever 

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Since this whole forum will be an archived artifact of the internet, why not take a trip down memory lane? List some of your favorite MG Forum memories ITT.

My fondest memories are quite obviously the memories of constantly lurking through and eventually incessantly posting in the several screenshots threads. Truly a monumental part of my childhood that really set the basis for a large part of my social growth. So many laughs we shared at all the funny shots and witty captions/commentary. So many cool hard-to-take screenshots tossed around too, even with a hall of fame for it.

And the screenstories. So many quirky screenstories with quirky characters (definitely porting those over to discord too, format change be damned). From the Hidden Blow Bandits and their shenanigans with the Smash Police, recreations of different skits and songs, Cole's wrestling-based narrative story and SpeedChamp's full-on epic serious plots that wouldn't be out of place in a classic JRPG or Shonen Anime.

Even the occasional fights and conflicts we had over "quality of humor" and other tomfoolery is something I can chuckle about as another good memory. Ha, I remember when we had to make a whole seperate Screenshot Story thread, and yet some weirdos went over there to keep complaining about it. And some of us reacted about how you'd expect. Good times, all in all.

My thanks to all you fellow screenshooters and spectators alike. I would also like to thank the wonderful devs who made this awesome little flash game that revealed to me the world of Smash, also thanks for including a screenshot feature too. Finally, thanks to Cleod9 and the others who made this very forum and included a Screenshots thread in it for me to dive into. You all helped an eager 13 year old kid grow into a very happy 20 year old dude who can look back on these times and smile. :tails:

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm
Site Moderator

legendary people:

pochiman, a random 12 year old ESL kid from argentina who came in here posting absolute nonsense and put the same naruto gif in every post (not even as an embed or a link but as an attachment). he not only learned how to post, but became a good poster so insanely fast, like, within a few months, was super active in our skype group chat, then disappeared off the face of the earth. we hope he still exists.

the guy who made 100 posts about his antinatalist nihilist philosophy and how much he liked nine inch nails and became one of the few people to actually get bullied off the forums

the guy who made a different alt every year to post his idea for a new smash bros fangame

the guy who wrote the ssf2 fanfic with depictions of violence against women

superkid (somehow completely forgot about him before this)

that one like homophobic homeschooled kid or whatever he was, quoted in my sig (i hope he has changed his ways)

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:15 pm

Waifu: I'm married
That time when we were all victims of kyuubits genocide fetish shilling for like three or four years
Before we learned to lie and say it was an "ntr" or "cuck" fetish instead of calling it a genocide fetish like it really is
And that time all the people secretly watching to see our incredible s*** built a house of cards to try and hide that and thus the whole world sank into depraved two-faced fascismility
Also that time I got that dm from Kiki and deleted it without responding, and those years I watched you all try to build a second house of cards to hide how that went into your genocide fetishist "strategy"

And most importantly my adorable pixie oc in the rp section

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:18 am
YIM WWW

Wow I can't possibly understand why nobody ever wants to talk to you. Complete mystery

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
esper wrote:
legendary people:

pochiman, a random 12 year old ESL kid from argentina who came in here posting absolute nonsense and put the same naruto gif in every post (not even as an embed or a link but as an attachment). he not only learned how to post, but became a good poster so insanely fast, like, within a few months, was super active in our skype group chat, then disappeared off the face of the earth. we hope he still exists

his transition from posting incomprehensible ssf2 mess to becoming one of the greatest ironylords in internet history is one of my favorite things ever

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:11 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
esper wrote:
the guy who wrote the ssf2 fanfic with depictions of violence against women

f*** lol i forgot about this

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
god, Pochiman was absolutely legendary honestly

also that one guy on the SSF2 section back in 0.8b that had all these 200 paragraph long rants about l a g when the issue was with his computer instead of the game itself lmao

Also that one guy fixated with Lucario who said "Human Beings Are A Problem But I Can Fix That..." and proceed to post some fan art of a lucario

also hentai week pfps, that was fun

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:38 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Remember the surge of brazillians?? Jitter and his army of alts were very funny

AMA

Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:24 pm

I will never f*** forget jitter saying
"Im working hard to be a sprinter)
and somebody replied with "running is great"

i don't know but my sides just die from that lmao

Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:34 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Sonic the Hedgehog 5 wrote:
Wow I can't possibly understand why nobody ever wants to talk to you. Complete mystery

Case in point

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:08 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Kirb-Star wrote:
Also that one guy fixated with Lucario who said "Human Beings Are A Problem But I Can Fix That..." and proceed to post some fan art of a lucario
YouTube Video:

There's a lot of good in this but your post reminded me of the last one in particular

Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:26 pm

YESSS i actually watched this yesterday to remember some posts but the Lucario one always stuck out to me lol
Probably my favorite year of Post of the Year

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:23 am
Site Moderator

Kirb-Star wrote:
also hentai week pfps, that was fun

hentai week was f*** embarrassing and being a teenager is stupid. Anime avatars are still church though we gotta take em back from losers who wear hentai shirts to cons.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
hentai week was fine and those hentai shirts are hilarious

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:57 am

Term wrote:
hentai week was fine and those hentai shirts are hilarious

this is your worst post

Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:31 am
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next