The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
I understand that the side special can be spammed and all, but the thing that I find ridiculous about his flash step is that he does damage during the flash step, not just when he slashes with the sword.

It'd make more sense if he just moved forward and slashed to inflict damage, rather than just moving forward, inflicting damage, and doing a slash that also does damage.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:27 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
DrunkenRockman wrote:
I understand that the side special can be spammed and all, but the thing that I find ridiculous about his flash step is that he does damage during the flash step, not just when he slashes with the sword.

It'd make more sense if he just moved forward and slashed to inflict damage, rather than just moving forward, inflicting damage, and doing a slash that also does damage.

Also agree that it's ridiculous.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:23 pm

[TSON] wrote:
please let me help you guys

Getting sucked into a ground game with Ichigo is futile. Ghost Boy often goes right past (through?) your shield and is in range to attack with his crazy reach. Better off jumping around and attacking from above when he overcommits, then tech chasing your a** off.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:32 pm
SSF2 Developer

Considering most "amateur" Ichigo players tend to not Jump very much, Lloyd's Down-B works quite well. Wait for a moment Ichigo's ground, Down-B, and try to start a Combo out of it.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:33 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
I'm actually discovering that Ichigo is vulnerable to grab hitboxes through his side b.

Which means characters like Kirby and Falcon actually stand a better chance if he's just spamming lol

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I'm actually discovering that Ichigo is vulnerable to grab hitboxes through his side b.

Which means characters like Kirby and Falcon actually stand a better chance if he's just spamming lol

That is if you manage to land a grab on him when in the side special Flash Step. Not an easy task offline, and even harder online.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Shield grabbing Ichigo online is not the way to go about disrupting his spamminess. Anyone who says they're doing that consistently and successfully is lying to you. The only way around blur camp online is proper spacing and use of the air/platforms. And if you're playing with a timer, you can also be a dick by establishing a lead and jumping around until time runs out. :)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Rider0fLightning wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

That is if you manage to land a grab on him when in the side special Flash Step. Not an easy task offline, and even harder online.

I don't actually find it that hard really, since most of my matches vs Ichigo are with Sora. It's really is possible, just spam the moves yourself.

On typical mistake is that people pick the wrong characters to combat Ichigo. And since they're basically fighting against a random opponent, no one knows who's who. I did this alot with Mario and Falcon till I figured out some ways around it.

Startup hitbox still stinks though. Uspecial could also use a nerf.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 am

MGN Username: Yellowkirbyguy
Currently Playing: Super Smash bros 3ds.
If you really need to shut down a Side B trigger happy Ichigo, use Wario's Chomp. Not only does it grab Ichigo mid attack, it can set up a nice (EDIT- The combo depends on their DI) combo. And render Ichigo's Side B useless granted if you can predict it.

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

3ds Friend code~ 4210-4750-3059
Pm me if you've added me so i can add ya back please

Last edited by Yellokirbyguy on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:55 am

There are a plethora of new moves that don't have the cooldown time they should. Nintendo-made moves like Dimensional Cape, and Counter are not spammable due to the amount of cooldown tine they posses. Then, there are custom moves like Goku's down-special, and in this situation, Ichigo's side-special, that without appropriate amounts of cooldown time, can be done repeatedly with little punishment.

This is one of the many issues that need to be fixed with this game before it can be exceptional.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:17 am

After alot of consideration, I feel like he could balanced through these ways:

Make uspecial more of a 'get off me' move/combo finsher, and give it fixed knockback so that it doesn't kill and can't be combo starter.

There are actually 2 different ways to help s-special,
1 - Give the move less shield damage and hitstun. That way the move could still be fast, but yet punishable upon shielding it.
2 - Give rid of the hitbox at the start of the move and give it just a TAD bit more hitstun, not shieldstun. S-special could still be useful, though it would be more of a high risk/high reward move if spaced properly.

I'd say nerf utilt's range just a hair, it's a pretty fast move and combo's into itself mutiple times.

All I have fer now, catcha later.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:51 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Make uspecial more of a 'get off me' move/combo finsher, and give it fixed knockback so that it doesn't kill and can't be combo starter.

1 - Give the move less shield damage and hitstun. That way the move could still be fast, but yet punishable upon shielding it.
2 - Give rid of the hitbox at the start of the move and give it just a TAD bit more hitstun, not shieldstun. S-special could still be useful, though it would be more of a high risk/high reward move if spaced properly.

I'd say nerf utilt's range just a hair, it's a pretty fast move and combo's into itself mutiple times.

This. Utilt and uspec are a little too good at beating aerial characters: Ichigo v Jiggz and similar are some of the hardest matchups in the game.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:38 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

This. Utilt and uspec are a little too good at beating aerial characters: Ichigo v Jiggz and similar are some of the hardest matchups in the game.

I was literally playing that matchup on Friday with my friend and he just used Up special on the ground and I was like "Okaaay Jiggs is short, free grab" so I dash under Ichigo's sword when all of a sudden a windbox pushes me upwards into Ichigo's sword hitbox. I'm just like "WHAAA". Rest can't even kill Black Mage at 50% andI'm supposed to VS this Ichijoke.

Point is I agree with CodeSamurai the Jiggs/Ichigo matchup is 10/90 in Ichigo's favor.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:41 pm
YIM

Shine! wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

I was literally playing that matchup on Friday with my friend and he just used Up special on the ground and I was like "Okaaay Jiggs is short, free grab" so I dash under Ichigo's sword when all of a sudden a windbox pushes me upwards into Ichigo's sword hitbox. I'm just like "WHAAA". Rest can't even kill Black Mage at 50% andI'm supposed to VS this Ichijoke.

Point is I agree with CodeSamurai the Jiggs/Ichigo matchup is 10/90 in Ichigo's favor.

So true, Ichigo is just too fast for Jiggs. I feel like the team are taking this buffing and nerfing stuff to extremely and are judging it by just the tier list alone.

Take DK 4 example... He was already amazing in the last demo, but he was simply overlooked because he was 'combo food' and locked into C tier near the bottom. Look at him now, everyone here is saying he's OP with a super safe moveset.

Same goes for Meta Knight. It doesn't do justice that you buff up all the other characters severely and nerf all the top tiers just because they may have had a few broken moves that made them OP.
Now I do believe moves like Sonic's s-special, MK's dspecial, and Jigglypuff's Rest were all moves that needed work, but the other nerfs they had done to them were too much and uneccessary.
With threats like Ichigo and Donkey Kong rising, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole cycle starts over again with the next demo.....

"What happened to the top tiers from the last demo, didn't they just have a few things nerfed?"

Yes, they did. But because some of them were reliant on certain tools and moves, they had nothing else to support them. Puff and MK are good examples of this.
Some characters like Sonic and Pikachu survived and had been nerfed/buffed correctly. They had some things taken, but were replaced by new things that make them great again. Just not to the point where they're OP.

It's really the minor things that people should consider when buffing/nerfing characters. Just look at Project M's Link. Super fast moves, Boomerang and dash attack combo into everything, safe recovery, heavy, quite small, 50/50 chance of using a super fast grab or super buffed Spin Attack OoS....

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:59 pm

That is something that I have been thinking of as well. Throughout the demos, there have been characters like Ness, DK, Sonic, Ichigo and many more going from top to bottom tier simply because they were overbuffed, or overnerfed. Every character needs reedeeming qualities to be viable, but when you take every single one of these qualities away, youre left with a very poor character.

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:20 pm
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 36  Next