The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 pm

[ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next
Sora 

MGN Username: Johnstir
Currently Playing: Super smash flash 2, Team Fortress 2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
He's a combo monster, but I often find opponents living after 150% because he has no good kill moves or gimps, so he really requires that you use his combo potential to the fullest to be effective. He's really fun to play because you're always comboing and gaining hits, and it only gets a little frustrating to not FINISH HIM!

If that's so, then I guess I could make use of a few example combos...

Click to expand thumbnail RANDOM SCOUT PIC

Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:09 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
First of all, Sora has a dthrow chaingrab on some characters. After that runs out, you can combo dthrow into dash attack, up tilt, or another launcher. You could also uthrow. Then, you can juggle with uair. Uair can combo into nair and fair as well. You have to fastfall back down to the ground and jump back up to continue combos and juggles, so at that point it becomes much more about DI and things like that. One thing to note is that sometimes you can combo from nair or uair into flowmotion, which is really really good. You can also finish combos with uspec -> fair or nair or the like.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:57 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Have I mentioned his aggresive game is win?

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:22 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Once you get it started, sure. But I've found that Sora has no real approach options. Doesn't have any good short hop moves. Strike Raid and Flowmotion generally get laughed at. Dash attack isn't great. Most Sora players play super defensive and space you for the aforementioned moves and Thundaga whenever you're an inch off the ground, and I don't think any of those moves are good.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:16 pm

MGN Username: Mr Tunra_23
Currently Playing: SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, Project M, SSF2, MK9, Pokemon Showdown
sparty88 wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Once you get it started, sure. But I've found that Sora has no real approach options. Doesn't have any good short hop moves. Strike Raid and Flowmotion generally get laughed at. Dash attack isn't great. Most Sora players play super defensive and space you for the aforementioned moves and Thundaga whenever you're an inch off the ground, and I don't think any of those moves are good.

Yup sora isn't really all that great this version... His Killing potential is piss poor.... The only kill moves being back air and forward smash, His pseudo wavedash has a huge startup making it worthless, His recovery is garbage, and his grab range is really short. His pro's however is the fact that his down throw is one of the best chain grabs in the entire game, Fast attacks that can lead into various combos, and thunder is really good for edgeguard.Most people say that flowmotion is op but after playing this version abit more I found out that you can attack him out of it(if you get the timing right).

SSB64 Main:Image

SSBM Main:Image

SSBB Main:Image

Project M Main:Image

SSF2 Main: Image

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:10 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
you missed his best kill move, usmash!

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:46 am

MGN Username: Mr Tunra_23
Currently Playing: SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, Project M, SSF2, MK9, Pokemon Showdown
Oh yeah up smash... I completely forgot about that.

Edit: even though it kills above 100% which is still pretty bad compared to most characters.

SSB64 Main:Image

SSBM Main:Image

SSBB Main:Image

Project M Main:Image

SSF2 Main: Image

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 pm
BR Member

Usmash has insane vertical range, a disjoint, hits in front of him, and can intercept basically any move coming down. It's a great kill move if you keep it fresh. However, the fact that it is is only good kill move keeps his kill game linear.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Lol, Sora vs Fox is too funny. You can Thunder his butt all day.

Especially when he's recovering.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:59 pm
BR Member

Is the Sora mid-percent chaingrab on heavies and fastfallers that I do on CPU's legit this demo, or was that completely removed?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:53 pm

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but with the addition of Flowmotion, Sora is now capable of wavedashing. Just short hop, then flow motion immediately and angle it downwards. Sora should hit the ground, then slide forward. Theoretically, this would lead into other moves and potentially a combo, but since Flowmotion has significant startup, I'm not sure whether it's practical for high-level play.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:45 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
PerfectPractice wrote:
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but with the addition of Flowmotion, Sora is now capable of wavedashing. Just short hop, then flow motion immediately and angle it downwards. Sora should hit the ground, then slide forward. Theoretically, this would lead into other moves and potentially a combo, but since Flowmotion has significant startup, I'm not sure whether it's practical for high-level play.

Meh, most moves with wavedash physics in this game have some form of startup anyways. That could be a mixup actually, in order to avoid the flowmotion they need to block or get out of the way, and if they shield just angle down->land->grab them in shield. If they don't shield (expecting the landing) just don't land and keep flowmotion going and it will hit.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 pm
BR Member

Wavelanding mixups seem unnecessary, from what I've seen flowmotion is pretty good on shield. The only viable wavelands that I've seen are Ichigo's fair and Tail's spinny thing. Sora's seems pretty useless except in niche cases as a cancel.

Is dash attack safe on shield if spaced?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:18 am

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Wavelanding mixups seem unnecessary, from what I've seen flowmotion is pretty good on shield. The only viable wavelands that I've seen are Ichigo's fair and Tail's spinny thing. Sora's seems pretty useless except in niche cases as a cancel.

Is dash attack safe on shield if spaced?

As long as the characters grab rang is short (which it probably will be most of the time), you're safe.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros 3DS, SSF2, Xenoblade Chronicles
SirTundra_23 wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

Yup sora isn't really all that great this version... His Killing potential is piss poor.... The only kill moves being back air and forward smash, His pseudo wavedash has a huge startup making it worthless, His recovery is garbage, and his grab range is really short. His pro's however is the fact that his down throw is one of the best chain grabs in the entire game, Fast attacks that can lead into various combos, and thunder is really good for edgeguard.Most people say that flowmotion is op but after playing this version abit more I found out that you can attack him out of it(if you get the timing right).

Definitely agree, although U-smash is pretty good. Sora is pretty fun with his current moveset although I do think he's probably lower tier, probably B or C. Approach game seems to be a big problem for Sora. I'd prefer old Strike Raid back, or maybe changes to the new one. I've found attacking him out of flowmotion to be easy, especially as Marth or Link(my other mains). I can land Marth's F-smash with the tip hit sweetspot on Sora using flowmotion.

He's great at following up attacks but from a neutral approach against an opponent on the ground he seems a lot less effective then in 0.9a. Short hop dair is good but using it too much becomes predictable. Dash attack is also ok but at low % some characters can punish right after due to endlag

Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:58 pm
 [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next