The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:36 pm

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia 22: Chess Mafia [End] 

MGN Username: Pach
Hey I'm here

I guess I'll start off by claiming PAWN since everyone else claimed already

KeybladePON-3 wrote:
that you blindly followed TOWK's vote. You and Lightning.

He didn't blindly follow anything, he made his own arguments for it and was able to back it up

Also,
KeybladePON-3 wrote:
Go ahead. Lynch me. I dare you.

Don't play like this. Please. Stop assuming that we've lost already and if you are actually town, make an argument for yourself

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:33 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
For the record, I'm not actually claiming pawn. I'm the knight, which means Brik was right about the mafia having the Bishop

AMA

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
TOWK wrote:
For the record, I'm not actually claiming pawn. I'm the knight, which means Brik was right about the mafia having the Bishop

If this is indeed true, then that would clear me or Lightning for claiming rook depending on flip.

Btw, when I said "I'm a better liar than you think," what was meant by this phrase was "If I was lying, it wouldn't be so damn obvious"

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:17 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
KeybladePON-3 wrote:
Go ahead. Lynch me. I dare you.

Pach is right.

Don't turn into me.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:41 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Alright. It looks like we've got one Black piece between Keyblade and Lightning and the other between Doqtor Kirby and TOWK. I'm still in favour of lynching Keyblade following my the reasoning that I previously put forward. Any objections?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:31 pm

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7721573

There's my answer to that.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:36 pm

I apologize, but I'm gonna be on V/LA tomorrow for the first day of school.

I'll return sometime in the afternoon.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:57 am
BR Member

It's really quite simple. Both you and Lightning have claimed to be the White Rook, which means that one is the Rook and the other is the Queen. Doq and TOWK have claimed Bishop and Knight respectively, while no one has counterclaimed Pach as the Pawn. This means that Pach is essentially confirmed town and finding the Black pieces boils down to two 50/50s. One between yourself and Lightning and the other between Doq and TOWK. Since the Queen is the only Black piece that can kill, our plan is essentially foolproof. Here are the possible outcomes if we lynch you:

1. You are the Black Queen. If this is the case, then we will have stripped the Black side of their killing power, come very close to confirming Lightning as town and narrowed the suspect pool for the final Black piece down to two people.

2. You are the White Rook. If this is the case, then I will die instead of you and Lightning will be confirmed scum, practically guaranteed to be the Queen. As the White Rook, you can block Lightning, preventing the killing of Pach, who is the only logical target for the mafia in this scenario. Thus, we will be at lynch-or-lose on Day 2 with the information advantage heavily in our favour. Lightning will be lynched, the mafia will lose their night kill and the game can proceed in a heavily town-favoured manor to its conclusion.

Lynching you, then, is the ideal plan. If you are telling the truth you won't die and can prevent the night kill. However, if you are lying then the town will be halfway to victory.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7721673

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:01 am

Savy, eh? wrote:
It's really quite simple. Both you and Lightning have claimed to be the White Rook, which means that one is the Rook and the other is the Queen. Doq and TOWK have claimed Bishop and Knight respectively, while no one has counterclaimed Pach as the Pawn. This means that Pach is essentially confirmed town and finding the Black pieces boils down to two 50/50s. One between yourself and Lightning and the other between Doq and TOWK. Since the Queen is the only Black piece that can kill, our plan is essentially foolproof. Here are the possible outcomes if we lynch you:

1. You are the Black Queen. If this is the case, then we will have stripped the Black side of their killing power, come very close to confirming Lightning as town and narrowed the suspect pool for the final Black piece down to two people.

2. You are the White Rook. If this is the case, then I will die instead of you and Lightning will be confirmed scum, practically guaranteed to be the Queen. As the White Rook, you can block Lightning, preventing the killing of Pach, who is the only logical target for the mafia in this scenario. Thus, we will be at lynch-or-lose on Day 2 with the information advantage heavily in our favour. Lightning will be lynched, the mafia will lose their night kill and the game can proceed in a heavily town-favoured manor to its conclusion.

Lynching you, then, is the ideal plan. If you are telling the truth you won't die and can prevent the night kill. However, if you are lying then the town will be halfway to victory.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7721673

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7721681

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Ok stop using that website, it's incredibly obnoxious.
I'd like to point out that Doq has done nothing but claim and tell keyblade not to hammer himself

AMA

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:21 am

TOWK wrote:
Ok stop using that website, it's incredibly obnoxious.
I'd like to point out that Doq has done nothing but claim and tell keyblade not to hammer himself

Why? Don't like Ace Attorney?

Also then, in theory Brik, if what you say is true, then if I self-hammered, would you die?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:24 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
In the interest of keeping everyone honest and edit-free, do not communicate via links to another website, and definitely don't make your entire post a link to another website.
Doing so will be regarded as outside communication.

Will be adding this to the opening post.

Nothing has changed since the last votecount.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:59 am
BR Member

Quoting from the opening post:
Quote:
If the Rook is a white piece, the Rook and yourself will permanently switch places: any actions or lynches targeting you will target the Rook, any actions or lynches targeting the Rook will target you. If you or the Rook dies, this ability’s effect will disappear.
So to answer your question, if you are the White Rook and hammer yourself, yes, I will die and not you. If you are not, then you will be eliminated as you normally would be.

Our position at the moment is really simple. Keyblade, you are either mafia or you are not. Your arguments up to this point have lead me to belive that you are, but even that doesn't ultimately matter. If you are mafia, then lynching you is obviously the correct option. If you are not mafia and are in fact telling the truth about being the White Rook, then lynching you is still the correct play because you will live, confirming yourself as town and have an opportunity to roleblock the person that we will then know with 95% certainty has the only killing role in the game.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Signing up as a replacement

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:53 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
No, I have not left the game.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:26 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next