The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:36 pm

[ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
Mini Mafia V: Star-Crossed (And He Lived Happily Ever After) 
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Dr.Geno wrote:
DJ's never been amazing at mafia

Heyhey hey hey hey: show
Go read 12, or Special, or 3 or 6 or something. Or maybe look at my set ups.
Maybe I've never posted walls of text or single handedly lynched a mafioso but I can win at this silly game.
Tricking a townie into thinking they were a traitor? Identifying 3 of the 4 scum on Day 1? Saving my team mate from an almost certain lynch? Getting two members of an opposing faction to claim?
Please look at a game where I wasn't trying out new strategies before being so mean. :c

Um. Going to abandon this thing that no one likes and start playing seriously now. Reads in a bit.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:47 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Ramsey, he's also used the "haha got me I MEANT to have that contridiction in there" tactic. Im fairly sure of my read on him, with Blood still being my second choice. Taking a risk by going after a largely inactive player is, well, risky. We have a pretty safe lynch today, and we should take it. We realy need to kill at least one of the scum to take their night kill from them.

He isn't inactive though. It's like he's choosing to be, and using his words to make it seem as if he isn't laying low.

He constantly updates the other mafia but doesn't post here. he had a "large post incoming" but never posted it... I'm fairly certain of my read on him.

Killing a scum doesn't take the night kill from them, it makes it easier for them to night kill. Right now they have to be in sync to night kill, but if you remove one from the equation they get to choose the night kill on their own. At least that's what I understand from reading the OP. Even still though we need to catch a mafia.

I have no scumread on blood whatsoever. He's just been semi-inactive and made the mistake of not-so quickhammering. It's been done in the past, and by townies alike including myself. I'm fairly certain he isn't mafia. I'm fairly certain you aren't mafia either due to reasons stated previously. if we lynch DJ now it'll be the same mistake as when we lynched terra. You had a pretty surefire read on terra and look where it got us. I'm positive DJ isn't scum and we're just repeating ourselves here re: paving a gold road for the scum to win. We should not be doing that under any circumstance.

@DJ haha alright I guess I don't give you enough credit, but you can't blame someone for going off your more recent plays.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:54 pm
Site Admin

Reads aren't going to do much at this point, we need to take some kind of action.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Dr.Geno wrote:
I'm getting a little sick of this townie mindset crap. WELL IF I SUBMIT TO BEING LYNCHED AND KILL MYSELF THEN I'LL SHOW YOU HAHA GOTCHA. That's not going to cut it. As a townie, you need to die fighting for the town. At this point, due to DJ's actions I'm fairly convinced that he's town. If it weren't for the closing "giving up" statement, the whole time he's just been scumhunting. DJ's never been amazing at mafia, his reads tend to be shaky and dramatic, and that's what's happening here. He targeted TOWK for his very upfront but still town like play, and now he's about to be hammered for it. Yes he had a strange strategy but he always does when playing town. Always. And say he is scum, we can just save him for later. Since this is a romeo and juliet game with no factual communication, getting rid of the obvious scum would be disadvantageous, since the other partner could just lay low.

If the town wants to be successful in this game we need to explore other venues while we still can. If we waste too many days like this it will soon be over.

I get a huge scumread from brik. much larger than I get from any other player. I'm willing to bet on a Brik/Arthur or Brik/Nixter team right now. But i just really feel that it's brik. He's been laying low the entire time, gave poor overcomplicated reasoning for the Terra lynch, and has been avoiding day 2 altogether. If we should be bandwagoning anybody, it should be him. On the off chance that I'm wrong tomorrow then we can target the easy bait. Trust me on this one.

What exactly makes me a potential scum buddy with Brik?
I understand Brik because he seems to be cherry picking and he's not being active since he has no reason to be because we're killing our own town but I don't see where I would fit into this partnership.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Lucina wrote:
- If a Goon dies, the next Night is skipped.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:59 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Dr.Geno wrote:
Reads aren't going to do much at this point, we need to take some kind of action.

Dude, it's almost nightless. Mafia have a one in 14 chance of killing. We can go to a deadline without taking many chances.

I'd like to report myself and Dr. Geno for outside communication.

[7:33:42 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: go read mafia topic go
[7:33:58 PM] DJ Wizard Cop: Buzy
[7:34:09 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: no we dont have any time gogogo
[7:49:26 PM] DJ Wizard Cop: Hmph.
[7:58:00 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: "
Going to re-read the entire game. New reads will probably be significantly different."
[7:58:08 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: um no focus on star crossed firt
[7:58:10 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: first
[7:58:20 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: ssbmafia isn't under deadline right now
[7:58:36 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: well you are but it's like 11 days
[7:58:40 PM] Ramsey Muthena Kaid: we have less than a day

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:00 pm

what the f*** geno

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:01 pm
Site Admin

Nixter wrote:
What exactly makes me a potential scum buddy with Brik?
I understand Brik because he seems to be cherry picking and he's not being active since he has no reason to be because we're killing our own town but I don't see where I would fit into this partnership.
It's mostly a shot in the dark. I don't have any definitive evidence, other than your semi-inactivity being a good way to play the juliet role. Don't take it too seriously, I'm just thinking out loud.

@Mod
yes the night is skipped, but the next night they are free to kill.

@DJ
If you look at it empirically, those for sure would be the numbers. But mafia with more than one half of a brain cell would choose wisely. In this case the person targetted would be someone with a louder voice, who's trying to move the game along and looks town. They'll leave the people who could pass for looking scum like. The people being targetted will probably be like, towk or myself. Idk, just trying to think ten steps ahead.

@Nixter
What? Telling him to focus on this game since it has a more apparent deadline is bad? Please.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:04 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
So there is this thing called essays...

I am working on a big post, but every time someone else posts it changes my opinion on the game.

I would like to request a deadline extension.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:05 pm
Site Admin

I'm going to be going to work now, so i won't be replying for a few hours.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:06 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I'll do something on Blood later, am actually at work being a lazy s***.
Guess I should chime in Requesting deadline extension.

AMA

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Guys, not even the mafia team can communicate with each other in this game.
I'd like this to be the last I hear of outside communication.

And if enough people request it, I will extend the deadline 1 day.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Dr.Geno wrote:
@Nixter
What? Telling him to focus on this game since it has a more apparent deadline is bad? Please.

I dunno I thought any type of outside communication is accountable

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:47 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
I would like to request an extension, too.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:48 am

Okay, the deadline has been extended to the same time tomorrow.

I expect you to take this extension seriously since I won't extend it again.
I'm worried that major extensions will lead to inactivity and I hate that.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 pm
 [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next