The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:08 pm

[ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Ness 

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Does anyone know if they can get hit by PKT twice in mid air?

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:59 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
WRXJoey wrote:
Does anyone know if they can get hit by PKT twice in mid air?

If you PKT yourself to recover, you can only hit yourself once, then freefall.
You can also PKT and press B again to release that one so that you may spawn another to recover.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:27 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
If aimed correctly, yes, you can shield cancel a PK thunder, hit yourself with a different PK Thunder, and then get hit by the shield cancelled one. It's basically impossible, but yeah, if you managed to time/aim it, it would work.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:06 pm

MGN Username: DJSKRELP
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
[TSON] wrote:
If aimed correctly, yes, you can shield cancel a PK thunder, hit yourself with a different PK Thunder, and then get hit by the shield cancelled one. It's basically impossible, but yeah, if you managed to time/aim it, it would work.

Why would it be useful?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:10 pm
Site Admin

Not sure what the most efficent way to do so is, so I can't say for sure, but hypothetically it would let you boost twice when you're recovering, maybe at a right angle or something under the right conditions, or maybe just boost forward twice for extra recovery length. Could also be used to catch foes that are slipping up with a second boost since it's such a potent KO move.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:22 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
I think it could benefit Ness to have his regular dash attack back, and by that I mean the three spark hits similar to his fair. It gives him way more reach and since it pop ups enemies it could be followed by most aerial attacks (I think he could link it with his bair in one game but not sure).

Overall I think it would be a better option for his play, coz I haven't found any really good use for his current dash attack; if someone has please enlighten me!

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:53 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Sachamel wrote:
I think it could benefit Ness to have his regular dash attack back, and by that I mean the three spark hits similar to his fair. It gives him way more reach and since it pop ups enemies it could be followed by most aerial attacks (I think he could link it with his bair in one game but not sure).

Overall I think it would be a better option for his play, coz I haven't found any really good use for his current dash attack; if someone has please enlighten me!

Dis.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:33 pm

PK Flash is a useless move right now. It needs t have a faster startup, faster detonatiin, and faster movement speed. It would make sense to make it weaker and smaller in exchange, but if a character has airstalls, or custom recoveries, this move is completely useless. Its not even trancendant for some reason.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:35 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
Ed415 wrote:
PK Flash is a useless move right now. It needs t have a faster startup, faster detonatiin, and faster movement speed. It would make sense to make it weaker and smaller in exchange, but if a character has airstalls, or custom recoveries, this move is completely useless. Its not even trancendant for some reason.

It may be really hard to hit, but with predictable recoveries or when the opponent is trying to get back to the stage while helpless it can be devastating; consider the hitbox it's massive when fully charged and will hit 'em when hanging on the ledge. You can also try to force them to take higher recoveries which are obviosuly easier to punish (tho Ness takes a lot of time to finish the attack). Also it's sooo satisfying to land haha.

I'd say make just the hitbox linger a lil longer and it'll be fine (not really necessary either), not every move has to be exceptionally useful.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:55 pm

MGN Username: DJSKRELP
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Ed415 wrote:

I disagree. Several skilled Ness players such as Crazzy and W.Joey are good at predicting recoveries. It is fine, and is very useful from my experiences fighting Ness players once they hone it.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:12 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Ed415 wrote:

It's more of an edge guarding tool now, trust me.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Currently Playing: Whatever game I get to download, M.U.G.E.N and Super Smash Flash 2.
PK Flash has certainly gotten better when compared to 9a, there, it was slow and felt heavy to control. It was pretty much useless. Now it's fast, explodes faster, and, yeah, it's definetly good for edgeguarding.

And... Seems that it's possible to power shield it? In one ocation I used the move, I ended up taking damage and knockback from it's explosion. Then while flying away I noticed that one of the CPU's was shielding the moment it exploded. It pretty much surprised me.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:26 pm

I Think Ness's Final Smash last way too long like seriously :roll:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:32 pm
Site Admin

An E and two 8 wrote:
And... Seems that it's possible to power shield it? In one ocation I used the move, I ended up taking damage and knockback from it's explosion. Then while flying away I noticed that one of the CPU's was shielding the moment it exploded. It pretty much surprised me.

yeah you can do that with bomberman's bombs too

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:15 am

not sure if this also happens in v0.9b, but in last version, fox's reflector would ALSO counter PK flash. it was hilarious.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 am
 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next